ImageImageImageImageImage

Official D'Angelo Russell Thread

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

yanuary
Rookie
And1: 608

Re: Official D'Angelo Russell Thread 

Post#2061 » by yanuary » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:45 am

Love his game today, robbery call (charge not 2+1) broke his (and Nets) game.

Like how he and Kenny cooperate. His development is marathon not sprint
clyde21 wrote:sell high on Ingram, this is Zion's team now, there is no room for that black hole that is BI

clyde21 wrote:bench Ingram for NAW, already a better player
HoopsMalone
Veteran
And1: 1,548

Post#2062 » by HoopsMalone » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:48 am

TheBrooklynKidd wrote:
Unfortunately every single evaluation you made is horribly off and you clearly haven’t been watching the team.

Your evaluation of LeVert as an end of the bench player is a joke. I can’t tell if you’re trolling or not. You should truly be embarrassed for even typing that. Clearly you have no ability to evaluate players, even after he destroyed your team in the 4th quarter a couple of days ago.

Allen already shows a great offensive touch on floaters, hooks, 3pt/midrange and is a plus defender. This is where your lack of knowledge shows the most. To say that he got worse when he actually got better and every statistic shows that is absurd. Again we can tell that you don’t watch the team and you’re completely bull****ing your evaluations.

Crabbe hasn’t backfired at all he had a slump early in the season but since the new year he’s been fantastic and recently he’s been amazing including when he s*** on your team just like LeVert.

MKG has never produced like RHJ has this season. His offense is a joke compared to RHJ. It’s insulting to even compare RHJ to the player with the worst shooting form in recent NBA history.

Cody Zeller is awful for a 4th overall pick. There’s no getting around it. I laughed when they took him. There’s no way to justify that pick. He’s barely better than his brother and no competent front office would pick him over our own Jarrett Allen.

TL;DR- We can tell you haven’t watched the team this season and you’re just here to troll. Or your ability to evaluate players is nonexistent just like your team’s front office. The Hornets wish that they had the prospects we have. Instead they’re faced with a looming rebuild centered around Malik Monk and his 5 ppg on 30% from the field.

I don't want to come off as trolling you on your own board but a lot of this stuff is simply not true.

Cody has been a terrific player every year but this year. One of the more impactful centers in the league.

Levert has had a bad season by terms of impact on the court. As has Jarrett Allen. I get that they are young players and could definitely improve. But right now they are no bueno. Monk is beyond terrible so we don't need to go there.

RHJ has yet to become a positive impact player either. He's showing some potential but he's getting older and I think he really needs to show something next year. Getting a rotation player in the 20's is good scouting, but you cant build around guys like this.

There are a lot of free agents coming available in the next two offseasons with ZERO cap space. Mozgov was clearly a mistake. DMC has been a pretty good player but it will be hard to move his contract and that first rounder is very late.
HoopsMalone
Veteran

Post#2063 » by HoopsMalone » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:06 am

TheBrooklynKidd wrote:
TinmanZBoy wrote:
bws94 wrote:
Yeah, MKG is a bust. The Nets have a good young core but need more veterans to mentor that young talent. DMC is doing a great job of it, Lin will while he's with the team and I like what Cunningham is bringing although I don't know what he does behind the scenes much. Mozgov, not so much from what I can tell. Picks are a gamble, may work, may not. I'm for the mix, lots of young talent, but the veterans are crucial for moving a young team forward.

MKG is a bust? he is underperforming, but he is not a bust... he impacts the game so many ways...

He’s 100% a bust compared to where he was taken and the players taken after him. Anyone who was taken before Bradley Beal, Harrison Barnes, Andre Drummond and Damian lillard and averages less than 10 ppg is a bust. Even his defense has regressed.

No doubt his defense is regressed but you can't be serious with Harrison Barnes... the Mavs have been atrocious with him on the court this year...
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,883

Post#2064 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:06 am

HoopsMalone wrote:
TheBrooklynKidd wrote:
Unfortunately every single evaluation you made is horribly off and you clearly haven’t been watching the team.

Your evaluation of LeVert as an end of the bench player is a joke. I can’t tell if you’re trolling or not. You should truly be embarrassed for even typing that. Clearly you have no ability to evaluate players, even after he destroyed your team in the 4th quarter a couple of days ago.

Allen already shows a great offensive touch on floaters, hooks, 3pt/midrange and is a plus defender. This is where your lack of knowledge shows the most. To say that he got worse when he actually got better and every statistic shows that is absurd. Again we can tell that you don’t watch the team and you’re completely bull****ing your evaluations.

Crabbe hasn’t backfired at all he had a slump early in the season but since the new year he’s been fantastic and recently he’s been amazing including when he s*** on your team just like LeVert.

MKG has never produced like RHJ has this season. His offense is a joke compared to RHJ. It’s insulting to even compare RHJ to the player with the worst shooting form in recent NBA history.

Cody Zeller is awful for a 4th overall pick. There’s no getting around it. I laughed when they took him. There’s no way to justify that pick. He’s barely better than his brother and no competent front office would pick him over our own Jarrett Allen.

TL;DR- We can tell you haven’t watched the team this season and you’re just here to troll. Or your ability to evaluate players is nonexistent just like your team’s front office. The Hornets wish that they had the prospects we have. Instead they’re faced with a looming rebuild centered around Malik Monk and his 5 ppg on 30% from the field.

I don't want to come off as trolling you on your own board but a lot of this stuff is simply not true.

Cody has been a terrific player every year but this year. One of the more impactful centers in the league.

Levert has had a bad season by terms of impact on the court. As has Jarrett Allen. I get that they are young players and could definitely improve. But right now they are no bueno. Monk is beyond terrible so we don't need to go there.

RHJ has yet to become a positive impact player either. He's showing some potential but he's getting older and I think he really needs to show something next year. Getting a rotation player in the 20's is good scouting, but you cant build around guys like this.

There are a lot of free agents coming available in the next two offseasons with ZERO cap space. Mozgov was clearly a mistake. DMC has been a pretty good player but it will be hard to move his contract and that first rounder is very late.

This is utter and complete nonsense, especially your comments about RHJ and Allen.

You admit that you don't watch the games, but you offer these opinions with zero substance to back them up. You are indeed trolling this forum, but i will let the mods decide whether or not your baseless commentary deserves to remain on here.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#2065 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:11 am

yanuary wrote:Love his game today, robbery call (charge not 2+1) broke his (and Nets) game.

Today I thought he was excellent. He was hitting the deep ball and was so so turnover wise (he had a real bad one in the 4th, but the game was over by then anyway). This is why I don't understand why people on here want to bail on this kid when its still a work in progress. In order for him to really take that next step he has to hit his 3point attempts at a good clip. he also was robbed on multiple calls.

Likewise, LeVert was largely ineffective tonight (he had a really nice drive and dish to RHJ for a hammer dunk) and couldn't get past Philly's length.

This is why I said both players are young, inconsistent and need time. We shouldn't be favoring one guy over the other frankly if the Nets are going to become a great team in a few years we will need BOTH guys to develop properly.

TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach
And1: 3,584

Post#2066 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:17 am

HoopsMalone wrote:
TheBrooklynKidd wrote:

Once again you prove you know nothing about the team.

Cody Zeller has not been terrific. No one wants him and his 7 ppg no shooting, no defense playing ass.

Levert, Rondae and Allen have all been impactful. The stats say they have been and you just said you haven’t watched the games so everything you spew is just hater bull****. Especially since they all have better regular/advanced stats than Cody Zeller who you claim to be “terrific”.

We have 13 mill in space this off season with capholds waiting to be renounced and in 2019 we will have over 50 million in cap space and the season after that Mozgov comes off the books. You have no clue what you’re talking about whatsoever. Gtfo of here with that capped out nonsense. Maybe look at a spread sheet before you embarrass yourself by making false claims.

The Mozgov “mistake” you talk about (D’Angelo) just put up 26 points tonight. The Demarre Carroll contract you talk about expires next season and Demarre is having arguably the best year of his career.

You come off as a troll because everything you claim is grossly misinformed and you admit to not watching the team yet come on here talking like you know anything about them.
TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach

Post#2067 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:26 am

HoopsMalone wrote:
TheBrooklynKidd wrote:
TinmanZBoy wrote:
MKG is a bust? he is underperforming, but he is not a bust... he impacts the game so many ways...

He’s 100% a bust compared to where he was taken and the players taken after him. Anyone who was taken before Bradley Beal, Harrison Barnes, Andre Drummond and Damian lillard and averages less than 10 ppg is a bust. Even his defense has regressed.

No doubt his defense is regressed but you can't be serious with Harrison Barnes... the Mavs have been atrocious with him on the court this year...

Harrison Barnes is infinitely better on the offensive end and a versatile defender. Of course I’m serious about him.
HoopsMalone
Veteran

Post#2068 » by HoopsMalone » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:35 am

TheBrooklynKidd wrote:
HoopsMalone wrote:
TheBrooklynKidd wrote:

Cody Zeller has not been terrific. No one wants him and his 7 ppg no shooting, no defense playing ass.

Levert, Rondae and Allen have all been impactful. The stats say they have been and you just said you haven’t watched the games so everything you spew is just hater bull****. Especially since they all have better regular/advanced stats than Cody Zeller who you claim to be “terrific”.

We have 13 mill in space this off season with capholds waiting to be renounced and in 2019 we will have over 50 million in cap space and the season after that Mozgov comes off the books. You have no clue what you’re talking about whatsoever. Gtfo of here with that capped out nonsense. Maybe look at a spread sheet before you embarrass yourself by making false claims.

The Mozgov “mistake” you talk about (D’Angelo) just put up 26 points tonight. The Demarre Carroll contract you talk about expires next season and Demarre is having the best year of his career.

You come off as a troll because everything you claim is grossly misinformed and you admit to not watching the team yet come on here talking like you know anything about them.

All of your internal improvement this year came from Spencer Dinwiddie who morphed into a stud. The rest of the guys are really not producing when you look at the metrics.

Zeller was an excellent defender last year. In fact, he was one of the better defensive players in the entire NBA each of the past three seasons. Borderline elite. To say he's "no defense playing" makes no sense. He was part of one of the very best 5 man units in the NBA the last two seasons...

Amyway, enough about the Hornets already. I came here to talk about the Nets. I like the system Marks runs but you guys are going to need to get some talent in here. I'd like to see them try to trade all the young guys for picks and really try to build a great team around Dinwiddie. IMO, You don't want to sign guys like RHJ past their rookie contract. Those guys are generally slight negative value or huge negative value (if they get injured) on their second contract.
TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach

Post#2069 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:41 am

HoopsMalone wrote:
TheBrooklynKidd wrote:
HoopsMalone wrote:

The Mozgov “mistake” you talk about (D’Angelo) just put up 26 points tonight. The Demarre Carroll contract you talk about expires next season and Demarre is having the best year of his career.

All of your internal improvement this year came from Spencer Dinwiddie who morphed into a stud. The rest of the guys are really not producing when you look at the metrics.

Zeller was an excellent defender last year. In fact, he was one of the better defensive players in the entire NBA each of the past three seasons. Borderline elite. To say he's "no defense playing" makes no sense. He was part of one of the very best 5 man units in the NBA the last two seasons...

Amyway, enough about the Hornets already. I came here to talk about the Nets. I like the system Marks runs but you guys are going to need to get some talent in here. I'd like to see them try to trade all the young guys for picks and really try to build a great team around Dinwiddie. IMO, You don't want to sign guys like RHJ past their rookie contract. Those guys are generally slight negative value or huge negative value (if they get injured) on their second contract.

The fact that you think those things and that we should build around Dinwiddie and trade everyone else for picks shows you’re truly delusional about the value and potential of these players.

They are producing when you look at metrics. And it’s about the long term development anyway, not this season. They’ve all shown improvement, literally every single one but again you don’t watch the games you just base claims on... what do you even base your claims on?

You admit to not watching the team but say absurd and definitive things about their potential and future. That means you’re full of ****.
LKIRNets
Starter
And1: 598

Post#2070 » by LKIRNets » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:53 am

This thread is about D'Angelo Russell. Why has it gone so off topic?
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#2071 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:56 am

HoopsMalone wrote:
TheBrooklynKidd wrote:
HoopsMalone wrote:

Spencer Dinwiddie is the only one who has improved? have you looked at Hollis-Jefferson's metrics? Caris LeVert's start to this season and where he is now is night and day. what the **** are you talking about?

how do you even make these comments while not watching games? do Nets fans come on the hornets board and make blanket statements about your players? No, because in reality none of us watch the games of a team we beat the goddamn **** out of the other day.

and also, if you haven't noticed, which you haven't since you don't watch games, Dinwiddie has hit a wall since all star break. his assists are up but his overall efficiency is in the toilet. you need to seriously rediscover your humility and exit out of this conversation because you sound like a goddamn fool right now.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#2072 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:01 am

LKIRNets wrote:This thread is about D'Angelo Russell. Why has it gone so off topic?

Because HoopsMalone has once again decided to troll this forum.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#2073 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:03 am

TheBrooklynKidd wrote:
HoopsMalone wrote:
TheBrooklynKidd wrote:

The Mozgov “mistake” you talk about (D’Angelo) just put up 26 points tonight. The Demarre Carroll contract you talk about expires next season and Demarre is having arguably the best year of his career.

I'd rather have Tyler Zeller over Cody Zeller. This guy is either a **** ing idiot to the core or he's trying to stoke some flames. either way, it won't end well for him.

LKIRNets
Starter
And1: 598

Post#2074 » by LKIRNets » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:07 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
LKIRNets wrote:This thread is about D'Angelo Russell. Why has it gone so off topic?

Can we just ignore him?
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#2075 » by Prokorov » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:51 pm

Mods need to step up.

be better, :D
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#2076 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:18 pm

LKIRNets wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Can we just ignore him?

we should in theory.

it's just real annoying when some ass hole who doesn't watch this team play on a regular basis tries to come on here trying to spew hot takes. like seriously, who does that?

this board has become a honeypot trap for trolls and idiots ever since we acquired Jeremy and D'Angelo :lol: i dunno whether thats a good or bad thing.

HoopsMalone
Veteran

Post#2077 » by HoopsMalone » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:46 pm

I'm gonna exit the thread because you guys are getting way too irrational here. I disagree with all of your assessments by 1,000% and I dont know how to really engage with you at this point without coming off as trolling.

I didnt think the DAR/Mozgov trade was horrible at the time, but i think it's clearly backfired. That's okay if you disagree. I guess we'll find out for sure next year really.
TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach

Post#2078 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:56 pm

HoopsMalone wrote:I'm gonna exit the thread because you guys are getting way too irrational here. I disagree with all of your assessments by 1,000% and I dont know how to really engage with you at this point without coming off as trolling.

I didnt think the DAR/Mozgov trade was horrible at the time, but i think it's clearly backfired. That's okay if you disagree. I guess we'll find out for sure next year really.

But you’re not qualified to disagree. Like you said, you don’t watch the games. How can you form an opinion without watching games? It’s complete nonsense. Imagine if someone went on your board spewing false bull**** like “Kemba Walker is a bottom 5 PG in the NBA, I don’t watch games tho” :crazy:
TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach

Post#2079 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:11 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
yanuary wrote:Love his game today, robbery call (charge not 2+1) broke his (and Nets) game.

Today I thought he was excellent. He was hitting the deep ball and was so so turnover wise (he had a real bad one in the 4th, but the game was over by then anyway). This is why I don't understand why people on here want to bail on this kid when its still a work in progress. In order for him to really take that next step he has to hit his 3point attempts at a good clip. he also was robbed on multiple calls.

Likewise, LeVert was largely ineffective tonight (he had a really nice drive and dish to RHJ for a hammer dunk) and couldn't get past Philly's length.

This is why I said both players are young, inconsistent and need time. We shouldn't be favoring one guy over the other frankly if the Nets are going to become a great team in a few years we will need BOTH guys to develop properly.

D’angelo was great last night. LeVert would’ve been great if he had been given an opportunity but Dinwiddie wanted to play iso ball and not give anyone else a chance to run the offense. It’s also on LeVert for not being aggressive enough and demanding the ball, he’s not immune from criticism. His biggest issue is that he coasts through games.

Dinwiddie has been really out of line recently and he has to understand that Russell and LeVert aren’t injured anymore. I’m tired of seeing him dribble the ball at the top of the key for 15 seconds and then take an ill advised contested shot. He needs to play within the offense instead of trying to BE the offense. The best part about D’angelos game last night was the fact that he played within the offense and was decisive when he caught the ball. The reason Dinwiddie’s percentages are so bad is because he thinks he needs to do everything IMO.
HoopsMalone
Veteran

Post#2080 » by HoopsMalone » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:37 pm

TheBrooklynKidd wrote:
HoopsMalone wrote:I'm gonna exit the thread because you guys are getting way too irrational here. I disagree with all of your assessments by 1,000% and I dont know how to really engage with you at this point without coming off as trolling.

But you’re not qualified to disagree. Like you said, you don’t watch the games. How can you form an opinion without watching games? It’s complete nonsense. Imagine if someone went on your board spewing false bull**** like “Kemba Walker is a bottom 5 PG in the NBA, I don’t watch games tho” :crazy:

LOL, I'm not qualified? I watch 1-2 NBA games every night. But watching the Nets doesn't "qualify" you to assess them either if you're just going to totally ignore all the data and just shout everyone down who does use it.

Return to Brooklyn Nets