Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,491

Re: Official D'Angelo Russell Thread 

Post#1601 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Jan 6, 2018 1:16 pm

Paradise wrote:
steady wrote:

In case some of y'all are forgetting just how good DAngelo is.

Yep. Remember when everyone thought he’d be a huge distraction or something?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

Yep I remember. I remember people saying that he'd have to come off of the bench too :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach
And1: 3,579

Post#1602 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Sat Jan 6, 2018 5:39 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Paradise wrote:
steady wrote:

Yep I remember. I remember people saying that he'd have to come off of the bench too :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

The linsecurity was at an all time high this summer :lol:
kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Post#1603 » by kamaze » Sat Jan 6, 2018 5:55 pm

Mosdefinition wrote:
LKIRNets wrote:
Mosdefinition wrote:My feeling is he will be back after the all star break

Try 3rd week of January. He's already sprinting in football fields.

I'm hoping so but I rather then be as cautious as possible

There's no rush to get him back out there when he's back I want to see him back for the rest of the year. They're deep at the guard positions.
I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton
Ror1997
Analyst
And1: 911

Post#1604 » by Ror1997 » Sat Jan 6, 2018 8:04 pm

TheBrooklynKidd wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Paradise wrote:Yep. Remember when everyone thought he’d be a huge distraction or something?

The linsecurity was at an all time high this summer :lol:

Good thing the Lin fans stopped caring about the nets in our first game of the season. The dinwiddie hate would be unbearable from them.
bws94
Head Coach
And1: 1,222

Post#1605 » by bws94 » Sat Jan 6, 2018 8:34 pm

There are fans of Lin are still watching Nets games and posting here. You guys get stuck on these extreme posters and characterize them as "Lin fans". They are, but I call them "Lin-centric". at the same time, there are fans that follow Lin and basketball in general that love watching the young Nets. So, a little credit for some of us, maybe? And, heal thoroughly DLo and build chemistry with the team.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1606 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Jan 6, 2018 8:37 pm

well, there's a couple of fans that still watch the games and actively comment on the team on here. shout out to them.

*didn't want this to turn into a Lin fan bashing derailment*

edit: I didn't see bws' comment, but he is one of the Lin fans I am talking about. Roy Tarpley as well.

Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Official D'Angelo Russell Thread 

Post#1607 » by Paradise » Sun Jan 7, 2018 4:23 pm

I thought the Lakers were going to take off without that cancer D’Lo?

Where’s the Lonzo leadership?

Read on Twitter

Lakers were at .500 last season in January. They are currently 11-27 now. What happened, Magic?
TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach
And1: 3,579

Post#1608 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Sun Jan 7, 2018 4:47 pm

Paradise wrote:I thought the Lakers were going to take off without that cancer D’Lo?

Where’s the Lonzo leadership?

Read on Twitter

Lakers were at .500 last season in January. They are currently 11-27 now. What happened, Magic?

The Lakers are a joke and traded away their best player to make room for the biggest distraction I can remember. Sean Marks stays capitalizing on other team’s incompetency.

Good luck signing FAs when the team is terrible and Lavar is talking **** left and right.
steady
Veteran
And1: 1,351

Post#1609 » by steady » Sun Jan 7, 2018 5:42 pm

There's been a problem with Lakers' locker room and management for a while. This should not be a surprise to anyone. Mozgov even said something (general) about that in a Russian interview over the summer. I thought one of the weakest things they did was blaming DLo for that and shipping him out, when it was plainly something much bigger than him.

I don't dislike Walton, but I thought it was weak a** of him to go along with Management's decision to come down hard on DLo the way they did.

Only downside of this from a Nets' fan point of view is,... the Celtics possibly getting another top five draft pick
LKIRNets
Starter
And1: 598

Post#1610 » by LKIRNets » Sun Jan 7, 2018 6:33 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Paradise wrote:
steady wrote:

this was before I signed to the Nets board. And I lurked reading those comments thinking... this isn't a popularity contest. Why in the world would you take a talented 20-5-5 is his potential, we haven't even gotten to his ceiling. But when I read put him on the bench, MANNNNNNNNNNNNNNN.... the words that were coming out of my mouth after reading those comments. A 21 year old stud.
IceManBK1
Analyst
And1: 330

Post#1611 » by IceManBK1 » Sun Jan 7, 2018 9:38 pm

LKIRNets wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Paradise wrote:Yep. Remember when everyone thought he’d be a huge distraction or something?

this was before I signed to the Nets board. And I lurked reading those comments thinking... this isn't a popularity contest. Why in the world would you take a talented 20-5-5 is his potential, we haven't even gotten to his ceiling. But when I read put him on the bench, MANNNNNNNNNNNNNNN.... the words that were coming out of my mouth after reading those comments. A 21 year old stud.

Dlo's stats would be more amazing if he was playing 36mins a game and jacking up 20+plus shots a game. But Dlo's too unselfish for that. I missed watching Dlo play. Hopefully he can come back within the next week or two.
steady
Veteran
And1: 1,351

Post#1612 » by steady » Sun Jan 7, 2018 11:41 pm

IceManBK1 wrote:
LKIRNets wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Dlo's stats would be more amazing if he was playing 36mins a game and jacking up 20+plus shots a game. But Dlo's too unselfish for that. I missed watching Dlo play. Hopefully he can come back within the next week or two.

Ok I am a big DAngelo Russell fan, but I think shot selection is one area he needs to improve in. He's not taking over 20 shots per game only because he's averaging 27.8 minutes per game. In those 27.8 minutes, he is averaging 17.1 field goal attempts.

If you take that ratio and compute what that means for how many FGAs per 36 minutes -- it is 22.1 field goal attempts per 36 minutes. That's really high -- higher than LeBron James high. And DAngelo's FG % is only 46.3 percent

I definitely don't think he is a selfish player, but he has had to take more of the primary scoring load in past and he is going to have to learn that is not necessary here.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1613 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Jan 8, 2018 12:28 am

He hasn't played selfish at all, the coach just wants him to cut down on the long two pointers. so shot selection is definitely an area that needs work.

LKIRNets
Starter

Post#1614 » by LKIRNets » Mon Jan 8, 2018 3:04 am

DLo needs to improve the range selection. It's one thing being a .533% from 10-21 feet. That's good.

We need him to understand when you're taking shots from 18-21 feet, btw 57% there. We need your shots to come from that 3 point line at 23 feet. Bc the system is built to enhance all the weapons and space the floor that way. When we SnR wit a big, we'd like it spread out to that 3 pt line in order to reduce the chances of defenses collapsing on us.

Other than that, he's been unselfish, just needs to buy in wit turning down that 18-21 foot chance for himself and get a teammate involved in from that 3 point line to get a SnR deuce or a corner 3.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1615 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Jan 8, 2018 3:11 am

exactly. if he's inside of the arc either he should be going to the basket or looking to create a 3 point bomb for one of the shooters. from 23 feet if he's got the space, let it rip from down town. Kenny and the staff are using the same logic with Russell that they used with Brook Lopez.

LKIRNets
Starter

Post#1616 » by LKIRNets » Mon Jan 8, 2018 3:16 am

MrDollarBills wrote:exactly. if he's inside of the arc either he should be going to the basket or looking to create a 3 point bomb for one of the shooters. from 23 feet if he's got the space, let it rip from down town. Kenny and the staff are using the same logic with Russell that they used with Brook Lopez.

it's a big adjustment. B/c I guarantee you he's looking at Rondae and saying I can do that. And old schoolers want teams to quit shooting 3's so much, but what they don't understand, it's said that way b/c back in the day there were terrible shooters. But being 57-60% from 21 feet. Bro 2 more feet, that's an extra point we're not putting up per possession. I think our players are figuring out at least that part. Like that shot is there to keep bigs on the floor. That's what we want that 18-22 feet spot for not the guard, chances are if you're shooting it from there, the ball ain't moving from the guard.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1617 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Jan 8, 2018 3:34 am

He's more efficient than Rondae is from 23 feet out, I would hope that he isn't thinking like that.

Let Rondae and Jahlil operate inside of the arc. the guards need to get to the rim, dish to the open shooter or roll man, or shoot threes

LKIRNets
Starter

Post#1618 » by LKIRNets » Mon Jan 8, 2018 3:38 am

MrDollarBills wrote:He's more efficient than Rondae is from 23 feet out, I would hope that he isn't thinking like that.

Let Rondae and Jahlil operate inside of the arc. the guards need to get to the rim, dish to the open shooter or roll man, or shoot threes

I agree.

I think he's buying in now, b/c he's seeing it more. All these weeks, he's been sitting next to Kenny, and seeing, oh that's what being up there does for this guy, that guy, the other guy. Sometimes you need to see it. And I just think he now, especially since it was brought up in coaches assessment of him, now he knows what the offense needs. He knows what he's expected to do.
Mulhollanddrive
RealGM
And1: 7,912

Post#1619 » by Mulhollanddrive » Mon Jan 8, 2018 4:04 am

Do you guys rate Russell or Dinwiddie higher?
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1620 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Jan 8, 2018 4:13 am

LKIRNets wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:He's more efficient than Rondae is from 23 feet out, I would hope that he isn't thinking like that.

I agree.

I think he's buying in now, b/c he's seeing it more. All these weeks, he's been sitting next to Kenny, and seeing, oh that's what being up there does for this guy, that guy, the other guy. Sometimes you need to see it. And I just think he now, especially since it was brought up in coaches assessment of him, now he knows what the offense needs. He knows what he's expected to do.

he's been the biggest cheerleader on the bench. we will see though.

Return to Brooklyn Nets