Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Re: RE: Re: Nets Offseason Moves & Possible Trade Ideas 

Post#121 » by NyCeEvO » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:36 am

TheNetsFan wrote:
NyCeEvO wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
yeah i dont see anyway RHJ signs for 4/44. especially with how much marks has historically overpaid guys. given his age/stats he should be at at least 4/60 and even then i think he'd hold out for closer to 17M annually

If Marks convinced RHJ to take 4/$60mil or less, give him Executive of the Year.

RHJ's current play warrants $17-20mil/year in this era. If he can start to develop a 3pt shot this offseason, his impact goes to another tier.

He's not getting $17+ mil until he extends his range to behind the arc.
I think they'd give it to him based on potential. RHJ with a 3pt shot is a low $20+ mil player. The gravity of a 3pt shot with his skillset makes him highly valuable. While he wouldn't be an offensive star, he could be some team's young Draymond.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#122 » by Prokorov » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:43 am

NyCeEvO wrote:
TheNetsFan wrote:
NyCeEvO wrote:If Marks convinced RHJ to take 4/$60mil or less, give him Executive of the Year.

RHJ's current play warrants $17-20mil/year in this era. If he can start to develop a 3pt shot this offseason, his impact goes to another tier.

He's not getting $17+ mil until he extends his range to behind the arc.
I think they'd give it to him based on potential. RHJ with a 3pt shot is a low $20+ mil player. The gravity of a 3pt shot with his skillset makes him highly valuable. While he wouldn't be an offensive star, he could be some team's young Draymond.

wihout the three is a 17M type player. with a three you are talking max dollars. he would be a better otto porter with elite defense.

draymond isnt a great three point shooter. he had 1 year he was good from three. 30% the last 2 seasons. woudlnt take much for rondae to be in that range
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,597

Post#123 » by TheNetsFan » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:50 am

Prokorov wrote:
NyCeEvO wrote:
TheNetsFan wrote:He's not getting $17+ mil until he extends his range to behind the arc.

wihout the three is a 17M type player. with a three you are talking max dollars. he would be a better otto porter with elite defense.

draymond isnt a great three point shooter. he had 1 year he was good from three. 30% the last 2 seasons. woudlnt take much for rondae to be in that range

I think You're drastically overrating RHJ. If He's fetching that kind of money, we should not extend him early.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#124 » by Prokorov » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:10 am

TheNetsFan wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
NyCeEvO wrote:I think they'd give it to him based on potential. RHJ with a 3pt shot is a low $20+ mil player. The gravity of a 3pt shot with his skillset makes him highly valuable. While he wouldn't be an offensive star, he could be some team's young Draymond.

I think You're drastically overrating RHJ. If He's fetching that kind of money, we should not extend him early.

i think his pricetag only goes up. id extend him on anything 17M or less. he has the most upside of anyone on this team and is among the youngest. if we have to gamble on someone id gamble on him
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#125 » by NyCeEvO » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:17 am

TheNetsFan wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
NyCeEvO wrote:I think they'd give it to him based on potential. RHJ with a 3pt shot is a low $20+ mil player. The gravity of a 3pt shot with his skillset makes him highly valuable. While he wouldn't be an offensive star, he could be some team's young Draymond.

I'm not as high in my assessment of RHJ as Prok is, but RHJ with a 35-37% 3PT shot on 1.5 3PApg is a very valuable player.

- He can lead a fastbreak and make the appropriate 1st pass.

- He's an ELITE midrange shooter.
His FG% by distance breakdown is: .492 10-16ft / .488 16ft < 3pt / .245 3P
His % of FGA by distance breakdown is: .206 10-16ft / .070 .488 16ft < 3pt / .080 3P

He's shooting almost 50% between 10ft and the 3pt line and this is with opposing teams KNOWING that he doesn't have 3pt range.

Not only would having a reliable 3pt shot make him more of a prolific scorer, he'd provide more spacing on offense.

Quincy Acy (who actually wasn't too bad on the Knicks) only has 1 NBA skill in 3pt shooting. If RHJ can simply do what Acy does, which is shoot 33.1% from 3 on 4 attempts per game, he's going to have a dynamic that makes him super multifaceted on offense.

Couple that with his already great defense, I don't know how he wouldn't be worth $20mil annually in the open RFA market.
TheNetsFan
Head Coach

Post#126 » by TheNetsFan » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:49 am

Prokorov wrote:
TheNetsFan wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

i think his pricetag only goes up. id extend him on anything 17M or less. he has the most upside of anyone on this team and is among the youngest. if we have to gamble on someone id gamble on him

If it goes up, fine. However, if you're going to be paying that sort of money to these young guys, then you need to weaponize cap space before doing so. To do that, you need to let him hit FA & have only the roughly $7mil on the books in the offseason.

I also would put him 3rd or 4th on the highest upside list. Definitely not 1st.
TheNetsFan
Head Coach

Post#127 » by TheNetsFan » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:02 am

NyCeEvO wrote:
TheNetsFan wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

I'm not as high in my assessment of RHJ as Prok is, but RHJ with a 35-37% 3PT shot on 1.5 3PApg is a very valuable player.

His % of FGA by distance breakdown is: .206 10-16ft / .070 .488 16ft < 3pt / .080 3P

He's shooting almost 50% between 10ft and the 3pt line and this is with opposing teams KNOWING that he doesn't have 3pt range.

Not only would having a reliable 3pt shot make him more of a prolific scorer, he'd provide more spacing on offense.

Quincy Acy (who actually wasn't too bad on the Knicks) only has 1 NBA skill in 3pt shooting. If RHJ can simply do what Acy does, which is shoot 33.1% from 3 on 4 attempts per game, he's going to have a dynamic that makes him super multifaceted on offense.

Couple that with his already great defense, I don't know how he wouldn't be worth $20mil annually in the open RFA market.
I agree, even an average 3pt shot, and a willingness to take them without hesitation, would make a big difference. He also needs to bulk up or needs to be paired with a bigger complementary F, because he struggles against more physical players. I don't see that complementary piece coming, as it's clear Kenny wants 2 ball handlers & a sharpshooter on the court at all times. Odds of finding that in a larger forward are very slim.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#128 » by Prokorov » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:09 am

TheNetsFan wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
TheNetsFan wrote:I think You're drastically overrating RHJ. If He's fetching that kind of money, we should not extend him early.

If it goes up, fine. However, if you're going to be paying that sort of money to these young guys, then you need to weaponize cap space before doing so. To do that, you need to let him hit FA & have only the roughly $7mil on the books in the offseason.

i dont know how he isnt first or second (if you are high on russell). levert is good but no elite potential on either end. RHJ is better offensively now just on athleticism and hustle alone, let alone if he added a 3 point shot. Allen looks to have elite role player ceiling but thats not far off of what RHJ is now.

i dont see any of those guys being all-nba defense and none of them other then russell has elite offensive ceiling.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#129 » by Prokorov » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:10 am

TheNetsFan wrote:
NyCeEvO wrote:
TheNetsFan wrote:I think You're drastically overrating RHJ. If He's fetching that kind of money, we should not extend him early.

I agree, even an average 3pt shot, and a willingness to take them without hesitation, would make a big difference. He also needs to bulk up or needs to be paired with a bigger complementary F, because he struggles against more physical players. I don't see that complementary piece coming, as it's clear Kenny wants 2 ball handlers & a sharpshooter on the court at all times. Odds of finding that in a larger forward are very slim.

i dont think he struggles at all vs bigger players, i think he typically dominates them. i think its quicker guys who tend to give him trouble.
TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach
And1: 3,577

Post#130 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:12 am

NyCeEvO wrote:
TheNetsFan wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

If he gets a 3 pt shot then he’s a borderline all-star if not a legitimate one IMO. He already gets to the rim with ease, imagine if opposing players couldn’t sag off him like they do now. He would easily score 20 ppg, most likely more.
TheNetsFan
Head Coach

Post#131 » by TheNetsFan » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:30 pm

Prokorov wrote:
TheNetsFan wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

i dont know how he isnt first or second (if you are high on russell). levert is good but no elite potential on either end. RHJ is better offensively now just on athleticism and hustle alone, let alone if he added a 3 point shot. Allen looks to have elite role player ceiling but thats not far off of what RHJ is now.

i dont see any of those guys being all-nba defense and none of them other then russell has elite offensive ceiling.
I have LeVert & Russell clearly ahead of him, and believe LeVert has the highest potential ceiling of every player on this roster. I'm not saying he'll fulfill all his potential, but if he does, he becomes by far our best player by a wide margin. For me, the jury is still out on Allen. Again, I'm talking strictly upside & not current impact or floor. RHJ is currently our most consistent young player, but he's also the most experienced of our young players. I look at RHJ, and am confident that his floor is prime Demarre Carroll if he develops a consistent 3. That's a very good player, but not a franchise maker. I'm just not sure how much higher his ceiling is. I see the potential for small, incremental improvements from here, but I don't see the potential for a huge breakout step improvement.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 35,865

Post#132 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:36 pm

TheNetsFan wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

if he starts knocking down the three at even 33 to 34% next season he will command max dollars on the open market. The Nets need to act fast and stave off the hounds.

He is already a two way player and this is without a consistent 3point shot. he scores in a multitude of ways and as someone said he is an elite mid range offensive player (he took Kobe's advice and it turned him into the most consistent player on the team by a mile).
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#133 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:39 pm

TheNetsFan wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
TheNetsFan wrote:If it goes up, fine. However, if you're going to be paying that sort of money to these young guys, then you need to weaponize cap space before doing so. To do that, you need to let him hit FA & have only the roughly $7mil on the books in the offseason.

I have LeVert & Russell clearly ahead of him, and believe LeVert has the highest potential ceiling of every player on this roster. I'm not saying he'll fulfill all his potential, but if he does, he becomes by far our best player by a wide margin. For me, the jury is still out on Allen. Again, I'm talking strictly upside & not current impact or floor. RHJ is currently our most consistent young player, but he's also the most experienced of our young players. I look at RHJ, and am confident that his floor is prime Demarre Carroll if he develops a consistent 3. That's a very good player, but not a franchise maker. I'm just not sure how much higher his ceiling is. I see the potential for small, incremental improvements from here, but I don't see the potential for a huge breakout step improvement.

if he adds a three point shot he will be pushing into the 20+ ppg category.

The ceiling for him is now unpredictable. I don't think anyone expected this kind of leap.

Over his last 5 games:

18.2 points, 8.0 rebounds, 3.0 assists, 1.0 steals and 0.6 blocks on 57 percent shooting over his last five

^I think that small sample size is a hint of what's coming next season. His confidence on the floor and level of play keeps trending up.

Also, is he that much more experienced? he missed a chunk of time his first season.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#134 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:44 pm

NyCeEvO wrote:
TheNetsFan wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

Remember during the summer I was saying I wish he'd work his offensive game from the mid range ala DeRozan? He's doing it.

if he can put in the work this summer and comes out giving us 33% from downtown :D aw man. I'm trying to temper my excitement but this guy's growth is one of the best stories about this Nets team over the last 2 years.

TheNetsFan
Head Coach

Post#135 » by TheNetsFan » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:45 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
TheNetsFan wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

if he starts knocking down the three at even 33 to 34% next season he will command max dollars on the open market. The Nets need to act fast and stave off the hounds.

He is already a two way player and this is without a consistent 3point shot. he scores in a multitude of ways and as someone said he is an elite mid range offensive player (he took Kobe's advice and it turned him into the most consistent player on the team by a mile).

I'd rather pay him the max (not happening) then kill $10+mil of potential cap space with an extension. Sign outside free agents & then go over the cap to keep him with Bird rights.
TheNetsFan
Head Coach

Post#136 » by TheNetsFan » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:47 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
NyCeEvO wrote:

Remember during the summer I was saying I wish he'd work his offensive game from the mid range ala DeRozan? He's doing it.

if he can put in the work this summer and comes out giving us 33% from downtown :D aw man. I'm trying to temper my excitement but this guy's growth is one of the best stories about this Nets team over the last 2 years.

He's not in the same stratosphere as DeRozan currently. DeRozan is elite at getting his own shot. RHJ can't break down a defense like DeRozan can.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#137 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:52 pm

TheNetsFan wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
NyCeEvO wrote:I'm not as high in my assessment of RHJ as Prok is, but RHJ with a 35-37% 3PT shot on 1.5 3PApg is a very valuable player.

He's not in the same stratosphere as DeRozan currently. DeRozan is elite at getting his own shot. RHJ can't break down a defense like DeRozan can.

me saying that RHJ is using the mid range to score effectively is not the same as saying that he is on par with DeMar DeRozan. I said last summer that he needed to start using the mid range J and the fadeaway that he showed flashes of in years 1 and 2. he's doing that now.

i only bring up DeRozan because he's one of the few modern players that torches people in the mid range. that's the type of game i said he (Rondae) should try to aim towards while his 3pt shot is still a work in progress.

And while he gets assisted on quite a few baskets, RHJ has definitely become better at creating his own shot.

vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,370

Re: Nets Offseason Moves & Possible Trade Ideas 

Post#138 » by vincecarter4pres » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:04 pm

I wish there was a feasible way for Marks to get into the top 10 while keeping LeVert, RHJ and Allen. Mikal Bridges would be the picture perfect fit with these guys. I'd trade Russell to make it happen.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
DeRoma
Veteran
And1: 525

Post#139 » by DeRoma » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:44 pm

I wonder how valuable Evan Fournier's contract? His game is made for Kenny's system. Maybe we can trade Carroll's expiring for him.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#140 » by Prokorov » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:24 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:I wish there was a feasible way for Marks to get into the top 10 while keeping LeVert, RHJ and Allen. Mikal Bridges would be the picture perfect fit with these guys. I'd trade Russell to make it happen.

it will be extremely interesting to see what they do...

other then Jarret Allen, i wouldnt be surprised to see any net player traded.

Return to Brooklyn Nets