And1: 4,248

Re: Welcome to Brooklyn - The DeMarre Carroll Thread 

Post#101 » by Papi_swav » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:32 pm

dukes_wild wrote:
steady wrote:
dukes_wild wrote:Idk, seems to me that PJ liked playing here

Read on Twitter

"Obviously, being in Toronto, Toronto was my #1 option"

Maybe it's just me but I haven't read anything DMC has said as criticizing the character of any of Raptors players or their lockerroom, just their system of play, and specifically how it did not work for him.

Frankly system of play seems more like a coaching issue than a lockerroom issue

He got just as many open 3s during his time here as he did with Atlanta.

But Carrol is not JUST a 3 point shooter, he was also a good slasher in Atlanta and got alot of his points around the basket as well, not just the 3 pointer. Bottom line, he isn't the same player he was in Atlanta and before the knee injury but the truth we can agree on is that the Raptors do not move the ball alot. The ball is either in Lowry or Derozans hands at all times.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#102 » by ChokeFasncists » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:45 am

For me, the fit, system, lockerroom, chemistry, trade value etc are things of the past. Him saying all this stuff could only mean he'll be more motivated.

What is most important is his health. If he's healthy, he'll play fine for us and Kenny.

Him saying that our medical guys are helping him tremendously and that his body is feeling much better could be really significant going forward.

If he could rekindle his Atlanta form, this team gets a big boost, and a stretch four to boot.
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Post#103 » by kamaze » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:25 pm

dukes_wild wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
dukes_wild wrote:
I highly disagree.

Let me rephrase: "According to Carroll, Toronto's locker room seems like a mess".

Our whole roster consists of players that have never had any "personality" issues, aside from Lowry. A large portion of our roster are young players that are known as high character guys.

We've never had situations like the one the Bulls had last season with Butler/Wade vs Rondo.

Hell, CJ Miles said one of the main reasons he chose to come here was because he always remembers seeing the Raptors bench always standing up and cheering for the guys on the floor regardless of who was out there.

Look at it from Carroll's perspective, his team had to include a 1st and 2nd round pick to dump him for Justin Hamilton, who they waived anyway. That's ego killing, he's just trying to save face.

His comments about our offensive scheme, that's reasonable, but unless the Raptors hide it extremely well, I highly doubt we had any locker room issues. Since the Lowry/DeRozan era here the biggest locker room issue we heard of during that 4 years was a team meeting last season.

He's embarrassed and he should keep his mouth shut

So you admit last year they had a team meeting...
I remember Lowry saying they needed more help (he and Derozan(?) last year before they traded for Serge Ibaka..

Then after they lost to Cleveland both were saying they didn't have a Lebron which sounded awkward...

No offense but I'll take a player's opinion over a fan's.
I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton
steady
Veteran
And1: 1,351

Post#104 » by steady » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:35 pm

kamaze wrote:
dukes_wild wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Let me rephrase: "According to Carroll, Toronto's locker room seems like a mess".

Our whole roster consists of players that have never had any "personality" issues, aside from Lowry. A large portion of our roster are young players that are known as high character guys.

We've never had situations like the one the Bulls had last season with Butler/Wade vs Rondo.

Hell, CJ Miles said one of the main reasons he chose to come here was because he always remembers seeing the Raptors bench always standing up and cheering for the guys on the floor regardless of who was out there.

Look at it from Carroll's perspective, his team had to include a 1st and 2nd round pick to dump him for Justin Hamilton, who they waived anyway. That's ego killing, he's just trying to save face.

His comments about our offensive scheme, that's reasonable, but unless the Raptors hide it extremely well, I highly doubt we had any locker room issues. Since the Lowry/DeRozan era here the biggest locker room issue we heard of during that 4 years was a team meeting last season.

He's embarrassed and he should keep his mouth shut

So you admit last year they had a team meeting...
I remember Lowry saying they needed more help (he and Derozan(?) last year before they traded for Serge Ibaka..

Then after they lost to Cleveland both were saying they didn't have a Lebron which sounded awkward...

No offense but I'll take a player's opinion over a fan's.

The way I heard Carroll's comments was that he was just speaking aloud something that was well known within the Raptors organization. By the FO, by coaching staff, and by players. I was surprised that he said it in press interview, but based on what seems to be his personality to stand up for his teammates during games, I sort of assumed it was his way of standing up for them (those who wanted to move the ball around more) as he was on his way out the door. I did not see it as his way of justifying his weak play there, or getting in digs against Lowry or DeRozan, because that does not seem his personality - but of course I am speculating too about who he is

D Casey confirmed that this is an area the Raptors need to improve yesterday
DartboardT
Junior
And1: 53

Post#105 » by DartboardT » Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:15 am

Will DMC's "salt" overshadow his hustle and will on the court? We'll know by the end of preseason if we have Hawks DMC or Allegedly-Mopey-Past-His-Prime Raps DMC...or 10 games into reg season, max.

I'm gonna be the optimist on this one. He LOVES Kenny, and most players seem to at least RESPECT Marks, even as he is but one move away from trading maybe all but three or four of them (or is it one or two? :lol:) in the right circumstance, lol. At least Marks seems to actually care about the players under management. #itsabusiness
kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Post#106 » by kamaze » Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:40 pm

He's part of the family now he and Mozgov are the uncles.
I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#107 » by Paradise » Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:28 pm

DMC was more than likely one of the players lobbying to be traded here. I remember Lin mentioning BK isn't a hard sell because he was getting asked about the team during the season. I suspect Carroll and his agent was one.

He got his wish and he's excited and also using that comfortability to overly volunteer information about his tenure with the Raps. I doubt anyone would care if he said this a year from now after a bounce back season and it would make his comments justified but it's premature and he should chill on talking bad about them. He's got work to do before bad mouthing his previous employer even if it's in a opiniontive fashion.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
spaceballer
Head Coach
And1: 2,707

Post#108 » by spaceballer » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:38 pm

Read on Twitter
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,910

Post#109 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:55 pm

spaceballer wrote:
Read on Twitter

I'm sure as Marks got Masai to agree to both of their 2018 picks his hands started to shake.

"You...you'll do it?" :o

"Physical? N-no need...we...we'll be faxing the paperwork to the league office now. You're completely serious about this right?"
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
yodamaster
Veteran
And1: 2,629

Post#110 » by yodamaster » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:26 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
spaceballer wrote:
Read on Twitter

I'm sure as Marks got Masai to agree to both of their 2018 picks his hands started to shake.

"Physical? N-no need...we...we'll be faxing the paperwork to the league office now. You're completely serious about this right?"

if DMC cant pass physical, then marks just paid $ 30 mil for two draft picks... well maybe DMC can be sold as expiring in the year after next for another conditional 2nd rounder.... still a lot of $$$ for picks in 20s and 2nd round. but then again playing DMC was never the nets' priority here, i hope the picks work out well for you guys.
Paradise

Post#111 » by Paradise » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:08 am

yodamaster wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
spaceballer wrote:
Read on Twitter

if DMC cant pass physical, then marks just paid $ 30 mil for two draft picks... well maybe DMC can be sold as expiring in the year after next for another conditional 2nd rounder.... still a lot of $$$ for picks in 20s and 2nd round. but then again playing DMC was never the nets' priority here, i hope the picks work out well for you guys.

Was he better than Scola, Vasquez?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
yodamaster
Veteran
And1: 2,629

Post#112 » by yodamaster » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:12 am

Paradise wrote:
yodamaster wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Was he better than Scola, Vasquez?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

scola? you guys know all about scola. i'd say DMC was better when he played, but DMC's play was so erratic, the man thought he was our number 3 option when he clearly wasnt and shouldnt have been.. he got some great open looks, but black kyle korver he was not.

vasquez was good for us albeit little trigger happy. i'd say his impact on the team was far greater than injury prone and even more inconsistent demarre. Not to mention trading him got us the 2nd round pick that raptors used to draft norman powell, and an extra 2017 first rounder that allowed us to trade one of the picks + terrence ross for serge ibaka last year, as well as keeping our pick and drafting potential steal of the draft in OG anunoby... these are the kinds of moves and picks i hope sean marks can do for the nets.... again as a former raptor that he is i wish him all the luck!
ChokeFasncists
RealGM

Post#113 » by ChokeFasncists » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:43 am

Read on Twitter
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
Paradise

Post#114 » by Paradise » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:34 pm

Read on Twitter

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Ror1997
Analyst
And1: 911

The DeMarre Carroll thread 

Post#115 » by Ror1997 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:12 am

Figured we should have an official thread for Carroll. Hoping Carroll reverts back to his ATL self and I hope he's a positive locker room influence. Its great to hear that people view him as a leader. Especially after all those negative comments after his trade from Toronto. So lets hope those comments weren't just excuses, and he was actually unhappy in Toronto. Playing with a chip on your shoulder isn't a bad thing.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM

Re: The DeMarre Carroll thread 

Post#116 » by ChokeFasncists » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:31 am

According to himself, he was unhealthy in Toronto and now thanks to the Nets' superb performance team, fully healthy. Would be fantastic if true. A 3&D wing is something we sorely need
Thanks for the honesty.
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#117 » by NyCeEvO » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:46 pm

We have a thread for Carroll. It was just on the third page. Merging...
Ror1997
Analyst
And1: 911

Post#118 » by Ror1997 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:04 pm

NyCeEvO wrote:We have a thread for Carroll. It was just on the third page. Merging...

Weird. I went to the 4th page twice to check before making the thread and I didn't see it.
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Re: RE: Re: The DeMarre Carroll thread 

Post#119 » by NyCeEvO » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:11 pm

Ror1997 wrote:
NyCeEvO wrote:We have a thread for Carroll. It was just on the third page. Merging...

Weird. I went to the 4th page twice to check before making the thread and I didn't see it.
Did you have an alcoholic beverage in your hand when you checked?

It's actually really easy to miss threads. I just 'Ctrl-F' and search a name when I go back to find old threads. Otherwise, I'd miss a lot of stuff too.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
Paradise

Brooklyn’s SwagDaddy - The DeMarre Carroll Thread  

Post#120 » by Paradise » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:18 pm

Ror1997 wrote:Figured we should have an official thread for Carroll. Hoping Carroll reverts back to his ATL self and I hope he's a positive locker room influence. Its great to hear that people view him as a leader. Especially after all those negative comments after his trade from Toronto. So lets hope those comments weren't just excuses, and he was actually unhappy in Toronto. Playing with a chip on your shoulder isn't a bad thing.

Definitely looks like he’s fitting the veteran role well.

Read on Twitter

Return to Brooklyn Nets