Soul Glo, the Afro Samurai - The Jarrett Allen Thread

Moderators: NyCeEvO, jerseyjac, Rich Rane

Papi_swav
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,572

Re: Soul Glo, the Afro Samurai - The Jarrett Allen Thread 

Post#1241 » by Papi_swav » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:03 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:He needs to hit up Dwight Howard and see what drugs he took lol ... but he will definitely get stronger. He needs to add alot of strength, a 3 pt jumpshot, a hook and get his IQ up.

This is Dwight from his rookie year:

Jarrett Allen has a long way to go before he even is at that level of bulk :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think a reliable hook shot move and becoming at least a low 30s three point shooter would be some good growth. But he has to get physically stronger, the dude can score 15-18 points in a game just off of putbacks, dunks and catch and finish opportunities.

he also needs to stop fumbling the ball.

lmaooo wow I pictured Dwight being a lot skinnier than that but yea you're right. He need to put some glue on his hands.. sheesh Allen has long ways to go.. we need to re sign Ed Davis for sure or at least some1 who can bang down there.
SpeedyG
RealGM
And1: 1,191

Post#1242 » by SpeedyG » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:23 pm

He needs to make a John Collins like leap next season.

Sent from my SM-G925T using RealGM mobile app
Bless the man if his heart and his land are one ~ FrancisM, R.I.P. 3/6/09
shakendfries
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,060

Post#1243 » by shakendfries » Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:19 pm

ImageImage

"Kevin Durant is not coming to the Nets. If I'm wrong, I will change my avatar to anything you request no matter how humiliating it is." - MrDollarBills, 10/22/18
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 2,148

Post#1244 » by vincecarter4pres » Sat Jun 8, 2019 11:50 pm

I think a forgotten element of adding Irving this summer would be the sick amount of pick and roll lobs Allen would get. He already has a nice 2 man game going with LeVert, I would expect the same with him and Irving. DLo is a really gifted passer, but he's not as much of a true 2 man game p'n'r threat like a LeVert or Kyrie, he's more of a catch them off guard from the perimeter after around the horn ball movement and catch a guy wide open off a 1 or 2 dribble off the head fake, no look.

Kyrie ain't no prime Chris Paul, but he's more of a break the defense down point guard then DLo for sure.

Kyrie and LeVert will help Allen turn into a beast in year 3 and beyond if he isn't dealt in a follow up move.
PD28 wrote:Retirement Bod Dudley FTW!
gigantes
Junior
And1: 114

Post#1245 » by gigantes » Sun Jun 9, 2019 1:05 am

vincecarter4pres wrote:I think a forgotten element of adding Irving this summer would be the sick amount of pick and roll lobs Allen would get. He already has a nice 2 man game going with LeVert, I would expect the same with him and Irving. DLo is a really gifted passer, but he's not as much of a true 2 man game p'n'r threat like a LeVert or Kyrie, he's more of a catch them off guard from the perimeter after around the horn ball movement and catch a guy wide open off a 1 or 2 dribble off the head fake, no look.

Kyrie ain't no prime Chris Paul, but he's more of a break the defense down point guard then DLo for sure.

Kyrie and LeVert will help Allen turn into a beast in year 3 and beyond if he isn't dealt in a follow up move.

The highest priority for me is seeing how much strength & mass Fro can put on over the summer. A delicate balance I'm sure, since it's no good putting on so much that it reduces his shot-blocking or puts his joints at greater risk. But it's time.

When do we get good video of these guys again, training camp? Late September I guess...?

Return to Brooklyn Nets