ImageImageImageImageImage

The Official Allen Crabbe Thread

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

steady
Veteran
And1: 1,351

Re: The Official Allen Crabbe Thread 

Post#561 » by steady » Mon Jan 8, 2018 5:02 am

Claud wrote:Losing Joe Harris because Marks wanted Crabbe will be a tough pill to swallow.

I think Crabbe has been better defensively than expected but he is super inconsistent with his offensive game.

The reason he shot a high % in Portland is because he didn't have to take many shots with CJ and Dame around.

Now we are asking him to become an efficient volume shooter but since he has zero handles & no playmaking-skills... nights of 2-11 or 4-11fg have become the norm this season.

I have faith in our coaching staff but it will take a LOT of work to make Crabbe worth his contract.

Right now he isn't cutting it but we'll see how he evolves within the next 2 years.

I agree - he needs to improve . But I also think Atkinson made good point about how Crabbe perhaps more than other players is dependent on his teammates. Just as they are getting used to playing with a Okafor, they are getting used to Crabbe - when you see clips of his play in Portland, he was gettimg much better set ups. Nets aren't at that level yet , .. in terms of integrating Crabbe, and his comfort level with team
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,901

Post#562 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Jan 8, 2018 2:29 pm

I agree, a lot of Crabbe's threes are rushed almost as if he's shooting under duress. that's something that the team and coaching staff need to clean up.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
LKIRNets
Starter
And1: 598

Post#563 » by LKIRNets » Tue Jan 9, 2018 5:53 am

Read on Twitter

should have been an And1.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#564 » by Prokorov » Tue Jan 9, 2018 2:33 pm

Glad Crabbe is ok... it looked real akward.

he played a hell of a game... big rebounds, solid defense, hit his threes early and the huge shot at the end of regulation
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#565 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Jan 9, 2018 2:52 pm

easily his best game of the season. That's the type of game he should bring every night. Raptors were running guys off of the line and he made the adjustment and he was hitting the corners hard. I'm hoping he continues to be aggressive.

treiz
RealGM
And1: 564

Post#566 » by treiz » Tue Jan 9, 2018 8:54 pm

Loved how aggressive he was at for that game-tying point. That was real progress there, I expected him to take a 3 as soon as he got the ball.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#567 » by Paradise » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:50 am

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Post#568 » by kamaze » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:07 am

MGrand15 wrote:
treiz wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:the contract number is what causes this. i've already given up on him living up to the contract. I just want him to add something to his offensive toolset and continue to play hard defensively. I think the guy gets dumped on a bit too much. He needs to play better, but there's clearly a lack of patience when it comes to him.

MGrand15 wrote:It seems that everything with this team is about development until it comes to Crabbe. Then all we care about is production - no matter the injuries forcing him to take a larger role than expected :lol:

Of course, because he's being paid to produce now and to a high level (like an all-star) and he isn't. Yes there's progression but he needs to do more considering that he's the highest paid player on the team. Why does that sound outrageous?

The difference between him and say Allen/Russell/RHJ/Okafar/Levert and why there's a lot more patience with them and why we should demand production now, is because they're not severely overpaid and hindering our future cap space.

It's outrageous because he had the same contract last year and didn't play like an all star. Expecting him to do that here with absolutely no track record of all star play is a little strange. From the moment he got here, the team understood he was a work in progress.

At the beginning of the year, Kenny said the goal was to develop him into a good starter. If the team was 100% healthy, there's a solid chance he'd be coming off the bench to start.

We're also ignoring the fact that were missing our two lead guards and arguably our two best players. Russell and Lin. Crabbe is always gonna be a guy that plays better when the team is better.

I think if we can preach development and patience and how failure is good for the team, we can wait and see how Crabbe progresses.

He wasn't signed to be the man DLo and Lin were to be the focus in the back court with him coming off the bench.

He was thrust into the starting lineup when they both went down, he'll be better when the team gets better. For now he's a great defender yet inconsistent on offense but I think that will improve when there are more players the defense has to focus on.
I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton
steady
Veteran
And1: 1,351

Post#569 » by steady » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:14 am

Against Pistons Crabbe had five threes. One was a tough shot off a Caris pass in backcourt . But the other four were much easier open shots and the assists were kick outs from front court -- Allen. RHJ (2) and Zeller. Beautiful feeds with plenty of time for Crabbe to get set. Hockey assists - Din to Allen to Crabbe. Stuff like that. They're starting to figure it out

I still say Crabbe has best stroke on team
bws94
Head Coach
And1: 1,222

Post#570 » by bws94 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:26 am

NIce game from Crabbe tonight. Check the film, Allen. There's a lot you did well tonight.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#571 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:39 pm

yeah he was aggressive and he was really active off of the ball. he's learning.

we just got blitzed. nothing to really gain from this one, we didn't play our usual brand of basketball.

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#572 » by Prokorov » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:18 pm

Crabbe is playing SUPER high IQ basketball right now. that may be overlooked. you can tell kenny is in his ear and he is executing what he is being told.

still needs to do more with the rock besides shoot. but i cant help but love his effort and attitude. just wish he made less. would help a ton if carroll gets moved or a pick and salary releif
Claud
Sixth Man
And1: 872

Post#573 » by Claud » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:25 pm

Prokorov wrote:Crabbe is playing SUPER high IQ basketball right now. that may be overlooked. you can tell kenny is in his ear and he is executing what he is being told.

still needs to do more with the rock besides shoot. but i cant help but love his effort and attitude. just wish he made less. would help a ton if carroll gets moved or a pick and salary releif

I thought he was a one-dimensional shooter but I've seen enough to understand what Marks was thinking. Obviously he's getting overpaid but we need these gambles when you don't have a lot of assets.

The most impressive thing for me has been his attitude on defense. I think under "Atkinson diet" he can take a step forward as a player with a good off-season with our staff under his belt. He needs to look at clips of RIP Hamilton and Reggie Miller during the summer.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#574 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:04 pm

Prokorov wrote:Crabbe is playing SUPER high IQ basketball right now. that may be overlooked. you can tell kenny is in his ear and he is executing what he is being told.

He is hitting those corners hard on the screens for the catch and shoot. It's beautiful to watch. he should definitely study film of Richard Hamilton.

He needs to add another weapon to his offensive game so that when he puts it on the floor he won't be so hurried to pass the ball. and he needs to start hitting the open mid rangers when he gets them. sometimes you've got to take what they give you.

Defensively he's been getting better every week. if we can get some salary relief to make his contract less worrisome to the overall cap picture i'm all for it.

honestly, I love his defensive presence even moreso than his offense. He's always being disruptive and he doesn't take plays off.

kamaze
General Manager

Post#575 » by kamaze » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:07 am

MrDollarBills wrote:

He is hitting those corners hard on the screens for the catch and shoot. It's beautiful to watch. he should definitely study film of Richard Hamilton.

He needs to add another weapon to his offensive game so that when he puts it on the floor he won't be so hurried to pass the ball. and he needs to start hitting the open mid rangers when he gets them. sometimes you've got to take what they give you.

Defensively he's been getting better every week. if we can get some salary relief to make his contract less worrisome to the overall cap picture i'm all for it.

honestly, I love his defensive presence even moreso than his offense. He's always being disruptive and he doesn't take plays off.

Crabbe has developed a floater off the dribble, sometimes he takes it all the way to the rim for a layup you guys don't give him credit for what he's already added to his game. He's became a good defender and gets warmed up around this time of year. He's been playing well 20 points againts Toronto

@:51 in the second clip he takes a shot off the dribble @1:46 he gets a layup in transition.

He has 10 points in the 3rd quarter right now.

LKIRNets
Starter

Post#576 » by LKIRNets » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:46 am

Something that went forgotten in that last game vs Washington is how Crabbe played lockdown D and went 3 for 4 from 3 at money time.
Aussienet3
Junior
And1: 90

Post#577 » by Aussienet3 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:14 am

My take on Crabbe is this. His over all play has improved heaps. Sure we would all like him to be averaging 16-18 pts per game. But he has been consistent and playing D to the best of his ability. The best way to explain his offense is to look at that cut and finish against the raptors. No way does he do that in November last year.
LKIRNets
Starter

Post#578 » by LKIRNets » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:42 am

Allen Crabbe's best games have been wit D'Lo. I don't know what Russell understands about him that Dinwiddie doesn't. But they have a chemistry offensively.
kamaze
General Manager

Post#579 » by kamaze » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:10 pm

Aussienet3 wrote:My take on Crabbe is this. His over all play has improved heaps. Sure we would all like him to be averaging 16-18 pts per game. But he has been consistent and playing D to the best of his ability. The best way to explain his offense is to look at that cut and finish against the raptors. No way does he do that in November last year.

His career average is 8.8 this year it's 12 ppg he's scoring enough and he puts in the effort it takes to be a good defender like you said so he's a 2 way player.
And he'll only get better he's 25 in his 1st year in Brooklyn.

LKIRNets
Starter

Post#580 » by LKIRNets » Thu Feb 8, 2018 2:54 am

Read on Twitter

Return to Brooklyn Nets