ImageImageImageImageImage

2019 Draft Prospect Watch Thread

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Rockice_24
Starter
And1: 816

Re: 2019 Draft Prospect Watch Thread 

Post#421 » by Rockice_24 » Wed Dec 5, 2018 3:30 pm

This draft looks 6-7 deep. You got the 3 Duke boys, Bol, Little, and Porter Jr, and Hunter. Then you have others Rui, Doum, Morant and Langford who could be really good too. If we land in the top 5 or 6 we should get ourselves a nice building block to pair with Levert and Allen. I think a wing player is ideal especially if we view Levert as a PG which I think we do because of his unselfish nature.

I think Marks would love to have Levert - PG and Allen - C with 3 other guys between 6'7" and 6'10" that can all shoot and defend on the wings. Really any of the top guys fit that mold.
DeRoma
Veteran
And1: 525

Post#422 » by DeRoma » Wed Dec 5, 2018 6:45 pm

Rockice_24 wrote:This draft looks 6-7 deep. You got the 3 Duke boys, Bol, Little, and Porter Jr, and Hunter. Then you have others Rui, Doum, Morant and Langford who could be really good too. If we land in the top 5 or 6 we should get ourselves a nice building block to pair with Levert and Allen. I think a wing player is ideal especially if we view Levert as a PG which I think we do because of his unselfish nature.

I think Marks would love to have Levert - PG and Allen - C with 3 other guys between 6'7" and 6'10" that can all shoot and defend on the wings. Really any of the top guys fit that mold.

I think this class is much deeper. There are prospects that are very capable on moving up like Naz Reid, Sekou Doumbouya, and Jaylen Hands. You can even mention Bruno Fernando whose physical attribute is top of the charts. I think this year's draft is very underrated.
twosevenstreet
Senior
And1: 168

Post#423 » by twosevenstreet » Thu Dec 6, 2018 3:24 am

We are desperate need of a starting SF and PF and that is exactly what this draft offers.

Any pick in the top 10 will get us what we need. I like the idea of Cam Reddish at SF and signing Tobias to the max to play PF

DLo, Din
CLV, Harris
Cam, Crabbe
Tobias, RHJ, Rodi
Allen, Davis

Is a team that can run and shoot

Sent from my LG-H872 using RealGM mobile app
Spread Em and Dead em.
-Sad DLO is gone
-Allen will become LobCity DJ
-Kyrie will be top 3 for MVP if we get to 50+ wins, he will average 27ppg, 7apg, shooting 50-40-90
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#424 » by Paradise » Thu Dec 6, 2018 3:37 am

We’re now officially 2 losses behind Cleveland, Atlanta, Chicago and PHX.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,883

Post#425 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Dec 6, 2018 3:59 am

DeRoma wrote:
Rockice_24 wrote:This draft looks 6-7 deep. You got the 3 Duke boys, Bol, Little, and Porter Jr, and Hunter. Then you have others Rui, Doum, Morant and Langford who could be really good too. If we land in the top 5 or 6 we should get ourselves a nice building block to pair with Levert and Allen. I think a wing player is ideal especially if we view Levert as a PG which I think we do because of his unselfish nature.

I think this class is much deeper. There are prospects that are very capable on moving up like Naz Reid, Sekou Doumbouya, and Jaylen Hands. You can even mention Bruno Fernando whose physical attribute is top of the charts. I think this year's draft is very underrated.

Every time someone says a draft class is only a few players deep, I laugh.

like Marks literally drafted LeVert and Allen with picks in the 20s. Kurucs was a 2nd rounder. okay guys sure this is only a 6-7 player draft :crazy:
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#426 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Dec 6, 2018 4:00 am

Paradise wrote:We’re now officially 2 losses behind Cleveland, Atlanta, Chicago and PHX.

Don't worry. After the beatings that come on friday and saturday we will be in Zion territory :lol:

SpeedyG
RealGM
And1: 1,310

Post#427 » by SpeedyG » Thu Dec 6, 2018 1:09 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
DeRoma wrote:

like Marks literally drafted LeVert and Allen with picks in the 20s. Kurucs was a 2nd rounder. okay guys sure this is only a 6-7 player draft :crazy:
I am still watching guys, but so far I'm not impressed with this class. A lot of the guys are young freshmen and you're doing a lot of projecting because they are very flawed right now.

Zion is the clear price for me.

I don't think the other guys are sure fire difference makers in the next level.

Solid starters? Sure I'll agree it's deep in that regard

But after losing so much and not having our own picks for so long, I want a star to build this team around.

Sent from my SM-G925T using RealGM mobile app
Bless the man if his heart and his land are one ~ FrancisM, R.I.P. 3/6/09
shakendfries
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,063

Post#428 » by shakendfries » Thu Dec 6, 2018 1:49 pm

SpeedyG wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
DeRoma wrote:I think this class is much deeper. There are prospects that are very capable on moving up like Naz Reid, Sekou Doumbouya, and Jaylen Hands. You can even mention Bruno Fernando whose physical attribute is top of the charts. I think this year's draft is very underrated.

I am still watching guys, but so far I'm not impressed with this class. A lot of the guys are young freshmen and you're doing a lot of projecting because they are very flawed right now.

But after losing so much and not having our own picks for so long, I want a star to build this team around.

Remember when the Spurs drafted Tim Duncan?

Bol Bol is the best player in this draft.
ImageImage

"Kevin Durant is not coming to the Nets. If I'm wrong, I will change my avatar to anything you request no matter how humiliating it is." - MrDollarBills, 10/22/18
SpeedyG
RealGM

Post#429 » by SpeedyG » Thu Dec 6, 2018 1:53 pm

shakendfries wrote:
SpeedyG wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Remember when the Spurs drafted Tim Duncan?

Bol Bol is the best player in this draft.
Dear god yes we know you're in love with Bol.

Now please let us be.

Rockice_24
Starter

Post#430 » by Rockice_24 » Thu Dec 6, 2018 2:21 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
DeRoma wrote:

Don't be so literal obviously you can find gems later in drafts. I'm thinking there are 6-7 true franchise caliber players which is good for us with us likely in the top 6-7. After that it gets tougher to draft the right guy.
Rockice_24
Starter

Post#431 » by Rockice_24 » Thu Dec 6, 2018 2:23 pm

Bol scares the hell out of me. Love his touch and length, scared of that body type for injuries. He also looks pretty slow for a PF and too weak for a C. Looks like a tweener. I don't think he has the agility of a guy like KP who he obviously is being compared to.
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,599

Post#432 » by TheNetsFan » Thu Dec 6, 2018 3:16 pm

SpeedyG wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
DeRoma wrote:I think this class is much deeper. There are prospects that are very capable on moving up like Naz Reid, Sekou Doumbouya, and Jaylen Hands. You can even mention Bruno Fernando whose physical attribute is top of the charts. I think this year's draft is very underrated.

With the proper coaching & motivation, I think Reddish has the tools to be the best player out of this draft. My colleague, who is a college basketball nut, agrees. He's down on Barrett & very high on Porter Jr.
SpeedyG
RealGM

Post#433 » by SpeedyG » Thu Dec 6, 2018 3:24 pm

TheNetsFan wrote:
SpeedyG wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

With the proper coaching & motivation, I think Reddish has the tools to be the best player out of this draft. My colleague, who is a college basketball nut, agrees. He's down on Barrett & very high on Porter Jr.
Reddish has tools (as do many in this draft) but it hasn't materialized and he looks a clear step below zion and even Barrett right now.

But that's exactly why I'm kind of down on this class.

Too many young guys at the top that we're having to project.

Bol has tools. Reddish, Barrett, Porter, Little all have athletic tools. But not everyone toolsy develops for one reason or another.

For every Greek freak, you get an Anthony Randolph or Stro Swift.

That's what I'm getting at when I say that I'm not enamored with this class.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#434 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Dec 6, 2018 4:54 pm

Reddish looks like a perfect fit for this team. Dude is lights out from deep, and has good size and length. He'd be a good fit next to LeVert on the wing

Karate Diop
General Manager
And1: 9,839

Post#435 » by Karate Diop » Thu Dec 6, 2018 5:26 pm

It's been a while since I put my hopes in the draft to change the fortune of the team... I don't know how to feel.
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,599

Post#436 » by TheNetsFan » Thu Dec 6, 2018 5:48 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:Reddish looks like a perfect fit for this team. Dude is lights out from deep, and has good size and length. He'd be a good fit next to LeVert on the wing

100%. Beyond just the size & shooting, he can put the ball on the floor as well. That's a huge asset at either Forward spot. You just hope he's more Paul George than Rudy Gay or Harrison Barnes.
DeRoma
Veteran

Post#437 » by DeRoma » Thu Dec 6, 2018 6:09 pm

SpeedyG wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Lol what? When was it not filled with freshmans? 1999 lol
SpeedyG
RealGM

Post#438 » by SpeedyG » Thu Dec 6, 2018 6:19 pm

DeRoma wrote:
SpeedyG wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

2016? 2015?

SpeedyG
RealGM

Post#439 » by SpeedyG » Thu Dec 6, 2018 6:24 pm

DeRoma wrote:
SpeedyG wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Also, not all freshmen are made the same.

DeRoma
Veteran

Post#440 » by DeRoma » Thu Dec 6, 2018 7:04 pm

SpeedyG wrote:
TheNetsFan wrote:
SpeedyG wrote:I am still watching guys, but so far I'm not impressed with this class. A lot of the guys are young freshmen and you're doing a lot of projecting because they are very flawed right now.

Reddish has tools (as do many in this draft) but it hasn't materialized and he looks a clear step below zion and even Barrett right now.

But that's exactly why I'm kind of down on this class.

Too many young guys at the top that we're having to project.

Bol has tools. Reddish, Barrett, Porter, Little all have athletic tools. But not everyone toolsy develops for one reason or another.

For every Greek freak, you get an Anthony Randolph or Stro Swift.

That's what I'm getting at when I say that I'm not enamored with this class.

I definitely disagree with this

The only one who is on a class of their own in this draft is Zion.

Barrett is the clear second in terms of the combination of skills with an addition of an above average physical attributes. However, I would never project him as the definite second best player of the draft class. Barrett is simply in the spotlight just because of the combination of factors of his his high school credential and the choice of him going into a top notch school and making a super team with other top recruits. Yet, I would never say he is a tier ahead of Porter, Nassir, Bol, Cam, Morant, Sekou, and Rui. Barrett simply made the right choices to market himself.

I don’t understand this statement that these players are project players. None of these players above you can say are raw. All of them are putting up good numbers and show a high level of skills. The biggest knock you can say towards the top recruits are body development (which is normal) outside of that imo they are mostly a sure thing they will produce. It will just depends if they will produce winning basketball. Biggest project in the top recruit is Naz Reid and that’s pretty much it. In terms of development, that will be determined on draft night from which team they will land. We all know i.e. Orlando, Knicks, suns, Cleveland, Minnesota, Detroit, Philadelphia, etc are all trash team that doesn’t know how to develop young players. There are exceptions towards these rules like Greek freak or KP but I don’t want to get into that since it will take another paragraph.

The point is this class I will assure you is at the very least 12 players deep and 3-4 are all star level types of players

Return to Brooklyn Nets