ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Re: Welcome to Brooklyn - The DeMarre Carroll Thread 

Post#81 » by ChokeFasncists » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:55 pm

FlipFlopShot wrote:
Read on Twitter

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's pretty incredible considering he was a starter on one of the best teams of the conference going to one of the worst teams in the conference possibly coming off the bench.
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
brook
Senior
And1: 115

Post#82 » by brook » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:16 am

He isn't coming off the bench but yes, this is wonderful.

Inviato dal mio ALE-L21 utilizzando Tapatalk
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,561

Post#83 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:43 am

FlipFlopShot wrote:
Read on Twitter

Toronto's locker room seems like a mess, plus getting a chance to reunite with Kenny probably is enticing.

I think Carroll will be fine here.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
antique0o0
Senior
And1: 53

Post#84 » by antique0o0 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:05 am

He'll start. There's no reason to not starting him.
Foye started the second half of last season.
Most NBA stats aren't credible. At most times the people who interprets those data are biased, or the data themselves are flawed. Basketball is just too complicated with so many uncontrollable variables.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#85 » by ChokeFasncists » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:02 am

brook wrote:He isn't coming off the bench but yes, this is wonderful.

I wouldn't be so sure, especially if we had signed KCP.

OTOH, cause for optimism:

http://nypost.com/2017/07/19/demarre-carroll-nets-a-better-fit-for-me-than-the-raptors/
“The biggest thing last year was I never got the proper strength. My body wasn’t strong enough to sustain 82 games,’’ Carroll said. “Just being here in Brooklyn, their performance team is the best I’ve had so far. They train with me every day. They’re working muscles I never even knew I had. Each day I feel my body and my knee getting stronger. I feel like it’s going to be a great season.”

:nod:
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
stevieboyNets
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#86 » by stevieboyNets » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:38 am

This is great stuff from Carrol lol we haven't stir up the Rap trolls since VC left. Not quite the same but those were good times.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Ror1997
Analyst
And1: 911

Post#87 » by Ror1997 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:11 pm

Idk why he's still talking though. It was funny the first time but, the second time it comes off bad. He's gotta put his money where his mouth is now, or else these comments are going to come off as excuses and Dmc will look bad.

Let's hope the raptors locker room is as toxic as Dmc has described it, and as a result it just really pissed Dmc off. I really hope its not just Dmc using the Raptors as a scapegoat for his poor play.
dukes_wild
RealGM
And1: 50,145

Post#88 » by dukes_wild » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:42 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
FlipFlopShot wrote:
Read on Twitter

Toronto's locker room seems like a mess, plus getting a chance to reunite with Kenny probably is enticing.

I highly disagree.
Geddy wrote:You're probably scratching your balls and eating cheese puffs

Ice Trae wrote:Is it just me or does Derrick Rose look like Jean Claude Van Damme
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#89 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:45 pm

dukes_wild wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
FlipFlopShot wrote:
Read on Twitter

I highly disagree.

Let me rephrase: "According to Carroll, Toronto's locker room seems like a mess".

dukes_wild
RealGM

Post#90 » by dukes_wild » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:54 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
dukes_wild wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

I highly disagree.

Let me rephrase: "According to Carroll, Toronto's locker room seems like a mess".

Our whole roster consists of players that have never had any "personality" issues, aside from Lowry. A large portion of our roster are young players that are known as high character guys.

We've never had situations like the one the Bulls had last season with Butler/Wade vs Rondo.

Hell, CJ Miles said one of the main reasons he chose to come here was because he always remembers seeing the Raptors bench always standing up and cheering for the guys on the floor regardless of who was out there.

Look at it from Carroll's perspective, his team had to include a 1st and 2nd round pick to dump him for Justin Hamilton, who they waived anyway. That's ego killing, he's just trying to save face.

His comments about our offensive scheme, that's reasonable, but unless the Raptors hide it extremely well, I highly doubt we had any locker room issues. Since the Lowry/DeRozan era here the biggest locker room issue we heard of during that 4 years was a team meeting last season.

He's embarrassed and he should keep his mouth shut

Ice Trae wrote:Is it just me or does Derrick Rose look like Jean Claude Van Damme
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#91 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:02 pm

dukes_wild wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
dukes_wild wrote:
I highly disagree.

Our whole roster consists of players that have never had any "personality" issues, aside from Lowry. A large portion of our roster are young players that are known as high character guys.

We've never had situations like the one the Bulls had last season with Butler/Wade vs Rondo.

Hell, CJ Miles said one of the main reasons he chose to come here was because he always remembers seeing the Raptors bench always standing up and cheering for the guys on the floor regardless of who was out there.

Look at it from Carroll's perspective, his team had to include a 1st and 2nd round pick to dump him for Justin Hamilton, who they waived anyway. That's ego killing, he's just trying to save face.

His comments about our offensive scheme, that's reasonable, but unless the Raptors hide it extremely well, I highly doubt we had any locker room issues. Since the Lowry/DeRozan era here the biggest locker room issue we heard of during that 4 years was a team meeting last season.

Fair enough, I was just going off of what he was saying and it sounded kind of messed up.

He seems pretty happy to be here and reunited with his old coach, so hopefully it all works out for both sides. I'm grateful for the Raptors even doing this deal.

Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#92 » by Paradise » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:21 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
dukes_wild wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Fair enough, I was just going off of what he was saying and it sounded kind of messed up.

He seems pretty happy to be here and reunited with his old coach, so hopefully it all works out for both sides. I'm grateful for the Raptors even doing this deal.

Both sides are correct. I'd side with Carroll a bit because PJ Tucker also mentioned he was going to look for the best "fit" and it turned out to be Houston. He's another guy who came from a motion offense in PHX.

Raptors were 30th in Team Assists last season, 29th in Carroll's first season there. Atlanta was Top 5 during Carroll's last two seasons with ATL.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nba/stat/assists-per-game

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Ror1997
Analyst
And1: 911

Post#93 » by Ror1997 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:52 pm

dukes_wild wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
dukes_wild wrote:
I highly disagree.

Like I said before I think both sides are at fault for all this drama.

Seems like Dmc is an intense and passionate guy, seeing the way he's defended his teammates on court before. He's not wrong about the raptors needing more ball movement. However his lack of accountability in these claims (aside from injuries) means you can't really trust anything else He's saying. But He's not wrong about the ball movement, I think he just got carried away with himself after that initial comment.

As far as the deal itself, remember, Miles picked Minny first. He was tired of waiting and took the raptors deal. Raptors met Marks demands so they didn't miss out on CJ Miles. I don't think the deal embarrassed Dmc at all.

I agree He's gotta shut up. The first time was fine, but I don't want to hear anymore of this BS until it inevitability comes up before we play next year.
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,232

Post#94 » by Papi_swav » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:14 pm

dukes_wild wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
FlipFlopShot wrote:
Read on Twitter

I highly disagree.

I wouldn't know, but I do remember PJ Tucker being upset about the guys in Raptors locker room saying "it's ok if we lose the first game of the series in the playoffs" and he had a problem with that...
dukes_wild
RealGM

Post#95 » by dukes_wild » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:36 pm

Papi_swav wrote:
dukes_wild wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

I highly disagree.

I wouldn't know, but I do remember PJ Tucker being upset about the guys in Raptors locker room saying "it's ok if we lose the first game of the series in the playoffs" and he had a problem with that...

Idk, seems to me that PJ liked playing here

Read on Twitter

"Obviously, being in Toronto, Toronto was my #1 option"

Paradise

Welcome to Brooklyn - The DeMarre Carroll Thread  

Post#96 » by Paradise » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:14 pm

dukes_wild wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:
dukes_wild wrote:
I highly disagree.

Read on Twitter

The 'obviously' part is a clear indicator that he likes the city but was simply doing his due diligence. He signed else where and he signed to a team with an emphasis on ball movement and no mid range shots.

Both sides will be better off but the argument is really that Carroll wasn't a good fit for them from the moment he was signed.

dukes_wild
RealGM

Post#97 » by dukes_wild » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:19 pm

Paradise wrote:
dukes_wild wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:I wouldn't know, but I do remember PJ Tucker being upset about the guys in Raptors locker room saying "it's ok if we lose the first game of the series in the playoffs" and he had a problem with that...

Read on Twitter

The 'obviously' part is a clear indicator that he likes the city but was simply doing his due diligence. He signed else where and he signed to a team with an emphasis on ball movement and no mid range shots.

I think "obviously" refers to the fact that he stated multiple times during the 2nd half of the season after he got traded to us that he really wanted to come back

steady
Veteran
And1: 1,351

Post#98 » by steady » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:19 pm

dukes_wild wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:
dukes_wild wrote:
I highly disagree.

Read on Twitter

Maybe it's just me but I haven't read anything DMC has said as criticizing the character of any of Raptors players or their lockerroom, just their system of play, and specifically how it did not work for him.

Frankly system of play seems more like a coaching issue than a lockerroom issue
dukes_wild
RealGM

Post#99 » by dukes_wild » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:21 pm

steady wrote:
dukes_wild wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:I wouldn't know, but I do remember PJ Tucker being upset about the guys in Raptors locker room saying "it's ok if we lose the first game of the series in the playoffs" and he had a problem with that...

Read on Twitter

Maybe it's just me but I haven't read anything DMC has said as criticizing the character of any of Raptors players or their lockerroom, just their system of play, and specifically how it did not work for him.

Frankly system of play seems more like a coaching issue than a lockerroom issue

He got just as many open 3s during his time here as he did with Atlanta.

Paradise

Post#100 » by Paradise » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:34 pm

Yes and that's where his fault lies is with the real clean looks he missed but that doesn't mean those shots were off ball movement.

This isn't movement.

https://gifs.com/gif/rk5WqK

Return to Brooklyn Nets