ImageImageImageImageImage

The Quincy Acy Thread

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

twosevenstreet
Senior
And1: 168

Re: Nets sign Quincy Acy to 10 day contract; waive Anthony Bennett 

Post#101 » by twosevenstreet » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:13 pm

KlicKlac wrote:If Acy can sustain his good play in more minutes, then he could overtake Booker.

IDK about overtake Booker, but certainly he can play 15 mins a night
Spread Em and Dead em.
-Sad DLO is gone
-Allen will become LobCity DJ
-Kyrie will be top 3 for MVP if we get to 50+ wins, he will average 27ppg, 7apg, shooting 50-40-90
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#102 » by NyCeEvO » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:18 pm

twosevenstreet wrote:
KlicKlac wrote:If Acy can sustain his good play in more minutes, then he could overtake Booker.

Yeah, we need all of the talent we can get. Acy will need to show more in meaningful minutes in order to even begin a discussion about taking anyone's place.
antique0o0
Senior
And1: 53

Post#103 » by antique0o0 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:49 am

Since Atkinson started to play RHJ at backup 4, RHJ's minutes has been decided by the matchup situation between Booker and opponent team PF.
I think we'll see the same with RHJ and Acy. Acy's minutes will be determined basing on how well RHJ plays as backup PF. If RHJ plays like last game, Acy will not get meaningful minutes. If RHJ plays in the way he usually plays, Acy will see 3 to 8 minutes a game.
Most NBA stats aren't credible. At most times the people who interprets those data are biased, or the data themselves are flawed. Basketball is just too complicated with so many uncontrollable variables.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#104 » by Paradise » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:15 am

NyCeEvO wrote:
twosevenstreet wrote:

Yeah, we need all of the talent we can get. Acy will need to show more in meaningful minutes in order to even begin a discussion about taking anyone's place.

Would Booker's talent be missed if we swapped him for Corey Joseph?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,599

Post#105 » by TheNetsFan » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:04 am

Paradise wrote:
NyCeEvO wrote:
twosevenstreet wrote:

Sure, but we need NBA caliber PG play & perimeter defense. We'd definitely take a back at PF, but it would open up more time for RHJ & CMC to get some more PF minutes. Plus, what's the worst that can happen? We start losing?
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#106 » by NyCeEvO » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:32 am

Paradise wrote:
NyCeEvO wrote:
twosevenstreet wrote:

Idk...I think when we look back at this season and see how decimated this team was compared to what it was at the outset, we won't be as upset as most of us are now.

Our PG position is obviously super-thin. Dinwiddie and Whitehead should be 3rd stringers and filling time in at the D-League to help with a slow progression into the league, yet they are alternating as the starting PG.

At the present moment, I'd love a PG but we also have to think about the fact that Cory Joseph would be stretched himself. He goes from being a great backup PG on a faux-contending team to the 2nd/3rd option on a bottom-dweller. Joseph wouldn't look as good as he does now when he's one of the top 2-3 targets of the defense.

I personally think Booker is more replaceable than we're led to believe. He's not really a bruiser or not a big rebounder. He is an active guy who forces stuff to happen, but he's not going to stop you from being bad.

At the same time, CJ is kinda replaceable as well. I think we'd basically be shifting from one flawed role player to another. If we were more talented and had less needs, it would be easier to make a call on the pros and cons of the deal. Right now, we just know that we'd still be dreadful.
twosevenstreet
Senior
And1: 168

Post#107 » by twosevenstreet » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:39 pm

Paradise wrote:
NyCeEvO wrote:
twosevenstreet wrote:

Booker is fun as heck, but I'd take Cory Joseph without thinking twice
Spread Em and Dead em.
-Sad DLO is gone
-Allen will become LobCity DJ
-Kyrie will be top 3 for MVP if we get to 50+ wins, he will average 27ppg, 7apg, shooting 50-40-90
GA2016
Freshman
And1: 13

Post#108 » by GA2016 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:31 am

If Acy can continue shoot like tonight, he should have a position in the team.

Sent from my iPad using RealGM mobile app
TinmanZBoy
Head Coach
And1: 4,720

Post#109 » by TinmanZBoy » Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:55 am

GA2016 wrote:If Acy can continue shoot like tonight, he should have a position in the team.

Sent from my iPad using RealGM mobile app

probably most teams in NBA... always like him
Hi Clutchie, I love you... :kiss
Paradise

Nets sign Quincy Acy to 10 day contract; waive Anthony Bennett 

Post#110 » by Paradise » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:54 am

His numbers throughout his audition thus far: 7.4 PPG / .579% FG / 62% 3PT / .762 TS% / 27.9 PER / +20.1 NetRtg.

Those numbers will obviously come down but he's another good pick up by Marks. He slyly stole him from Dallas and Kudos to him for realizing Bennett was a waste of time immediately.

Paradise

Post#111 » by Paradise » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:48 pm

14/4rebs/2 stls

LostInACrowd
Rookie
And1: 996

Post#112 » by LostInACrowd » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:43 pm

I'd like to see Acy in the starting line up in place of Bogs. It would be Lopez, Booker, Acy, LeVert and Lin. He would add defense, rebounding and hustle to the line up which are some of the Nets biggest weaknesses. Not sure if he can guard some of the better small forwards out there, but he can't do a worse job than Bogs.
Ror1997
Analyst
And1: 911

Post#113 » by Ror1997 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:52 pm

LostInACrowd wrote:I'd like to see Acy in the starting line up in place of Bogs. It would be Lopez, Booker, Acy, LeVert and Lin. He would add defense, rebounding and hustle to the line up which are some of the Nets biggest weaknesses. Not sure if he can guard some of the better small forwards out there, but he can't do a worse job than Bogs.

If he signed for the rest of the season and continued to play well, then I could see him starting a game or two. But I don't see him starting anytime soon.
LostInACrowd
Rookie

Post#114 » by LostInACrowd » Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:18 pm

Ror1997 wrote:
LostInACrowd wrote:I'd like to see Acy in the starting line up in place of Bogs. It would be Lopez, Booker, Acy, LeVert and Lin. He would add defense, rebounding and hustle to the line up which are some of the Nets biggest weaknesses. Not sure if he can guard some of the better small forwards out there, but he can't do a worse job than Bogs.

If he signed for the rest of the season and continued to play well, then I could see him starting a game or two. But I don't see him starting anytime soon.

I think he has earned a contract for the rest of the season. I'd only want him to start over Bogs if Lin and LeVert were also in the starting line up and it may be awhile before Lin's back.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,851

Post#115 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:09 am

he's a PF, small ball C. I don't see what sense it makes playing him at SF.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
LostInACrowd
Rookie

Post#116 » by LostInACrowd » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:23 am

The reason for trying Acy at SF is that with Lopez in the line up, the Nets are always outrebounded. He is a huge upgrade over Bogs in that department. He also doesn't commit silly turnovers like Bogs which helps since the Nets almost always have more TOs than their opponent. As I said above he is also a better defender than Bogs. Where Bogs is better is on the offense where he is a better scorer, but with Lin, LeVert and Lopez on the floor it shouldn't matter. Bogs is a better 3 pt shooter but Acy is solid at 35% for his career.

He may never have played SF before, but it is something I still would like to see tried since I can't see any other way for the Nets to become better on the boards with Lopez out there with the roster they have atm.

It really doesn't matter since I doubt KA will ever use him there.
playteamball
Senior
And1: 73

Post#117 » by playteamball » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:45 am

I'd be fine with this, except I might start Hamilton over Booker.
antique0o0
Senior
And1: 53

Post#118 » by antique0o0 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:01 am

Acy has a quick first step.
Most NBA stats aren't credible. At most times the people who interprets those data are biased, or the data themselves are flawed. Basketball is just too complicated with so many uncontrollable variables.
i-am-luv-sic
Ballboy
And1: 5

Post#119 » by i-am-luv-sic » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:22 am

acy is like the early season booker before he started trying to do too much stuff. that's how i see him. just imagine if you could have early season booker and acy at the same time. :D
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,851

Post#120 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:09 pm

LostInACrowd wrote:The reason for trying Acy at SF is that with Lopez in the line up, the Nets are always outrebounded. He is a huge upgrade over Bogs in that department. He also doesn't commit silly turnovers like Bogs which helps since the Nets almost always have more TOs than their opponent. As I said above he is also a better defender than Bogs. Where Bogs is better is on the offense where he is a better scorer, but with Lin, LeVert and Lopez on the floor it shouldn't matter. Bogs is a better 3 pt shooter but Acy is solid at 35% for his career.

He may never have played SF before, but it is something I still would like to see tried since I can't see any other way for the Nets to become better on the boards with Lopez out there with the roster they have atm.

It really doesn't matter since I doubt KA will ever use him there.

I understand the reasoning, but lets not discount bench depth. Also, I don't want Acy spending too much time away from around the basket for boards, playing SF draws him outside and he may get locked into some matchups that may not be favorable for a PF type.

If we stop screwing around and put LeVert/RHJ at 2 and 3 i bet that rebounding gets cleaned up since both guys hustle and have length. The 2nd unit never has rebounding issues. the fact that Lopez can't be bothered to clean the glass is the biggest issue moreso.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe

Return to Brooklyn Nets