Post#261 » by Paradise » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:16 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,842

Re: The Mayor - Spencer Dinwiddie Thread 

Post#262 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:07 pm

IMO he's cemented himself as the starting PG of this team going forward and a legit starter. Those numbers aren't a fluke, he's legit.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Ror1997
Analyst
And1: 911

Post#263 » by Ror1997 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:50 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:IMO he's cemented himself as the starting PG of this team going forward and a legit starter. Those numbers aren't a fluke, he's legit.

I'm with you there
Karate Diop
General Manager
And1: 9,835

Post#264 » by Karate Diop » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:00 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:IMO he's cemented himself as the starting PG of this team going forward and a legit starter. Those numbers aren't a fluke, he's legit.

Starting PG? Umm... Maybe... But only when he's playing at home :banghead: :lol:

https://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/5349/splits
oldjim
Sophomore
And1: 10

Post#265 » by oldjim » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:22 pm

Karate Diop wrote:

Starting PG? Umm... Maybe... But only when he's playing at home :banghead: :lol:

Din's ball handling is very good and his defense skill is very good, he is the best suitable for kenny's motion offense.
bws94
Head Coach
And1: 1,222

Post#266 » by bws94 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:11 pm

What I'm looking for is Dinwiddie to use his drive and mid-range game more in the last 3 to 4 minutes of the game. He looks great when his long-bomb 3s hit. When they're off, he's less effective. With Russell, sure, if Russell is making his late-game shots, then great. If the defenses crowd Russell, then Din has to step up and make the big plays. He has the ability to drive and such, he just has to do it. Here, CLV is more dangerous in that regard but I'm not sure CLV will be always finishing games.
Roy Tarpley
Veteran
And1: 987

Post#267 » by Roy Tarpley » Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:14 pm

I wouldn't say cement. A 39.7% FG% is not pretty, and a PG should ideally shoot better than 74.7% FT%. This being said, his Ast/To ratio is great, his defense has been decent, and everything he's done this year at age 24 is fantastic. Barring any trades or FA pickups, Dinwiddie is the presumptive favorite as the starting PG going forward. Dlo is definitely cemented as the starting SG.
Claud
Sixth Man
And1: 872

Post#268 » by Claud » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:41 pm

Definitely needs to eliminate that part of his game. Holding the ball for 10-12 seconds to just take a contested 3 is bad offense. He is skilled enough to drive to the rim to score or make a play for someone else almost every time. He isn't Curry or Harden.

Dinwiddie is one of our most improved players this season and looks legit. I have no worries he will clean up that part of his game as he gets accustomed to his starting PG role.
Born_Ready
Veteran
And1: 476

Post#269 » by Born_Ready » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:29 pm

Mr. Dinwiddie has done everything the right way and has earned his spot- solidifying his role on this team. He has found himself as a solid starter and is still progressing letting the game come to him.

Marks and company did their homework and their body of work is the conclusion, Spencer Dinwinddie.

Yogi Ferrell was/is limited with abilities when comparing or measuring them to Spencer Dinwinddie. Not by default the Vikings got it right. In my opinion he is above average and only his high potential for growth. Dinwinddie started from the bottom, even playing on NBA rosters prior to landing in the G league to now. He's a gem and a steal to say the least. He landed in the perfect place to truly succeed.
OKC Thunder fan, too.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,842

Post#270 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:55 pm

Roy Tarpley wrote:

I wouldn't say cement. A 39.7% FG% is not pretty, and a PG should ideally shoot better than 74.7% FT%. This being said, his Ast/To ratio is great, his defense has been decent, and everything he's done this year at age 24 is fantastic. Barring any trades or FA pickups, Dinwiddie is the presumptive favorite as the starting PG going forward. Dlo is definitely cemented as the starting SG.

the FG% and FT% should be better, agreed, but I care more about him moving the ball and hitting threes personally, both of which he is doing a fine job at.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Post#271 » by kamaze » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:33 am

Karate Diop wrote:

He didn't stutter.

1. Dinwiddie leads the league in assist to turnover ratio
2. Dinwiddie had his career high in points the other night
3. Dinwiddie had his high in assists (12) the other night
I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton
Netaman
Analyst
And1: 1,069

Post#272 » by Netaman » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:05 am

The league has adjusted to him as a scorer and the entire team's shooting has been ice cold, so that's definitely led to struggles. Hopefully DLo comes back soon, but in the interim, it will be interesting to see how he adjusts.
treiz
RealGM
And1: 564

Post#273 » by treiz » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:10 pm

^Agreed, it'll be interesting to see if he can take the next step when he doesn't have the element of surprise on his side anymore now that there's tape of him.
bws94
Head Coach

Post#274 » by bws94 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:47 am

That was bound to happen. Word gets around, league studies film and adjusts. Player adjusts (or doesn't). Din is smart and skilled, if a little conservative. He'll make good adjustments as the season progresses.
TinmanZBoy
Head Coach
And1: 4,720

Post#275 » by TinmanZBoy » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:21 pm

What Din did can easily stay... he was not taking risks to make things happen, it was his steady play that makes everyone around him better.... I'd like to see him driving more cause i think he has the athletic ability and size to do it in a decent rate... DO NOT settle too much on three balls... confidence is the best catalyst to elevate one's level
Hi Clutchie, I love you... :kiss
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#276 » by Paradise » Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:29 pm

FlipFlopShot
Pro Prospect
And1: 330

Post#277 » by FlipFlopShot » Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:42 pm

I understand but I'm haven't boarded this hype train. If the league values him as a starter than we have to trade him while the value is high.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#278 » by Paradise » Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:23 pm

FlipFlopShot wrote:I understand but I'm haven't boarded this hype train. If the league values him as a starter than we have to trade him while the value is high.

Why would we trade the only guy receiving all star votes on the team when he’s 23?
TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach
And1: 3,580

Post#279 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:48 pm

Paradise wrote:
FlipFlopShot wrote:I understand but I'm haven't boarded this hype train. If the league values him as a starter than we have to trade him while the value is high.

Why would we trade the only guy receiving all star votes on the team when he’s 23?

Because paying him, Russell and RHJ at their market value in 2019 will make it difficult to ever create max cap space. Also I only see us being able to afford 2 of LeVert/Russell/Dinwiddie in the long term if they are as good as we hope they are. It doesn’t really make sense to devote so much money to guys who are basically PGs and Dinwiddie is clearly the odd man out.

His value may never be higher. We can guarantee that his minutes won’t increase with Russell coming back. Plus his minimum salary deal get less valuable everyday that passes.
bws94
Head Coach

Post#280 » by bws94 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:05 pm

TheBrooklynKidd wrote:
Paradise wrote:

Because paying him, Russell and RHJ at their market value in 2019 will make it difficult to ever create max cap space. Also I only see us being able to afford 2 of LeVert/Russell/Dinwiddie in the long term if they are as good as we hope they are. It doesn’t really make sense to devote so much money to guys who are basically PGs and Dinwiddie is clearly the odd man out.

His value may never be higher. We can guarantee that his minutes won’t increase with Russell coming back. Plus his minimum salary deal get less valuable everyday that passes.

You want to see CLV stay as backup PG, or play as starting PG? Who is backup then? I'm not sure CLV will officially be a 1, he can facilitate as a 2 or 3.

In terms of depth and such, Dinwiddie is very valuable IMO even if he isn't starting PG in seasons to come. I think now Din is adjusting to the defenses that have been constructed due to the scouting reports. But I'd like to see him play a little more aggressively.

Return to Brooklyn Nets