13th Man
General Manager
And1: 6,117

Re: Official Current Affairs & Politics thread 

Post#1021 » by 13th Man » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:35 pm

tonman wrote:
13th Man wrote:
tonman wrote:
So ask yourself why trans have a high suicide rate and then a better solution would appear.

How about you cut to the root of the issue by not endorsing the trans movement? You are looking for sources to blame rather than treating the root cause.

I'm not the one with a predetermined viewpoint of the issue. Freedom of choice. Once you understand that we can move on....

And freedom of choice goes both ways of course. I don't condone any type of abuse or violence but you can't force me how to behave either. I have the freedom to try to show these cuckoos where they went wrong.
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,751

Post#1022 » by Rich Rane » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:51 pm

13th Man wrote:Rich is a cool and a good moderator overall. Just that he didn't exactly put a halt to the situation by continuing with hypotheticals of how my late mother should react and of course the loser shakeandfries would continue to make jokes about it.

"Let's ease off on his mother. She could be as embarrassed by her son's views as we think she should be and even if she isn't, we still shouldn't bring her into this conversation."

This is literally what happened. Just because I didn't draw the hypothetical of whether your mother is alive or not doesn't mean I didn't tell the board to leave your mother out of it. It's certainly not my fault nor anyone else's that you're as sensitive of your views as much as you believe the "leftists" on this board are.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#1023 » by Prokorov » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:59 pm

13th Man wrote:They are a product of a flawed narrative pushed by the left since the early 2000s. They used to be known as transvestites where gays and lesbians physically transform themselves into the opposite sex. This has since spawned into 50 different types of transgenders, many of whom are not biological gay, more so confused individuals who have been encouraged to make matters even worse. I don't see any blame being placed on this narrative being pushed by celebrities, the media, the academic institutions and now the lefties in the government. Did I mention that I was forced to take courses on gender identity and that I didn't have a choice in the matter?

This is America. people are free to push agendas. free to make choices, free to decide if they want to jump on a trend. maybe they even feel liberated that something they already lived with, struggled with is now become more mainstream. regardless whether you agree with the agenda or not, they are still american citizens who have every right in this country as any other america... life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness... which includes being protected under constitutional laws against bias and safety within communities, workplaces, and schools.

you did not have to take the training. you could have refused, taken employement elsewhere, moved to another state, etc.

That is my problem. The left continue to make up victim groups, yet take no responsibility or accountability for the repercussions, instead they try to blame everything on the common folk that had nothing to do with this in the first place.

Again, you are over generalizing. im am not the left. i dont often vote democratic, i dont identify with democratic stances (pro-choice for isntances). so spare me the lefty stuff.

and no, they are not "making victim groups". the fact that transgendered are being abused and bullied to the point of a 45% suicide rate would certainly prove that they are indeed victims.

who is blaming anything on the "common folk" do you have some guilt complex? i certainly dont feel blamed. then again i dont use hate speech, i dont act aggressively against those who make different choices then i do... etc..

Because of my reasoning above. I feel compassion for gays and lesbians, not as much for the trans who did have a choice but have decided to make the wrong one for the most part.

"wrong" is subjective. if you dont believe people who have different beliefs then you deserve to be protected by the law and not abused or mistreated then you are a pretty disgusting person

This was heavily pushed starting 2002, 2003. Ever since all of these new transgender types spawned out of nowhere and we're forced to accept them. I have no issues with accepting them, as stated I as forced to take courses on the subject to broaden my awareness on the situation. That's fine. Just don't blame the suicides on people like me because it wasn't my doing that has caused your turmoil and confusion.

1) there where transgendered people LONG before 2002. this isnt new.

2) these new types didnt "Spawn out of nowhere. once it became more accepted to come out fo the closet as transgendered, that is when the different classifications also became mainstream. this wasnt built in some democrats basement overnight

3) you dont have to accept anyone. its a free country. you do have to treat them equally and afford them the same rights as every other us citizen.

4) i have no turmoil or confuson nor di i blame "you" for anyones suicide. if you can relate to shoe who verbally and physically abuse LGBT/trans people, the again, that is on you. but there certainly are TONS of homophobes and pieces of garbage who DO verbally and physically abuse them.... many times it comes from the persons own family. they are to blame for these suicides.

people like you who dont have an issue with that may not be to blame but you certainly are not part of the solution either.

Agreed, there are bad apples from all walks of life.

im sorry, but im not going to call a mass murder a "bad apple"
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#1024 » by Prokorov » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:02 pm

13th Man wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
13th Man wrote:
This is what happens when you get bullied on a forum my multiple posters and have to incessantly defend yourself. Yes, I am playing the victim card here but I have complained about this in the past and nothing gets done about it. The moderator even joins in to make jokes about my mother.

Continue on with your new found angle about me being a child-abuser, I'm not surprised that you would pounce on something like this.

No one is bullying you. We are pointing out the ignorance of your statements. if you can not reconcile that, then that is on you. No one made a joke about your mother. They made an anology about how she would feel in a certain situation and you took offense to that because she isnt alive. its not like there was some "your-mama so fat" joke.

No one called you a child abuser. people QUOTED you after you send you would slap your child silly if he told you he identified as a girl. those YOUR words. not ours. if you meant something else, thats fine, but you cant expect us to read what you wrote, verbatim, and know you where "joking" or "using a figure of speach" especially when you have shown no empathy during these conversations.

You can not come somewhere, spew ignorance, generalize any opposing view points as "leftist" propaganda, brush off anything you said that wa soffensive as "old fashioned way", play the "but i have a black friend i cant be racist" thing and expect people to assume the best when you say you are going to hit your kid if he told you he was trans.

its hard to be sympathetic in this situation

If you want to hide behind semantics, that's fine but they all know what they have been accusing me of to no end. I have a right to defend myself, although I have been ignoring the latest batch of childish drivel.

People pointing out the ignorance in alot of your remarks is not bullying. no one has an issue with you responding to that. But it is difficult to really put much value in those responses when your initial remarks are so definitive and violent "if my son told me he was a girl id slap him silly" and then "oh no i didnt mean it thats just a thing i say"
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#1025 » by Prokorov » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:04 pm

13th Man wrote:
tonman wrote:
13th Man wrote:
How about you cut to the root of the issue by not endorsing the trans movement? You are looking for sources to blame rather than treating the root cause.

I'm not the one with a predetermined viewpoint of the issue. Freedom of choice. Once you understand that we can move on....

And freedom of choice goes both ways of course. I don't condone any type of abuse or violence but you can't force me how to behave either. I have the freedom to try to show these cuckoos where they went wrong.

As long as you operate within the law you are entitled to do that. But freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism or representations. if you spew ignorance you will be called out and labelled (racist, bigot, etc...). the fact that you admit you wont say these things in public really underscores the issue.
13th Man
General Manager

Post#1026 » by 13th Man » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:38 pm

Prokorov wrote:
This is America. people are free to push agendas. free to make choices, free to decide if they want to jump on a trend. maybe they even feel liberated that something they already lived with, struggled with is now become more mainstream. regardless whether you agree with the agenda or not, they are still american citizens who have every right in this country as any other america... life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness... which includes being protected under constitutional laws against bias and safety within communities, workplaces, and schools.

you did not have to take the training. you could have refused, taken employement elsewhere, moved to another state, etc.

Then go ahead and push your agenda. Just don't blame other people when thing don't turn out well. Imo, the 45% suicide rate has little to do with the abuse, it has everything to do with how confused they are and how they can't even accept themselves. Take responsibility for the mess that YOU created, I'm sorry but it's not on me.

I'm a practical person. When my workplace forces me to do something that I don't particularly like but can either

1) Take the 1 hr to complete the course

or

2) Play the martyr and stand up to my beliefs by making a huge deal out of it and drawing all kinds of unneeded attention.

It's a no brainer. Suck it up and play the game. I ended up broadening my awareness so it's all good.

Again, you are over generalizing. im am not the left. i dont often vote democratic, i dont identify with democratic stances (pro-choice for isntances). so spare me the lefty stuff.

I never accused you per say, just people here in general that have ganged up on me 10:1. I don't mind if it was just rational discussion but they've just become hate filled name-calling posts and character assassinations.

and no, they are not "making victim groups". the fact that transgendered are being abused and bullied to the point of a 45% suicide rate would certainly prove that they are indeed victims.

Again, I challenge the notion that the high suicide rate is due to being victimized, in my opinion it is more due to being highly confused and lead down the wrong path by irresponsible adults. Why would you push such a dangerous agenda in the first place?
Let me push a new agenda promoting MS-13, I wonder how that will turn out?

who is blaming anything on the "common folk" do you have some guilt complex? i certainly dont feel blamed. then again i dont use hate speech, i dont act aggressively against those who make different choices then i do... etc..

The left and continuously portraying themselves as victims blaming others for their woes. People are getting sick of their crap.

"wrong" is subjective. if you dont believe people who have different beliefs then you deserve to be protected by the law and not abused or mistreated then you are a pretty disgusting person

Once again, I never condoned any type of abuse. In fact, I am trying to save future kids from potentially committing suicide.

1) there where transgendered people LONG before 2002. this isnt new.

2) these new types didnt "Spawn out of nowhere. once it became more accepted to come out fo the closet as transgendered, that is when the different classifications also became mainstream. this wasnt built in some democrats basement overnight

From 2003, this is when all this crap started to become mainstream.

3) you dont have to accept anyone. its a free country. you do have to treat them equally and afford them the same rights as every other us citizen.
[/quote][/quote]

I have not experienced this but how do you feel about trans participating in sports? Such as a trans girl who was whooping everybody in wrestling because she was born a male with male genes and hormones?

Other than cases like those, I never said that I do not accept them. If they don't negatively impact other people's lives and they're happy, then all is good. Unfortunately, this is not the case. I don't like the fact that so many of them are committing suicide, but it's not on me. It's on the people that have forced this agenda into the mainstream.
13th Man
General Manager

Post#1027 » by 13th Man » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:40 pm

Prokorov wrote:People pointing out the ignorance in alot of your remarks is not bullying. no one has an issue with you responding to that. But it is difficult to really put much value in those responses when your initial remarks are so definitive and violent "if my son told me he was a girl id slap him silly" and then "oh no i didnt mean it thats just a thing i say"

I forget that you guys take everything so literally and will harp on any less than politically correct term, expression or figure of speech.
13th Man
General Manager

Post#1028 » by 13th Man » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:44 pm

Prokorov wrote:
13th Man wrote:
tonman wrote:I'm not the one with a predetermined viewpoint of the issue. Freedom of choice. Once you understand that we can move on....

As long as you operate within the law you are entitled to do that. But freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism or representations. if you spew ignorance you will be called out and labelled (racist, bigot, etc...). the fact that you admit you wont say these things in public really underscores the issue.

They are free to criticize my points of discussion and I'm free to refute it. On this board, it's supposed to be a bannable offense to character assassinate members. I have been called everything under the sun, mainly because I oppose the views of the majority here. They don't agree, so they bash and spew out hateful names.

I don't discuss politics at the workplace because I know it's not the place. Even within family, political discussion can get ugly.

At any place of work, It just does no good and you're in a lose-lose situation because 50% of the people will disagree with your stance so why even bother?
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,536

Post#1029 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:52 pm

13th Man wrote:Other than cases like those, I never said that I do not accept them. If they don't negatively impact other people's lives and they're happy, then all is good. Unfortunately, this is not the case. I don't like the fact that so many of them are committing suicide, but it's not on me. It's on the people that have forced this agenda into the mainstream.

So you "accept" transgender people, but if your son comes out to you saying that he wants to transition to become a transgender woman, you will beat him physically in response.

You're all over the **** ing place, bigot. Pick a square.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1030 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:56 pm

13th Man wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
13th Man wrote:

They are free to criticize my points of discussion and I'm free to refute it. On this board, it's supposed to be a bannable offense to character assassinate members. I have been called everything under the sun, mainly because I oppose the views of the majority here. They don't agree, so they bash and spew out hateful names.

I don't discuss politics at the workplace because I know it's not the place. Even within family, political discussion can get ugly.

At any place of work, It just does no good and you're in a lose-lose situation because 50% of the people will disagree with your stance so why even bother?

You are being called a bigot, racist, and child abuser because your comments have led to these assertions. You posted a blatantly racist anti black video. You have called gay people genetically defective, which has no basis in science and is straight up nazi propaganda. You said that you would slap your son if you found out he wants to change his gender.

You bring all of this on yourself, and you act like you're being bullied when people tell you exactly what you are. Own it.

And frankly, again, your comments about LGBTers could be taken as hate speech, especially if we had posters on here who were gay/lesbian/transgender ( I don't know if we do, its not my business either) who would be offended.

I could not fathom the amount of restraint it would take for me not to get into legal trouble over some self righteous prick calling one of my family members genetically defective within my presence.

13th Man
General Manager

Post#1031 » by 13th Man » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:58 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:So you "accept" transgender people, but if your son comes out to you saying he wants to transition to become a transgender woman, you will beat him physically.

I feel like I'm speaking to a child who will not let one little thing drop (regarding the physical abuse).

I accept their freedom of choice. I do not agree with it but It's not up to me to dictate how they live their lives. If they aren't of adult age then it's up to their parents, it's not on me. I can try to speak out against society to put an end to the BS agenda but that's all that I can really do. That is essentially what I am doing here by voicing my opinion.

if my son who's not yet of legal age came to me and wanted to become trans, then yes it is on me to steer him in the right direction.
13th Man
General Manager

Post#1032 » by 13th Man » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:01 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:You are being called a bigot, racist, and child abuser because your comments have led to these assertions. You posted a blatantly racist anti black video. You have called gay people genetically defective, which has no basis in science and is straight up nazi propaganda. You said that you would slap your son if you found out he wants to change his gender.

You bring all of this on yourself, and you act like you're being bullied when people tell you exactly what you are. Own it.

Sorry but not true. You have been blatantly getting away with baseless attacks on my character because of your extreme racial biases. *yes continue to play on that one new angle that you have of me being a child abuser.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1033 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:03 pm

13th Man wrote:if my son who's not yet of legal age came to me and wanted to become trans, then yes it is on me to steer him in the right direction.

So beating his ass is how you'd steer him in the "right direction"? Yet you can't comprehend why transgender people succumb to depression and suicide? Do you know how many deranged fathers like you have this thought process?

You are sick.

Prokorov
RealGM

Post#1034 » by Prokorov » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:03 pm

13th Man wrote:Then go ahead and push your agenda. Just don't blame other people when thing don't turn out well. Imo, the 45% suicide rate has little to do with the abuse, it has everything to do with how confused they are and how they can't even accept themselves. Take responsibility for the mess that YOU created, I'm sorry but it's not on me.

again, no one blamed you. if you have a guilty conscious that is something you need to reconcile with yourself. if not, then whats the issue?

Also this isnt my "Agenda" nor am I pushing anything. I believe in equal rights for all Americans regardless of what choices they make. I also dont view those choices as a "Mess" nor was it something that I or any group you assume i resonate with has created. Transgendered have been around for decades.

And it is long studied and generally accepted that depression and not mental illness is the most common cause of suicides, particularly in teens and particularly among those verbally and physically abused. even more so for those abused by family or spouses.

IF you want to get into a socio-psychological discussion on whether depression or mental illness is at play, I would be happy have the discussion.

I'm a practilal person. When my workplace forces me to do something that I don't particularly like but can either

1) Take the 1 hr to complete the course

or

2) Play the martyr and stand up to my beliefs by making a huge deal out of it and drawing all kinds of unneeded attention.

It's a no brainer. Suck it up and play the game. I ended up broadening my awareness so it's all good.

I personally dont find it practical to do something when it goes against my morals and beliefs. if you do then that is perfectly fine. but that is all moot. the point is you said you did not have a choice, i pointed out multiple choices available to you.

if convience and being non confrontational take priority over your morals, then thats your CHOICE.

I never accused you per say, just people here in general that have ganged up on me 10:1. I don't mind if it was just rational discussion but they've just become hate filled name-calling posts.

you are not being "Ganged up" on. it just so happens that many of your ignorant statements are not ones that are shared by many here. if you post several homophobic statements its not likely you are going to get alot of people to rally behind you. this isnt the 1920s anymore

Again, I challenge the notion that the high suicide rate is due to being victimized, in my opinion it is more due to being highly confused and lead down the wrong path by irresponsible adults. Why would you push such a dangerous agenda in the first place?
Let me push a new agenda promoting MS-13, I wonder how that will turn out?

Again, im not pushing any agenda. and if you would like to challenge the notion that mental illness and not depression/being the victim of verbal and physical abuse is the main motivation behind these suicides id love to see your supporting data. your biased opinion i dont find very compelling.

The left and continuously portraying themselves as victims blaming others for their woes. People are getting sick of their crap.

It is really hard to relate to what you are saying when you constantly genralizing things. you say "the left is blaming you". well who on the left? a branch of government? a state rep? is there an article or video or something that targeted you as to blame for LGBT suicides?

"people are getting sick of their crap"

who are these "people" and what is "their crap"?

beaten and verbally abused people playing victim isnt a scheme, its a cry for help.

Once again, I never condoned any type of abuse. In fact, I am trying to save future kids from potentially committing suicide.

you literally just said you dont have sympathy for transgendered, just gays. you cant say you dont have sympathy for transgendered who are abused and then say you dont condone abuse. it doesnt work that way.

I have not experienced this but how do you feel about trans participating in sports? Such as a trans girl who was whooping everybody in wrestling because she was born a male with male genes and hormones?

i dont really care whether that person would play on the mens or womens team. whichever they are more comfotable with.

Other than cases like those, I never said that I do not accept them. If they don't negatively impact other people's lives and they're happy, then all is good. Unfortunately, this is not the case. I don't like the fact that so many of them are committing suicide, but it's not on me. It's on the people that have forced this agenda into the mainstream.

no, its on those that are abusing these transgendered people instead of accepting their right to make the choices they made.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1035 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:05 pm

13th Man wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:You are being called a bigot, racist, and child abuser because your comments have led to these assertions. You posted a blatantly racist anti black video. You have called gay people genetically defective, which has no basis in science and is straight up nazi propaganda. You said that you would slap your son if you found out he wants to change his gender.

Sorry but not true. You have been blatantly getting away with baseless attacks on my character because of your extreme racial biases. *yes continue to play on that one new angle that you have of me being a child abuser.

You spew hate speech on this forum. **** your character, because you have little of it to begin with.

Prokorov
RealGM

Post#1036 » by Prokorov » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:05 pm

13th Man wrote:
Prokorov wrote:People pointing out the ignorance in alot of your remarks is not bullying. no one has an issue with you responding to that. But it is difficult to really put much value in those responses when your initial remarks are so definitive and violent "if my son told me he was a girl id slap him silly" and then "oh no i didnt mean it thats just a thing i say"

I forget that you guys take everything so literally and will harp on any less than politically correct term, expression or figure of speech.

Forgive me as ive never heard that figure or speak. typically when someone is so strongly against something, and says they will act with violence then tend to be serious.

you could have made it alot more obvious. i you dont want to be taken literally, then be less ambiguous.

and it has nothing to do with being "politically correct". if you dont intend to slap the **** out of your son then dont say you would slap the **** out of your son.

what should we assume is and is not something you mean literally?
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#1037 » by Prokorov » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:08 pm

13th Man wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
13th Man wrote:

i discuss politcs and current events at work every day. and i have opposing view points all the time.... it helps that im not ignoramt, respect opposing view points, dont generalize someone as "lefty or righty" when they disagree and am not a racist, homophobe, creep, or disgusting person.

i dont really fear speaking in public about what i believe in since none of it is ignorant.
13th Man
General Manager

Post#1038 » by 13th Man » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:09 pm

Prokorov wrote:
13th Man wrote:

Forgive me as ive never heard that figure or speak. typically when someone is so strongly against something, and says they will act with violence then tend to be serious.

you could have made it alot more obvious. i you dont want to be taken literally, then be less ambiguous.

and it has nothing to do with being "politically correct". if you dont intend to slap the **** out of your son then dont say you would slap the **** out of your son.

what should we assume is and is not something you mean literally?

I say stuff like that all the time, I suppose I could have said "knock some sense into him", but then you guys would say that's physically abusive as well. Even after I cleared that up, some people like to harp on it to no end, so childish.

Ok, lesson learned if I ever have to use that expression again I will say, "I will sit him down to have stern talking to".
13th Man
General Manager

Post#1039 » by 13th Man » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:10 pm

Prokorov wrote:
i discuss politcs and current events at work every day. and i have opposing view points all the time.... it helps that im not ignoramt, respect opposing view points, dont generalize someone as "lefty or righty" when they disagree and am not a racist, homophobe, creep, or disgusting person.

i dont really fear speaking in public about what i believe in since none of it is ignorant.

That's your prerogative and that's fine. I choose not to for my own reasons.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#1040 » by Prokorov » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:10 pm

13th Man wrote:

I feel like I'm speaking to a child who will not let one little thing drop (regarding the physical abuse).
[/quote]

Thats how freedom of speech works. you are free to say whatever you like.... but you are not free from the reprecautions of what you say.

you dont get to just pretend you didnt say something. dont get mad at him because you said you would slap the **** out of your son if he identified as a girl. your words from your keyboard.

Return to Brooklyn Nets