ImageImageImageImageImage

Prokhorov looking to sell majority share

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Prokhorov looking to sell majority share 

Post#1 » by Prokorov » Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:48 pm

i got an alert on my phone prokorov is looking to sell a majority stake in the nets.

positive or negative this could have major ramifications
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Re: Prokorov looking to sell majority share 

Post#2 » by CalamityX12 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:50 pm

If Trump bids i quit.
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,572

Post#3 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:44 pm

Prokorov wrote:i got an alert on my phone prokorov is looking to sell a majority stake in the nets.

positive or negative this could have major ramifications

It's said that he's warming up to the idea of selling a majority stake.

This could be very bad news if he does, and the ownership group is a bunch of morons. Just when we finally get sanity, madness could come creeping right back in.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#4 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:47 pm

CalamityX12 wrote:If Trump bids i quit.

I'm shocked that it looks like Prokhorov and Trump don't even know each other. Trump seems to know a lot of Russians. Maybe Prokhorov isn't in bed with the mob er i mean Putin after all

ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#5 » by ChokeFasncists » Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:30 am

Oh, so no one wants to buy the 49%
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
Mosdefinition
Senior
And1: 116

Post#6 » by Mosdefinition » Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:27 am

CalamityX12 wrote:If Trump bids i quit.

If that happens I would burn every piece of nets apparel I have in front of the Barclay center
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#7 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:58 pm

I just have suspicions around the timing of this. There's a lot of nasty, testy stuff going on between USA/Russia and after hearing how Putin deals with oligarchs and how he enriched himself I'm wondering just what Prokhorov's deal is. I'm not accusing Prokhorov of anything shady, I'm just wondering if his interest in possibly selling has anything to do with whats going on.

Putin grabbed Khodorkovsky off his private jet, took him back to Moscow, put him on trial and allowed television cameras to film Khodorkovsky sitting in a cage right in the middle of the courtroom. That image was extremely powerful because none of the other oligarchs wanted to be in the same position. After Khodorkovsky's conviction, the other oligarchs went to Putin and asked him what they needed to do to avoid sitting in the same cage as Khodorkovsky. From what followed, it appeared that Putin's answer was,"Fifty per cent." He wasn't saying 50% for the Russian government or the presidential administration of Russia, but 50% for Vladimir Putin personally. From that moment on Putin became the biggest oligarch in Russia and the richest man in the world and my anti-corruption activities would no longer be tolerated.

^this is from testimony made by a man named Bill Browder to the Senate Judiciary Committee the other day (it got shut out of the news cycle because Trump's new mouth piece was prattling on about a fat, alcoholic neo nazi trying to "suck his own cock", but I digress) regarding Russia and The Magnitsky Act, a US law that Vladimir Putin wants overturned because its screwing with his bottom line. The entire testimony is horrifying in itself when you hear about what goes on over there...guys getting beaten to death while being chained to beds in prison, lawyers getting tossed out of 4 story windows, poisonings, etc... but this part in particular made me wonder just how stable the team's ownership situation really is, or why Prok is floating out the idea of selling now.

Something to keep in mind as things start to heat up. It's also crazy to think that the owner of the Nets is possibly being extorted right now.

Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,752

Re: Prokhorov looking to sell majority share 

Post#8 » by Rich Rane » Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:44 pm

There's an h in Prokhorov.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#9 » by ChokeFasncists » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:42 am

Rich Rane wrote:There's an h in Prokhorov.

Dang, just found out the owner and the poster are completely unrelated.
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
GlenRiceARoni
Sixth Man
And1: 793

Post#10 » by GlenRiceARoni » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:46 am

Why on earth did they just jack up the payroll with crabbe and Carroll if hes selling the Team?!

I guess they dont teach lean six sigma to the Russian mafia. You just steal wealth from the commoners

"Get Out the Way, Let the Real F. Ballas thru" - Juvenile
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#11 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:49 pm

GlenRiceARoni wrote:Why on earth did they just jack up the payroll with crabbe and Carroll if hes selling the Team?!

I guess they dont teach lean six sigma to the Russian mafia. You just steal wealth from the commoners

"Get Out the Way, Let the Real F. Ballas thru" - Juvenile

That's also why I'm wondering what's going on.

Like, the last time our team was up for sale, the payroll got reduced. Yet we just added millions of dollars onto the payroll with Crabbe, Carroll, and Mozgov. So it does bring up some questions

I'm not trying to cause any alarm mind you guys, just throwing this info out there in case people aren't aware. I don't want Prokhorov to sell at all, I think he deserves a ton of credit for admitting the mistakes of his first few years as owner and has made a fantastic turnaround with the Marks hire and being patient and wanting to build a team properly. But life comes at you fast...Putin is dirty to the core.

Mkdaman1818
Sixth Man
And1: 1,101

Post#12 » by Mkdaman1818 » Tue Aug 8, 2017 3:22 pm

Nets eyeing Chinese buyers?

Read on Twitter
Mkdaman1818
Sixth Man
And1: 1,101

Post#13 » by Mkdaman1818 » Tue Aug 8, 2017 3:26 pm

http://nypost.com/2017/08/06/several-interested-in-brooklyn-nets-purchase/

The basketball team owned by billionaire Russian Mikhail Prokhorov hoped to fetch around $2 billion, but we hear one interested party has been trying to box out others in the sale process.

A source told On the Money that Alibaba Executive Vice Chairman Joe Tsai has expressed an interest in the team, though reps for his family office, Blue Pool, deny it.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#14 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Aug 8, 2017 3:40 pm

not good.

reelsgm
Junior
And1: 71

Post#15 » by reelsgm » Tue Aug 8, 2017 4:31 pm

Mkdaman1818 wrote:Nets eyeing Chinese buyers?

Read on Twitter

A new deep pocketed, ownership group with an extremely long time-horizon - that's what you get with a Chinese buying group and their money is green just like yours. But Chinese don't like joint ownership especially as a silent minority investor - they want Controlling interest and you can bet if they don't start off with majority control there will be a designated path to get there.

Nothing to be afraid of here - if you're a Nets fans, ownership changes comes with the territory. Putin's Russians selling to Chinese group looks good politically for both countries -- and you can bet the Chinese will hold on to it for 100 years.
"I don't like the word REBUILD... I know Kenny and everyone at some point that word has floated around... I want it to happen NOW" - JLIN
shakendfries
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,063

Post#16 » by shakendfries » Tue Aug 8, 2017 4:48 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:not good.

this is awful news
ImageImage

"Kevin Durant is not coming to the Nets. If I'm wrong, I will change my avatar to anything you request no matter how humiliating it is." - MrDollarBills, 10/22/18
shakendfries
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,063

Post#17 » by shakendfries » Tue Aug 8, 2017 4:59 pm

Mkdaman1818 wrote:http://nypost.com/2017/08/06/several-interested-in-brooklyn-nets-purchase/

The basketball team owned by billionaire Russian Mikhail Prokhorov hoped to fetch around $2 billion, but we hear one interested party has been trying to box out others in the sale process.

A source told On the Money that Alibaba Executive Vice Chairman Joe Tsai has expressed an interest in the team, though reps for his family office, Blue Pool, deny it.

I'm praying they'll end up buying the Rockets :pray: There is nothing worse in the realm of sports than a new owner pushing personnel agendas on GMs (see Kings, Sacramento & Nets, Booklyn)
ImageImage

"Kevin Durant is not coming to the Nets. If I'm wrong, I will change my avatar to anything you request no matter how humiliating it is." - MrDollarBills, 10/22/18
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#18 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Aug 8, 2017 4:59 pm

I have no issue with Chinese ownership buying the team FYI. I am just concerned that the progress the franchise has made internally could be underminded if the new ownership group wants to do things in a way that might rock the boat.

Stability right now is crucial.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#19 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Aug 8, 2017 5:00 pm

shakendfries wrote:
Mkdaman1818 wrote:http://nypost.com/2017/08/06/several-interested-in-brooklyn-nets-purchase/

I'm praying they'll end up buying the Rockets :pray: There is nothing worse in the realm of sports than a new owner pushing personnel agendas on GMs (see Kings, Sacramento & Nets, Booklyn)

This is exactly what I'm afraid of. Someone coming in and wanting to undo the last year and a half of work.

Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,878

Post#20 » by Hello Brooklyn » Tue Aug 8, 2017 9:00 pm

This is good news in my view. I don't think Prokhorov was ever invested in a team or viewed it as anything but a vanity project.

I'd rather have an owner that really cared about the team and wanted to see it succeed long term.

Return to Brooklyn Nets