ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: (5-7) Nets @ Jazz (5-7) - Saturday, Nov 11, 9:00pm YES / NBATV

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#221 » by Paradise » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:27 pm

bws94 wrote:Paradise, what is the severity of Dinwiddie's injury? I wasn't aware he'd be down multiple games. Geez.

I'm nervous about Russell's injury. But we can only hope he's out for a minimal time. Sometime today we'll find out exactly what the injury is.

To be out Russell, Dinwiddie is really a smack. I guess SKil would have to try again to run point with Whitehead alternating. That's crazy. Just hope it won't be for long.

Dinwiddie had a hamstring problem. Nobody mentioned him sitting out as “precautionary” either. Does it mean it’s as serious as Lin’s hammy? No but as an example...Skil missed the final 7-10 games of the season last year with a hamstring injury.

Atkinson mentioning “he’s loved coaching D’angelo since day 1.” sounds scary to me.
bws94
Head Coach
And1: 1,222

Re: GT: (5-7) Nets @ Jazz (5-7) - Saturday, Nov 11, 9:00pm YES / NBATV 

Post#222 » by bws94 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:35 pm

Paradise wrote:
bws94 wrote:Paradise, what is the severity of Dinwiddie's injury? I wasn't aware he'd be down multiple games. Geez.

I'm nervous about Russell's injury. But we can only hope he's out for a minimal time. Sometime today we'll find out exactly what the injury is.

To be out Russell, Dinwiddie is really a smack. I guess SKil would have to try again to run point with Whitehead alternating. That's crazy. Just hope it won't be for long.

Dinwiddie had a hamstring problem. Nobody mentioned him sitting out as “precautionary” either. Does it mean it’s as serious as Lin’s hammy? No but as an example...Skil missed the final 7-10 games of the season last year with a hamstring injury.

Atkinson mentioning “he’s loved coaching D’angelo since day 1.” sounds scary to me.

Oh crap. Thanks for info.
Paradise

Post#223 » by Paradise » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:18 pm

Read on Twitter
steady
Veteran
And1: 1,351

Post#224 » by steady » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:36 pm

This is when the fact that this is a low stakes season becomes a really good thing. No reason to rush anyone's return from injury.

Nets played fine on B2B in Utah. Nothing to be ashamed about there. Stayed pretty poised and calm and confident till the end. Would probably have won if DLo hadn't tweaked his knee.

---

Glad Nets are taking it cautious with D'Angelo. This will give Whitehead and LeVert a chance to get some run.
Paradise

Post#225 » by Paradise » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:23 pm

steady wrote:This is when the fact that this is a low stakes season becomes a really good thing. No reason to rush anyone's return from injury.

Nets played fine on B2B in Utah. Nothing to be ashamed about there. Stayed pretty poised and calm and confident till the end. Would probably have won if DLo hadn't tweaked his knee.

---

Glad Nets are taking it cautious with D'Angelo. This will give Whitehead and LeVert a chance to get some run.

Bro, that’s about to be a 0-7 run. Our upcoming schedule is ridiculous.

Vs Boston
Vs Utah
Vs Golden State
At Cleveland
Vs Portland
At Memphis
At Houston

We don’t even know if Dinwiddie has a lingering injury either. I’m sure it’s day to day but we’ve seen these hamstring things before...

Whitehead/LeVert are basically our PGs for this stretch and Caris was horrible last night down the stretch in a WINNABLE game. The only good thing is we’ll be at home in the next 3.
steady
Veteran
And1: 1,351

Post#226 » by steady » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:11 pm

Paradise wrote:
steady wrote:This is when the fact that this is a low stakes season becomes a really good thing. No reason to rush anyone's return from injury.

---

Vs Boston
Vs Utah
Vs Golden State
At Cleveland
Vs Portland
At Memphis
At Houston

We don’t even know if Dinwiddie has a lingering injury either. I’m sure it’s day to day but we’ve seen these hamstring things before...

Whitehead/LeVert are basically our PGs for this stretch and Caris was horrible last night down the stretch in a WINNABLE game. The only good thing is we’ll be at home in the next 3.

Not saying I am looking forward to seeing more of IW or CLV at point. What can do do though? All we can do is see it as an opportunity for the young guys

Rushing Russell's return is off the table.
GoodDayLa
Junior
And1: 45

Post#227 » by GoodDayLa » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:27 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
GoodDayLa wrote:Since the start of last season, so many guards on this roster get hurt. At some point they need to make sure the training staff and the coaching staff know how to protect and build up the player's bodies for NBA games.

This is literally the stupidest thing I've seen posted on here.

Why? I'm sorry if your brother is on the training staff...
kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Post#228 » by kamaze » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:35 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
kamaze wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:and make no mistake, we needed Russell on the floor. in the 4th. that was a backbreaking injury.

the folks that constantly hate on this kid and bitch about everything that he does are about to get a wake up call if he has to miss time.

What team wouldn't miss their starting guard? You're not saying anything...

You bitch about him constantly. See how we fare if we have to do without the player you bitch about all the time for being flawed and get back to me.

You make no sense we don't have a point guard to play without him and Dinwiddie and they're both hurt.
I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,855

Post#229 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:32 pm

GoodDayLa wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
GoodDayLa wrote:Since the start of last season, so many guards on this roster get hurt. At some point they need to make sure the training staff and the coaching staff know how to protect and build up the player's bodies for NBA games.

Your mother could be on the training staff and it would still be just as stupid for you to blame the training team for a guy getting a knee contusion during a contact play or for Jeremy Lin rupturing his patella tendon. There isn't a training staff on this planet in any sports league that can prevent things like that. Do you even know anything about sports medicine to even make such a ridiculous claim? :lol: @ even the remote suggestion that a training staff can protect a player from getting a bone bruise, you really are special.

Also, the only guard who was significantly hurt for a long period of time under this training staff was your mancrush Jeremy Lin, who unfortunately can't stay in one piece. Every other injury was small and didn't require long recovery periods. So please stop lying (as usual) and...and of course, trolling.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#230 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:35 pm

kamaze wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
kamaze wrote:
What team wouldn't miss their starting guard? You're not saying anything...

You bitch about him constantly. See how we fare if we have to do without the player you bitch about all the time for being flawed and get back to me.

You make no sense we don't have a point guard to play without him and Dinwiddie and they're both hurt.

Oh, so you miss him already then. Good. :-?

Let's see how well the team does without the "garbage" you were referring to. Hopefully we can hold down the fort but I'm not optimistic.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#231 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:37 pm

Paradise wrote:

---

Vs Boston
Vs Utah
Vs Golden State
At Cleveland
Vs Portland
At Memphis
At Houston

It's not worth rushing him back. it sucks though because we're at a good pace record wise and that's going to go down the toilet if we lose 7 games in a row.

GoodDayLa
Junior
And1: 45

Post#232 » by GoodDayLa » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:18 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
GoodDayLa wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Your mother could be on the training staff and it would still be just as stupid for you to blame the training team for a guy getting a knee contusion during a contact play or for Jeremy Lin rupturing his patella tendon. There isn't a training staff on this planet in any sports league that can prevent things like that. Do you even know anything about sports medicine to even make such a ridiculous claim? :lol: @ even the remote suggestion that a training staff can protect a player from getting a bone bruise, you really are special.

Also, the only guard who was significantly hurt for a long period of time under this training staff was your mancrush Jeremy Lin, who unfortunately can't stay in one piece. Every other injury was small and didn't require long recovery periods. So please stop lying (as usual) and...and of course, trolling.

Instead of accusing people of "lying" when you don't like what you read, you should try harder.

Over the last 2 seasons, Levert, Lin, DLO have all had knee issues or soreness.

Kilpatrick, Dinwiddie, Lin have all had hamstring issues.

That's 5 guards in the rotation who play within 2 seasons. You don't think that's a lot? And all these injuries tend to happen within the first handful of games? (Levert's knee was just after he started playing last season).

Ok...

3 guys with hamstring injuries is no longer a coincidence, it's called a pattern.

You can disagree, but don't resort to calling people liars when their opinion does not comport with yours. You just end up losing credibility with others on this forum.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#233 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:45 am

No, you are a liar and a troll. Over the last two seasons:

LeVert was coming into his Nets tenure rehabbing from a foot injury he sustained in college. he's been fine since.

Kilpatrick missed time last season but it was nothing major. newsflash genius: NBA players aren' t made of steel. **** happens. he has never missed a significant amount of time due to injury.

Russell is new here. his knee contusion is his first significant injury. and it's not something that will be season ending.

Lin can't stay healthy in his latter years as an NBA player. there's no shame in this. he's old. i know you as a Lin fan want to lash out at the training team and the coaches for not keeping your mancrush in one piece, but lets be realistic. coaches/training staffs can't control soft tissue injuries or if a guy tears a patellar tendon in his knee. deal with it.

you go on and find me an NBA team that prevents soft tissue injuries 24/7 and i'll believe you. til then, you're a **** ing Lin troll trying to throw shade on the team's training staff and coaching. garbage.

Jeremy Lin's extremist fans who resort to trolling even after the fact that he's done for the year suck to the highest levels. seriously. straight up trash.

bws94
Head Coach

Post#234 » by bws94 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:35 am

MrDollarBills wrote:No, you are a liar and a troll. Over the last two seasons:

LeVert was coming into his Nets tenure rehabbing from a foot injury he sustained in college. he's been fine since.

Kilpatrick missed time last season but it was nothing major. newsflash genius: NBA players aren' t made of steel. **** happens. he has never missed a significant amount of time due to injury.

Russell is new here. his knee contusion is his first significant injury. and it's not something that will be season ending.

Lin can't stay healthy in his latter years as an NBA player. there's no shame in this. he's old. i know you as a Lin fan want to lash out at the training team and the coaches for not keeping your mancrush in one piece, but lets be realistic. coaches/training staffs can't control soft tissue injuries or if a guy tears a patellar tendon in his knee. deal with it.

you go on and find me an NBA team that prevents soft tissue injuries 24/7 and i'll believe you. til then, you're a **** ing Lin troll trying to throw shade on the team's training staff and coaching. garbage.

Jeremy Lin's extremist fans who resort to trolling even after the fact that he's done for the year suck to the highest levels. seriously. straight up trash.

Lin's not old and he got injured at 28 and at 29. Those are prime years and he's 29 now. I have no idea what happened to Lin, he wasn't really injury-prone before coming to the Nets. I blame it on the PG curse :)

No, it's just, as you said, stuff happens. I hope he plays next season and really misses few games.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#235 » by CalamityX12 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:00 pm

When Walsh was here....

lol....
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
bws94
Head Coach

Post#236 » by bws94 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:12 pm

Dinwiddie is good to go. He'll start in Russell's absence.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#237 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:53 pm

bws94 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:No, you are a liar and a troll. Over the last two seasons:

Lin's not old and he got injured at 28 and at 29. Those are prime years and he's 29 now. I have no idea what happened to Lin, he wasn't really injury-prone before coming to the Nets. I blame it on the PG curse :)

No, it's just, as you said, stuff happens. I hope he plays next season and really misses few games.

I should have said "he's older". you're right.

313 Professor
Starter
And1: 963

Post#238 » by 313 Professor » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:45 pm

bws94 wrote:Dinwiddie is good to go. He'll start in Russell's absence.

Thank el Lord

Return to Brooklyn Nets