Post#101 » by brook » Thu Apr 6, 2017 11:05 am

Dinwiddie seems like Shaun Livingston with a 3 point shot. :rock:
playteamball
Senior
And1: 73

Re: S-Dot 2.0 - The Spencer Dinwiddie Thread 

Post#102 » by playteamball » Thu Apr 6, 2017 7:11 pm

Elmhurst NY wrote:
jbeachboy wrote:anyone know what dinwiddies contract is and how long?

He's signed through 2019. 1.5 next year and 1.6 year after.
I'm a fan of Mr. Dinwiddie and hope he starts for the Nets sooner than later.

I'd be fine with him starting over Foye but not over Lin.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,561

Post#103 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Apr 6, 2017 8:12 pm

Dinwiddie just needs to play confident more on offense and he'll be fine. He's very active defensively.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

S-Dot 2.0 - The Spencer Dinwiddie Thread  

Post#104 » by Paradise » Sun Apr 9, 2017 3:14 am

19/3/4/2 in 26 minutes. Widdie > Yogi.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Curns13
Pro Prospect
And1: 267

Post#105 » by Curns13 » Sun Apr 9, 2017 5:21 am

Paradise wrote:19/3/4/2 in 26 minutes. Widdie > Yogi.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Where's Net Sentence at? The change in this kid is unbelievable.
lin is ok
Bench Warmer
And1: 160

Post#106 » by lin is ok » Sun Apr 9, 2017 2:22 pm

The nets found some shiny gems in the wild stream waters of the d-Leauge
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#107 » by Paradise » Sun Apr 9, 2017 5:08 pm

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#108 » by Prokorov » Sun Apr 9, 2017 5:10 pm

the yogi farrell crowd is awfully quiet
Roy Tarpley
Veteran
And1: 987

Post#109 » by Roy Tarpley » Sun Apr 9, 2017 5:35 pm

I would note that many people on here earlier in the season thought that Dinwiddie was trash. And when there was that debate earlier in the season about whether Whitehead was worth developing, people jumped on the critics saying that they were biased against the Nets' youth. And perhaps some were. But I suggested that Dinwiddie, based on his college stats, had more potential than Whitehead, and so it wasn't a blanket bias against youth but rather a valid criticism against Whitehead (in this case, I based it on Whitehead's college stats).

Not trying to pick a fight or start an unnecessary debate -- my point is that most people shaattted on Dinwiddie all year (unnecessarily so in my opinion). He's shooting 45% FG, 39% 3PT, 79% FT -- those are great percentages for a backup PG. I would credit the recognition of Dinwiddie as the stronger backup PG and Whitehead as more of a combo guard, for some of the success in the last two months.
Elmhurst NY
Junior
And1: 92

Post#110 » by Elmhurst NY » Sun Apr 9, 2017 8:43 pm

If Diwiddie can maintain his recent level of play, he should start at PG and let Lin slide over to SG or better yet 6th man where he is imo the most effective.

Roy Tarpley
Veteran

Post#111 » by Roy Tarpley » Sun Apr 9, 2017 8:50 pm

Elmhurst NY wrote:If Diwiddie can maintain his recent level of play, he should start at PG and let Lin slide over to SG or better yet 6th man where he is imo the most effective.

Nice try.

Elmhurst NY
Junior

Post#112 » by Elmhurst NY » Sun Apr 9, 2017 8:57 pm

Roy Tarpley wrote:
Elmhurst NY wrote:If Diwiddie can maintain his recent level of play, he should start at PG and let Lin slide over to SG or better yet 6th man where he is imo the most effective.

Nice try.

I'm 100% serious. You really think there is no chance?
Roy Tarpley
Veteran

Post#113 » by Roy Tarpley » Sun Apr 9, 2017 9:47 pm

Elmhurst NY wrote:
Roy Tarpley wrote:

Nice try.

I'm 100% serious. You really think there is no chance?

There is a "chance."
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,561

Post#114 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Apr 9, 2017 11:32 pm

Roy Tarpley wrote:I would note that many people on here earlier in the season thought that Dinwiddie was trash. And when there was that debate earlier in the season about whether Whitehead was worth developing, people jumped on the critics saying that they were biased against the Nets' youth. And perhaps some were. But I suggested that Dinwiddie, based on his college stats, had more potential than Whitehead, and so it wasn't a blanket bias against youth but rather a valid criticism against Whitehead (in this case, I based it on Whitehead's college stats).

Not trying to pick a fight or start an unnecessary debate -- my point is that most people shaattted on Dinwiddie all year (unnecessarily so in my opinion). He's shooting 45% FG, 39% 3PT, 79% FT -- those are great percentages for a backup PG. I would credit the recognition of Dinwiddie as the stronger backup PG and Whitehead as more of a combo guard, for some of the success in the last two months.

To be fair, there were people on here trying to **** on Whitehead stating that the Nets should dump Whitehead's development in favor of Dinwiddie, as if the Nets couldn't focus on developing both players. Of course there's going to get pushback over such an irrational position like that.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Elmhurst NY
Junior

Post#115 » by Elmhurst NY » Sun Apr 9, 2017 11:35 pm

Roy Tarpley wrote:

There is a "chance."

Just a "chance"?

I'd say he has a decent shot at it.
TinmanZBoy
Head Coach
And1: 4,701

Post#116 » by TinmanZBoy » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:16 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
Roy Tarpley wrote:I would note that many people on here earlier in the season thought that Dinwiddie was trash. And when there was that debate earlier in the season about whether Whitehead was worth developing, people jumped on the critics saying that they were biased against the Nets' youth. And perhaps some were. But I suggested that Dinwiddie, based on his college stats, had more potential than Whitehead, and so it wasn't a blanket bias against youth but rather a valid criticism against Whitehead (in this case, I based it on Whitehead's college stats).

To be fair, there were people on here trying to **** on Whitehead stating that the Nets should dump Whitehead's development in favor of Dinwiddie, as if the Nets couldn't focus on developing both players. Of course there's going to get pushback over such an irrational position like that.

i still think Whitehead has more potential than Dinwiddie... but Dinwiddie is coming along nicely, only if he has more confidence with his game... he and Joe Harris have similarities, good kills with low confidence
Hi Clutchie, I love you... :kiss
All Nets
Sophomore
And1: 75

Post#117 » by All Nets » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:04 am

Interesting breakdown with Spencer Dinwiddie and our latest victory. I'd recommend everyone check it out, Spencer does a great job of breaking down what he sees in combination of our plays.
Ror1997
Analyst
And1: 911

Post#118 » by Ror1997 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:51 pm

A month ago I would've agreed with you. I wanted to see Dinwiddie/Lin at the 1/2. But if youre talking about that starting lineup for next year, I have to disagree. Dinwiddie can only push Lin over to SG, he cant push him to 6th man (yet). Next year, we (hopefully) won't be able to push Lin to SG. Hopefully, we have a new starting SG/SF next season, which means their would be no room to start Lin and Dinwiddie without putting LeVert on the bench.

Now, if the nets signed Hill instead of a RFA Wing, then I could see Dinwiddie/Hill starting with Lin off the bench. I love lin in that 6th man role. He's capable of starting, but I really think he excels in that role.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#119 » by Prokorov » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:00 pm

Ror1997 wrote:

A month ago I would've agreed with you. I wanted to see Dinwiddie/Lin at the 1/2. But if youre talking about that starting lineup for next year, I have to disagree. Dinwiddie can only push Lin over to SG, he cant push him to 6th man (yet). Next year, we (hopefully) won't be able to push Lin to SG. Hopefully, we have a new starting SG/SF next season, which means their would be no room to start Lin and Dinwiddie without putting LeVert on the bench.

Now, if the nets signed Hill instead of a RFA Wing, then I could see Dinwiddie/Hill starting with Lin off the bench. I love lin in that 6th man role. He's capable of starting, but I really think he excels in that role.

Yeah dinwiddie either takes foyes spot as starter or goes t the bench if we sign someone like hill
reelsgm
Junior
And1: 71

Post#120 » by reelsgm » Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:23 pm

Dinwiddie and Whitehead are clearly on separate tracks:
Obviously Dinwiddie is on a point guard track. Clearly Nets 2nd best point guard. Bench plays well and desperately needs Dinwiddie in that role. Loves to create for others.

Whitehead is on a 2 guard track, reinforced by the acquisition of Goodwin. IW by nature, alway's been/alway's will be an instinctual scoring guard, who looks for own shot first and has shown he's decent at it.

At best IW is a combo guard (85% SG/15% PG) and Dinw is exact reverse. Occasionally Kenny plays his multi-guard sets with Lin,Dinw,IW but those will the exception rather than rule.

If we get Hill or any other FA guard, then Dinw and IW get shunted lower down totem.
"I don't like the word REBUILD... I know Kenny and everyone at some point that word has floated around... I want it to happen NOW" - JLIN

Return to Brooklyn Nets