ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Current Affairs & Politics thread

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Curns13
Pro Prospect
And1: 267

Re: Official Current Affairs & Politics thread 

Post#1201 » by Curns13 » Fri May 25, 2018 9:59 pm

As an Aussie from the city, your gun problem is almost impossible to comprehend. I have never held a gun in my life. Not one of my friends or family has a gun. In Australia there are only 2 types of people who have guns: farmers and criminals.

This series pretty much explains why Australia has very little gun violence and almost zero youth gun violence.

http://www.comedycentral.com.au/the-daily-show-with-jon-stewart/videos/john-oliver-on-gun-control-in-the-us-vs-australia

The big problem for the US is that there are so many guns that a buy back would cripple the economy, but something has to be done. The entire world would be laughing at you guys if it wasn’t such a tragic issue. Instead we just shake our head in disbelief and say, “Only in America.”
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,547

Post#1202 » by MrDollarBills » Sat May 26, 2018 12:40 am

Curns13 wrote:As an Aussie from the city, your gun problem is almost impossible to comprehend. I have never held a gun in my life. Not one of my friends or family has a gun. In Australia there are only 2 types of people who have guns: farmers and criminals.

This series pretty much explains why Australia has very little gun violence and almost zero youth gun violence.

http://www.comedycentral.com.au/the-daily-show-with-jon-stewart/videos/john-oliver-on-gun-control-in-the-us-vs-australia

The big problem for the US is that there are so many guns that a buy back would cripple the economy, but something has to be done. The entire world would be laughing at you guys if it wasn’t such a tragic issue. Instead we just shake our head in disbelief and say, “Only in America.”

We're a **** hole country where our leaders have no problem with children being murdered.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1203 » by MrDollarBills » Sat May 26, 2018 12:42 am

Rich Rane wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:what really has me irked is the story about ICE in Arizona losing track of over 1500 migrant children who were forcefully separated by their parents

This article is from nearly a year ago and went under my radar. Prepare to vomit...

Immigration and Customs Enforcement recently asked the National Archives and Record Administration (NARA), which instructs federal agencies on how to maintain records, to approve its timetable for retaining or destroying records related to its detention operations. This may seem like a run-of-the-mill government request for record-keeping efficiency. It isn’t. An entire paper trail for a system rife with human rights and constitutional abuses is at stake.

ICE has asked for permission to begin routinely destroying 11 kinds of records, including those related to sexual assaults, solitary confinement and even deaths of people in its custody. Other records subject to destruction include alternatives to detention programs, regular detention monitoring reports, logs about the people detained in ICE facilities, and communications from the public reporting detention abuses. ICE proposed various timelines for the destruction of these records ranging from 20 years for sexual assault and death records to three years for reports about solitary confinement.

https://www.aclu.org/blog/immigrants-rights/ice-and-border-patrol-abuses/ice-plans-start-destroying-records-immigrant

I don't want to read anymore.

time to drink. i can't.

i hope the next congress defunds ICE.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1204 » by MrDollarBills » Sat May 26, 2018 3:38 am

Read on Twitter

Don Jr. might want to read up on some of the penalties that come with committing capital offenses that fall under Title 18 of the US Code and then weigh his options. There aren't many.

This country is lucky that we have allies who share intelligence with us. Otherwise we'd end up like Venezuela or....Russia.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1205 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Jun 4, 2018 7:15 pm

BUT WHY ARE THOSE ATHLETES KNEELING DON'T BRING YER PROTESTS TO MUH SPORTS JUST STICK TO BASKETBALL BLACK MAN AND BE SILENT YOU ARE DISTURBING MUH PRIVILEGE OF BEING 10 SHADES LIGHT ENOUGH TO NEVER BE TREATED LIKE THIS

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1206 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Jun 7, 2018 6:53 pm

Read on Twitter

This country is a **** hole.

ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#1207 » by ChokeFasncists » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:48 pm

Hope no one got shot
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,752

Post#1208 » by Rich Rane » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:23 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1209 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:15 pm

The United States of America is becoming a Rogue state actor. The damage being done to those children is irreparable, lets start with the life sentence of PTSD, and god knows what kind of abuse is being inflicted on them because clearly ICE/Border Agents are full of sick, inhumane people (google the audio of the border patrol agent laughing while a 4 year old screamed in horror while being taken away from their parents).

the 2018 and 2020 elections are a matter of life and death. Again, anyone who is playing this "both sides are bad" or are playing some kind of centrist nonsense can go seriously go **** themselves. This isn't about left/right/conservative/liberal, if you believe in common human decency and sane government leadership at home and abroad you'll get your asses out this November and vote in every democrat that you can on the ballot.

the GOP must either believe that the 2018 ballot will be rigged or they've already given up, because to stand in silence while this is being done is going to get them destroyed in November. You know its bad when even Bill O'Reilly **** ing condemns this.

Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#1210 » by Rich Rane » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:50 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Ror1997
Analyst
And1: 911

Post#1211 » by Ror1997 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:40 am

Rich Rane wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Womp womp? Disgusting.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1212 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:46 am

Don't even buy into it. re: Lewandowski.

They (Trumpers) purposely do this. They have the same mentality as 4chan/reddit trolls. say outrageous things. get a response from people who aren't sociopaths like they are. why? because it causes chaos. its a playbook that was written years before most of Trump's sycophants were even born. there's a reason why the word "Nazi" gets brought up a lot lately.

frankly, the extremist, nasty part of my psyche says that a few of these Trump cocksuckers, especially one with the last name Miller, needs a bullet put into their **** ing skulls. People who dictate policy to directly harm children should meet the same penalty as the people who would commit treason.

However, the sensible side of me says: let these people continue to push the envelope in the public forum. all they are doing is pushing people away from them. Let them troll. because November isn't that far away.

let them troll. Paul Manafort woke up in jail this morning. he won't be the only one ending up like that.

shakendfries
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,063

Post#1213 » by shakendfries » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:05 am

Olbermann predicted the Trump Concentration Camps a year ago
ImageImage

"Kevin Durant is not coming to the Nets. If I'm wrong, I will change my avatar to anything you request no matter how humiliating it is." - MrDollarBills, 10/22/18
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1214 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:16 am

shakendfries wrote:

Olbermann predicted the Trump Concentration Camps a year ago

The thing about THE mainstream media is that it's two faced. they are the ultimate culprits of "bothsiderism" when in reality there is morally right and morally wrong positions to take on everything. letting families apply for asylum legally and vetting them. Good. pretty pragmatic tbh.

separating families seeking asylum upon arrival to the extent where some children will NEVER see their parents again. BAD. like **** ing EVIL.

The idea that the media is "liberal" is a lie. they routinely give agency to far right wing extremists. the journalists hesitate to call out lies from Trump. They did the same with Bush, hell they did the same with Obama. The media is all about access. those that call out lies get treated like pariahs.

Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#1215 » by Rich Rane » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:06 pm

President Douchebag signed an executive order to end the separation of migrant families. I’m sure Republican voters now will call him a hero.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1216 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:04 am

Rich Rane wrote:President Douchebag signed an executive order to end the separation of migrant families. I’m sure Republican voters now will call him a hero.

he signed an executive order to end his own policy.

also in the process, now migrant families seeking asylum will be detained in concentration camps indefinitely. Want to guess how this will play out over the next few months? deaths. abuse. sexual assault.

This is how you know that the Nazis who are aiding and abetting this crap, who are "just following orders" aren't students of history because the dudes who ended up facing the tribunals in Nuremberg after WWII got nooses put around their necks for pulling this same exact ****.

Wait til the real stories about this comes out. kidnapped children in the hands of men that have no qualms about tearing infants and toddlers away from their parents are flat out abusers. they tell the parents that they are going to take their children for baths. what do you think is happening to these children? why do we only see images of the boys and rarely the girls?

It wouldn't shocked me if years from now, certain members of this administration who implemented this policy end up pleading for mercy in the Hague.

Roy Tarpley
Veteran
And1: 987

Post#1217 » by Roy Tarpley » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:58 am

Read on Twitter

McHale, c'mon dude.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1218 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:59 pm

Roy Tarpley wrote:
Read on Twitter

McHale, c'mon dude.

His wife's twitter feed is a dumpster fire. I can't say that I'm shocked but at this point if you support Trump I have to assume the worst about Kevin McHale as a human being. TNT and NBA TV better think twice about having him on next season.

Roy Tarpley
Veteran
And1: 987

Post#1219 » by Roy Tarpley » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:32 pm

I'd be very surprised if he could ever get another NBA coaching gig.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1220 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:29 am

Read on Twitter

how the **** can anyone support this? seriously. how can you support this? this is child abuse and torture. it's to the point where the people responsible for this need to meet the same fate as the people who stood trial in Nuremberg. dead ass. string them up.

Return to Brooklyn Nets