ImageImageImageImageImage

2017 Nets Build-A-Team Conference Finals Voting Thread- ONE MORE NIGHT TO VOTE! POLL CLOSES AT 8 TONIGHT! PLEASE VOTE

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Which Teams Would Win?

vincecarter4pres vs NyCeEvO: vinccecarter4pres Wins
45%
vincecarter4pres vs NyCeEvO: NyCeEvO Wins
No votes
3pt_Chucker vs Jersey Generals: 3pt_Chucker Wins
27%
3pt_Chucker vs Jersey Generals: Jersey Generals Wins
27%

Total votes: 11

Jersey Generals
Lead Assistant
And1: 382

2017 Nets Build-A-Team Conference Finals Voting Thread- ONE MORE NIGHT TO VOTE! POLL CLOSES AT 8 TONIGHT! PLEASE VOTE 

Post#1 » by Jersey Generals » Wed Aug 2, 2017 12:37 am

Hello! Welcome to the 2017 Nets Build-A-Team Playoff thread. This is open for ANYONE to vote, so if you're not part of the game or even a Nets fan, feel free to throw your votes as you see fit.

The point of this is to find the team that would win against their match-up. So check out the match-ups below and vote for who you think would win a series.

What is the criteria of voting? There are three things you should look at:

1) how good is this team? Flat out, could it beat everyone else if they were to play every other team?

2) how deep is this team? Can this team overcome an injury?

3) how does this team match-up with the other?

Using those three prongs, choose which team would win in the two play-off matches.

If you want a more in-depth look at the various teams, go here. http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1562810

Eastern Conference Match-up

Number 1. vincecarter4pres vs. Number 2. NyCeEvO

vincecarter4pres wrote:New Hampshire Dwont's

PG: Kyrie Irving/Wade/Schroder
SG: JJ Redick/Wade/Ross
SF: Lebron MF'in James/Morris/Ross
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge/Dirk/Favors/Morris
C: Hassan Whiteside/Chandler/Favors/Dirk

My squad is going to be based on swarming and suffocating defense creating turnovers and pushing the ball, not just for dunks and layups, but also open 3's.

NyCeEvO wrote:Image

Twilight Zone Defense
PG: Steph Curry/ Seth Curry
SG: Bradley Beal/ Kyle Korver
SF: Paul Millsap/Andre Iguodala/Chandler Parsons
PF: Jabari Parker/ Marvin Williams
C: Myles Turner/Nerlens Noel/Greg Monroe

Western Conference Match-up

Number 2. 3pt_chucker vs. Number 4. Jersery Generals

3pt_chucker wrote:3pt-Chuckers

PG: Chris Paul/Patrick Beverley
SG: Nicolas Batum/Eric Gordon/Dion Waiters
SF: Jimmy Butler/Rudy Gay/PF Tucker
PF: Serge Ibaka/Ersan Ilyasova
C: Al Horford/Tristan Thompson

Jersey Generals wrote:Las Vegas Sharks

Jrue Holiday/Eric Bledsoe/Marcus Smart
Paul George/Wes Matthews
Kevin Durant/Joe Ingles
Kevin Love/Patrick Patterson
Dwight Howard/Steven Adams/Pau Gasol

I intend on running a system similar to seven seconds or less, but based around intense defense like the early 90s Runnin' Rebels. In the set offense, I intend of shooting a lot, while running the offense through the point position, but mostly, I would look to get open court and fast break points. Rebounding and great defense is how the team will get out into the open court.

I feel that 3pt-Chuckers cannot match-up with my team. Their smaller lineup cannot matchup with my bigger one as I have Dwight Howard and Steven Adams that are much longer and stronger than anyone they can put up there. If they want to go small, I can drop Paul George to the 3, Durant to the 4, and have Love at the 5, while inserting another defensive presence that can shoot in Wes Matthews. In terms of athletic ability, my team matches up well with them as Patrick Patterson and Kevin Durant are just as large as Serge Ibaka, while being just as quick; additionally, Bledsoe and Smart are two of the most explosive athletes in the match up. I have defense and play-making on the bench in Bledsoe, Ingles and Patterson, while also having a skilled low-post scorer in Pau Gasol. Overall, the 3pt-Chuckers will not be able to match-up with my team as I can go big while keeping athleticism.
Jersey Generals
Lead Assistant
And1: 382

Re: 2017 Nets Build-A-Team Conference Finals Voting Thread- ONE MORE NIGHT TO VOTE! POLL CLOSES AT 8 TONIGHT! PLEASE VOT 

Post#2 » by Jersey Generals » Tue Oct 3, 2017 6:51 pm

Eleven votes, not 8. But vote if you're interested in voting so we can move on to the finals.

Return to Brooklyn Nets