ImageImageImageImageImage

The NBA Referees and their lack of respect towards players of their choosing. Especially on our Nets.

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Re: The NBA Referees and their lack of respect towards players of their choosing. Especially on our Nets. 

Post#61 » by MGrand15 » Tue Jan 9, 2018 4:23 pm

I'm just mad that Ibaka still did his block celebration when he didn't even touch the ball.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Re: The NBA Referees and their lack of respect towards players of their choosing. Especially on our Nets. 

Post#62 » by Prokorov » Tue Jan 9, 2018 4:58 pm

Ror1997 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:- The dinwiddie dunk = thats a foul 10/10 times, pathetic no call.
- the Acy jumpball = thats a foul 10/10 times. ibaka over the back and 3 guys slapping at acy
- The Crabbe layup = thats a foul 5/10 times. if he misses the shot you probably hear a whistle there
- The dinwiddie final shot = thats a foul 7/10 times, if thats any other teams best guy thats a whistle

we got did dirty

And its like the third game in a row where its either have or almost cost us the game.

and in generall dinwiddie has gotten the shaft all year
Ror1997
Analyst
And1: 911

Post#63 » by Ror1997 » Tue Jan 9, 2018 5:24 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Ror1997 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:- The dinwiddie dunk = thats a foul 10/10 times, pathetic no call.
- the Acy jumpball = thats a foul 10/10 times. ibaka over the back and 3 guys slapping at acy
- The Crabbe layup = thats a foul 5/10 times. if he misses the shot you probably hear a whistle there
- The dinwiddie final shot = thats a foul 7/10 times, if thats any other teams best guy thats a whistle

we got did dirty

And its like the third game in a row where its either have or almost cost us the game.

And that makes it harder for Dinwiddie to play because now the opposing team knows they can get away with a lot more on defense. These rules are in place for a reason and its the Refs job to enforce them. The refs are ruining our games and its gotten to a point where a lot of people dont think its coincidental.

The Cavs are supposed to make the finals so the League can have Curry vs LeBron again. They might need to use our pick in a trade to make sure that happens. In order for that to happen, the BK pick has to be appealing.

The Nets aren't supposed to be good. Now the NBA is protecting the Cavs investment.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,574

Post#64 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Jan 9, 2018 6:47 pm

I don't think it's as insidious as that.

I do believe that none of this is coincidental. I don't know what the spread was last night, but the Boston game was suspect as hell. Tim Dohaghy is a felon, but I don't think he was lying at all about what the NBA does.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#65 » by Paradise » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:23 am

As expected...

Read on Twitter

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#66 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:02 am

Paradise wrote:As expected...

Read on Twitter

jesus christ...

SpeedyG
RealGM
And1: 1,310

Post#68 » by SpeedyG » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:44 pm

No **** Sherlocks...
Bless the man if his heart and his land are one ~ FrancisM, R.I.P. 3/6/09
MGrand15
Lead Assistant

Post#69 » by MGrand15 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:17 pm

I thought that Ibaka steal on Acy was pretty blatant but whatever. That Crabbe and-1 should have won us the game anyway. If someone's trying to take a charge and they're moving AND there's body to body contact, the refs make a call there 99% of the time. It's either a charge or a block. A no call when someone's undercutting you is unacceptable.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#70 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:41 pm

The NBA needs to clean this up.

FWIW, Detroit is a -2 favorite tonight. expect complete garbage to be called.

vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,433

Post#71 » by vincecarter4pres » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:44 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:The NBA needs to clean this up.

FWIW, Detroit is a -2 favorite tonight. expect complete garbage to be called.

Maybe a good night to take the Nets on the money line, probably +130.

If it goes down, along with the line, that's a great sign. I'd bet this moves to -1, or a pick'em.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#72 » by CalamityX12 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:57 pm

Read on Twitter

Which is the 1:17 OT Drive? the Ibaka foul non-called on the rim?

The 9 sec. regulation was for Crabbe correct?

So they agree with the final Dinwiddie drive wasn't a foul situation? Cause that one i'm in agreement despite it hurts me(objective)
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#73 » by Paradise » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:09 pm

CalamityX12 wrote:

Read on Twitter

So they agree with the final Dinwiddie drive wasn't a foul situation? Cause that one i'm in agreement despite it hurts me(objective)

Yes although...

ImageImage

Clear cut fouls.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#74 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:11 pm

I guarantee if Kyrie drove in and Allen made body contact in the air like that it's an automatic whistle.

the Nets need to continue to attack aggressively and force the refs to call it straight. I'm not saying go in there trying to bulldoze guys, but keep attacking at the rim. if they don't start calling obvious fouls, enough tape will be compiled to send up a red flag that something isn't right here.

CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#75 » by CalamityX12 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:29 pm

Paradise wrote:
CalamityX12 wrote:

Read on Twitter

Yes although...

ImageImage

Clear cut fouls.

I saw that but I didn't(where i said it time over n over in other thread) see Ibaka or any Raptor pushing off or extending excessive contact.
Show me where we see Ibaka pushing off... Ibaka's arm is close to his chest, Dinwiddie passed him and created contact. It's unavoidable but did Ibaka push anything or exerted any force to counter Dinwiddie's drive.

Show me that part.

I hope people don't think I hate Dindwiddie. I like him alot and he grew into a well rounded player(not someone I want consistently going for GW hero ball action all the time).

Would people be more mad at the no call(really didnt think there should be a call) in that sequence or if the roles were reverse and we were called for foul. Would people here stand by an accept that as foul on us?

what's the celtic photo for?
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
FlipFlopShot
Pro Prospect
And1: 330

Post#76 » by FlipFlopShot » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:05 pm

CalamityX12 wrote:
Paradise wrote:
CalamityX12 wrote:Which is the 1:17 OT Drive? the Ibaka foul non-called on the rim?

Yes although...

ImageImage

Clear cut fouls.

I saw that but I didn't(where i said it time over n over in other thread) see Ibaka or any Raptor pushing off or extending excessive contact.
Show me where we see Ibaka pushing off... Ibaka's arm is close to his chest, Dinwiddie passed him and created contact. It's unavoidable but did Ibaka push anything or exerted any force to counter Dinwiddie's drive.

Show me that part.

I hope people don't think I hate Dindwiddie. I like him alot and he grew into a well rounded player(not someone I want consistently going for GW hero ball action all the time).

Would people be more mad at the no call(really didnt think there should be a call) in that sequence or if the roles were reverse and we were called for foul. Would people here stand by an accept that as foul on us?

what's the celtic photo for?

The celtics pic is to show the orthogonality rule.
MGrand15
Lead Assistant

Post#77 » by MGrand15 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:26 pm

One thing I'll say about Dinwiddie and maybe my memory is off. He really plays like a vet and last year, he really drew a lot of those Harden-like fouls where he would feel contact and fling up a shot. Just to compare - this year PER 36, he's at 14.1 FGA and 4 FTA. Last year, PER 36, he was at 8.1 FGA, 4.3 FTA.

Granted, there's going to be some adjustment due to role + the league figuring you out - but that's a HUGE decrease in FT rate. Almost impossible without something fishy going on.

Then I remembered Kevin Martin. There was a point where he was ELITE at drawing fouls and getting to the line. Then in one offseason, the referee association specifically highlighted him as a guy who flopped, who used the rip through, who jumped sideways into defenders, etc. Basically everything the refs were now deeming non-shooting fouls. From one season to the other, his FT rate cut in half in his prime. He stopped getting calls.

I'm guessing Dinwiddie was highlighted in the offseason as one of the guys that bent the rules. Only explanation for some of this stuff.
Mosdefinition
Senior
And1: 116

Post#78 » by Mosdefinition » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:15 pm

Ror1997 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
Ror1997 wrote:

And that makes it harder for Dinwiddie to play because now the opposing team knows they can get away with a lot more on defense. These rules are in place for a reason and its the Refs job to enforce them. The refs are ruining our games and its gotten to a point where a lot of people dont think its coincidental.

The Cavs are supposed to make the finals so the League can have Curry vs LeBron again. They might need to use our pick in a trade to make sure that happens. In order for that to happen, the BK pick has to be appealing.

The Nets aren't supposed to be good. Now the NBA is protecting the Cavs investment.

It falls on Kenny to pull a Phil Jackson go on a trade and get a fine

Phil was a master at this commission about missed calls and then the refs start paying attention

He's gotta do something to get the world wide leader to pick up the story
LOUiS-D
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,900

Post#79 » by LOUiS-D » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:47 pm

Semi was vertical. That screenshot is disingenuous. He takes contact below his center of gravity and tilts forward. Not a foul as there is nothing he could have done. He established a legal defensive position. There are enough examples of incorrect no calls that you don't need to reach.

Watch the video.

http://official.nba.com/last-two-minute-report/?gameNo=0021700579&eventNum=1046

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#80 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:02 am

MGrand15 wrote:One thing I'll say about Dinwiddie and maybe my memory is off. He really plays like a vet and last year, he really drew a lot of those Harden-like fouls where he would feel contact and fling up a shot. Just to compare - this year PER 36, he's at 14.1 FGA and 4 FTA. Last year, PER 36, he was at 8.1 FGA, 4.3 FTA.

Granted, there's going to be some adjustment due to role + the league figuring you out - but that's a HUGE decrease in FT rate. Almost impossible without something fishy going on.

Then I remembered Kevin Martin. There was a point where he was ELITE at drawing fouls and getting to the line. Then in one offseason, the referee association specifically highlighted him as a guy who flopped, who used the rip through, who jumped sideways into defenders, etc. Basically everything the refs were now deeming non-shooting fouls. From one season to the other, his FT rate cut in half in his prime. He stopped getting calls.

I'm guessing Dinwiddie was highlighted in the offseason as one of the guys that bent the rules. Only explanation for some of this stuff.

James Harden still does the same stuff that he's been doing and is getting 10 FTA per 36.

the fact that you even bring this up is kind of evidence that the NBA refs don't call clean games.

Return to Brooklyn Nets