Curns13
Pro Prospect
And1: 267

Re: GT: Utah Jazz (6-9) @ Brooklyn Nets (5-9) - Friday, Nov 17, 7:30pm YES 

Post#121 » by Curns13 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:27 pm

bws94 wrote:
Curns13 wrote:
tonman wrote:
Din shoots 40% overall and 45% from three which means hes good at spreading the perimeter but not at attacking the basket. Need to see how he does when teams go over the pick.

As mentioned they are all different players. Dlo is mainly a scorer but unless he can offset some scoring for playmaking hes more the scoring guard. Does make sense to have a spacer like din next to dlo. Lin on the other hand is more the combo and imo puts more pressure on the other team and aalways seems to make his teammates better.

Playing dlo and din together may make you more consistent but dlo and lin would give you more potential. If you play lin off the bench whos going to finish games? You see lins impact to the team by just being able to play last season. Dont underestimate that. Russell is 6.5 but doubt we would play three pg lineup. Lin wont play 6th man here and limited min when he can do so for a contender. Not saying he wont stay but i think teams are seeing his value.

Lin will have played 30 games in 2 years. Its gonna take a full uninjured season for any other team to believe he can contribute for them.

I don't agree with that. With players, they can get injured or not. Lin can definitely contribute to teams but I would want to get a look at him post this serious injury. I think he played 37 games in 2 years. Season-ending injuries happen. 1st year Randle broke his tibia in his rookie season. Ben Simmons was out for a full season. Yes, these guys are young, but it happens.

Lin's a known commodity and teams know what he did in Charlotte. When he did play much of his games last season post ASB, the team went near .500 with him contrasted to way worse without him. Of course this year there are improvements but with Lin this team is way better.

He'll start in practice and they'll assess how he looks with the repaired knee. If he looks good, he's the starter and then after next season, he may or may not stay with the Nets.

I like Lin, i really do. I was happy we got him, I think he was easily the best pg fit when we got him last year and love the way he plays and competes.

But... Dinwiddie (barring injury) now has 70 games to start and earn his spot, all while Lin is sitting on the sidelines. Dlo is guaranteed his starting spot, even if he sits the rest of the year (which he won’t), so if Dinwiddie keeps playing like he did yesterday, it is going to be very difficult for a returning from 2 years of injury 30 year old to earn back his starting spot.

If Dinwiddie doesn’t take his chance, then yes, I think Lin will start. As a Nets fan I hope Dinwiddie steps up and grabs that spot, not because I like him more than Lin, but because it will mean this season is much more bareable and that we have developed another starting calibre player.
bws94
Head Coach
And1: 1,222

Post#122 » by bws94 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:02 am

Curns13, I think Din can get the starting job at some point. Lin at 30 is still in very productive years, it's his injury that causes uncertainty. It's debatable whether it should be next season due to Lin's injury or if he and Lin battle it out in practice and preseason. I think Din will have on and off shooting, and the biggest test is to see how he does when defenses scout and scheme against him. He's good enough to figure it out, but he may struggle some to adjust and that would be perfectly normal. I tend to like veteran leadership balancing youth and Din is somewhere in the middle. Not as youthful as DLo, not as veteran as Lin or DMC or Booker.

At any rate, I hope to see Din getting 25-30 minutes next season and playing a lot of point. And I like DLo ultimately at 2, I think. There he is free to play his scoring game and mix in the playmaking.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,847

Post#123 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:15 am

It's not a pissing contest. If you tell me next season we get a full season of Russell, Lin, and Dinwiddie in the backcourt rotation with relatively good health, i'm signing up right now.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
bws94
Head Coach
And1: 1,222

Post#124 » by bws94 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:38 am

MrDollarBills wrote:It's not a pissing contest. If you tell me next season we get a full season of Russell, Lin, and Dinwiddie in the backcourt rotation with relatively good health, i'm signing up right now.

I sure hope we can. Hope Russell's knee situation gets stabilized and Lin has exhausted his serious injury quota as a Net. Din has been solid, no very serious injuries.
steady
Veteran
And1: 1,351

Post#125 » by steady » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:18 am

The Nets season started with high hopes for a two combo guard backcourt.
And now has a a classic PG, SG and SF arrangement.

Although I'm sad for Lin and Russell missing time, can't but be happy for chance this gives Din. And it's probably a break for DMC and Crabbe too who get to play their more natural positions.

I would be more upset if the playing time was going to players who were not going to amount to much - but can't be upset about these hardworking straight up good players finally getting a real chance. Joe Harris and LeVert too.
kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Post#127 » by kamaze » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:51 am

On the team’s 27 assists tonight:
“I thought the first half was fantastic. I thought we were flying around. I told the guys the second half we really regressed and we can’t afford to do that. I thought we really got into isolation ball, that’s not our game. So first half I give us an A and second half I’d probably give us a C in terms of ball movement.

ALLEN CRABBE, BROOKLYN NETS
On the Nets’ ball movement tonight:
“It makes life a little bit easier for all of us on the offensive end when the ball just moves like that – makes the defense break down as well when you’re not just playing on one side, pick-and-roll and putting up a shot, dropping off to the roller to shoot. We get other options out of our offense. Sometimes teams break down off of one, two, three passes and he (Kenny Atkinson) came in at halftime and told us we need to keep that up. You saw the lead that we had in the first half. So, like I said, it just makes life easier for all of us when we’re playing team basketball.”
I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton

Return to Brooklyn Nets