Post#121 » by Paradise » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:24 pm

Spencer is officially guaranteed.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Kaiser30
Senior
And1: 172

Re: S-Dot 2.0 - The Spencer Dinwiddie Thread 

Post#122 » by Kaiser30 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:35 pm

Paradise wrote:Spencer is officially guaranteed.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

Sure he is?

According to Basketball Insiders, he can secure 50k when participating in Summer League. Then 250k if not waived by October 31. And then the remaining salary on January 10 when all contracts become guaranteed for the rest of the season.
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,177

Re: The Spencer Dinwiddie Thread 

Post#123 » by Keith Van Horn » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:21 pm

I really like Dinwiddie. He's perfect for this team. He's the younger version of Shaun Livingston - super tall, lanky, above average defender, smart with the ball, decent shot/selection. He's not crazy flashy but that's what I love. Putting Whitehead or Kilpatrick next to him off the bench will be the way to go this season.

I think he balled out in summer league and really solidified his role as the backup PG to Lin. I'll be confident with the ball in his hands when Lin/DLo are on the bench.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,844

Post#124 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:25 pm

Dinwiddie/Whitehead are a nice guard combo off of the bench. Dual ball handlers, both can knock down the long ball, both can get to the basket. Very excited for this team.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#125 » by ChokeFasncists » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:10 am

DET
14-15 30%FG 19%3pt
15-16 35%FG 10%3pt

BRK
16-17 44%FG 38%3pt :eek2:

Nice one Markinson.

His game reminds me of Stack, lanky, big crossovers, big steps, ability to draw fouls, quick moves, pull-ups, finger rolls, similar height. Stack was better of course and more of a scorer. DVD is more efficient and more of a facilitator. Stack averaged around 5 assists for several years tho.

With DMC here, seemingly healthy and probably starting at the 3, we're most likely gonna have DVD/iHead/LVJ as perimeter off the bench, all versatile and interchangeable, opposing teams are gonna be shocked. Plus Booker and one of Moz/Jar/Acy it's gonna be a pretty good bench, with big potential.

He'll probably get more respect from the refs and be able to draw more fouls shooting threes, that'd be big.

Even tho Yogi had some big games after going to Dallas, this is definitely right on by the Marksman.
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,844

Post#126 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:09 pm

stack was a lot more stronger and athletic. He had that one season in Detroit where he was destroying people.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
ChokeFasncists
RealGM

Post#127 » by ChokeFasncists » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:07 am

MrDollarBills wrote:stack was a lot more stronger and athletic. He had that one season in Detroit where he was destroying people.

That's true. But hey, DVD could surely get stronger as time goes on. He'd never be as athletic that's fo sho.
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#128 » by NyCeEvO » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:14 pm

ChokeFasncists wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:stack was a lot more stronger and athletic. He had that one season in Detroit where he was destroying people.

That's true. But hey, DVD could surely get stronger as time goes on. He'd never be as athletic that's fo sho.

No MDB is right. It's kinda disrespectful to put Dinwiddie in the same sentence as Stackhouse. Stack was a legit #2 option on a playoff contender and back when you had 5 (non-fluid) positions on the court, he would be most teams #1 go-to scorer. Dinwiddie needs to become a starter before we can even begin to start a conversation on this.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM

Post#129 » by ChokeFasncists » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:13 am

NyCeEvO wrote:
ChokeFasncists wrote:

No MDB is right. It's kinda disrespectful to put Dinwiddie in the same sentence as Stackhouse. Stack was a legit #2 option on a playoff contender and back when you had 5 (non-fluid) positions on the court, he would be most teams #1 go-to scorer. Dinwiddie needs to become a starter before we can even begin to start a conversation on this.

Hey, by no means am I saying he will be as good as him. I just said "his game reminded me of Stack", like there are certain similarities.
Thanks for the honesty.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#130 » by Paradise » Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:26 am

#DinwiddieSZN

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
steady
Veteran
And1: 1,351

Re: #8 - The Spencer Dinwiddie Thread 

Post#131 » by steady » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:01 am

^ Great workout video of Spencer

I just came across this nice breakdown of his Bulls game at end of season ... hope Nets keep him

ChokeFasncists
RealGM

Post#132 » by ChokeFasncists » Tue Aug 1, 2017 1:10 am

steady wrote:^ Great workout video of Spencer

I just came across this nice breakdown of his Bulls game at end of season ... hope Nets keep him

Nice one. Well spoken.

BTW, it seems like after almost a season with AtkLinson, he is not so boneheaded anymore. Perhaps drop that nickname that doesn't apply and is probably too negative for one of our own?
Thanks for the honesty.
Paradise

Post#133 » by Paradise » Sun Aug 6, 2017 2:23 pm

Spencer's best games as a Net:

17 Pts, 3 Rebs vs MEM

19 Pts, 3 Rebs, 4 Asts vs CHI

18 Pts, 2 Rebs, 7 Asts vs DAL

19 Pts, 5 Rebs, 8 Asts, 2 Stls vs MIL

shakendfries
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,063

Post#134 » by shakendfries » Sun Aug 6, 2017 2:56 pm

Spence is nearly to ready to lead the team

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
ImageImage

"Kevin Durant is not coming to the Nets. If I'm wrong, I will change my avatar to anything you request no matter how humiliating it is." - MrDollarBills, 10/22/18
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,241

Post#135 » by Papi_swav » Sun Aug 6, 2017 3:21 pm

Am I the only one that thinks the way Dinwiddie draws fouls looks like Derozan out there?
He could probably play some 3 too.
Ror1997
Analyst
And1: 911

Post#136 » by Ror1997 » Sun Aug 6, 2017 4:32 pm

I hope Dinwiddie can break out this year. It'd be great to have a lanky 2 way guard to pair with DLo long term.
Paradise

#8 - The Spencer Dinwiddie Thread  

Post#137 » by Paradise » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:06 pm

Spencer Dinwiddie talks “stick to sports,” cooking, DLo and JLin plus “culture”

ChokeFasncists
RealGM

Post#138 » by ChokeFasncists » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:43 am

Paradise wrote: Spencer Dinwiddie talks “stick to sports,” cooking, DLo and JLin plus “culture”

He's so well-spoken; his combo of confidence and objectivity is pretty interesting.

I am more of a fan of his now, lasagna is one of my favorite food and basically only one that I really like making from scratch, yum!

Thanks for the honesty.
steady
Veteran
And1: 1,351

Re: The Mayor - Spencer Dinwiddie Thread 

Post#139 » by steady » Thu Oct 5, 2017 4:15 am

So , Carlisle played a lineup with three (short) PGs and Dirk amd Nerlens Noel in the Mavs destruction of Bulls

I am really looking forward to seeing combinations of DLo / LeVert / Dinwiddie / Lin on the floor.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM

Re: The Mayor - Spencer Dinwiddie Thread 

Post#140 » by ChokeFasncists » Thu Oct 5, 2017 7:41 am

steady wrote:So , Carlisle played a lineup with three (short) PGs and Dirk amd Nerlens Noel in the Mavs destruction of Bulls

I am really looking forward to seeing combinations of DLo / LeVert / Dinwiddie / Lin on the floor.

Which three? They do have plenty of short players there.

Well, it's the Bulls, not too hard to destroy!

You forgot about iHead, he can guard the smaller centers.
Thanks for the honesty.

Return to Brooklyn Nets