2019 Draft Prospect Watch Thread

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Aussienet3
Junior
And1: 90

Re: 2019 Draft Prospect Watch Thread 

Post#561 » by Aussienet3 » Thu May 16, 2019 3:25 am

JoseRizal wrote:
Aussienet3 wrote:Not sure if this is the right thread. But is anyone else hearing that Zion does not want to play in NO and is considering going back to Duke? Has he signed with an agent? What's the go?

It’s a media stunt. No matter what he does, New Orleans will always have his rights

I'm confused. If he goes back to school and he is not in the draft how can NO have his rights? This ain't no draft and stash type of deal.
JoseRizal
General Manager
And1: 2,233

Post#562 » by JoseRizal » Thu May 16, 2019 9:34 am

Aussienet3 wrote:
JoseRizal wrote:
Aussienet3 wrote:Not sure if this is the right thread. But is anyone else hearing that Zion does not want to play in NO and is considering going back to Duke? Has he signed with an agent? What's the go?

It’s a media stunt. No matter what he does, New Orleans will always have his rights

I'm confused. If he goes back to school and he is not in the draft how can NO have his rights? This ain't no draft and stash type of deal.

If I’m New Orleans, what would stop me from drafting Zion? He has no leverage and an organizatiom like the Pelicans would surely not bow down to his wishes. New Orleans owns him now, unless he doesn’t want to play in the NBA.
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,599

Post#563 » by TheNetsFan » Thu May 16, 2019 9:47 am

JoseRizal wrote:
Aussienet3 wrote:
JoseRizal wrote:

If I’m New Orleans, what would stop me from drafting Zion? He has no leverage and an organizatiom like the Pelicans would surely not bow down to his wishes. New Orleans owns him now, unless he doesn’t want to play in the NBA.
He would withdraw himself from the draft. By doing so, he's not eligible to be drafted. That being said, he won't do it. It's just media fueled smoke.
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#564 » by NyCeEvO » Thu May 16, 2019 10:55 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
MGrand15 wrote:I'm a little down on my boy Hachimura. He kind of reminds me of Sabonis in some ways but IDK. Too mechanical to be a 4 for long stretches. Not a great feel for the game which I think is the most underrated part of drafting guys. Someone like Jarrett Allen jumps out as a rookie because he always made good quick decisions on offense and defense. Definitely has a lot of potential though. Would be nice to grab him at 17 since he was looking like a top 10 guy earlier in the year.

I would take him and develop him. Best situation for him is here.
Yeah, I think he's primed to be developed into a great player by our staff.

Give Kenny raw players with good physical attributes, and watch them become polished pros.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets

Post#565 » by NyCeEvO » Thu May 16, 2019 11:00 am

JoseRizal wrote:

They refuse to believe that Zion won't play in a big market. They're projecting their own desires on to Zion and every tiny move he makes or doesn't make is twisted into some "fact" that he doesn't want to play for New Orleans. It's pathetic...but sensationalism attracts attention and drives up revenue, so I doubt it'll stop any time soon.

NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets

Post#566 » by NyCeEvO » Thu May 16, 2019 11:04 am

MGrand15 wrote:
kamaze wrote:Isaia Cordinier, the 6’5” French shooting guard acquired last July in the Jeremy Lin trade, tells a French basketball site that he will play for the Nets in the Las Vegas Summer League.

He looks good. Perfect type of guy to take a chance on. Wouldn't mind having him on the Long Island Nets.
I just hope he stays healthy. I think he had double ACL surgery, which is probably why ATL viewed him as expendable. Injuries don't seem to scare us away like they do for other teams.

JoseRizal
General Manager

Post#567 » by JoseRizal » Thu May 16, 2019 11:22 am

TheNetsFan wrote:
JoseRizal wrote:
Aussienet3 wrote:

He would withdraw himself from the draft. By doing so, he's not eligible to be drafted. That being said, he won't do it. It's just media fueled smoke.

Exactly! I don’t think he’s willing to take his talents to Europe or China.
JoseRizal
General Manager

Post#568 » by JoseRizal » Thu May 16, 2019 11:24 am

NyCeEvO wrote:
JoseRizal wrote:

They refuse to believe that Zion won't play in a big market. They're projecting their own desires on to Zion and every tiny move he makes or doesn't make is twisted into some "fact" that he doesn't want to play for New Orleans. It's pathetic...but sensationalism attracts attention and drives up revenue, so I doubt it'll stop any time soon.

Sports media’s fault. They always favor and talk about big market teams’ Knicks & Lakers no matter how unrealistic their chances are. Making up $h!t just to sell news...
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets

Post#569 » by NyCeEvO » Thu May 16, 2019 11:48 am

JoseRizal wrote:
NyCeEvO wrote:
JoseRizal wrote:

Sports media’s fault. They always favor and talk about big market teams’ Knicks & Lakers no matter how unrealistic their chances are. Making up $h!t just to sell news...
I hate it. There are 30 teams in the league and each of them have fanbases. The rest of the league is not the farm system for those two.

It's much more compelling for me to hear about what's going on in each of them than to constantly hear about the Knicks and Lakers 24/7.

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#570 » by Prokorov » Thu May 16, 2019 12:15 pm

JoseRizal wrote:
Aussienet3 wrote:
JoseRizal wrote:

you cant draft a player who withdraws from the draft.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#571 » by Prokorov » Thu May 16, 2019 12:20 pm

I'm looking at the teams ahead of us, and wonder if Jaxson hayes will fall for similar/same reasons jarrett allen fell...

-teams in the lotto dont have a big need at center
-he is a good prospoect but not elite and may not be a starter right away
lotto teams pick gaurd/wing heavy

He is like a more aggressive more explosive allen. those 2 could split 48 minutes at center and give us exactly what we need there. i know drafting a 7th man isnt sexy but id love the idea of having that duo long term and maybe one becomes an all-star making the toher expendable down the road?
SpeedyG
RealGM
And1: 1,310

Post#572 » by SpeedyG » Thu May 16, 2019 2:23 pm

NyCeEvO wrote:
MGrand15 wrote:
kamaze wrote:Isaia Cordinier, the 6’5” French shooting guard acquired last July in the Jeremy Lin trade, tells a French basketball site that he will play for the Nets in the Las Vegas Summer League.

He looks good. Perfect type of guy to take a chance on. Wouldn't mind having him on the Long Island Nets.
I just hope he stays healthy. I think he had double ACL surgery, which is probably why ATL viewed him as expendable. Injuries don't seem to scare us away like they do for other teams.

He had some kind of severe tendinitis on both knees which limited him. after trying to play through them, he finally decided to have surgery. So far, results seem positive as far as health is concerned...and he's also bulked up.

Sent from my SM-G925T using RealGM mobile app
Bless the man if his heart and his land are one ~ FrancisM, R.I.P. 3/6/09
JoseRizal
General Manager

Post#573 » by JoseRizal » Thu May 16, 2019 3:08 pm

Prokorov wrote:
JoseRizal wrote:
Aussienet3 wrote:

But it’s already a given. I don’t think Zion’s camp is foolish enough to go back to college and risk an injury, miss a guaranteed 4 year/$45M contract and a potential $100M shoe deal...
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,829

Post#574 » by MrDollarBills » Thu May 16, 2019 4:12 pm

Prokorov wrote:I'm looking at the teams ahead of us, and wonder if Jaxson hayes will fall for similar/same reasons jarrett allen fell...

He is like a more aggressive more explosive allen. those 2 could split 48 minutes at center and give us exactly what we need there. i know drafting a 7th man isnt sexy but id love the idea of having that duo long term and maybe one becomes an all-star making the toher expendable down the road?

I would do it in a heartbeat.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,829

Post#575 » by MrDollarBills » Thu May 16, 2019 4:15 pm

MGrand15 wrote:

I like his game. Get him over here.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,790

Post#576 » by Rich Rane » Thu May 16, 2019 5:13 pm

I only bring these two up as they're both skyscrapers, but is it wrong to be more confident in Tacko Fall being a lot less injury prone than Bol Bol?
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets

Post#577 » by NyCeEvO » Thu May 16, 2019 5:19 pm

SpeedyG wrote:
NyCeEvO wrote:
MGrand15 wrote:

He had some kind of severe tendinitis on both knees which limited him. after trying to play through them, he finally decided to have surgery. So far, results seem positive as far as health is concerned...and he's also bulked up.

Sent from my SM-G925T using RealGM mobile app
Didn't we take a look at him before the draft?

I have some vague memory of ND doing a report on him years ago. It didn't surprise me when I read that we got him in the Lin deal, especially if he was a player Marks liked in the past.

NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets

Post#578 » by NyCeEvO » Thu May 16, 2019 5:24 pm

JoseRizal wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
JoseRizal wrote:

But it’s already a given. I don’t think Zion’s camp is foolish enough to go back to college and risk an injury, miss a guaranteed 4 year/$45M contract and a potential $100M shoe deal...
His stepfather just commented on the issue saying that Zion has no plans of going back to Duke and that they look forward to being in the Crescent City. It was all 100% media misinformation.

Plus, Ingram and Kuzma aren't scrubs. They may not be superstars, but they would definitely be an interesting nucleus of players (along with the 4th pick) to surround Zion with. I'd definitely watch them. If you're NOP, I don't see how you can turn that kind of package down.

NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets

Post#579 » by NyCeEvO » Thu May 16, 2019 5:31 pm

Prokorov wrote:I'm looking at the teams ahead of us, and wonder if Jaxson hayes will fall for similar/same reasons jarrett allen fell...

You've always talked about the Nets needing talent. We'd be foolish if we started drafting for need now. If he's BPA, you take him.

Plus, Kenny believes in having a deep rotation. A 7th/8th man is valuable for us.

Having a Jokic/Nurkic-like "problem" down the road is never a bad thing. If they are willing to play together, great; if not, trade one and get a great return.

Prokorov
RealGM

Post#580 » by Prokorov » Thu May 16, 2019 5:56 pm

NyCeEvO wrote:

You've always talked about the Nets needing talent. We'd be foolish if we started drafting for need now. If he's BPA, you take him.

Plus, Kenny believes in having a deep rotation. A 7th/8th man is valuable for us.

Having a Jokic/Nurkic-like "problem" down the road is never a bad thing. If they are willing to play together, great; if not, trade one and get a great return.

yeah i agree... which is why if he slid id hope we consider it. i think he could be as good as allen. and a different drynamic as he is more aggressive

Return to Brooklyn Nets