ImageImageImageImageImage

Official D'Angelo Russell Thread

Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

footworkonpoint
Sophomore
And1: 82

Re: Official D'Angelo Russell Thread 

Post#1561 » by footworkonpoint » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:20 am

I am a huge D'lo fan and I'm so disheartened by this latest set back. Even though a knee contusion is not the same as what he experienced with the Lakers or even the Nets when he missed a few games earlier I just feel like this can't be a good sign maybe it has to do with his play style and he's just constantly exposed to certain knee injuries. I have no idea I just hope for the best and that he doesn't have anymore set backs in his young career he came into the season so focused you can tell he really worked hard over the summer.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#1562 » by Paradise » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:04 pm

Read on Twitter
SpeedyG
RealGM
And1: 1,310

Post#1563 » by SpeedyG » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:20 pm

That stat certainly doesn't pass the eye test
Bless the man if his heart and his land are one ~ FrancisM, R.I.P. 3/6/09
lamscott
Analyst
And1: 3,034

Post#1564 » by lamscott » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:25 pm

Remember when I said to watch out for his knee issues? Sorry guys. Hopefully he gets it straightened out.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 35,862

Post#1565 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:33 pm

SpeedyG wrote:That stat certainly doesn't pass the eye test

His off the ball defense is where he's gotten into trouble. i don't think he's been that bad when defending on the ball

but I agree, some of the stats i've been seeing versus the eye test haven't added up at all.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
lamscott
Analyst
And1: 3,034

Post#1566 » by lamscott » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:55 pm

I gotta give it up most of you guys for being realistic, even with the stats. Most Lakers fans would have touted stat and proclaimed Hinman and all-star:

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1567 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:03 am

lamscott wrote:I gotta give it up most of you guys for being realistic, even with the stats. Most Lakers fans would have touted stat and proclaimed Hinman and all-star:

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

we're pretty objective as a whole on here. years of getting your asses kicked will do that to a fanbase.

Ror1997
Analyst
And1: 911

Post#1568 » by Ror1997 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:04 am

DLo had surgery???
shakendfries
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,063

Post#1569 » by shakendfries » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:08 am

Ror1997 wrote:DLo had surgery???

no, he had sergey. he's best buds with karasev and thinks he'd be a great addition to our team in long island. :banghead:
ImageImage

"Kevin Durant is not coming to the Nets. If I'm wrong, I will change my avatar to anything you request no matter how humiliating it is." - MrDollarBills, 10/22/18
Princeinrevolt
Rookie
And1: 529

Post#1570 » by Princeinrevolt » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:25 am

SpeedyG wrote:That stat certainly doesn't pass the eye test

Stats don't lie.
moonpie
General Manager
And1: 2,684

Post#1571 » by moonpie » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:22 pm

Read on Twitter
LKIRNets
Starter
And1: 598

Post#1572 » by LKIRNets » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:26 am

moonpie wrote:
Read on Twitter

the real teacher/student relationship begins.
LKIRNets
Starter

Post#1573 » by LKIRNets » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:44 am

https://www.newsday.com/sports/basketball/knicks/nets-grizzlies-1.15210491

The injury is not related to troubles he experienced in the same knee last season with the Lakers.

“It’s just more of a strength factor for me now,” Russell said. “It’s not a reoccurring injury, it’s not something that affected me from last year or anything like that.”

yall know I don't buy this part. They never operated his knee on the Lakers. How isn't it related to his days w/ them? Bruh they found loose material in your knee. That's all the banging you took from rookie to sophmore season wit no surgery.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1574 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:50 am

LKIRNets wrote:https://www.newsday.com/sports/basketball/knicks/nets-grizzlies-1.15210491

The injury is not related to troubles he experienced in the same knee last season with the Lakers.

“It’s just more of a strength factor for me now,” Russell said. “It’s not a reoccurring injury, it’s not something that affected me from last year or anything like that.”

yall know I don't buy this part. They never operated his knee on the Lakers. How isn't it related to his days w/ them? Bruh they found loose material in your knee. That's all the banging you took from rookie to sophmore season wit no surgery.

Better now than never.

and honestly, **** the Lakers. they're still talking **** about this kid https://nypost.com/2017/11/25/lakers-assistant-caught-dissing-dangelo-russell-on-hot-mic/

it's sad to see how obsessed they are with this kid to badmouth him every chance that they get just to justify that trade. a reckoning will be coming soon enough.

LKIRNets
Starter

Post#1575 » by LKIRNets » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:20 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
LKIRNets wrote:https://www.newsday.com/sports/basketball/knicks/nets-grizzlies-1.15210491

Better now than never.

and honestly, **** the Lakers. they're still talking **** about this kid https://nypost.com/2017/11/25/lakers-assistant-caught-dissing-dangelo-russell-on-hot-mic/

it's sad to see how obsessed they are with this kid to badmouth him every chance that they get just to justify that trade. a reckoning will be coming soon enough.

True bro. True.

I've learned in this business, they will throw a kid down a well to save a job or two.

How is your 19 or 20 year old PG complaining about pain, when you're catering to Kobe and you decide. 'Nah he shouldn't get cut open' Bruh I'm reading this and thinking of all that pain in that knee that this kid had to play through. And we're the ONLY ONES who said get it fixed.

YO ON THE REAL! **** THE LAKERS :evil:

When I read, loose material cleaning in his report wit us. I screamed YOU *****NG THINK!
SenseJr
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#1576 » by SenseJr » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:45 am

when is dangelo russell expected to make his return?
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#1577 » by Prokorov » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:24 pm

of course you dont buy it.... you are a troll on his 3rd or 4th account, which will also soon be suspended pretending to be a dlo fan but really just here to troll him.

STFU and GTFO
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#1578 » by Prokorov » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:25 pm

SenseJr wrote:when is dangelo russell expected to make his return?

no timetable yet for a return.
kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Post#1579 » by kamaze » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:53 pm

Boom. He didn't have surgery last year this year he did. Doesn't matter which knee it was the key is it's his knees that give him problems, hopefully after the surgery he's good to go.
I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1580 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:54 pm

LKIRNets wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Better now than never.

True bro. True.

I've learned in this business, they will throw a kid down a well to save a job or two.

How is your 19 or 20 year old PG complaining about pain, when you're catering to Kobe and you decide. 'Nah he shouldn't get cut open' Bruh I'm reading this and thinking of all that pain in that knee that this kid had to play through. And we're the ONLY ONES who said get it fixed.

YO ON THE REAL! **** THE LAKERS :evil:

When I read, loose material cleaning in his report wit us. I screamed YOU *****NG THINK!

I am not privy to 100% of what happened, nor do I think that Russell was some angel over there either, but to me the way his rookie season was handled (the whole kobe farewell tour thing) and the constant knee issues says to me that things weren't handled on the up and up over there. That's just conjecture though.

But still, eff them. The way that they take shots at this kid even after the fact that he's gone says to me that D'Angelo didn't really learn a whole lot about professionalism from those backbiters. I look forward to the Lakers visit to Barclays, I want to bury those ass holes now.

Return to Brooklyn Nets