Nets - In Season Moves & Possible Trade Ideas

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Process
Freshman
And1: 10

Re: RE: Re: Nets - In Season Moves & Possible Trade Ideas 

Post#181 » by Process » Thu Nov 9, 2017 2:35 pm

brook wrote:
Process wrote:Right now id be happy if we looked at Miles Plumlee for Mozgov, still a horrid contract, horrid player but he can't be any worse than Gov
I don't know man...

Inviato dal mio ALE-L21 utilizzando Tapatalk

Haha true, Christian Wood anyone? G league star, played alright in summer leagues and pre season matches from memory
Rockice_24
Starter
And1: 816

Re: Nets - In Season Moves & Possible Trade Ideas 

Post#182 » by Rockice_24 » Thu Nov 9, 2017 2:36 pm

What are everyone's thoughts on Jabari Parker? He is insanely talented but the obvious reason he isn't maxed out is two ACL injuries. He would be the perfect fit here as the future wing but it doesn't come with major risks.

D-Lo
Levert
Parker
RHJ
Allen

That lineup has length and versatility on both ends. With little other ways to add a star like Parker would it be worth the risk to offer him a big deal and pray that he stays healthy?
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,599

Post#183 » by TheNetsFan » Thu Nov 9, 2017 3:17 pm

I doubt Phoenix would do it, but I'd offer any/all of our 2018 picks to dump Mozgov for Chandler or Monroe.
brook
Senior
And1: 115

Re: RE: Re: Nets - In Season Moves & Possible Trade Ideas 

Post#184 » by brook » Thu Nov 9, 2017 3:37 pm

Process wrote:
brook wrote:
Process wrote:Right now id be happy if we looked at Miles Plumlee for Mozgov, still a horrid contract, horrid player but he can't be any worse than Gov
I don't know man...

Inviato dal mio ALE-L21 utilizzando Tapatalk

Haha true, Christian Wood anyone? G league star, played alright in summer leagues and pre season matches from memory

I never saw him play but I remember a friend of mine (Philly's fan) who spokes very well about him two seasons ago.

Wood didn't play much with Philly or Charlotte but he's still 22.
Karate Diop
General Manager
And1: 9,836

Post#185 » by Karate Diop » Thu Nov 9, 2017 4:24 pm

Montrezl Harrell isn't getting much burn with the Clippers... I'd love to take him off their hands while his value is still low...
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#186 » by Prokorov » Thu Nov 9, 2017 4:30 pm

Rockice_24 wrote:What are everyone's thoughts on Jabari Parker? He is insanely talented but the obvious reason he isn't maxed out is two ACL injuries. He would be the perfect fit here as the future wing but it doesn't come with major risks.

D-Lo
Levert
Parker
RHJ
Allen

That lineup has length and versatility on both ends. With little other ways to add a star like Parker would it be worth the risk to offer him a big deal and pray that he stays healthy?

with how much bad salary we have, and how many guys are going to be due big extensions, i want no part of giving huge money to a guy with injury history like that
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,177

Post#187 » by Keith Van Horn » Thu Nov 9, 2017 5:26 pm

Rockice_24 wrote:What are everyone's thoughts on Jabari Parker? He is insanely talented but the obvious reason he isn't maxed out is two ACL injuries. He would be the perfect fit here as the future wing but it doesn't come with major risks.

D-Lo
Levert
Parker
RHJ
Allen

Look back at the start of this thread and what I said. Parker is the perfect fit for us. We'd probably have to trade and give up Levert at minimum.
Mulhollanddrive
RealGM
And1: 7,915

Post#188 » by Mulhollanddrive » Thu Nov 9, 2017 10:10 pm

Is Dinwiddie gettable for draft picks (let's say 20 and 45) or is he part of your core going forward?
Claud
Sixth Man
And1: 872

Post#189 » by Claud » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:03 am

Mulhollanddrive wrote:Is Dinwiddie gettable for draft picks (let's say 20 and 45) or is he part of your core going forward?

Not even close. We have him tied down for a couple of seasons at a very good deal and he looks like a taller George Hill type-player.
He also just became a starter so I highly doubt it.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Nets - In Season Moves & Possible Trade Ideas 

Post#190 » by Paradise » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:09 am

I personally think Sean Marks is going to wait until 2019 to land the next unicorn in the NBA.

MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,844

Post#191 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:41 am

Paradise wrote:I personally think Sean Marks is going to wait until 2019 to land the next unicorn in the NBA.

well, he's clearly more skilled than his late pops. (rip)

that said, i need to see tape of him versus college aged players. these high school aau clips really don't show who is going to be good, and who isn't.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#192 » by Paradise » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:23 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
Paradise wrote:I personally think Sean Marks is going to wait until 2019 to land the next unicorn in the NBA.

well, he's clearly more skilled than his late pops. (rip)

that said, i need to see tape of him versus college aged players. these high school aau clips really don't show who is going to be good, and who isn't.

Fair enough.

Here’s a look at the 2019 mock draft via DX-ESPN:

Spoiler:
ESPN's Future Power Rankings were used to determine draft order.

[1] Chicago Bulls

R.J. Barrett | Montverde Academy (HS Sr.) | SG | Age: 17

Barrett established himself as arguably the top prospect in high school basketball with a phenomenal showing at the U19 World Championship in Cairo this summer. He's a highly versatile wing player with tremendous scoring instincts.

New odds to win No. 1 pick (with worst record): 14.0 percent

[2] Boston Celtics (via Kings)

Zion Williamson | Spartanburg Day (HS Sr.) | PF | Age: 17

Williamson is more than just a social media phenomenon, although his freakish explosiveness is a big part of what makes him special. He plays with a reckless abandon that scouts love to see and has a good feel for the game along with a willingness to defend. The big question mark is whether he can develop any type of jump shot, since he's not very tall at around 6-foot-7.

No. 1 pick odds: 14.0 percent

The Celtics will receive the better pick between Sacramento and Philadelphia (protected for No. 1) only if they do not receive the Lakers' pick in 2018 (protected for No. 1 and Nos. 6-30).

[3] Atlanta Hawks

Sekou Doumbouya | Poitiers (France, international '99) | PF | Age: 16

Doumbouya wowed NBA scouts at the U18 European Championship last December, despite having turned 16 years old just days prior. He has been producing well in France at the pro level, too. He's an impressive athlete with a budding skill level offensively, but his jump shot and defensive intensity are a work in progress.

No. 1 pick odds: 14.0 percent

[4] Brooklyn Nets

Cameron Reddish | Westtown School (HS Sr.) | SF | Age: 18

Reddish's production doesn't always match his potential, but he has enviable physical tools and impressive versatility on both ends of the floor. He can play (and guard) anywhere from 1-4, and has shown improvement with his jump shot. He willingly admits he needs to play with a higher intensity level, as he has a tendency to blend in at times relative to his talent level.

No. 1 pick odds: 12.5 percent

[5] Phoenix Suns

Anfernee Simons | Edgewater HS (HS Sr.) | SG | Age: 18

Simons decommitted from Louisville as part of the ongoing FBI/DOJ NCAA investigation. He has recently developed into one of the most gifted scorers in high school basketball and carries significant upside thanks to his combination of physical tools and budding talent. He's the type of player for whom the game comes very easy.

No. 1 pick odds: 10.5 percent

[6] Indiana Pacers

Immanuel Quickley | John Carroll School (HS Sr.) | PG | Age: 18

Quickley has prototypical size and length to go along with strong perimeter shooting prowess and multi-positional defensive versatility. He's a high-IQ guard who does a lot of the things you look for in a point guard his size.

No. 1 pick odds: 9.0 percent

[7] New York Knicks

Nassir Little | Orlando Christian Prep (HS Sr.) | SF | Age: 17

Little's name has been mentioned in the recent FBI/DOJ NCAA investigation, which might complicate his college eligibility. He made a name for himself among NBA scouts with a strong showing at the Adidas EuroCamp in Italy this past June. His length, physicality and energy level on both ends of the floor, as well as his ability to score inside and out, really stood out.

No. 1 pick odds: 7.5 percent

[8] New Orleans Pelicans

Quentin Grimes | Woodlands College Park (HS Sr.) | SG | Age: 17

Grimes is a tough, aggressive guard who does a little bit of everything on both ends of the floor. He has very good tools and instincts, but is still figuring out how to put it all together on a consistent basis in terms of polish and decision-making. Grimes improved significantly in the past year and still appears to have plenty of room to continue to grow.

No. 1 pick odds: 6.0 percent

[9] Boston Celtics (via Grizzlies)

Romeo Langford | College Park HS (HS Sr.) | SG | Age: 17

Physical specimen of a wing prospect with excellent size, length, frame and athleticism. Langford is a dangerous open-court player who can also make shots impressively off the bounce. He also has significant potential defensively. His on-court decision-making and polish in the half court is still a work in progress.

No. 1 pick odds: 4.5 percent

The Grizzlies owe the Celtics their 2019 first-round pick, protected Nos. 1-8 in 2019, Nos. 1-6 in 2020 and unprotected in 2021.

[10] Orlando Magic

Darius Garland | Brentwood Academy (HS Sr.) | PG | Age: 17

Arguably the most skilled, creative and polished point guard in his high school class, Garland had a tremendous showing at the Adidas EuroCamp in Italy in front of representatives from all 30 NBA teams. He does not possess great size, length or strength for his position, but his ability to play at different speeds and make shots from all over the floor gives him a chance to be a high draft pick if he continues to improve his physical profile.

No. 1 pick odds: 3.0 percent

[11] Dallas Mavericks

Luka Samanic | Barcelona (Spain, international '99) | SF/PF | Age: 17

A 6-foot-11 combo forward who can shoot 3s, play above the rim and display great instincts defensively, Samanic was named MVP of the U18 European Championship Division B, despite playing up a year at the event. His toughness and intensity level have yet to match his overall talent.

No. 1 pick odds: 2.0 percent

[12] Charlotte Hornets

Kevin Knox | Kentucky (NCAA Fr.) | SF/PF | Age: 18

Knox is one of a half-dozen players on Kentucky's roster who fancy themselves as wings or combo forwards, none of whom has a consistent jump shot in his arsenal at the moment. He's a fluid athlete who can guard multiple positions when motivated, but he'll have to show he can buy into his role as an energy giver and make shots consistently from the perimeter to cement his standing among NBA decision-makers.

No. 1 pick odds: 1.5 percent

[13] Detroit Pistons

Nickeil Alexander-Walker | Virginia Tech (NCAA Fr.) | PG | Age: 19

A combo guard with the size and length to play either backcourt position, the Canadian shows solid creativity and instincts on both ends of the floor. He's in a strong situation to continue to develop the things he needs to work on, namely his strength, toughness and polish, but has good upside thanks to his versatility and budding talent.

No. 1 pick odds: 1.0 percent

[14] Los Angeles Lakers

Emmanuel Akot | Arizona (NCAA Fr.) | SF | Age: 18

Akot has good size, strength and athleticism for a combo forward, as well as strong versatility on both ends of the floor. He is dangerous in the open court, can make an open 3-pointer and plays with significant energy defensively. The Canadian does not have great length, nor is he an overly polished half-court player offensively.

No. 1 pick odds: 0.5 percent
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,844

Post#193 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:59 pm

I didn't say that about Bol to mean that he isn't going to be good. He is freakishly big just like Zion. That makes me want to see them against guys who are their size...high school ball is kind of a joke to me when NBA prospects who are 6'9 and 7'2 are kicking the tar out of 5'11 16 year olds lol

I say in 2019 we got Best player available, position be damned. just take the best overall prospect. I'm very excited to get our pick back. While I hope that we aren't so bad that we are picking in the top 5, I'm glad we can get......

jesus **** ing christ, how many picks does Boston have?
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
TheNetsFan
Head Coach

Post#194 » by TheNetsFan » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:27 pm

Mulhollanddrive wrote:Is Dinwiddie gettable for draft picks (let's say 20 and 45) or is he part of your core going forward?

I don't think anybody is untouchable on the roster, but given Dinwiddie is locked in for the minimum over the next two years, if he were moved, it would likely be with other salary in tow.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#195 » by Prokorov » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:36 pm

Keith Van Horn wrote:

D-Lo
Levert
Parker
RHJ
Allen

Look back at the start of this thread and what I said. Parker is the perfect fit for us. We'd probably have to trade and give up Levert at minimum.

I like parker, but given our situation, im not sure id make that move. even without having to give up levert, its tough to take on even more risk....

We would be looking at:

Crabbe - 19 M
Russell -20+ million (once extended)
Parker 20+ million
Carroll 15+ million
Mozgov 15+ million
RHJ - 14-16+ million? (once extended)

thats is alot of money to commited to a team with alot of potential issues. We would be paying russell/crabbe/parker like 60-70 million combined and i dont know if thta "big three" gets you more then a 5-7 seed and it has serious disaster potential i parker got hurt and crabbe didnt become more of a scoring threat.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#196 » by Prokorov » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:49 pm

TheNetsFan wrote:I doubt Phoenix would do it, but I'd offer any/all of our 2018 picks to dump Mozgov for Chandler or Monroe.

im not giving up draft picks to add a guy who we could sign as a free agent in the off-season (monroe) or who doesnt move the needle for us as a non-playoff team or shed salary (chandler).

i wouldnt be 100% against moving mozgov in a salary dump situation so if doing it for monroe is just to dump salary with 0% chance of bringing him back... maybe. but if the intention is to keep monroe after this year. no.
TheNetsFan
Head Coach

Post#197 » by TheNetsFan » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:58 pm

Prokorov wrote:
TheNetsFan wrote:I doubt Phoenix would do it, but I'd offer any/all of our 2018 picks to dump Mozgov for Chandler or Monroe.

im not giving up draft picks to add a guy who we could sign as a free agent in the off-season (monroe) or who doesnt move the needle for us as a non-playoff team or shed salary (chandler).

i wouldnt be 100% against moving mozgov in a salary dump situation so if doing it for monroe is just to dump salary with 0% chance of bringing him back... maybe. but if the intention is to keep monroe after this year. no.

The intention is 100% to eliminate (Monroe) or greatly reduce (Chandler) Mozgov's salary.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#198 » by Prokorov » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:44 pm

TheNetsFan wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

The intention is 100% to eliminate (Monroe) or greatly reduce (Chandler) Mozgov's salary.

chandler shaves off a year. i dont think im trading a pick for that. monroe i would consider as a pure salary dump... but it really depends on what decisions we plan on making. if we keep lin and extend russell/RHJ then we would have no cap even with clearing mozgov.
TheNetsFan
Head Coach

Post#199 » by TheNetsFan » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:13 pm

Prokorov wrote:
chandler shaves off a year. i dont think im trading a pick for that. monroe i would consider as a pure salary dump... but it really depends on what decisions we plan on making. if we keep lin and extend russell/RHJ then we would have no cap even with clearing mozgov.

Chandler shaves off $19.1mil, granted only about $2.5mil is next year. However, if Marks did want to make a move in the offseason, negotiating a buyout and stretching or trading Chandler's deal would be easier than Mozgov's. Chandler is also seemingly more of a leader than Mozgov is.

Monroe would absolutely be preferable, but I'm not sure Phoenix takes on Mozgov for mid to late picks without sending back significant salary.

It would also keep the chain of transitional assets and liabilities moving.

Bojan + CMC + Cap for Nicholson & pick -> Lopez + pick for D'Angelo + Mozgov, Nicholson for Crabbe -> Carroll & picks for Hamilton

If you can leverage the Carroll picks to dump Mozgov, the net result would more or less be Bojan + CMC + Lopez for Russell + Crabbe + Carroll.

I'm biased towards cap space. We have a very young roster as it is, and I'm not sure adding more late 1st and second round prospects is a good thing.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#200 » by Prokorov » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:31 pm

TheNetsFan wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

Chandler shaves off $19.1mil, granted only about $2.5mil is next year. However, if Marks did want to make a move in the offseason, negotiating a buyout and stretching or trading Chandler's deal would be easier than Mozgov's. Chandler is also seemingly more of a leader than Mozgov is.

Monroe would absolutely be preferable, but I'm not sure Phoenix takes on Mozgov for mid to late picks without sending back significant salary.

It would also keep the chain of transitional assets and liabilities moving.

Bojan + CMC + Cap for Nicholson & pick -> Lopez + pick for D'Angelo + Mozgov, Nicholson for Crabbe -> Carroll & picks for Hamilton

If you can leverage the Carroll picks to dump Mozgov, the net result would more or less be Bojan + CMC + Lopez for Russell + Crabbe + Carroll.

I'm biased towards cap space. We have a very young roster as it is, and I'm not sure adding more late 1st and second round prospects is a good thing.

im biased towards cap space too... my issue with these moves is i dont think it really gives us much. with the monroe move we would get some releif, but again, that becomes irrelevant if we extend russell/RHJ cause even with mozgovs salalry cleared we would have less then the MLE in cap room.

with chandler, we only shed the last year of mozgov. and we would probably be over the cap by the time we got there, again, make it less relevant

Return to Brooklyn Nets