And1: 11,875

Re: The Mayor - Spencer Dinwiddie Thread  

Post#182 » by Paradise » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:17 pm

MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,538

Post#183 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:00 pm

Mosdefinition wrote:Evan Roberts said he's better than dlo I can't with that guy anymore

Better at the PG position? Yes. Russell is a shooting guard and should be used as such.

Better overall? Nope. Evan Roberts is a tool just like most of the on air talent at WFAN.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM

Post#184 » by Paradise » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:31 am

23 Pts, 4 Rebs, 6 Asts.

Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM

Post#185 » by Paradise » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:23 pm

Read on Twitter

#MIPAward
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#186 » by MGrand15 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:53 pm

That top 8 outside of CP is not encouraging :lol:
MGrand15
Lead Assistant

Post#187 » by MGrand15 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:25 pm

For those keeping track, even while playing against starters - his on/off numbers are still REALLY good. When he's on the floor, we're scoring at the rate of a top 5 offensive team.

Only cause for concern with him is his scoring inside the arc. He's been awful at the rim and from mid-range. He doesn't take many midrange shots so I'm not too worried about that. I feel like he should be a lot better at the rim. It's weird cause I don't really see him looking like a bad finisher in games. He's big, fast, pretty athletic, skilled, and doesn't force shots. Only homer explanation I can think of is that a lot of our younger guys aren't really getting calls.
Ror1997
Analyst
And1: 911

Post#188 » by Ror1997 » Fri Dec 1, 2017 1:51 am

DLo's strength is scoring and his weakness is turning the ball over. DLo and Dinwiddie make a great offensive pairing, and I can't wait to see how the team plays when DLo is healthy. In the meantime Dinwidde just needs to keep creating for others and maintain confidence in his 3 pt shot.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#189 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Dec 1, 2017 2:16 am

MGrand15 wrote:For those keeping track, even while playing against starters - his on/off numbers are still REALLY good. When he's on the floor, we're scoring at the rate of a top 5 offensive team.

Only cause for concern with him is his scoring inside the arc. He's been awful at the rim and from mid-range. He doesn't take many midrange shots so I'm not too worried about that. I feel like he should be a lot better at the rim. It's weird cause I don't really see him looking like a bad finisher in games. He's big, fast, pretty athletic, skilled, and doesn't force shots. Only homer explanation I can think of is that a lot of our younger guys aren't really getting calls.

really? i don't recall him blowing a lot of lay ups though.

I'd prefer he shoot threes though, he's knocking those shots down at 38%. fire away

kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Post#190 » by kamaze » Fri Dec 1, 2017 5:25 am

Most improved player right there.
I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#191 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Dec 1, 2017 5:33 am

I don't want to be a downer, but the last time someone won MIP on a sub .500 team was Kevin Love who averaged 20pts and 15rebs on a Wolves team that was 17-65

The Nets will have to hit 41 wins or better for anyone on this squad to even remotely garner any awards.

kamaze
General Manager

Post#192 » by kamaze » Fri Dec 1, 2017 7:08 am

Yeah you're a downer bruh just give him his props damn.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#193 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Dec 1, 2017 11:28 am

kamaze wrote:Yeah you're a downer bruh just give him his props damn.

I've given him tons of props, but I'm just being honest.

Caris LeVert was one of the best rookies in his draft class last season. Why didn't he get all rookie team honors? It's stuff like that that makes me think Spencer won't get the recognition he is earning.

MGrand15
Lead Assistant

Post#194 » by MGrand15 » Fri Dec 1, 2017 2:03 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
MGrand15 wrote:For those keeping track, even while playing against starters - his on/off numbers are still REALLY good. When he's on the floor, we're scoring at the rate of a top 5 offensive team.

I'd prefer he shoot threes though, he's knocking those shots down at 38%. fire away

Maybe awful is too strong of a word but definitely below average. Earlier in the year he was shooting better from 3 than 2. Now his 2P% is a hair better. He's not really getting to the line enough to compensate either.

But he's been awesome. As long as he's knocking down 3s and running the offense, it's all good. He went from 3rd PG to basically first option on the team. Taking a hit in efficiency isn't a surprise.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#195 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Dec 1, 2017 7:28 pm

MGrand15 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Maybe awful is too strong of a word but definitely below average. Earlier in the year he was shooting better from 3 than 2. Now his 2P% is a hair better. He's not really getting to the line enough to compensate either.

But he's been awesome. As long as he's knocking down 3s and running the offense, it's all good. He went from 3rd PG to basically first option on the team. Taking a hit in efficiency isn't a surprise.

agreed 100%

Claud
Sixth Man
And1: 872

Post#196 » by Claud » Fri Dec 1, 2017 9:34 pm

Dinwiddie alongside Russell in the backcourt is the future.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#197 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Dec 2, 2017 2:56 am

Claud wrote:Dinwiddie alongside Russell in the backcourt is the future.

Decisions will have to be made and players will need to be held to account. Caris LeVert is starting to pick it up, he is getting to the rim at will and is a hound defensively. Crabbe is being paid a lot of money and although I like what I see, Joe Harris is matching him every step of the way.

I have Dinwiddie/Russell/RHJ penciled in as legit starters, with Allen eventually taking over at the 5. Something is going to have to give regarding that SF spot.

Curns13
Pro Prospect
And1: 267

Post#198 » by Curns13 » Sat Dec 2, 2017 4:49 am

MrDollarBills wrote:

Decisions will have to be made and players will need to be held to account. Caris LeVert is starting to pick it up, he is getting to the rim at will and is a hound defensively. Crabbe is being paid a lot of money and although I like what I see, Joe Harris is matching him every step of the way.

I have Dinwiddie/Russell/RHJ penciled in as legit starters, with Allen eventually taking over at the 5. Something is going to have to give regarding that SF spot.

Dinwiddie, Dlo, Levert, RHJ and Allen are the core. We don’t yet know if they’ll all start or what position they’ll play, but they will all hopefully be here a long time.
kamaze
General Manager

Post#199 » by kamaze » Sat Dec 2, 2017 2:18 pm

Question when DO comes back would you rather keep AC as the starting sag with DLo causing wreck off the bench with Joe or switch up the starting back court?

Keep in mind AC is the future and Din Din as well.

Claud
Sixth Man
And1: 872

Post#200 » by Claud » Sat Dec 2, 2017 4:31 pm

kamaze wrote:

Question when DO comes back would you rather keep AC as the starting sag with DLo causing wreck off the bench with Joe or switch up the starting back court?

Keep in mind AC is the future and Din Din as well.

This is a good problem to have IMO.

Not sure how the starting line-up will look but If I had to guess Russell(Star), RHJ(Defense) and Crabbe(shooter/scorer) will be starters. Between Dinwiddie and Levert you have even more ball handling/playmaking so one of those should start alongside DLO that way defense can't just focus on Dlo alone anymore.(Similar to what Lin did earlier in the season.)

One of Levert/Dinwiddie should come off the bench as 6th man and anchor that unit... similar to Ginobili with the Spurs.

Our backcourt is currently loaded with talent. In a guard oriented league this is a good problem to have.

Return to Brooklyn Nets