Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach
And1: 3,584

Re: The Mayor - Spencer Dinwiddie Thread 

Post#281 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:20 pm

bws94 wrote:
TheBrooklynKidd wrote:
Paradise wrote:Why would we trade the only guy receiving all star votes on the team when he’s 23?

Because paying him, Russell and RHJ at their market value in 2019 will make it difficult to ever create max cap space. Also I only see us being able to afford 2 of LeVert/Russell/Dinwiddie in the long term if they are as good as we hope they are. It doesn’t really make sense to devote so much money to guys who are basically PGs and Dinwiddie is clearly the odd man out.

His value may never be higher. We can guarantee that his minutes won’t increase with Russell coming back. Plus his minimum salary deal get less valuable everyday that passes.

You want to see CLV stay as backup PG, or play as starting PG? Who is backup then? I'm not sure CLV will officially be a 1, he can facilitate as a 2 or 3.

In terms of depth and such, Dinwiddie is very valuable IMO even if he isn't starting PG in seasons to come. I think now Din is adjusting to the defenses that have been constructed due to the scouting reports. But I'd like to see him play a little more aggressively.

I want CLV at the 1 and Russell at the 2. They would stagger similar to what we were going to do with Lin and Russell where one was on the floor at all times. Whitehead would be the 3rd string point this year and next season Lin would be the primary back up as Russell moves to SG. My ideal plan was always to ultimately have LeVert at the 1 and Russell at the 2, and Dinwiddies emergence doesn’t change that. We need to be spending money to put guys around them, specifically I see us having to pay up to get that 2nd forward this team so desperately needs in the 2020 offseason and if we can maintain enough space, he could potentially be Max player.

I think we trade him this year and if we really want him back then we can sign him in 2019 like we would have to anyway. But not to anything over 10 mill. It would be a waste to commit so much money to the guard position when we have so many other areas of need.
bws94
Head Coach
And1: 1,222

Post#282 » by bws94 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:38 pm

TheBrooklynKidd wrote:
bws94 wrote:
TheBrooklynKidd wrote:
Because paying him, Russell and RHJ at their market value in 2019 will make it difficult to ever create max cap space. Also I only see us being able to afford 2 of LeVert/Russell/Dinwiddie in the long term if they are as good as we hope they are. It doesn’t really make sense to devote so much money to guys who are basically PGs and Dinwiddie is clearly the odd man out.

His value may never be higher. We can guarantee that his minutes won’t increase with Russell coming back. Plus his minimum salary deal get less valuable everyday that passes.

You want to see CLV stay as backup PG, or play as starting PG? Who is backup then? I'm not sure CLV will officially be a 1, he can facilitate as a 2 or 3.

In terms of depth and such, Dinwiddie is very valuable IMO even if he isn't starting PG in seasons to come. I think now Din is adjusting to the defenses that have been constructed due to the scouting reports. But I'd like to see him play a little more aggressively.

I want CLV at the 1 and Russell at the 2. They would stagger similar to what we were going to do with Lin and Russell where one was on the floor at all times. Whitehead would be the 3rd string point this year and next season Lin would be the primary back up as Russell moves to SG. My ideal plan was always to ultimately have LeVert at the 1 and Russell at the 2, and Dinwiddies emergence doesn’t change that. We need to be spending money to put guys around them, specifically I see us having to pay up to get that 2nd forward this team so desperately needs in the 2020 offseason and if we can maintain enough space, he could potentially be Max player.

I think we trade him this year and if we really want him back then we can sign him in 2019 like we would have to anyway. But not to anything over 10 mill. It would be a waste to commit so much money to the guard position when we have so many other areas of need.

That banks on the health of Lin, something that hasn't really happened yet. But yeah, you can do that. But no Dinwiddie is a big insurance loss is there is a loss to CLV, Lin, or Russell for any time in your scenario. I'm not even sure Whitehead is going to be with the team much longer, and I like Whitehead (especially defensively).
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

The Mayor - Spencer Dinwiddie Thread  

Post#283 » by Paradise » Thu Jan 4, 2018 5:27 pm

TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach
And1: 3,584

Post#284 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Thu Jan 4, 2018 5:43 pm

Paradise wrote:

Gawd Damn Spencer.
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#285 » by MGrand15 » Thu Jan 4, 2018 6:35 pm

I can't believe this dude was out of the league 13 months ago.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#286 » by Prokorov » Thu Jan 4, 2018 8:51 pm

MGrand15 wrote:I can't believe this dude was out of the league 13 months ago.

he wasnt the same guy 13 months ago... our staff did a fantastic job with him... confidence was a big part of it. he went from consistently passing down wide open threes to jacking 30 footers in crunch time

Talent rules in the NBA... but i dont think people realize how big it is to play for organization who know what they are doing
Claud
Sixth Man
And1: 872

Post#287 » by Claud » Thu Jan 4, 2018 8:55 pm

Prokorov wrote:

he wasnt the same guy 13 months ago... our staff did a fantastic job with him... confidence was a big part of it. he went from consistently passing down wide open threes to jacking 30 footers in crunch time

Talent rules in the NBA... but i dont think people realize how big it is to play for organization who know what they are doing

He is our "Danny Green" if you know what i mean. Crazy value in talent/salary ratio but will eventually and should get paid.

People wanting to trade the Mayor :crazy:

Unless a great offer is on the table keep him and hope he can take another step as a player.
Paradise

Post#288 » by Paradise » Thu Jan 4, 2018 8:57 pm

Prokorov wrote:

He was a 1st round pick candidate before tearing his ACL at Colorado. Detroit gave up on him way too soon just like Khris Middleton.

SpeedyG
RealGM
And1: 1,310

Post#289 » by SpeedyG » Thu Jan 4, 2018 9:19 pm

you know what I just remembered? Last season when we called him up, one of the things kenny talked about was his ability to drive.

With his improvement in his outside shot it seems like it went completely to the opposite end of the spectrum and he's settling for jumper too often.

He was more aggressive last night and if we can get that more from him on a consistent basis, this team would be better for it.
Bless the man if his heart and his land are one ~ FrancisM, R.I.P. 3/6/09
treiz
RealGM
And1: 564

Post#290 » by treiz » Thu Jan 4, 2018 11:49 pm

SpeedyG wrote:you know what I just remembered? Last season when we called him up, one of the things kenny talked about was his ability to drive.

With his improvement in his outside shot it seems like it went completely to the opposite end of the spectrum and he's settling for jumper too often.

He was more aggressive last night and if we can get that more from him on a consistent basis, this team would be better for it.

He's shooting the 3 at a good clip with decent volume so it's not too easy to figure out why he has so much confidence in his shot. But yeah, I think Kenny essentially told him to take advantage of the matchups that he's got and go for the high percentage shots, especially in crunch time where every possession matters. I think it's literally just about playing smarter, take 3s if you want to but make sure it's a good shot.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,855

Post#291 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Jan 5, 2018 4:36 pm

The Minnesota win was the first game in awhile where he didn't settle and he took the Wolves to the cleaners. I hope he's learned his lesson. Put the ball on the floor and get into the defense's teeth
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Roy Tarpley
Veteran
And1: 987

Re: S-Dot 2.0 - The Spencer Dinwiddie Thread 

Post#292 » by Roy Tarpley » Fri Jan 5, 2018 5:08 pm

Roy Tarpley wrote:Yeah, this guy was a solid 3PT shooter in college. Barely takes or makes them now.

Haha, a trip down memory lane from a year ago. How things change.
steady
Veteran
And1: 1,351

Post#293 » by steady » Sat Jan 6, 2018 5:48 pm

"He’s a smart guy – he takes that ownership, he listens to the coaches and everybody else,” Acy said of Dinwiddie. “I think that’s a good thing about this family we have. We can all talk to each other and tell each other what we’re seeing.

This is the kind of stuff about the team''s dynamic that I love hearing
bws94
Head Coach
And1: 1,222

Post#294 » by bws94 » Tue Jan 9, 2018 3:52 am

Dinwiddie, post game against Toronto, is just saying make or miss league. Has to go in the weight room and do better.

Dinwiddie is quite frustrated. I'm glad to see that. No, I scored 31, I'm happy. It's an L, he's pissed. Great.
Paradise

Post#295 » by Paradise » Tue Jan 9, 2018 3:53 am

ImageImage

The real Mayor of New York.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
LKIRNets
Starter
And1: 598

Post#296 » by LKIRNets » Tue Jan 9, 2018 3:53 am

No respect.
LKIRNets
Starter
And1: 598

Post#297 » by LKIRNets » Tue Jan 9, 2018 3:54 am

Read on Twitter
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,855

Post#298 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Jan 9, 2018 3:54 am

I would love for everyone to see Spencer Dinwiddie's post game comments about this game (Raptors 1/8/18). Spencer is a leader on this team, and I appreciate his efforts and his boldness to speak truth to power.

This man isn't stupid, he knows that he's being jobbed as well as his teammates.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#299 » by CalamityX12 » Tue Jan 9, 2018 3:55 am

I like him. I may come off as I don't cause I dislike him continuous trying to win games by himself when he's not at that level. He's batting an Ofer....maybe 1 or 2 actually but more misses than not
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,177

Post#300 » by Keith Van Horn » Tue Jan 9, 2018 3:57 am

Can’t wait to see him ball next to a healthy DLo. I want this dude to stick around for a long time. He’s going to eventually start getting these no calls. He’s a stud.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Return to Brooklyn Nets