ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Current Affairs & Politics thread

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,850

Re: Official Current Affairs & Politics thread 

Post#1061 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:35 am

This Cambridge Analytica scandal is going to end badly for a lot of people.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

^i'd say more like 30%, mostly far right loons and hicks that claim to be conservative. No one of sound mind wants authoritarian government in the United States.

Read on Twitter

I hope that when Steve Bannon was interviewed for several hours by Mueller's team that he didn't lie about any of this stuff, because if he did prison awaits him. Also, if the work with Cambridge and the Trump campaign was done in coordination with Russian intelligence, especially when it comes to the DNC hacks and voter roll targeting, someone needs to be executed for it because I'm pretty sure this is hovering into the realm of treason and sedition. No need to play games.

also, Mark Zuckerberg is about to receive his comeuppance. Both the US and the UK government are about to drag him, he'd better pray that come January 2019 both the senate and house aren't overrun by the Democrats because he's going to be the whipping boy and I'm sure Robert Mueller has questions too.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
shakendfries
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,063

Post#1062 » by shakendfries » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:42 pm

Trump Criticizes Mueller, Again, as a Former C.I.A. Director Suggests Russia ‘May Have Something’ on the President

WASHINGTON — President Trump indirectly criticized Robert S. Mueller III, the special counsel, on Wednesday for the ongoing investigation into Russia’s 2016 campaign meddling, even as a former C.I.A. director said during a morning news show that President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia may have compromising information on Mr. Trump.

After a weekend of attacking Mr. Mueller — against the advice of his own lawyers — Mr. Trump picked up again in early morning tweets when he quoted a Harvard professor who said Mr. Mueller should never have been appointed to be the special counsel to investigate Russia’s meddling in the 2016 election. That investigation has expanded into inquiries into Mr. Trump’s aides and his own business dealings.

“I was opposed to the selection of Mueller to be Special Council,” Mr. Trump tweeted, misspelling the word, “counsel,” as he quoted Alan M. Dershowitz, a Harvard Law professor who has been outspoken in his defense of the president.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Separately, on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe,” John O. Brennan, a former C.I.A. director, speculated that the Russians “may have something on him personally,” referring to Mr. Trump.

Mr. Brennan was the C.I.A. director when a salacious dossier surfaced in 2016 that claimed the Russians had compromising information on Mr. Trump. There has been no proof that such material exists, but Mr. Trump’s affection for the Russian leader has raised questions about the nature of their relationship.

On Tuesday, Mr. Trump congratulated Mr. Putin on his re-election and made no mention of the election meddling. Mr. Trump has routinely issued statements about Russia and Mr. Putin that sound at odds with his own advisers and administration actions.
ImageImage

"Kevin Durant is not coming to the Nets. If I'm wrong, I will change my avatar to anything you request no matter how humiliating it is." - MrDollarBills, 10/22/18
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1063 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:01 pm

I hate the NY Times so much. "Harvard professor" my ass. Alan Dershowitz is a scum bag who used to party with Trump and Jeffrey Epstein. Every time Dershowitz is on TV he lies repeatedly. When news outlets normalize this nonsense it continues to distort truth. The NY Times especially Maggie Haberman have bent over backwards to normalize Trump and muddy the waters.

"The probable cause" is a multitude of things that were being investigated well before Trump took office. The reason why Mueller got sicced on him is because he was dumb enough to fire James Comey and then go on television and tell Lester Holt "yeah i fired him over the Russia thing". That statement alone is going to end up getting him charged :lol:

Either way, this is what, the 3rd day in a row he's gone after Mueller? He's in total panic mode. He's close to doing what Nixon did before the ceiling came crashing down on his head

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1064 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:24 pm

Read on Twitter

RIP to this monster's victims.

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#1065 » by Prokorov » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:10 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Read on Twitter

more domestic terrorism... sad. system is broken, no one wants to fund it just grease their own pockets. both sides agree on a solution, no one wants to divert money to it.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1066 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:04 pm

Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Read on Twitter

more domestic terrorism... sad. system is broken, no one wants to fund it just grease their own pockets. both sides agree on a solution, no one wants to divert money to it.

I'm refraining from calling this guy a white nationalist terrorist until more evidence is put forth about his motivations, but he clearly targeted minorities and the non minority person who got caught in one of his bombs set off a trip wire so we don't know if it was racially motivated for sure (my gut says yes, but facts matter).

He was however, a raging sexist bigot:

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/379529-austin-bombing-suspect-wrote-about-opposition-to-gay-marriage

The suspect in a series of bombings in Austin, Texas, identified himself as a conservative and wrote about his opposition to gay marriage and abortion, according to The Austin American Statesmen.

The newspaper reports that Mark Anthony Conditt wrote about his views on a blog for a U.S. government class he took at Austin Community College.

“First, if a women does not want a baby, or is incapable of taking care of one, she should not participate in activities that were made for that reason. Second, if we are going to give women free abortions, why not give men free condoms, or the like? Is it not up to the couple to take these preventive measures?” Conditt reportedly wrote.

He also reportedly voiced his opposition to homosexuality, saying it was not natural.

“Just look at the male and female bodies. They are obviously designed to couple. The natural design is apparent. It is not natural to couple male with male and female with female. It would be like trying to fit two screws together and to nuts together and then say, 'See, it’s natural for them to go together,' " he wrote, according to the Statesmen.

And Conditt advocated for getting rid of the sex offender system on the blog.

So he's "conservative", anti women, anti gay....three checked boxes so far, all that's left is to find out he had it out for his targeted victims because they were black and latino and we've got another one of Trump's very fine people at work, killing more innocent people.

This is why I have said repeatedly that the extremist right wing rhetoric and ideology that 13th man was spewing on here is dangerous and tantamount to hate speech. I don't understand how anyone can look at what is unfolding in the United States and then engage in bothsiderism.

If someone views the far right wing extremist element and all that oppose it (which ranges from moderate conservatives/liberals all the way to the far left, which is problematic in its own right but still better than Nazis) to be "equally bad", then that can only mean that the person who views them as equals is not a target of theirs, nor do they feel threatened by them.

Minorities, women, LGBTer, Jews, Muslims etc can't afford to play that game.

This country is trending towards some serious danger because this element is being radicalized via social media outlets and then emboldened by the President, and I believe the worst stuff will come if Trump has to resign or is removed from office.

shakendfries
Assistant Coach

Post#1067 » by shakendfries » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:47 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

I don’t think the issue is about using these methods to send targeted advertisements, it’s whether Russia was tied into the data & services Cambridge Analytica provided to 45

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
ImageImage

"Kevin Durant is not coming to the Nets. If I'm wrong, I will change my avatar to anything you request no matter how humiliating it is." - MrDollarBills, 10/22/18
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1068 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:39 pm

^^correct, its not about the methods, but whether or not this was done in coordination with Russian intelligence. If it was, and Zuckerberg knew about it, he can kiss his ass goodbye along with the rest of them.

More fun news:

How a Witness for Mueller and a Republican Donor Influenced the White House for Gulf Rulers

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/21/us/politics/george-nader-elliott-broidy-uae-saudi-arabia-white-house-influence.html?smid=tw-share

Mr. Nader has been granted immunity in a deal for his cooperation with the special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, according to people familiar with the matter, and his relationship with Mr. Broidy may also offer clues to the direction of that inquiry.

Mr. Nader has now been called back from abroad to provide additional testimony, one person familiar with the matter said this week. Mr. Mueller’s investigators have already asked witnesses about Mr. Nader’s contacts with top Trump administration officials and about his possible role in funneling Emirati money to Mr. Trump’s political efforts, a sign that the investigation has broadened to examine the role of foreign money in the Trump administration.

Mueller is flipping these guys left and right.

Read on Twitter

http://abcnews.go.com/US/exclusive-fired-fbi-official-authorized-criminal-probe-sessions/story?id=53914006

Nearly a year before Attorney General Jeff Sessions fired senior FBI official Andrew McCabe for what Sessions called a "lack of candor," McCabe oversaw a federal criminal investigation into whether Sessions lacked candor when testifying before Congress about contacts with Russian operatives, sources familiar with the matter told ABC News.

One source told ABC News that Sessions was not aware of the investigation when he decided to fire McCabe last Friday less than 48 hours before McCabe, a former FBI deputy director, was due to retire from government and obtain a full pension, but an attorney representing Sessions declined to confirm that.

Last year, several top Republican and Democratic lawmakers were informed of the probe during a closed-door briefing with Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein and McCabe, ABC News was told.

oops.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1069 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:58 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

:lol: please do. I want nothing more than to see this man rotting in prison.

ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#1070 » by ChokeFasncists » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:20 pm

AndySF wrote:
ChokeFasncists wrote:
AndySF wrote:I once got cuffed years ago by just parking on the side of the road in bright daylight with my 3 years old daughter in the car crying (in San Francisco no less) because of the way I dress and the car I drove ( a flagship Jaguar). Some old white lady don't think that can possibly be my car because I don't look the part and call the cops :banghead:

Dang, that must have been ages ago. You fought in Vietnam or something?

Why should anyone feel sorry for American who were born and raise here who don't bother to better themselves and make a better future for themselves. The world is moving forward, move with it or get left behind. Personal accountability, isn't that what the right always preach?

Lots of votes and money.

It was 2007. Yah, we are not as far along as we had hoped.

SF in 2007??!! Definitely didn't expect that......what were you wearing tho? :wink:
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1071 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:26 pm

Holy **** :o

Read on Twitter

it's best to click on that tweet and read the entire thread. The DNC hack confirmed to be the work of the Russian government.

Trump campaign adviser Roger Stone was in direct contact with this dude over those emails. I hope he enjoys what's left of his time as a free man.

shakendfries
Assistant Coach

Post#1072 » by shakendfries » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:08 am

MrDollarBills wrote:Holy **** :o

Read on Twitter

it's best to click on that tweet and read the entire thread. The DNC hack confirmed to be the work of the Russian government.

Trump campaign adviser Roger Stone was in direct contact with this dude over those emails. I hope he enjoys what's left of his time as a free man.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

ImageImage

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1073 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:27 am

shakendfries wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:Holy **** :o

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

word, thanks for unrolling. people need to understand how **** ed this all is and how all of this is outright treason. I am not a fan of establishment democrats or republicans. but I actually do love the country that i was born in (thanks to two immigrants who gave birth to me here) because it has afforded me so much opportunity despite the roadblocks that minorities have to deal with.

That being said, we should all want to change this country for the better. but there's a difference between that, and conspiring with a hostile foreign nation to establish an autocratic criminal regime that throws the country into chaos. that's treason and sedition. personally, i think that traitors should get their throats cut, or be hung. for real. i think when its all said and done, there need to be some executions to serve as a warning to anyone else who would dare try what we're seeing ever again.

this is some crazy ass **** to be alive for. I watched the smoke plumes of the twin towers from my college dorm flood the sky on 9-11. most surreal, eye opening stuff i had seen. but to think, 17 years later I'd live to see this country going through a Manchurian Candidate scenario in real time.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1074 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:41 am

Also...do not be shocked if within the coming days, or months, that this Guccifer crap comes back to slap Bernie Sanders on his ass.

I was a supporter of Bernie in the Dem primaries versus Hillary (i voted for her in the general election because i'm a sane adult). I have no shame in admitting it. But I think Bernie is suspect. and i think there will be things that come to light that will not be favorable to Sanders. he's going to get caught up in this Russia stuff. the GRU/FSB/Russian intelligence trolls were working overtime for Bernie during the DNC leaks/DNC convention.

Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,797

Post#1075 » by Rich Rane » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:12 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
shakendfries
Assistant Coach

Post#1076 » by shakendfries » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:39 pm

this is actually kinda fascinating, especially after 8:06

...so 45's alt movement largely appeals to degenerates...who would've guessed it

oh
ImageImage

shakendfries
Assistant Coach

Post#1077 » by shakendfries » Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:32 pm

anyone watching the Stormy Daniels interview on 60 minutes?
ImageImage

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1078 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:08 am

shakendfries wrote:

anyone watching the Stormy Daniels interview on 60 minutes?

nah. anything good or reprehensible being revealed or is it all the stuff that was said before?

Re: Black American gun ownership. I'm all for it. I'm also pro assault rifle bans and stringent background checks.

I guarantee you if the rate of Black gun ownership triples within the next 2 years and it becomes widely known, the same ass holes who want to mock and threaten children over the 2A will be singing a different tune about easy access to guns because right now for some reason, these NRA loons for some really odd reason don't think that non whites(and liberal whites) don't own guns :crazy: Gun laws in America also has a lot to do with America's racist past. If you see black gun ownership rise to levels where these loons get scared, things will change.

That being said, if this also has something to do with what rapper Killer Mike said the other day, I think he's an idiot. No one needs assault rifles, and we need to stop making it easy for guns to be purchased in one state and then transported to another. As much as we want to prevent school shootings and mass shootings in public places, getting the guns off of the streets in urban areas should be dealt with as well. The kids who are marching and walking out in protest are 100% right. Thankfully a lot of them will be turning 18 before November. The GOP is doing irreparable damage to their party's survival over the next 10 years. People won't forget this.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1079 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:15 am

https://sports.yahoo.com/gregg-popovich-says-cowardice-donald-trump-left-d-c-gun-protests-223223670.html

Since Donald Trump took office, San Antonio Spurs coach Gregg Popovich has had no problem speaking bluntly about his thoughts on the President. He’s called the country an “embarrassment” and called Trump a “soulless coward” in the past.

He again called out Trump’s “cowardice” Sunday after being asked about about the “March for Our Lives” rallies around the country. The marches were aimed at reducing gun violence in the United States.

Jack Maloney of CBS Sports has Popovich’s full response to that question:

Well, the future of the country is a pretty big thing. There’s not one event that is going to signal what it’s going to be like in the future. But I can tell you that I’m sure most everybody is going to be unbelievably proud and excited about those students and what they’ve done. Because our politicians have certainly sat on their thumbs and just hidden. To most, it’s almost like a dereliction of duty to watch all these people get killed with guns — in so many different ways, whether it’s nightclubs, or schools, or cities. And it seems that the power and the money are more important than the lives. So to see these teenagers demand this, it takes you back.

You think about it, the civil rights movement didn’t flip or change until people saw things on TV. They saw policemen with fire hoses and dogs biting old black men and women, people being beaten with sticks. Then you get to the Vietnam War, and we’re in it forever, and then what happens? Film starts coming back with arms and legs blown off and coffins, and I can still remember the little girl who was napalmed running down the road. Things change when that happens. And in this one, in this situation, these students are the same way. Images are important. Obviously you can’t put an image on TV of what happened in that classroom, that would be pretty horrifying.

But if you just sit for a moment and imagine those bullets going through those bodies, and what those bodies might have looked like afterwards, how can the president of the country talk about all the things he’s going to do, and then go have lunch with the NRA and change it? It’s just cowardice. A real leader would have been in Washington D.C. this weekend, not at his penthouse at Mar-a-Lago. He would have had the decency to meet with a group, to see what’s going on, and how important it is, and how important our children should be to us. So for all those politicians involved, it’s just a dereliction of duty.

They can talk about the age limit, and background checks and all that, but the real discussion is what kind of a country, what kind of a culture do we want? You go back and investigate the second amendment. What does it really mean today? What are we willing to give up for the safety of our children. The people in power don’t want to talk about that. The fact that our president left town, is a real indication of how much he really cares about anything other than feeding his insatiable ego.

yep..a gutless, orange eunuch

TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach
And1: 3,583

Post#1080 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:41 am

Great 60 minutes episode. I’m happy that they followed up all of the nasty Trump details with a feel good story about the future best player in the NBA. It was definitely needed.

Return to Brooklyn Nets