ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Current Affairs & Politics thread

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,569

Re: Official Current Affairs & Politics thread 

Post#1221 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:54 am

Here's a good article that summarizes the fallout from yesterday's indictment of 12 Russian GRU(Intelligence) agents who were behind the hacking of the DNC/voter data in 2016:

https://www.justsecurity.org/59418/big-takeaways-muellers-indictment-russian-intel-officers/

Read on Twitter

The crazy part is that now that a clear connection to the hacks and the Russian government has been established, that can and should be considered an act of war. Meanwhile, the orange **** bag is still going to meet with Putin this week instead of calling off the summit. Why? Because at this point its clear that he's a willing asset of the Russian mob/government and has been for a very long time.

Never thought I'd ever live to see something like this.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

^he is indeed the Trump campaign contact that was in touch with "Guccifer 2" (Russian intel agent(s)). He also admitted that he only spoke to Trump (his long time friend) directly. oops.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,752

Post#1222 » by Rich Rane » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:35 pm

Holy crap, what a crapfest of a press conference Trump had with Putin.
TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach
And1: 3,579

Post#1223 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:43 pm

Rich Rane wrote:Holy crap, what a crapfest of a press conference Trump had with Putin.

It's definitely time to start taking this whole impeachment thing seriously.
bud29
Junior
And1: 139

Post#1224 » by bud29 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:19 am

I sure wonder which political party and gun rights organization this affidavit is referring to!
Read on Twitter
shakendfries
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,063

Post#1225 » by shakendfries » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:33 am

Disclaimer: I am not a troll or some russo burner account - just posting something I came across

ImageImage

"Kevin Durant is not coming to the Nets. If I'm wrong, I will change my avatar to anything you request no matter how humiliating it is." - MrDollarBills, 10/22/18
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1226 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:44 am

shakendfries wrote:Disclaimer: I am not a troll or some russo burner account - just posting something I came across

This is a bunch of garbage. America is no saint in geo political affairs. I get it. But Vladmir Putin is a murdering criminal thug. Can you imagine showing this video to the family of the people who lost loved ones when Russia shot down Malaysia Airlines Flight 17? This is literally propaganda and of course VICE, who are run by garbage people in the first place, would air this on their program.

So Ukraine has no right to join NATO? The crap that Putin has done in Ukraine should just go on then? The Russian government is currently waging cyber warfare and psyops in both US, UK and in the EU stoking the flames of white nationalism. This has led to both the rise of Trump and Brexit. They tried to also pull this stunt in Spain with Catalonia. They have committed TWO acts of war on British soil using chemical weapons THIS YEAR. I know that NATO's hands aren't clean but I'll be damned if I can turn a blind eye to what Putin is doing just because of that. Russia's behavior is directly harming people, right here in the United States at that. **** this "russiaphobe" nonsense. That's Russian propaganda, period. Videos like this aren't helpful or even remotely telling the entire story.

Vladimir Putin and the Russian government are the mob. Literally the Russian mob run by Semion Mogilevich. This idea that Trump is right to lick Putin's balls in front of the world and his behavior is somehow a "deterrent" to nuclear war is a load of crap. Donald Trump is compromised and is a traitor. The idiots like these two men or, like Rand Paul and his father, who push this "Russia phobe" or "Trump derangement syndrome" propaganda will be nowhere to be found if Russia ever successfully hacks America's power grids. This isn't a game, I dunno why people think it is.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1227 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:49 am

bud29 wrote:I sure wonder which political party and gun rights organization this affidavit is referring to!
Read on Twitter

:lol: "POLITICAL PARTY 1". This and the indictment of the Russian GRU members last week were the warning shots. I have said on here for months that the GOP is going to go down over this and its coming.

I also love how they unsealed this right after Trump told the world that he was a traitor. This is why the GOP House reps made asses of themselves in the peter strzok hearing last week. They are scared to death because as I have said on here before, the NRA was funneling laundered Russian cash into GOP coffers (including the Trump campaign). A lot of GOPers are going to jail over this.

Mueller knows everything.

and don't be surprised if Bernie Sanders gets caught up. Just a head's up. Sanders is not clean.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1228 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:56 am

TheBrooklynKidd wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:Holy crap, what a crapfest of a press conference Trump had with Putin.

It's definitely time to start taking this whole impeachment thing seriously.

The word "treason" needs to be introduced into the public discourse.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1229 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:09 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Nothing to see here.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1230 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:37 pm

Read on Twitter

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1231 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:24 am

Read on Twitter

Scott Stedman, a young and upcoming investigative journalist, is an excellent follow on Twitter btw if you want to see traitors get exposed in real time.

If this is true and Butina was under surveillance from the moment she started dicking around with the NRA and GOP....lol. die in jail yeah?

the last 2 weeks of activity will an interesting read for kids in the latter half of the 2020s in their social studies/history classes.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1232 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:15 pm

I hate to spam this thread but the Maria Butina (russian spy)/NRA/GOP story is going to get much much worse:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

^This is in reference to the spy trading sex for access amongst complicit members of the GOP. the honey pot trap.

Read on Twitter

Remember I said months ago that there was a reason why Paul Ryan, Jeff Flake, Orrin Hatch, Trey Gowdy and a slew of other GOP reps and senators were suddenly "retiring" from politics after their terms end? We're about to find out why. Trump's behavior the other day has now opened the flood gates.

Make sure to vote in November folks. :D

gigantes
Starter
And1: 1,097

Post#1233 » by gigantes » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:05 am

This is going to be a weird post, for one thing because I haven't actually posted here before even though my acct is ancient. (IIRC I signed up here around the same time I did some other BB boards, but wound up running with another board for many years, for better or worst... with an accent on "worst" heh)

Hey MDB (I also remember you from ND)-- I was wondering if there was anything more concerning a Sanders - Russian influence? That particular idea is quite surprising to me, although it makes some sense from a certain POV.

I mean for one thing, going back to the Primary, Sanders IMO promised a bunch of Euro-style aid and student subsidy that never had any real chance of passing in a GOP-controlled congress / senate (or maybe even a Dem-controlled duo), yet the hypnotic appeal of that particular BS wound up sweeping up a huge portion of younger and fringe-ish Dem voters, disastrously one might say. Meanwhile Hillary was advocating practical but unexciting stuff, which seemed to be the basis of her platform, more or less.

Point is, at the end of the day, it seems like Sanders' presidential run wound up doing an incredible amount of damage to the party and ultimately the nation, which possibly / possibly not ties in to Russian influence.
bud29
Junior
And1: 139

Post#1234 » by bud29 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:13 am

I think it's pretty well-known that Sanders was a beneficiary of Russia's anti-Hillary propaganda. In fact, I think it's already been mentioned in some of Mueller's filings. Was Sanders (or anyone on his campaign) actively soliciting that help, though? I really doubt that, though I suppose we'll see.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1235 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:04 pm

gigantes wrote:This is going to be a weird post, for one thing because I haven't actually posted here before even though my acct is ancient. (IIRC I signed up here around the same time I did some other BB boards, but wound up running with another board for many years, for better or worst... with an accent on "worst" heh)

Hey MDB (I also remember you from ND)-- I was wondering if there was anything more concerning a Sanders - Russian influence? That particular idea is quite surprising to me, although it makes some sense from a certain POV.

I mean for one thing, going back to the Primary, Sanders IMO promised a bunch of Euro-style aid and student subsidy that never had any real chance of passing in a GOP-controlled congress / senate (or maybe even a Dem-controlled duo), yet the hypnotic appeal of that particular BS wound up sweeping up a huge portion of younger and fringe-ish Dem voters, disastrously one might say. Meanwhile Hillary was advocating practical but unexciting stuff, which seemed to be the basis of her platform, more or less.

Point is, at the end of the day, it seems like Sanders' presidential run wound up doing an incredible amount of damage to the party and ultimately the nation, which possibly / possibly not ties in to Russian influence.

Correct. Bernie Sanders did an incredible amount of damage.

First of all, I will be very transparent: I was a Sanders supporter and voted for him in the Dem primary. I was upset when he lost to Hillary (who I am not a fan of, especially after what the Obama Administration did to Libya). But I voted for her anyway because she is of sound mind, and she isn't a traitor like Trump.

However in hindsight...and this is just my gut suspicion....I believe that Sanders' campaign was being propped up by The Kremlin (either wittingly or unwittingly, I will not accuse him of that without evidence). There's some funny stuff surrounding his campaign...the large infusions of cash his campaign was getting in particular make me wonder, especially since he was grass roots. Where was that money coming from? Also, and I don't have any links on me at the moment but I do recall that the Russian troll farms were playing both sides and a lot of them were spreading pro Sanders/Anti Clinton propaganda even AFTER Bernie lost to further drive progressive and younger voters away from supporting Clinton or push independents towards Trump. I believe that the Kremlin had an active interest in dividing the center-left voter base in order to give Trump an edge because at this point, it is beyond obvious that between Trump's ties to Russia and the NRA being a money funnel for the Russian government, Putin has compromised most if not all of the GOP (and most likely some Dems too).

That being said, here's another reason why I am suspect of Bernie. Bernie voted against sanctions against Russia and offered a real flimsy reason as to why he did that. That raised a red flag.

And now here's this. The other day, Robert Mueller released all of the evidence that he has on Paul Manafort. Over 500 entries if i recall. Among them are several intercepted emails/calls between Paul Manafort and a man named Tad Devine. Who is Tad Devine?

Bernie Sanders' campaign manager.

Something stinks. I don't want to make any claims but I am of the mindset that when the truth comes out Sanders is not going come out unscathed.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1236 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:18 pm

bud29 wrote:I think it's pretty well-known that Sanders was a beneficiary of Russia's anti-Hillary propaganda. In fact, I think it's already been mentioned in some of Mueller's filings. Was Sanders (or anyone on his campaign) actively soliciting that help, though? I really doubt that, though I suppose we'll see.

This is how I feel. I don't know if Sanders was a willing agent in this matter. If he was willing, then he's a traitor just like Trump and needs to be dealt with as such.

Mueller, Rosenstein and the Justice Department aren't **** ing around anymore. After what Trump did in Helsinki the gloves have come off. Did you guys see the New York Times report this week where it was revealed that the FBI briefed Trump in DETAIL about what Russia was doing days before his inauguration? Even going as far as giving him information on sources. Trump then proceeded to run cover for Putin and continued to lie about everything. That story was leaked on purpose. It's going to get ugly from here on out.

Also, lots of Russian officials ended up being killed after Trump was given the evidence of Russian interference. Trump very well could have given the Russians the same documentation that the feds LEFT in his team's possession. That's another reason why that story leaked. They are laying the seeds in the public discourse for the truth to come out: The President of the United States is a willing and active asset of the Russian government.

The Nuremberg trials will look like light work compared to what will happen to Trump and the GOPers who are caught up in this. An example will be set. It will have to be.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1237 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:03 pm

Read on Twitter

OOPS.

Roy Tarpley
Veteran
And1: 987

Post#1238 » by Roy Tarpley » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:31 pm

This is going to be the biggest scandal in the history of the United States. It really saddens me that there are MILLIONS of Americans out there, many of them so debilitated by white fragility and the perception that they are losing control of the United States, that they voted for a traitor and would continue to vote for him in 2020.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1239 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:43 am

I challenge anyone to watch HBO's Real Sports w/ Bryant Gumbel, Season 24 episode 6 and then try to defend Donald Trump's behavior in Helsinki.

You won't.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1240 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:46 am

Roy Tarpley wrote:This is going to be the biggest scandal in the history of the United States. It really saddens me that there are MILLIONS of Americans out there, many of them so debilitated by white fragility and the perception that they are losing control of the United States, that they voted for a traitor and would continue to vote for him in 2020.

Nah. **** them. seriously, **** those people.

Return to Brooklyn Nets