ImageImageImageImageImage

2019 Draft Prospect Watch Thread

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

FrenchNBAFan
Junior
And1: 95

Re: 2019 Draft Prospect Watch Thread 

Post#381 » by FrenchNBAFan » Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:57 pm

I'm not really hyped by Doumbouya even if he is french.
Currently, french players don't have the " killer mentality " in France we are too unselfish and don't have the mentality to become a leader or something like that, that's not bad at all but for a top 5/8 it's too higher
Like Ntilikina for exemple, good basketball IQ, great D .. but not a future star
I feel the same for Doumbouya
-soul fist-
Junior
And1: 96

Post#382 » by -soul fist- » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:16 pm

I agree. I want the nets to get someone who believes he's the best player on the court. We have enough betas. need an alpha.
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,572

Post#383 » by DarkXaero » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:57 am

FrenchNBAFan wrote:I'm not really hyped by Doumbouya even if he is french.
Currently, french players don't have the " killer mentality " in France we are too unselfish and don't have the mentality to become a leader or something like that, that's not bad at all but for a top 5/8 it's too higher
Like Ntilikina for exemple, good basketball IQ, great D .. but not a future star
Yea, not to mention the Doncic comparison is absolutely absurd. Doncic is arguably the most accomplished rookie prospect in NBA history. Not saying Doumbouya can't be great, but Doncic was a can't miss prospect who should have definitely went #1, but didn't because of athleticism concerns & anti-European bias.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#384 » by Paradise » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:30 am

DarkXaero wrote:
Yea, not to mention the Doncic comparison is absolutely absurd. Doncic is arguably the most accomplished rookie prospect in NBA history. Not saying Doumbouya can't be great, but Doncic was a can't miss prospect who should have definitely went #1, but didn't because of athleticism concerns & anti-European bias.

Obviously they are not similar accomplished but he will have skeptics downplaying his sock or not truly sure if he’s that good (see here) but will end up being that one international prospect teams look to trade picks for or trade up for once and will end up going Top 3-5 in June, IMO. It’s a weak draft.

Yes, Zion is #1, RJ likely #2 but it’s open season after the first pick based off what we’re seeing right now.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,436

Post#385 » by vincecarter4pres » Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:09 am

Paradise wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:

Obviously they are not similar accomplished but he will have skeptics downplaying his sock or not truly sure if he’s that good (see here) but will end up being that one international prospect teams look to trade picks for or trade up for once and will end up going Top 3-5 in June, IMO. It’s a weak draft.

Yes, Zion is #1, RJ likely #2 but it’s open season after the first pick based off what we’re seeing right now.

I don't know this is such a weak draft. I don't think it's crazy strong either, but there are some really intriguing prospects.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,883

Post#386 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:16 am

lol @ this being a weak draft. ok.

I will guarantee you right now on November 29th that Sean Marks drafts one of the 5 best players from this class.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
SpeedyG
RealGM
And1: 1,310

Post#387 » by SpeedyG » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:16 pm

Have you seen Cordinier? ND posted a link to his latest game and he didn't seem to do much but his athleticism still looks good and he seems to have NBA ready body for a SG

Sent from my SM-G925T using RealGM mobile app
Bless the man if his heart and his land are one ~ FrancisM, R.I.P. 3/6/09
Paradise

Post#388 » by Paradise » Sat Dec 1, 2018 4:12 am

I predicted somewhere in this thread that there will be at least one 5 star recruit for the 2020 class that will pull a Marvin Bagley and reclassify. Looks like we could have two.

Meet Akok Akok.

Five-star forward Akok Akok is considering bypassing college and entering the NBA Draft, he tells 247Sports.
“I’ve been thinking about it since July,” Akok said. “I knew I was eligible and it could be potential option.”

Stipulations for a prep prospect to enter the NBA Draft, like Anfernee Simons did last year and Thon Maker two years ago, consist of being a year removed from your graduating class, as well as being 19 years old.

In terms of college, Akok has already taken his five allotted visits to Connecticut, Georgetown, Pittsburgh, Providence and Syracuse. He did, however, admit the NBA option has a little to do with not making a college choice.

“It’s kind a little bit of why I’m waiting,” Akok said.

“Just my ability to block shots,” he said. “I can hit the three ball and put the ball on the floor. That’s some of the different things that I bring.”
“He’s elite at two different things – shot blocking and three-point shooting,” Scraba told 247Sports.

Jalen Lecque aka Baby Westbrook.

FrenchNBAFan
Junior

Post#389 » by FrenchNBAFan » Sat Dec 1, 2018 4:34 am

SpeedyG wrote:
Have you seen Cordinier? ND posted a link to his latest game and he didn't seem to do much but his athleticism still looks good and he seems to have NBA ready body for a SG

Sent from my SM-G925T using RealGM mobile app

I don't watch him but I know he is talented, I don't know if he has the NBA level but I know at least he is not trash
Paradise

Post#390 » by Paradise » Sat Dec 1, 2018 9:50 pm

Romeo Langford vs North Western

Keldon Johnson vs Monmouth

shakendfries
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,063

Post#391 » by shakendfries » Sun Dec 2, 2018 1:12 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:Doumbouya is pretty damn good though :lol: but I'm all in for Bol too. Those turnaround fadeaway threes with have Barclays lit AF :lol: :lol: :lol:

8-)

ImageImage

"Kevin Durant is not coming to the Nets. If I'm wrong, I will change my avatar to anything you request no matter how humiliating it is." - MrDollarBills, 10/22/18
JoseRizal
General Manager
And1: 2,233

Post#392 » by JoseRizal » Sun Dec 2, 2018 1:52 pm

I’ll be thrilled if Marks can draft any of the 3 Duke boys...
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#393 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Dec 2, 2018 2:03 pm

Well, the wheels have fallen off of the bus on this season. We might get lucky and actually have a shot at one of the three duke boys if the lottery balls bounce our way.

Paradise

Post#394 » by Paradise » Sun Dec 2, 2018 7:52 pm

Rui Hachimura vs Creighton.

Bol Bol vs Houston U.

Zach Norvell Jr vs Gonzaga

Ja Morant vs Prairie A&M.

Claud
Sixth Man
And1: 872

Post#395 » by Claud » Sun Dec 2, 2018 8:44 pm

Any of these guys would be a nice addition to the squad.

I hope our scouts are doing everything possible to identify the best possible players for us.

This draft pick will be the highest since Marks took over and is an extremely important decision for our future.

Best player available 100%.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#396 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Dec 2, 2018 9:08 pm

Morant should definitely be on Marks' big board. That kid is a bit of a showman but he's pretty damn nasty.

Paradise

Post#397 » by Paradise » Tue Dec 4, 2018 12:06 am

RJ vs Stretson.

FrenchNBAFan
Junior

Post#398 » by FrenchNBAFan » Tue Dec 4, 2018 2:02 pm

I've seen nobody speak about Kevin Porter jr, what do you think about him? He looks good

Good to see all these SG/SF even if we are 6/7 there is chance to have a good talent
DeRoma
Veteran
And1: 525

Post#399 » by DeRoma » Tue Dec 4, 2018 2:20 pm

DeRoma
Veteran
And1: 525

Post#400 » by DeRoma » Tue Dec 4, 2018 2:29 pm

FrenchNBAFan wrote:I've seen nobody speak about Kevin Porter jr, what do you think about him? He looks good

Good to see all these SG/SF even if we are 6/7 there is chance to have a good talent

He plays a lot like James Harden. I'm sure this guy is capable of being great. However, I do think he is in a very similar situation to what Trae Young. As in he'll need a ton of volume and the right system in order to develop. I need to see more but I do think he can be great. I'd say Harden is his full potential, Buddy Hield-Jamal Crawford is his realistic expectation, or bust.

Return to Brooklyn Nets