ImageImageImageImageImage

2017 Nets Build-A-Team Team Thread

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Jersey Generals
Lead Assistant
And1: 382

Post#1 » by Jersey Generals » Fri May 12, 2017 5:19 am

Here is the thread that everyone participating will keep their teams. Only have one post for your team in this thread and simply update it via editing, rather than having numerous posts each time you draft a new player.

Here is the basic outline that it should be, but feel free to play around with it.

Las Vegas Sharks

Jrue Holiday/Eric Bledsoe/Marcus Smart
Paul George/Wes Matthews
Kevin Durant/Joe Ingles
Kevin Love/Patrick Patterson
Dwight Howard/Pau Gasol/Steven Adams

I intend on running a system similar to seven seconds or less, but based around intense defense like the early 90s Runnin' Rebels. In the set offense, I intend of shooting a lot, while running the offense through the point position, but mostly, I would look to get open court and fast break points. Rebounding and great defense is how the team will get out into the open court.
Claud
Sixth Man
And1: 872

Re: 2017 Nets Build-A-Team Team Thread 

Post#2 » by Claud » Mon May 15, 2017 9:28 pm

ATX Murcielagos

PG: Russel Westbrook/Isaiah Thomas(6th man)/Cory Joseph
SG Avery Bradley/Malcom Brogdon
SF Jae Crowder/Rodney Hood
PF Gorgui Dieng/Julius Randle
C Joel Embiid/Brook Lopez/Dewayne Dedmon

Style of play: Will update after draft ends.
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#3 » by NyCeEvO » Tue May 16, 2017 5:18 pm

Twilight Zone Defense
PG: Steph Curry/ Seth Curry
SG: Bradley Beal/ Kyle Korver
SF: Paul Millsap/Andre Iguodala/Chandler Parsons
PF: Jabari Parker/ Marvin Williams
C: Myles Turner/Nerlens Noel/Greg Monroe
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#4 » by CalamityX12 » Tue May 16, 2017 6:08 pm

The Calamity Express

PG: James Harden (1st), Mike Conley (3rd)
SG: Klay Thompson (2nd), Caris Levert (7th)
SF: Trevor Ariza (5th), Evan Fournier (8th), Michael Kidd-Gilchrist (12th)
PF: Carmelo Anthony(4th), Rondae Hollis-Jefferson (10th)
C: Marcin Gortat (6th), Thon Maker (9th), Nikola Vucevic (11th)
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
Packers+NetsWIN
Junior
And1: 75

Post#5 » by Packers+NetsWIN » Wed May 17, 2017 6:50 pm

Packers+NetsWIN

PG: Kemba Walker, Lou Williams, Victor Oladipo
SG: DeMar DeRozan, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope
SF: Andrew Wiggins, Danny Green
PF: Draymond Green, Ryan Anderson, Mirza Teletovic
C: Anthony Davis, Andre Drummond
3pt_chucker
Head Coach
And1: 2,002

Post#6 » by 3pt_chucker » Wed May 17, 2017 9:53 pm

3pt-Chuckers

PG: Chris Paul/Patrick Beverley
SG: Nicolas Batum/Eric Gordon/Dion Waiters
SF: Jimmy Butler/Rudy Gay/PF Tucker
PF: Serge Ibaka/Ersan Ilyasova
C: Al Horford/Tristan Thompson
shakendfries
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,063

Post#7 » by shakendfries » Thu May 18, 2017 1:08 am

Shake Zula, the Mic Rula

We run faster than you, shoot 3s better than you & score in the paint better than you

PG: Goran Dragic
SG: Devin Booker
SF: Otto Porter
PF: Karl Anthony Towns
C: Rudy Gobert

Bench:
Jeff Teague / Jamal Murray
CJ Miles / Manu Ginobli
Joe Johnson / Vince Carter
Jonas Valencunas

ImageImage

"Kevin Durant is not coming to the Nets. If I'm wrong, I will change my avatar to anything you request no matter how humiliating it is." - MrDollarBills, 10/22/18
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,572

Post#8 » by DarkXaero » Thu May 18, 2017 2:42 am

Jersey Dwellers

PG: John Wall/Reggie Jackson
SG: Khris Middleton/Buddy Hield
SF: Gordon Hayward/Danilo Gallinari/Jaylen Brown
PF: Blake Griffin/Danilo Galinari/JaMychael Green
C: Marc Gasol/Clint Capela/Kelly Olynyk

Well now that I have my starting five, I can talk about what kind of team this is going to be. My goal was to build a well rounded team, with a good balance of floor spacing, athleticism, playmaking, ball handling, defense, and scoring, with bball IQ in abundance. John Wall is the floor general of the team, an all around athletic PG who is a high level playmaker, a fast break machine and a good scorer. Below average 3pt shooter for PG position but I wanted to compensate that by surrounding him with strong shooters.

Khris Middleton is a versatile wing who can cover multiple positions defensively, while being a great 3pt shooter and a smart, efficient scorer. He's also capable of running the pick & roll as a ball handler. Hayward is another highly efficient scorer who is also a capable ball handler with above average passing skills, and a very good shooter. With a TS% of nearly 60% this past season, Hayward is a very efficient volume scorer. With Middleton and Hayward, I have two capable ball handlers, who are great shooters, above average passers, efficient scorers, and with their size, they have versatility defensively.

Blake Griffin as my PF is the athletic scoring PF who is also an elite passer in his position, and someone who also excels in transition, something that would be utilized to great effect with John Wall. He has developed a nice mid range game, along with his post scoring, and he has started showing developing 3 pt range. He's a strong rebounder, something that's very important as he's next to Marc Gasol here. This leads to Marc Gasol, the all star center and the defensive anchor of the team (former DPOY), who has quietly developed into a pretty good scorer (~20 PPG on 55% TS%). He's an elite passer as a center, and a very high bball IQ player, who has also developed a 3pt shot (39% from 3pt). His rebounding is weak but with Blake next to him, plus the overall size of the team should compensate for that.

So I have a starting 5 of high bball IQ players who are all highly skilled and can score efficiently. 3 of the starting five are elite passers at their positions (the remaining two above average), and there are multiple players who can run the pick & roll in half court. The team will also be effective in the transition game with Wall and Griffin. There's also plenty of floor spacing with everyone in the starting five capable of shooting 3s.
TheSparkleKing
Sophomore
And1: 26

Post#9 » by TheSparkleKing » Thu May 18, 2017 5:38 pm

The Seattle Wharf Rats

PG: Eric Bledsoe/Ricky Rubio
SG: Gary Harris/Allen Crabbe/De'angelo Russell
SF: Paul George/ Wilson Chandler
PF: Kristpas Porzingis/ Dario Saric
C: Demarcus Cousins / Enes Kanter/Jusuf Nurkic
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,238

Post#10 » by Papi_swav » Mon May 22, 2017 3:09 am

SAN JUAN PAPI'S

PG: Damian Lilliard/ Patty Mills
SG: George Hill/ Tyler Johnson/ Tony Allen
SF: Robert Covington/ Tobias Harris
PF: Greek Freak/ James Johnson
C: Nikola Jokic/ Mason Plumlee

Defense! Defense! Defense! and two-way players. Each and every one of my players are two-way players that are not liabilities on either side of the floor. Each one of my players have versatility and can do multiple things with or without the ball.

Offense: I intend to run a fast pace offense, all of my guys are athletes and are excellent in the fast break, they can run guys off the floor or make them collapse by trying to keep up with us. I also want to use alot of ball movement, each one of my guys is a willing passer, knows how to pass and they all average over 1 assist per game. Each guy can also shoot the rock well with the exception of Plumlee, Greek Freak is getting better from 3 but his midrange game is very good and growing. Even in our half court offense, we can run set plays through any of these guys and each one can put the ball in the basket in multiple ways. Jokic can play top of the key and is the best passing big man, Greek Freak can post up mid-range and is also a triple double waiting to happen, Dame is one of the best 1-on-1 players, George Hill is one of the best spot up shooters that can also break down the defense. (more to write here)

Defense: We cause mismatches for most teams because they can't guard us, but we can guard them. I want to use alot of ball pressure and help defense, we are quick enough to move laterally and keep up with any team with our suffocating defense, rebounding, hustle, quickness and long arms. The IQ of our defense is impeccable. Greek Freak is one of the top defenders in all of the NBA who can pretty much guard any position. Jokic is one of the top defensive centers in the NBA not by blocks but by being at the right place in the right time. George Hill is one of the best guard defenders in the NBA and Covington is the most underrated defensive player in the NBA which is why he is in the starting lineup. We all know Plumlee is a good shot blocker and can disrupt passes, James Johnson is a bruiser and can guard guys like LeBron very tough with his strength and athletic ability and can also guard the perimeter and big man like Greek Freak. Tobias Harris is no slouch on that end either and neither is Tyler Johnson. Patty Mills is lightening quick that disrupt plays. Lilliard is my only liability on this end but his offense and the players around him more than makes up for it. It's no secret that each one of my guys tries hard on this end of the floor and hustles their butts off.

Damian Lilliard: One of the best 1-on-1 players in all of the NBA, mismatch on most nights with his quickness and step back threes. He also one of the most clutch players in this game with multiple buzzer beaters and I trust him most with the game on the line. A top point guard in this league that often gets overlooked. PPG: 27 APG: 6 RPG : 5 on 44%FG 37%3FG 90%FT. He is 19th in TPA, 15th in PER in all of NBA and 6th in OPA .. we all know Dame is a beast, nothing more needs to be said here.

George Hill: Top 5 defensive guard in the NBA that can defend both guard positions. I intend to use him as a spot up shooter on offense. Great shooter, 48% FG and 40% from 3, and can also get in the lane and break down the defense when need to. Has a nice little floater and is a willing passer. George Hill is a proven winner wherever he went. Pacers barely made the playoffs this year without him and he elevated the Jazz to another level with his play. There is a reason why he was one of Pops favorite players, he makes winning plays. I know most guys on this Nets board would love to have him but he will be overpaid, he's earned it though. He is 40th in TPA, 34th on OPA

Robert Covington: One of the most underrated defenders in the NBA, if not he most underrated defender in the NBA. According to real-plus minus he is by far the best wing defender and has a DPM of 4.32 with Win shares of 9.23 which is 11th in all small forwards. He is a big reason why the Sixers won most of their games especially without Embid. He averages 2 steals and a block a game, he is a beast one defense and can control the game with his D. He is also a very good rebound, he hustles and makes winning plays. He's not a liability on offense either with a career 3P% of 35% on 6 attempts a game. Good wing spot up shooter in the corner and spaces the floor out for my stars to operate. He also shares the ball. Top 20 in DPS. Love this guy.

Greek Freak: We all know this guy is the future of the NBA and might be top 5 player soon. Triple double threat every night. Very unique. Can get to the rim whenever he wants, just need 3 steps from the half court line. Knows how to control the game and is clutch. His defense is on another level, will be DPOY soon and might win multiple. I mean it just isn't fair, he is a mismatch no matter who's guarding him, even LeBron. No need to put his stats up, we all know this guy is top tier level talent. Only 22 and his game is expanding every year. Top 10 in WS, 4th in TPA , 10th in PER in all of NBA.

Nikola Jokic: Another top tier talent player who is the future of the NBA, almost got his team to the playoffs. This guy is just dominate in all facets of the game. Might be the best big in the league with his versatility IMO, if not top 3. He can just do so much things with and without the ball. 10th in WS, 9th in TPA. Best passing big in the league (5 APG) and makes highlight plays. Another triple double threat guy. Has a nice soft touch, good shot that extends to 3pt range, has dominated against the best big men in the league. 8th in PER. Top defensive big as well with his high defensive IQ and quick lateral movement. There is nothing this guys can't do.

Bench
Patty Mills: Top bench player and top backup point guard. Is lighting quick and has one of the best assist to turnover ratios. Know how to win games and picked up a lot of slack where Tony Parker left off. Knock down shooter (41% 3P) with a nice floater and can get in the lane. Hustles on defense and sticks his hands in to disrupt plays. Another top IQ guy the Spurs developed.

Tyler Johnson: We all know this guy took the next level this season, we all wanted him here.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,436

Post#11 » by vincecarter4pres » Mon May 22, 2017 11:00 pm

New Hampshire Dwont's

PG: Kyrie Irving/Wade/Schroder
SG: JJ Redick/Wade/Ross
SF: Lebron MF'in James/Morris/Ross
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge/Dirk/Favors/Morris
C: Hassan Whiteside/Chandler/Favors/Dirk

Bench:
Dwyane Wade
Dirk Nowitzki
Derrick Favors
Dennis Schroder
Markieff Morris
Terrence Ross
Tyson Chandler

My squad is going to be based on swarming and suffocating defense creating turnovers and pushing the ball, not just for dunks and layups, but also open 3's. But we're not just a fastbreak team like a supercharged version of the JKidd Nets though, this team can obviously and easily execute in the halfcourt. There are scorers everywhere, who can all shoot from almost anywhere on the court, can finish and get there with the ball in their hands, or spotting up or on the move. There are a number of guys who can get a go to easy basket to stop a run, or to tie or ice the game in crunch time as well. You have guys who all compliment each other beautifully.

And on defense, we have size, athleticism, shot blocking, quick hands, chase down ability, recovery speed, mobility and the smarts to put together an all time defense, from the starters, to the last guy on the bench. Lebron and Hassan are the anchors though.

We don't mean to sound cocky, but this team top to bottom is loaded, starting with the best player on the planet, all fitting together like a jigsaw puzzle, with the ability to switch gears and style of play on a dime, it would be shocking if the Dwont's did anything but will themselves to the win.

Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.

Return to Brooklyn Nets