ImageImageImageImageImage

The Official Lin Net Thread III.5

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Re: The Official Lin Net Thread III.5 

Post#481 » by Prokorov » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:23 pm

hood30 wrote:How long is Kenny Atkinson contract?

Kenny Atkinson will be on his third season as Nets head coach next year and I think he himself would probably want to win a bit more at that point to show positive trend. So depending on how Lin looks in compare to the other younger players like Dinwiddie, I don't see Kenny just playing the younger player if they're not clearly better than a now healthy Lin after 2 years of development.

I think Kenny will let them compete for their place and I frankly don't think the "play the younger guy no matter what" will be the rule on the third year. At this point, the younger guys will need to show that all these minutes they've been given for the past 2 years wasn't a waste.

If Dinwiddie and Levert and Whitehead and Allen Crabbe can not demonstrate they're all better than a returning Lin, should they really automatically play ahead of him?

I say let them fight it out in training camp. If Lin has lost a step, all these guys should be able to easily demonstrate it in practice/training camp.

If kenny ants to sabotage the franchise and move to a win now approach due to personal success he should be fire immedietly.
hood30
Rookie
And1: 229

Post#482 » by hood30 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:14 am

Prokorov wrote:

Kenny Atkinson will be on his third season as Nets head coach next year and I think he himself would probably want to win a bit more at that point to show positive trend. So depending on how Lin looks in compare to the other younger players like Dinwiddie, I don't see Kenny just playing the younger player if they're not clearly better than a now healthy Lin after 2 years of development.

I think Kenny will let them compete for their place and I frankly don't think the "play the younger guy no matter what" will be the rule on the third year. At this point, the younger guys will need to show that all these minutes they've been given for the past 2 years wasn't a waste.

If Dinwiddie and Levert and Whitehead and Allen Crabbe can not demonstrate they're all better than a returning Lin, should they really automatically play ahead of him?

I say let them fight it out in training camp. If Lin has lost a step, all these guys should be able to easily demonstrate it in practice/training camp.

If kenny ants to sabotage the franchise and move to a win now approach due to personal success he should be fire immedietly.

It's been 2 years of development. If a young guy that has been here for 2 years with plenty of minutes, can not demonstrate he's "now" better than a 30 year old guy that is suppose to be crippled by the type of injury Lin suffered, than maybe it's time to find some new young guys.

Dinwiddie and whitehead and Crabbe and LeVert should not be ahead of Lin if Lin outplays them in training camp. Everyone expect Lin to not return as the same player, so it should be easy for them to demonstrate that...No excuse for any of them really.

Lin, of course, will have to demonstrate he's the same player but the other guys need to also demonstrate they're now the better option after 2 long years of development.

Maybe it's time to re-assess these guys potential if Lin is still looking much better than them.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#483 » by ChokeFasncists » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:08 pm

Roy Tarpley wrote:
Read on Twitter

He's looking great!

:droop: :rock: :clap: :party: :beer: :rockon:
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM

Post#484 » by ChokeFasncists » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:09 pm

Lorenzomax7 wrote:Lin had partial tear at the same patellar tendon at age 22.5, that's right before Linsanity happened.

Good to know. So maybe it just wasn't healed properly. He probably worked too hard back then without enough caution, now should be better.

OTOH, could it be that a partial tear led to a partial Linsanity; a full tear would lead to a full Linsanity??!!

:pray:
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM

Post#485 » by ChokeFasncists » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:05 pm

Lorenzomax7 wrote:It's cool that you guys still want to talk about him.

I am almost out... I am like the guy who had that surgery. I'm waiting for his come-back, but I don't want to remind myself everyday that I'm still waiting...

Hey, I'm like the guy who had that surgery as well, this year I've taken the time to be rehabbing my various ailments, doing yoga, calisthenics, massager, herbal therapy, physical therapy exercises and chi gong regularly. It might have been L'inspired. :angel:

(I'm not writing him off 8-) )
Thanks for the honesty.
Roy Tarpley
Veteran
And1: 987

Post#486 » by Roy Tarpley » Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:12 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

C'mon Jlin, work on the left hand!
bws94
Head Coach
And1: 1,222

Post#487 » by bws94 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:44 am

Looks like Lin is practicing how to land on the reverse. Problem is, he's usually twisting past guys to get that shot off and he just ends up landing and falling.
Roy Tarpley
Veteran

Post#488 » by Roy Tarpley » Wed Apr 4, 2018 7:51 pm

Read on Twitter

LOL, who is this Jay Chou dude at the end. Weekend warrior form but he's got a consistent shot from the foul line. Sign him up!
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,436

Post#489 » by vincecarter4pres » Thu Apr 5, 2018 5:53 pm

I'd love to see Lin make a full recovery and beast next year.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#490 » by MGrand15 » Thu Apr 5, 2018 6:37 pm

Prokorov wrote:

Sabotage the franchise by letting them compete in training camp?

Should he be fired for starting Demarre Carroll? Playing Acy and Cunningham and Booker?

Your Lin hate really gets you illogical. :lol:
hood30
Rookie

Post#491 » by hood30 » Thu Apr 5, 2018 7:54 pm

MGrand15 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

Sabotage the franchise by letting them compete in training camp?

Should he be fired for starting Demarre Carroll? Playing Acy and Cunningham and Booker?

Your Lin hate really gets you illogical. :lol:

Exactly. After 2 years getting plenty of development minutes, it is now time to earn your spot on your own right instead of it being handed out to you. Swim or sink baby. These guys should lavish competing against Lin for a starting guard spot since he's 30 and coming off a bad injury.

Seeing how kenny has been dealing with Russell's minutes, I doubt he'll based his minutes allocation on age on the third year. If Lin was healthy, he'd be playing a lot right now since he's looked better in last year 30 games than any current Nets guard at the moment.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#492 » by Prokorov » Thu Apr 5, 2018 9:19 pm

hood30 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

It's been 2 years of development. If a young guy that has been here for 2 years with plenty of minutes, can not demonstrate he's "now" better than a 30 year old guy that is suppose to be crippled by the type of injury Lin suffered, than maybe it's time to find some new young guys.

Dinwiddie and whitehead and Crabbe and LeVert should not be ahead of Lin if Lin outplays them in training camp. Everyone expect Lin to not return as the same player, so it should be easy for them to demonstrate that...No excuse for any of them really.

Lin, of course, will have to demonstrate he's the same player but the other guys need to also demonstrate they're now the better option after 2 long years of development.

Maybe it's time to re-assess these guys potential if Lin is still looking much better than them.

you dont sit levert for an oft-injured, 30 year old, expiring player who has no future here. kenny should be fired if he does. and year if these guys cant beat out lin then they should be moved on from as well because it would mean that they regressed since they are all better then him now
steady
Veteran
And1: 1,351

Post#493 » by steady » Thu Apr 5, 2018 9:39 pm

Prokorov wrote:
hood30 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

you dont sit levert for an oft-injured, 30 year old, expiring player who has no future here. kenny should be fired if he does. and year if these guys cant beat out lin then they should be moved on from as well because it would mean that they regressed since they are all better then him now

Yes if they can't beat out an oft-injured, 30 year old coming back from serious injury, they do not deserve to be playing. Being soft on the young players is not what is going to help them.
PG13
Starter
And1: 845

Post#494 » by PG13 » Thu Apr 5, 2018 10:32 pm

STOP lying about "these guys" being "all better than him now". The stats do not support that.

Nets stats this year:

https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/teams/Brooklyn-Nets/38/stats

Lin stats:

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/l/linje01.html

Lin was shooting better last seaon than these guys this season, even with all his injuries.

And defensively Lin is a mile ahead of "these guys".

Unless by "now" you mean today, when Lin is crippled.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#495 » by Prokorov » Thu Apr 5, 2018 11:34 pm

PG13 wrote:STOP lying about "these guys" being "all better than him now". The stats do not support that.

Nets stats this year:

Lin stats:

Lin was shooting better last seaon than these guys this season, even with all his injuries.

all are better. it isnt debatable.

point gaurd defense is irrelevant
hood30
Rookie

Post#496 » by hood30 » Fri Apr 6, 2018 12:19 am

PG13 wrote:STOP lying about "these guys" being "all better than him now". The stats do not support that.

Nets stats this year:

Lin stats:

My guess is he fully expect Lin to not return as the same player, otherwize, it is ridiculous to claim "these guys" are already much better than Lin based on their current statistics...That's not even close...Maybe he need to double-check the stats. Dinwiddie is not even shooting above 40%FG for his careeer and is currently shooting 38% from the field.

Also, defense as a PG don't matter according to him but I'm pretty sure Kenny cares about his guard showing effort in that area or else Russell would be playing 30mpg every games. Unless you're an offensive Juggernaut like Harden, you gotta play D.
PG13
Starter

Post#497 » by PG13 » Fri Apr 6, 2018 12:29 am

hood30 wrote:

Nets stats this year:

Lin stats:

My guess is he fully expect Lin to not return as the same player, otherwize, it is ridiculous to claim "these guys" are already much better than Lin based on their current statistics...That's not even close...Maybe he need to double-check the stats. Dinwiddie is not even shooting above 40%FG for his careeer and is currently shooting 38% from the field.

Also, defense as a PG don't matter according to him but I'm pretty sure Kenny cares about his guard showing effort in that area or else Russell would be playing 30mpg every games. Unless you're an offensive Juggernaut like Harden, you gotta play D.

He’s just in denial or trolling, even tho the numbers are clear. There’s no point debating with someone whose sole purpose is to mislead others.

Defense doesn’t matter in the skill challenge. Otherwise he doesn’t understand the objective of basketball.
Roy Tarpley
Veteran

Post#498 » by Roy Tarpley » Fri Apr 6, 2018 1:00 am

PG13 wrote:
hood30 wrote:

Nets stats this year:

Lin stats:

He’s just in denial or trolling, even tho the numbers are clear. There’s no point debating with someone whose sole purpose is to mislead others.

Defense doesn’t matter in the skill challenge. Otherwise he doesn’t understand the objective of basketball.

Since nobody wants to use data to make the argument, here it is:

Per36 numbers for Nets guards

Dinwiddie 39/33/81 16/8/4 16.0 PER (2017-18)
Levert 43/34/71 17/6/5 14.2 PER (2017-18)
Russell 41/32/75 22/7/6 15.5 PER (2017-18)
Crabbe 40/37/84 15/2/5 11.1 PER (2017-18)
Lin 44/37/82 21/8/6 19.2 PER (2016-17)

This being said, who knows how healthy Lin will be next season.
PG13
Starter

Post#499 » by PG13 » Fri Apr 6, 2018 1:36 am

Roy Tarpley wrote:
PG13 wrote:
hood30 wrote:My guess is he fully expect Lin to not return as the same player, otherwize, it is ridiculous to claim "these guys" are already much better than Lin based on their current statistics...That's not even close...Maybe he need to double-check the stats. Dinwiddie is not even shooting above 40%FG for his careeer and is currently shooting 38% from the field.

Since nobody wants to use data to make the argument, here it is:

Per36 numbers for Nets guards

Dinwiddie 39/33/81 16/8/4 16.0 PER (2017-18)
Levert 43/34/71 17/6/5 14.2 PER (2017-18)
Russell 41/32/75 22/7/6 15.5 PER (2017-18)
Crabbe 40/37/84 15/2/5 11.1 PER (2017-18)
Lin 44/37/82 21/8/6 19.2 PER (2016-17)

This being said, who knows how healthy Lin will be next season.

Thanks. I provided the links, just didn’t think I needed to type it out :lol:

I’m not predicting Lin’s performance next season, that’s anyone’s guess (although if you’ve been paying attention it seems like he has a very systematic rehab program and is recovering very well).

The current squad is not better than pre-injury Lin. That’s fact supported by data and not debatable. To say otherwise is merely a dishonest attempt to mislead people.
bws94
Head Coach
And1: 1,222

Post#500 » by bws94 » Fri Apr 6, 2018 11:36 pm

Lin is a big ingredient in helping a team win if they have a reasonable amount of "horses." I couldn't care less about the per-36 stats, even though they may matter. Having an intangible like that makes him better than the other guards on the team now. And anyone who thinks Lin doesn't have those intangible hasn't watched Lin over the years with most of the teams he's been on.

Return to Brooklyn Nets