He brings defense and rebounds anything he does after that is gravy
I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton
DartboardT
Junior
And1: 53

Re: Official Timofey Mozgov Thread 

Post#42 » by DartboardT » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:29 pm

To be fair, no one was holding their breath for Brook to turn himself into a kind of an Al Horford last season either. ;)

Keith Van Horn wrote:
Ror1997 wrote:Its funny. Mozgovs contract was the reason he was traded, so you kind forget about Mosgov the player and just focus on Mosgov the contract. So Mosgov the player is kinda like a throw in.

Like everybody else is saying, he'll never live up to his contract, but I think he'll definitely surprise people and people will remember he can still be a serviceable Center. I don't think he'll just be a player filling in a role, I think he'll be a guy who makes the team better.

great point man.

I think he'll be the starter here, if not for most of the season then maybe all of it. He's not a negative player, he's going to take the pressure of Allen to contribute right away, and he's got rapport with Kenny. He's also one of the oldest (if not the oldest now) players on the team, so he knows he's going to have to mentor and lead to an extent. I think he'll embrace his role with the Nets and surprise a lot of people with what he can do.

Now will he start knocking down 3s? that'd be great, but I won't hold my breath for him to be as good of a 3 point shooter as Brook was. He will however, get rebounds and finish at the rim better than Brook though.

I'll be excited to see RHJ and Moz paired together around the rim and expect a lot of big dunks from these duds.
kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Post#43 » by kamaze » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:06 pm

I got my fingers crossed that they bring back Acy too. Hes got the hustleman mentality and hes a good teamate that can play three positions.
I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#44 » by ChokeFasncists » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:26 pm

I think he will be shooting a lot of threes, whether he makes a high percentage is another story.
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
steady
Veteran
And1: 1,351

Post#45 » by steady » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:15 am

kamaze wrote:He brings defense and rebounds anything he does after that is gravy

Don't forget bone crushing screens

I remember in the 2015 finals when he just leveled Steph Curry just by casually stepping into Currys path.

It was human colliding with solid brick wall
SubZero
Junior
And1: 185

Post#46 » by SubZero » Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:12 am

my fav game from his this yr
Princeinrevolt
Rookie
And1: 529

Post#47 » by Princeinrevolt » Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:17 am

Season Highlights - Timofey MozGOD
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,847

Post#48 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:03 am

Do you guys think that he'll be able to come close to his per 36 numbers?

just give me 8 pts, 7 rebs, and a block per game and i'm fine. I have always been a Mozgov guy.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#49 » by ChokeFasncists » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:08 am

BallnIngram wrote:Edit-also you guys should temper your expectations on mozgov rebounding, he is terrible. He makes Brook 7reb look like an elite rebounder

No chance I believe you.

Either he was unmotivated or he was unhealthy.

Mozgov averaged around 10 rebound per 36, 8.6 last year.
Lopez around 8, 6.5 last year
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
NoZoLakers
General Manager
And1: 3,358

Post#50 » by NoZoLakers » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:13 am

ChokeFasncists wrote:
BallnIngram wrote:Edit-also you guys should temper your expectations on mozgov rebounding, he is terrible. He makes Brook 7reb look like an elite rebounder

No chance I believe you.

Per36 isnt applicable to Moz, if he could play those kind of minutes he already done so, in his career he never plays that much. So you say unhealthy or unmotivated, why why he be motivated in bk? And at his peak he barely avg 7/gm. You'll see for yourself next yr, dont say i didn't warn you.
Princeinrevolt
Rookie
And1: 529

Post#51 » by Princeinrevolt » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:31 am

Per 36 is applicable because he doesn't play that many minutes. I don't remember a moment where I thought Mozgov was a bad rebounder, and I watched every Lakers game last season.
NoZoLakers
General Manager

Post#52 » by NoZoLakers » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:10 am

Princeinrevolt wrote:Per 36 is applicable because he doesn't play that many minutes. I don't remember a moment where I thought Mozgov was a bad rebounder, and I watched every Lakers game last season.

He played 25mins at his peak, if you think youre getting 30+mins from this guy i feel sorry for you. This dude had games with 0-3 reb gms playing nearly 20mins, that freaking dam embarrasing for someone thats 7'1
Curns13
Pro Prospect
And1: 267

Post#53 » by Curns13 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:43 am

BallnIngram wrote:
Princeinrevolt wrote:Per 36 is applicable because he doesn't play that many minutes. I don't remember a moment where I thought Mozgov was a bad rebounder, and I watched every Lakers game last season.

He played 25mins at his peak, if you think youre getting 30+mins from this guy i feel sorry for you. This dude had games with 0-3 reb gms playing nearly 20mins, that freaking dam embarrasing for someone thats 7'1

Perhaps you've heard of Brook Lopez. We are used to centres who don't rebound. Last year was Mozgov's worst rebounding year and it was still better than Lopez's career average. Last year Lopez's TRB% was 9.6, Mozgov's was 13.1. And Lopez only played 30mpg so with Allen learning his trade we don't Mozgov to ever play 30 minutes. If he can give us 20mpg with improved rebounding and team defense, you won't find a disappointed Nets fan in sight.
Vae Victus
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,838

Post#54 » by Vae Victus » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:17 am

Mozgov gonna git a double double on 27 mins a game next year.

When a big guy feels involved on offense they tend to come alive in all facets of the game like rebounding and defense. Its similar to how BroLo looks way more alive on offense when he gets the ball and becomes sluggish when he's off ball.

With Lin and DLo running alot of motion strong and PnR action, Mozgov is gonna either be left wide open to shoot outside as defenses scramble to stop our wings from setting screens and getting open, or he's gonna rim run like a mofo and get lobs to finish. Lin will definitely find him down cutting or fighting for position down low on penetration and if Mozgov can finish above the rim thats good for at least 2 dunks a game.

Mozgov will basically show what Mitch and Jim Buss were signing him for. Sadly he wasnt able to fully show his game due to his misutilization by the Lakers.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#55 » by Prokorov » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:39 pm

BallnIngram wrote:
ChokeFasncists wrote:

No chance I believe you.

Per36 isnt applicable to Moz, if he could play those kind of minutes he already done so, in his career he never plays that much. So you say unhealthy or unmotivated, why why he be motivated in bk? And at his peak he barely avg 7/gm. You'll see for yourself next yr, dont say i didn't warn you.

PER36 isnt applicable to lopez either as he doesnt have the stamina to do it

Mozgov grabbe 5 rebounds a game in 20 minutes last year

Lopez grabbed 5.5 rebounds a game in 30 minutes last year

lopez is the worst rebounding 7 footer the game has ever seen.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#56 » by Prokorov » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:41 pm

BallnIngram wrote:

Lopez played 33 minutes vs. the cavs and grabbed ONE rebound

32 v houston with one rebound

28 vs denver with one rebound

33 vs atlanta with one rebound

there is no way mozgov is as close to as bad a rebounder as lopez. that is absurd
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#57 » by Prokorov » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:46 pm

There is just no chance mozgov is worse then lopez in the rebounding or defense departments. brook was as bad as it gets there
Ror1997
Analyst
And1: 911

Post#58 » by Ror1997 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:46 pm

Our rebounding isn't as bad as it seems. Lopez gettingnout rebounded 15-6 everygame made it look bad, but guys like RHJ And KJ were grabbing 10 a game.

I would still love to sign Alan Williams though. Reggie Evans type rebounder and that's always useful to have on your bench.
NoZoLakers
General Manager

Post#59 » by NoZoLakers » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:15 pm

I never said anything bout lopez being better or worse than Mozgov, just saying yku guys expect better rebounding with Mozgov are going to be sorely disappointed. Funny how things wirk, when he was in la he's a top 5 worse contract niw hes in bk and you guys are defending him and hoping for good things from him lol
Curns13
Pro Prospect
And1: 267

Post#60 » by Curns13 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:07 pm

BallnIngram wrote:I never said anything bout lopez being better or worse than Mozgov, just saying yku guys expect better rebounding with Mozgov are going to be sorely disappointed. Funny how things wirk, when he was in la he's a top 5 worse contract niw hes in bk and you guys are defending him and hoping for good things from him lol

But he is a better rebounder than Lopez, so yes we expect better rebounding. If he can give us 8 and 6 in about 20mpg with a PER around 15, I'll be over the moon. I couldnt care less about his contract. That contract got us Dlo so who cares of he's over paid by 3 or 4 million a year.

Return to Brooklyn Nets