Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Re: Brooklyn’s SwagDaddy - The DeMarre Carroll Thread 

Post#161 » by kamaze » Sun Jan 7, 2018 8:03 pm

LOUiS-D wrote:
kamaze wrote:
TheNetsFan wrote:So when/where can we sell high on Carroll? Don't get me wrong, I love him on this team. However, older guys like he & Lin are not part of the long term vision. You trade them for assets when you can, before an injury torpedoes their trade value. If he can sustain his play and health until the deadline, there could be interest from a playoff contending team.

Why would they want to trade him? He's playing good and is the veteran calming influence in the locker room.

As a general manager you want to flip your players like burger patties because team chemistry is manufactured by wild experimentation, not consistency.

This is a young team that didn't have an identity for the first 4 years in Brooklyn I'd rather keep him and draft his successor.
He's a strong veteran presence and an expiring contract next year. If they can bring in Jamil Wilson (there's a thread on him) they're gucci.
I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton
TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach
And1: 3,580

Post#162 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Sun Jan 7, 2018 8:57 pm

Demarre Carroll is out for tomorrow’s game with no specific diagnosis. I think that’s a good thing and means he most likely just sprained it as opposed to severe structural damage.

He’s probably gonna miss a couple weeks but the good new is that Russell should be back soon. I’m hoping for MLK day.
Claud
Sixth Man
And1: 872

Post#163 » by Claud » Sun Jan 7, 2018 9:03 pm

TheBrooklynKidd wrote:Demarre Carroll is out for tomorrow’s game with no specific diagnosis. I think that’s a good thing and means he most likely just sprained it as opposed to severe structural damage.

He’s probably gonna miss a couple weeks but the good new is that Russell should be back soon. I’m hoping for MLK day.

Not sure why the medical team let him played yesterday... he clearly looked not 100% and played like s*** because of it.
GoCeltics123
RealGM
And1: 32,690

Post#164 » by GoCeltics123 » Sun Jan 7, 2018 9:28 pm

Read on Twitter
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,829

Post#165 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Jan 8, 2018 3:36 am

probably a sprain.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
313 Professor
Starter
And1: 963

Post#166 » by 313 Professor » Mon Jan 8, 2018 4:39 pm

I've googled Demarre like 10 times since the game waiting on some diagnosis news. Guess I'm just gonna have to wait :-?
TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach
And1: 3,580

Post#167 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Mon Jan 8, 2018 5:18 pm

313 Professor wrote:I've googled Demarre like 10 times since the game waiting on some diagnosis news. Guess I'm just gonna have to wait :-?

Hey man I’ll put it this way.

Woj came out with an article today that mentioned Carroll as a trade target for other teams and didn’t mention anything about his injury.

Hopefully that’s a good sign.
brook
Senior
And1: 115

Post#168 » by brook » Mon Jan 8, 2018 6:07 pm

Honestly, I don't trade Carroll at this point. He has tremendous value on and off the court for us, and doesn't make any sense pick up another bad salary for another pick in 20's. So I don't trade him, except for absurd offers.
He also increase his value next year, in offseason or next deadline, because he's an expires contract.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Brooklyn’s SwagDaddy - The DeMarre Carroll Thread  

Post#169 » by Paradise » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:45 am

What a tremendous leader this guy has become for this organization.

Curns13
Pro Prospect
And1: 267

Post#170 » by Curns13 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:14 am

brook wrote:Honestly, I don't trade Carroll at this point. He has tremendous value on and off the court for us, and doesn't make any sense pick up another bad salary for another pick in 20's. So I don't trade him, except for absurd offers.
He also increase his value next year, in offseason or next deadline, because he's an expires contract.

Keep him until at least the deadline. He’s a great guy to have around over the long offseason months and to set the tone early into the season. If he has value to a contender at in February, move him for a late first round pick and load up for next years draft.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#171 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:39 am

One of my favorite guys to come through here. I hold him in the same regard as Alan Anderson and Jarrett Jack. Professional guys with their heads in the right place. Lin also is in that category too. Hopefully he remains here for the long run if we don't trade him.

Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,177

Post#172 » by Keith Van Horn » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:57 am

If he doesn't get traded, I'd love to have him stick around for the rest of his career. He's been nothing but professional. I don't know what goes on behind the scenes with practices and the coaches, but I love how Carroll rose in his role as leader.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,436

Post#173 » by vincecarter4pres » Tue May 1, 2018 12:16 am

DeMarre Carroll wrote:It’s crazy because I never did leg weights in my nine years in the league. I never focused on the bottom half of my body. This performance team gets all the credit because they kept me here and made me do the work, made me do the work at the game when I didn’t want to.

“My player development coach Jordan Ott was really big for me, helping me minimize the game and helping me do what I do well. I feel like this is my best season not only physically, but mentally. I think it’s hats off to the player development team and the performance team.

Hahahaha, wow.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#174 » by MrDollarBills » Tue May 1, 2018 12:36 am

skipping leg day is a sin :wavefinger: :wavefinger: :wavefinger: :wavefinger:

vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,436

Post#175 » by vincecarter4pres » Tue May 1, 2018 6:54 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:skipping leg day is a sin :wavefinger: :wavefinger: :wavefinger: :wavefinger:

Especially for a guy whose a 9 year NBA vet lol. Like in all that time between high school, college, the pros, he never thought it would be a good idea to strengthen his legs and his core lol?
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#176 » by NyCeEvO » Tue May 1, 2018 10:02 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:skipping leg day is a sin :wavefinger: :wavefinger: :wavefinger: :wavefinger:

Especially for a guy whose a 9 year NBA vet lol. Like in all that time between high school, college, the pros, he never thought it would be a good idea to strengthen his legs and his core lol?

It's interesting that he mentions this considering how much he battled with lower body/leg injuries throughout his tenure in Toronto. No one thought to tell him to work on his legs lol?

Return to Brooklyn Nets