ImageImageImageImageImage

Soul Glo, the Afro Samurai - The Jarrett Allen Thread

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,994

Re: Soul Glo, the Afro Samurai - The Jarrett Allen Thread 

Post#1301 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:18 pm

Prokorov wrote:Center simp'ly isnt a desireable enough position for him to see a gobert like deal. or even 'a 4/'90 deal... not unless the center is an al'l world star 'like embiid or one who can shoot thr'ees.

And even then, look at how much Brook is being paid. 12-13 mil a season.

I don't blame either side for not being able to come to an agreement. Allen has every right to seek market value and the Nets have every right to offer what they think he's worth.

I personally don't think Allen has improved to the point of where you're shelling out 20 million a season for him. He still looks like a deer in headlights on offense when he catches the ball away from the paint and his aggression around the basket is inconsistent. Defensively we still don't know how he will fare against guys with bulk. Can anyone blame Sean Marks for offering him less than 4/80? I sure don't, and I am someone who wants Allen to stay long term.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Stone
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,467

Post#1302 » by Stone » Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:14 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:And even then, look at how much Brook is being paid. 12-13 mil a season.

I don't blame either side for not being able to come to an agreement. Allen has every right to seek market value and the Nets have every right to offer what they think he's worth.

I personally don't think Allen has improved to the point of where you're shelling out 20 million a season for him. He still looks like a deer in headlights on offense when he catches the ball away from the paint and his aggression around the basket is inconsistent. Defensively we still don't know how he will fare against guys with bulk. Can anyone blame Sean Marks for offering him less than 4/80? I sure don't, and I am someone who wants Allen to stay long term.

My only concern is that some nut like Jordan is going to offer him more that we would match. But if that's the case, good on Jay.
The man who sleeps on the floor can never fall out of bed........Martin Lawrence
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,994

Post#1303 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:14 pm

Stone wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:And even then, look at how much Brook is being paid. 12-13 mil a season.

My only concern is that some nut like Jordan is going to offer him more that we would match. But if that's the case, good on Jay.

Jordan has to overpay for talent, so by all means more power to him and Allen.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#1304 » by NyCeEvO » Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:09 am

Stone wrote:

I think it’s a no-lose situation.

Allen is a RFA. We control his rights and can match any offer he gets from another team.

It’s not like Allen is a clear cut star, so a max contract offer isn’t a given. His agent probably believes that (barring injury) whatever offer the Nets gave him before the start of the season will be there at the end of it.

From all of the reports from our players, Sean seems to be a very transparent person. I don’t think there are any misunderstandings, misgivings, or animosity, at least from management’s side.

I have a lot of faith in the organization. If Allen ends up staying here long term, it will be because that’s the best move for us; and if Allen is traded or not re-signed as a RFA, it will be because it’s best for the team.
StepBackCrack
Starter
And1: 3,083

Post#1305 » by StepBackCrack » Sat Dec 26, 2020 5:10 pm

This man was amazing last night. Amazing defense and energy! If he keeps this up, Nets must have a new contract with him next off-season. Our best rim protector.
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,177

Post#1306 » by Keith Van Horn » Sat Dec 26, 2020 5:26 pm

Even though Allen is by far the better player than Jordan, I do kind of like him coming off the bench and playing more minutes that way.

Him and Levert have been an awesome duo to watch go to town on other team's second units. They're both playing great defensive basketball too.

And side notes not on Allen -- I'm not the biggest Prince fan, but this is the role he was meant for on this team. Jeff Green and Shamet were just awesome moves too. This second unit is just playing flat out awesome now, and the pieces fit too.
Brooklyn91
Pro Prospect
And1: 840

Post#1307 » by Brooklyn91 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 6:21 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Stone
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,467

Post#1308 » by Stone » Sun Dec 27, 2020 5:39 pm

Nashy on Big Jay......

It is a shame the NBA rarely names a center as a Most Improved Player.....This could be Big jays year.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/260985/Steve-Nash-Predicts-Big-Contract-Whenever-The-Time-Is-For-Jarrett-Allen
The man who sleeps on the floor can never fall out of bed........Martin Lawrence
Claud
Sixth Man
And1: 872

Post#1309 » by Claud » Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:23 pm

How long will it take Nash and the rest of the coaching staff to realize Allen is vastly superior to DJ?

It doesn't take a genius to realize the Fro should start alongside KD/Kyrie/Joe to maximize team efficiency and lessen the load on KD to be our best defender on the court.

DJ moves slower than my grandma which in turn forces KD to be the last line of the defense which I know he can do but WHY when we have Allen that can cover the defence much better?

I understand the Fro's offense is somewhat limited compared to other elite bigs in the league but DJ isn't some world beater either. Dude barely gets a couple of dunks per game and that's the end of it.

The fro has shown early on that he WILL take midrange shots this season + his hustle and effort + rebounding is through the roof.

Is DJ's ego that fragile that they will sacrifice wins/Performance over such obvious assesment?

I have NOTHING against DJ, I think he's a really good vet + can help us in certain situations but to expect him to be one of our top 5 players on the roster is RIDICULOUS.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#1310 » by Prokorov » Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:51 pm

Claud wrote:How long will it take Nash and the rest of the coaching staff to realize Allen is vastly superior to DJ?

It doesn't take a genius to realize the Fro should start alongside KD/Kyrie/Joe to maximize team efficiency and lessen the load on KD to be our best defender on the court.

DJ moves slower than my grandma which in turn forces KD to be the last line of the defense which I know he can do but WHY when we have Allen that can cover the defence much better?

I understand the Fro's offense is somewhat limited compared to other elite bigs in the league but DJ isn't some world beater either. Dude barely gets a couple of dunks per game and that's the end of it.

The fro has shown early on that he WILL take midrange shots this season + his hustle and effort + rebounding is through the roof.

Is DJ's ego that fragile that they will sacrifice wins/Performance over such obvious assesment?

I have NOTHING against DJ, I think he's a really good vet + can help us in certain situations but to expect him to be one of our top 5 players on the roster is RIDICULOUS.

Its up to Allen, not Nash.... When Allen can avoid having games like the last one vs. memphis where he got ate up on D in all facets and didnt bring the same energy of the 1st to games, he isnt going to win a starting job. Allen needs to clearly outplay Jordan to take his spot... no coach is just going to hand it to you if you are just slightly better, about the same, or inconsistent.

We all want Allen to win the job.... but no one can objectively say he has drastically outplayed jordan through 4 games. We havent seen the allen from the bubble. when that guy shows up every night he will be starting in no time.

The only thing i put on Nash is the drastically reduced amount of high 1-5 pick and rolls. thats allen's strength, but seems less prevelent in the nash/dantoni offense

Return to Brooklyn Nets