ImageImageImageImageImage

Nets Offseason Moves & Possible Trade Ideas

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

steady
Veteran
And1: 1,351

Re: Nets Offseason Moves & Possible Trade Ideas 

Post#2041 » by steady » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:58 pm

Sounds like Mo Bamba may be available at 4 -Hawks leaning towards Doncic and Bamba refused to workout for Kings (and Grizzlies).

He’s one of m favorite players in draft and I can see Marks loving him —- but Jarrett ...?

If Parsons came there would be major Ex Rockets contingent -

Offseason more filled with drama than playoffs
TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach
And1: 3,588

Post#2042 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:04 pm

I know I’m in the minority here but at this point, ideally the Nets would move d’angelo for the highest pick possible.

Maybe:
DLo and 29 for Bayless and 10.
DLo and 29 for Rivers and 13.
DLo and 40 for Faried and 14.

Then if we can dump Crabbe for an expiring deal as well, we could have space for 2+ max FA to join Dinwiddie, Allen, LeVert, RHJ and whoever we draft in 2018 and 2019.
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,177

Post#2043 » by Keith Van Horn » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:21 pm

I'm hoping we can still move up from 29. But at this point, I guess, I won't be mad if we won't (considering the D12 trade now).

Next summer will be fun as hell. Own our own 1st AND 2 max FA slots. Jeeeeez.
Antti22
Senior
And1: 233

Post#2044 » by Antti22 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:24 pm

TheBrooklynKidd wrote:I know I’m in the minority here but at this point, ideally the Nets would move d’angelo for the highest pick possible.

Maybe:

Then if we can dump Crabbe for an expiring deal as well, we could have space for 2+ max FA to join Dinwiddie, Allen, LeVert, RHJ and whoever we draft in 2018 and 2019.

:crazy: :barf:

How does this trade seem to you to open the possibility that they trade DLo? His value around the league is much lower than our front office thinks of him and he is due for a breakout year, would be extremely stupid to trade him now for a salary dump + mid first rounder.
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,177

Post#2045 » by Keith Van Horn » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:50 pm

TheBrooklynKidd wrote:I know I’m in the minority here but at this point, ideally the Nets would move d’angelo for the highest pick possible.

Maybe:

just don't think they're going to give up on DLo so soon. I think they really like him and the possibility of what he can still become. He can play both guard positions and is the perfect age for the direction in which this team is going.
TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach

Post#2046 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:53 pm

Antti22 wrote:

Maybe:

:crazy: :barf:

How does this trade seem to you to open the possibility that they trade DLo? His value around the league is much lower than our front office thinks of him and he is due for a breakout year, would be extremely stupid to trade him now for a salary dump + mid first rounder.

Those are expiring contracts and a rookie under control for 4 years at a basically minimum salary. I’d much rather have the cap space and the rookie than pay DLo after a “breakout year”.
TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach

Post#2047 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:56 pm

Keith Van Horn wrote:

Maybe:

just don't think they're going to give up on DLo so soon. I think they really like him and the possibility of what he can still become. He can play both guard positions and is the perfect age for the direction in which this team is going.

He can’t really play both guard positions. I don’t know about you but when I was watching the playoffs I kept seeing teams attack PGs on defense and then I tried to imagine DLo out there instead of Rozier/Paul. DLo is a much worse defender than those guys, less athletic and less active. He would be an absolute liability on defense in the playoffs and I don’t think his offensive game is ever going to be consistent enough to offset that.

It is unlikely that he gets traded but it would be very dumb of the Nets to deem him untouchable.
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Re: RE: Re: Nets Offseason Moves & Possible Trade Ideas 

Post#2048 » by NyCeEvO » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:56 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:
NyCeEvO wrote:I think this is just Deal #1 of a few moves. The Marksman is going to work. #MarksMagic

Yeah, even if it isn't something crazy dramatic, I'd be surprised if he doesn't find a way to turn something along the lines of Dinwiddie/29/40/remaining cap and/or expirings into a much higher pick.
Yeah, while I can kinda see him staying put and being content with drafting a Kurucs, Rawlins, and a stash with the picks we have, I'm sure he's pushing for the late lotto to get Musa and keep a late first/early second for someone like Rawle Alkins. I'm confident he'll try his best to buy a second rounder for a stash (there are some good ones) or Diallo.

That's an A+ draft in my books.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,599

Post#2049 » by TheNetsFan » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:58 pm

Key Nets 2019 cap holds:
DLo: $21,059,094
RHJ: $7,411,071
Dinwiddie: $3,146,575

An early extension only makes sense for DLo if you can lower his cap hold/hit. RHJ & Din will earn more than their hold, so an early extension doesn't make sense. That's especially true for RHJ who is restricted.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#2050 » by Prokorov » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:03 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
yeah. so who wants to trade for this guy again? D-Will 2.0

The Dwill cmparison is HORRIBLE. this is liek Vince Carter, not Dwill. in fact its nearly identical to the carter situation right down to the iff coming between the team and player disagreeing about how to treat injuries.

also, dwill wasnt DPOY, finals MVP, all-nba first team, etc.... Kawai is much better then dwill when we got dwill.

there is literally nothing we shouldnt trade for kawai if he wanted to come here. it would be better then when we got jason kidd

Leonard is not conducting himself in a professional manner. You value talent more than professionalism and I understand that, but the way he's behaving is a huge red flag for me.

Its all moot anyway. he wants to play in LA.

how is he not being professional? he is doing everything direct with the team and no out on twitter or in interviews. just like Vince did. he literally could not be handling this any better. The team screwed him over with his injury. the trust was got. the relationship is irreperable, he wants to move on.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#2051 » by Prokorov » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:11 pm

Keith Van Horn wrote:Brian Fonseca said original deal (rumored) was Rondae and Demarre for Dwight and 11 but Marks turned down.

MDB you dig? Looks like Marks think RHJ is part of this team going forward.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

clearly marks doenst like anyone at 11 over RHJ. id have made it if Knox was available, but i like this version alot better!
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,989

Post#2052 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:18 pm

TheNetsFan wrote:Key Nets 2019 cap holds:
DLo: $21,059,094
RHJ: $7,411,071
Dinwiddie: $3,146,575

An early extension only makes sense for DLo if you can lower his cap hold/hit. RHJ & Din will earn more than their hold, so an early extension doesn't make sense. That's especially true for RHJ who is restricted.

Does that cap hold for Russell screw up our room for two max contracts? because if not i see no reason to extend him early. let him earn it.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe

Return to Brooklyn Nets