ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: Boston Celtics(12-2) at Brooklyn Nets(5-8); Tuesday 11/14/17 on YES/NBSB

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,850

Re: GT: Boston Celtics(12-2) at Brooklyn Nets(5-8); Tuesday 11/14/17 on YES/NBSB 

Post#221 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:00 pm

Paradise wrote:
CalamityX12 wrote:I was irked by Carroll's TO from the inbounds...

he had LeVert open 2x but throws to him too late and Caris wasn't looking for it then....

anyone else bothered by that?

I was bothered by Shane Larkin playing defense.

I was cursing at the TV watching that bastard play.

Oh sure...NOW you want to ball out. FOH.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Re: GT: Boston Celtics(12-2) at Brooklyn Nets(5-8); Tuesday 11/14/17 on YES/NBSB 

Post#222 » by Paradise » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:06 pm

Aussienet3 wrote:Can some one post some highlights of the game please? I missed this one and I tried watching ESPN's highlights but it was all about Kyrie and his mask.

Netaman
Analyst
And1: 1,069

Post#223 » by Netaman » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:21 pm

I mostly saw the 4th, looked like we just ran out of gas since the bench didn't really help much other than Harris. Dinwiddie, Levert and Crabbe played well. RHJ played well also but missed a few layups at the end. Dinwiddie missed a couple 3's but he was great getting to the basket and running the offense. Good effort without DLo (and obviously Lin) against a very good team that's on a roll. Most encouraging thing was Levert looks like he's starting to find his game.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,850

Post#224 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:26 pm

I think with Russell, he should do what he does in the games we've won with him on the floor: 1st 3 qtrs focus on getting the team going, move the ball and take good shots when they're there. in the 4th, take charge and close it out.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#225 » by Prokorov » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:55 pm

Netaman wrote:I mostly saw the 4th, looked like we just ran out of gas since the bench didn't really help much other than Harris. Dinwiddie, Levert and Crabbe played well. RHJ played well also but missed a few layups at the end. Dinwiddie missed a couple 3's but he was great getting to the basket and running the offense. Good effort without DLo (and obviously Lin) against a very good team that's on a roll. Most encouraging thing was Levert looks like he's starting to find his game.

Bench was solid... harris and levet were our 2 leading scorers, both off the bench. Acy didnt show up in the box score but he has some solid moments on D and moving the ball. Allen wa soff, timing didint look good
Claud
Sixth Man
And1: 872

Post#226 » by Claud » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:01 pm

Can't ask for much more from the guys. We played them tough up until the end without any closers.. Lin and Russell would have helped a lot. Kyrie and Horford, their 2 stars were the difference.

Levert had one of his better games of the season and I hope he can build on it. I think we just need to let him and the rest of the kids play and make mistakes. That's the only way they will improve as players. One of the best examples is RHJ...last year he was a mess and all over the place but Kenny and the staff let him play through the mistakes and today we have an improved RHJ. I expect a similar path for Levert and others.

Watching Brown and Tatum look like studs is a total bummer. Don't get me wrong I like our young guns too but Imagine our core if we had one of those... sigh.

Next game is winnable vs the Jazz and no Gobert... we played them tough too in Utah until Dlo got injured in the last 2 minutes of the game. I was honestly not expecting a W vs the hottest team in the league + Kyrie +Brown/Tatum + Al + our injuries.
Karate Diop
General Manager
And1: 9,836

Post#227 » by Karate Diop » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:16 pm

Was at the game will have longer reaction later, but first of all Barclays Center is fantastic in terms of viewing angles.

Was happy with how hard the team played, always knew it'd be uphill without D-Lo's offense. Rondae continues to impress, his confidence from mid range was on full display.

If the Nets find a stretch 4 I think playing Rondae back at the 3 is viable and would help the team defensively.
jeff1624
RealGM
And1: 1,068

Post#228 » by jeff1624 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:47 pm

bws94 wrote:
jeff1624 wrote:Dinwiddie was such a chucker in the final minutes. Maybe try passing it to the guy that just hit two treys.

He was hardly a chucker in this game. Din has made big late shots earlier in the season. Ball just wasn't falling for him much tonight.

He was in the final minutes. He waved people off multiple times, iso'd and forced bad shots.
Dat Leadership
kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Post#229 » by kamaze » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:27 am

Karate Diop wrote:Was at the game will have longer reaction later, but first of all Barclays Center is fantastic in terms of viewing angles.

Was happy with how hard the team played, always knew it'd be uphill without D-Lo's offense. Rondae continues to impress, his confidence from mid range was on full display.

If the Nets find a stretch 4 I think playing Rondae back at the 3 is viable and would help the team defensively.

A player like DMC works, someone bigger that's a good rebounder would be a great move.
I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton

Return to Brooklyn Nets