Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Re: GT: (4-6) Nets @ Nuggets (5-5) - Tues, Nov 7, 9:00pm YES 

Post#181 » by CalamityX12 » Wed Nov 8, 2017 3:59 pm

Knicks can win games.....

why can't we?
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#182 » by Paradise » Wed Nov 8, 2017 4:23 pm

CalamityX12 wrote:Knicks can win games.....

why can't we?

1. The Knicks are at home awhile right now.

2. KP is doing what Russell wish he could. In addition, He’s averaging 21 shots and a 35.6 usage rate in an offense designed for him. Meanwhile, Russ is getting 16 shots here with a similar usage rate.

3. Knicks have been down by 15 in the majority of their last couple games and KP single handedly willed their wins.

4. After KP’s brother/agent came out and said KP would reject any contract extensions if the Knicks don’t get it together probably also plays a factor.

5. We have the worst C rotation in the league until Jarrett Allen develops into our unicorn starting center.

KP is a tough cover for bigs today. Although, it may not be that hard to Guard him in 3 Years. We’ve got a ‘unicorn’ filled draft coming up with bigs like Mo Bamba, DeAndre Ayton, Bol Bol who are legitimate 7 footers with handles and a three point shot.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#183 » by Prokorov » Wed Nov 8, 2017 4:31 pm

CalamityX12 wrote:Knicks can win games.....

why can't we?

We dont have godzingas doing godlike things. They also have a better home court advantage and less defensive issues. 5 of 6 wins at home.

Kristaps is playing at an MVP level right now. carrying them big time:

30/8 with 2.5 blocks, 38% from three 60 TS and 30 PER
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#184 » by CalamityX12 » Wed Nov 8, 2017 4:46 pm

that's it, KP is the only difference?
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,745

Post#185 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Nov 8, 2017 5:04 pm

CalamityX12 wrote:that's it, KP is the only difference?

They also have a center rotation of Enes Kaner, Kyle O'Quinn, and Willy Hernangomez. Makes a big difference when you have some pushback inside. They are also not getting hammered with injuries.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Paradise

GT: (4-6) Nets @ Nuggets (5-5) - Tues, Nov 7, 9:00pm YES 

Post#186 » by Paradise » Wed Nov 8, 2017 5:07 pm

Yep.

Houston destroyed them last week and It’s not like they are beating up teams every night. Charlotte put 40 Points in the first 1 quarter, Indiana put up 74 in a half. Their D isn’t good unless KP is out there, their O isn’t good unless he’s out there.

It’s a one man show but they rebound, get points inside because they have a lot of bigs and teams are smaller.

We don’t have anyone capable of what Kanter does, Hernangomez does. Booker is the only guy with a skill in the post. Barely, I might add.

Before those scream for Brook Lopez, KP would likely be embarrassing him too. We just need a two way big.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#187 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Nov 8, 2017 5:35 pm

doesn't help when we are also down our team's best overall player, one of our best bench players, and the only center on the team that can defend, rebound, and block shots.

Claud
Sixth Man
And1: 872

Post#188 » by Claud » Wed Nov 8, 2017 5:42 pm

I thought we were solid since it was 2nd night of back to back, in Denver vs a more rested/talented team.

Russell and Crabbe were pretty bad but highs and lows are expected as they continue to search for their games in this system.
Levert had his best offensive game of the season and glimpses of the old Levert were seen. Very happy with this development and hope it continues.

Mozgov is a huge negative at all times and Zeller is a serviceable back-up, meaning our current C rotation is putrid.
Going against teams with multiple talented bigs is a huge task for our team this season. Until Allen and Booker are back we will suffer.

After being down 20 plus in the 3rd they continued to push and the effort was good to see. Tough one.
Alatan
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,539

Post#189 » by Alatan » Wed Nov 8, 2017 5:54 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:Damn i still wish we can somehow get Plumlee back here.

Plumlee for Carroll straight up ?
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#190 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Nov 8, 2017 5:56 pm

Alatan wrote:

Nah I like Carroll

Alatan
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,539

Post#191 » by Alatan » Wed Nov 8, 2017 6:00 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Alatan wrote:

Nah I like Carroll

Yeah, he is cool.
Paradise

Post#192 » by Paradise » Wed Nov 8, 2017 6:07 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:doesn't help when we are also down our team's best overall player, one of our best bench players, and the only center on the team that can defend, rebound, and block shots.

Russell could’ve finished with 45/15/15 and we’d still lose.

This is still an alarming stat for the rest of the season.

Read on Twitter
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,177

Post#193 » by Keith Van Horn » Wed Nov 8, 2017 6:30 pm

so what's the latest with Allen's health? we're missing him bad.

also how's that guy Pasecnik's doing... and where did he land in the draft?
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#194 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Nov 8, 2017 7:01 pm

Paradise wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:doesn't help when we are also down our team's best overall player, one of our best bench players, and the only center on the team that can defend, rebound, and block shots.

Russell could’ve finished with 45/15/15 and we’d still lose.

This is still an alarming stat for the rest of the season.

Read on Twitter

not good.

SpeedyG
RealGM
And1: 1,310

Post#195 » by SpeedyG » Wed Nov 8, 2017 9:50 pm

Gonna be honest: I turned the game off in the third quarter. I think we all know what this team is: shoots tons of threes, pushes pace to get shots, plays with effort, and is susceptible to bigs.

The team didn't do any of that vs. the Nuggets.

This team (and Markinson) needs to figure out how to "fix" this defense. Whether it's changing philosophies and scheme, playing different guys or rotation, or bringing in someone else.

Until this defense is fixed, this team will be frustrating to watch because they simply cannot match up with most teams that have good bigs.

Compare the shots we took vs the shots the Nuggets took. It's not even close. Rarely did we get clean good looks. Meanwhile, almost every time they took a j, it was clean.
Bless the man if his heart and his land are one ~ FrancisM, R.I.P. 3/6/09
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#196 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Nov 9, 2017 12:43 am

SpeedyG wrote:Gonna be honest: I turned the game off in the third quarter. I think we all know what this team is: shoots tons of threes, pushes pace to get shots, plays with effort, and is susceptible to bigs.

This team (and Markinson) needs to figure out how to "fix" this defense. Whether it's changing philosophies and scheme, playing different guys or rotation, or bringing in someone else.

Until this defense is fixed, this team will be frustrating to watch because they simply cannot match up with most teams that have good bigs.

Compare the shots we took vs the shots the Nuggets took. It's not even close. Rarely did we get clean good looks. Meanwhile, almost every time they took a j, it was clean.

I don't think scheme has anything to do with it tbh. Our best defensive anchor as a big man is a 19 year old rookie currently out with a foot strain. after that, we have zero defensive push back inside and the bigs with stretch ability take advantage of the fact that Mozgov and Zeller are useless when they get pulled out to the 3pt line.

SpeedyG
RealGM
And1: 1,310

Post#197 » by SpeedyG » Thu Nov 9, 2017 2:53 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
SpeedyG wrote:Gonna be honest: I turned the game off in the third quarter. I think we all know what this team is: shoots tons of threes, pushes pace to get shots, plays with effort, and is susceptible to bigs.

I don't think scheme has anything to do with it tbh. Our best defensive anchor as a big man is a 19 year old rookie currently out with a foot strain. after that, we have zero defensive push back inside and the bigs with stretch ability take advantage of the fact that Mozgov and Zeller are useless when they get pulled out to the 3pt line.

Well, that's the thing. I'm not sure if its by design or just the limitations of the players we have. But Mozgov and Zeller are really sagging off waaaaaay too far when defending pnrs. Even Brook, who was as slow footed as it comes for a center, doesn't sag off as much as these (Mozgov specially) two do. Booker has been out, and I can't recall if he did the same as well in the earlier games.

We also have our guards go under a lot (giving them open shots, especially mid-range on 1/5 pnrs) or chase over (instead of fighting through), which creates more space for the ball handler when the screener rolls to the basket.

These things have been happening far too often and with far too many different players (especially 1/5 pnrs) that it has to be by design. And perhaps, it is forced by Mozgov and Zeller's lack of athleticism. Even with the length of our big guards (Russ and Din), and the length of our wings (Crabbe, RHJ), I really don't notice a lot of differences in how we played the pnr game.

The only one that stood out to me adjustment wise, IMO, was the Knicks (?) game, when desperation set in and we went with RHJ at the center spot. It did help with the defense, and IIRC, we did more switching with that lineup, but of course...we got killed due to the lack of size.
Bless the man if his heart and his land are one ~ FrancisM, R.I.P. 3/6/09
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#198 » by Prokorov » Thu Nov 9, 2017 4:26 pm

Yes... the difference between us being 6-4 and 4-7 is an MVP calibur player(or at keast a guy playing like one).

its not like they are 12-2

Return to Brooklyn Nets