GT: Mavericks vs Nets - Saturday, 03/17/18, 7:30pm EST

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Curns13
Pro Prospect
And1: 267

Re: GT: Mavericks vs Nets - Saturday, 03/17/18, 7:30pm EST 

Post#61 » by Curns13 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:05 am

Two things:
1. I **** hate our end of game offense. It doesn’t matter who is running the point, it’s a **** show. I understand the need to run some clock, but dribbling the ball for 20 seconds and waiting for a screen near halfway (with 3 minutes left on the clock) is absolutely ridiculous.

2. RHJ is this team’s best player. He will he a 20 and 7 guy in this league. He can be the 3rd best player on a contender when he hits his prime.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,912

Post#62 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:06 am

bws94 wrote:Stats are misleading. RHJ played a great game and had the most points. OK. But, CLV had 11, but he had a loud 11 points and a lot of them in the 4Q. He also was huge defensively disrupting passes, contesting shots, slowing their guards down, he even covered Nowitzki. Russell had a good game in a way, but still has to clean some things up. Harris solid, DMC quite solid. Acy had some nice defensive moments and Fro found his groove some.

I think the best games are balanced scoring games. This time lots of guys in double digits. This is the way the Nets should strive to always play.

RHJ was excellent once again and he is scoring with ease at this point. his ball handling looks way smoother than it did a year a go and even he himself admitted that he knows he forced some things. regardless, he is going to become a nightly 20ppg scorer. a legit weapon for this team's future outlook, i think he can even become a go to guy for stretches. very pleasing to see.

DMC has been playing lights out basketball but it goes unnoticed because we're so zoned in on the young kids. Carroll would be a ripe target for a playoff team next year if by trade deadline next year he is playing at this level. that's an easy extra 1st rder in the 2019 draft to go along with our top 12 pick next year. things are falling into place.

Russell's main issue at this point is doing something dumb in the 4th qtr. seriously. he needs to stop dribbling into the trap.

they need to pull him aside on an off day, sit him down and show him the tape and be honest with him. he needs to give up the ball quickly when the trap comes. he's been scouted. teams know how to make him turn it over.

and yeah LeVert imo is the best primary ball handler on the team. hard attacks to the rim. clean passes. he's got a lot of upside left.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
bws94
Head Coach
And1: 1,222

Post#63 » by bws94 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:06 am

Curns13 wrote:Two things:
1. I **** hate our end of game offense. It doesn’t matter who is running the point, it’s a **** show. I understand the need to run some clock, but dribbling the ball for 20 seconds and waiting for a screen near halfway (with 3 minutes left on the clock) is absolutely ridiculous.

2. RHJ is this team’s best player. He will he a 20 and 7 guy in this league. He can be the 3rd best player on a contender when he hits his prime.

I agree about RHJ. Caris for me is a potential best player or second best. It's the 2-way aspect of them that I base it on.
LKIRNets
Starter
And1: 598

Post#64 » by LKIRNets » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:16 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
bws94 wrote:Stats are misleading. RHJ played a great game and had the most points. OK. But, CLV had 11, but he had a loud 11 points and a lot of them in the 4Q. He also was huge defensively disrupting passes, contesting shots, slowing their guards down, he even covered Nowitzki. Russell had a good game in a way, but still has to clean some things up. Harris solid, DMC quite solid. Acy had some nice defensive moments and Fro found his groove some.

I think the best games are balanced scoring games. This time lots of guys in double digits. This is the way the Nets should strive to always play.

Russell's main issue at this point is doing something dumb in the 4th qtr. seriously. he needs to stop dribbling into the trap.

they need to pull him aside on an off day, sit him down and show him the tape and be honest with him. he needs to give up the ball quickly when the trap comes. he's been scouted. teams know how to make him turn it over.

Let's be honest here.

In the 2nd half of the season

17.0 / 4.2 / 5.3 in 29 mpg

41.8 % from 3PT
2.5 TO

This is great for a 22 yr. old.
45.6% from 3 in March.
kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Post#65 » by kamaze » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:29 am

When they get more talent on the team the offense will look better. As of now the strongest position on the team is point guard so whoever has the ball is relied on to make the play. This is year 2 of the Atkins/Marks era by year 5 the team will look completely different.

Curns13 wrote:
2. RHJ is this team’s best player. He will he a 20 and 7 guy in this league. He can be the 3rd best player on this team when he hits his prime.

:clap: :thumbsup: :party: :clap:
I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#66 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:32 am

agreed 100%.

Curns13
Pro Prospect
And1: 267

Post#67 » by Curns13 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:33 am

kamaze wrote:
Curns13 wrote:
Curns13 wrote:
2. RHJ is this team’s best player. He will he a 20 and 7 guy in this league. He can be the 3rd best player on this team when he hits his prime.

:clap: :thumbsup: :party: :clap:

Sound good to me. I’ve been a RHJ homer from the beginning.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#68 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:34 am

LKIRNets wrote:
moonpie wrote:Nice thing to see is Russell shooting well from behind the arc on high volume this month so far: 45.6% on a little over 7 attempts per

Being a Nets fan and watch what this young man is turning into. He's going to be special.

No one can say this kid hasn't improved. His all around game is improving. 3pt, decision making, tempo pushing, D, rebounding. Closing.

He has one buggaboo and that's when teams blitz the screen and send 2. He needs to make that read quicker.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. he gets double teamed and he dribbles towards the corner or does something really dumb. the coaching staff has to work on him with this. veteran primary ball handlers know how to avoid this easily. in time, so will D'Angelo.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#69 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:38 am

LKIRNets wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Let's be honest here.

In the 2nd half of the season

17.0 / 4.2 / 5.3 in 29 mpg

41.8 % from 3PT
2.5 TO

This is great for a 22 yr. old.
45.6% from 3 in March.

Post ASB his TS is at 54%. I don't see any viable reason why the Nets should give up on him.

i think that the upcoming summer with the Nets training team in control of his diet, weight training, and on court workouts will yield some serious results.

i'm sure the training team is licking at the chops to get him into the weight room to turn those chicken legs of his into muscle. as someone who is in the gym 3-5 times a week i envy the brutal workout that awaits Russell. they will sculpt him and he will eat awesome food after every work out. the pain will be cathartic. and then comes the cardio that he will be doing. i really envy him.

No more skipping leg day. leg presses. front squats. bench press. pull ups. dips. he needs to destroy every muscle in his body from may til august.

kamaze
General Manager

Post#70 » by kamaze » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:54 am

MrDollarBills wrote:

RHJ was excellent once again and he is scoring with ease at this point. his ball handling looks way smoother than it did a year a go and even he himself admitted that he knows he forced some things. regardless, he is going to become a nightly 20ppg scorer. a legit weapon for this team's future outlook, i think he can even become a go to guy for stretches. very pleasing to see.

DMC has been playing lights out basketball but it goes unnoticed because we're so zoned in on the young kids. Carroll would be a ripe target for a playoff team next year if by trade deadline next year he is playing at this level. that's an easy extra 1st rder in the 2019 draft to go along with our top 12 pick next year. things are falling into place.

and yeah LeVert imo is the best primary ball handler on the team. hard attacks to the rim. clean passes. he's got a lot of upside left.

That's our guys being leaders. They missed Rhondae's defense and hustle in the starting lineup good to have him back at full strength.

You know I don't care for D'Angelo because of his decision making for one. It didn't work with him and Dinwiddie in the back court, whatever's best for the team. He said he's working on his defense so that's a positive.

LKIRNets
Starter

Post#71 » by LKIRNets » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:59 am

kamaze wrote:That's our guys being leaders. They missed Rhondae's defense and hustle in the starting lineup good to have him back at full strength.

You know I don't care for D'Angelo because of his decision making for one. It didn't work with him and Dinwiddie in the back court, whatever's best for the team. He said he's working on his defense so that's a positive.

Rondae was ok defensively. Caris and DLo were good. DLo ran his man of the line and contested 3's and recovered on broken coverages. Caris stuck Dirk. Rondae cleaned the paint.

You mean his improved decision making? defense and 3 point shooting? which his coach points out and that's why Din is on the bench?
kamaze
General Manager

Post#72 » by kamaze » Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:05 am

LKIRNets wrote:
kamaze wrote:That's our guys being leaders. They missed Rhondae's defense and hustle in the starting lineup good to have him back at full strength.

Rondae was ok defensively. Caris and DLo were good. DLo ran his man of the line and contested 3's and recovered on broken coverages. Caris stuck Dirk. Rondae cleaned the paint.

You mean his improved decision making? defense and 3 point shooting? which his coach points out and that's why Din is on the bench?

I'm going to watch the encore was watching NCAA games.

LKIRNets
Starter

Post#73 » by LKIRNets » Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:08 am

kamaze wrote:
LKIRNets wrote:

I'm going to watch the encore was watching NCAA games.

His only issue was one play he was fouled on the chest nothing was called it was a TO, then the 4th quarter high screen trap. You'll see it. Every shot he took tonight were good looks.
kamaze
General Manager

Post#74 » by kamaze » Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:13 am

LKIRNets wrote:

His 3 point shooting has got better he's working on his defense like I said I'll watch the encore..

Dinwiddie is on the bench because he stopped being aggressive he and Levert are a much better tandem. It's all about the team.

LKIRNets
Starter

Post#75 » by LKIRNets » Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:15 am

kamaze wrote:
LKIRNets wrote:

His 3 point shooting has got better he's working on his defense like I said I'll watch the encore..

Dinwiddie is on the bench because he stopped being aggressive he and Levert are a much better tandem. It's all about the team.

b/c his defense and decision making regressed.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#76 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:21 am

LKIRNets wrote:

Russell has hustled on D. But it won't go noticed because he's this year's scapegoat.

i just want him not to turn the ball over in the 4th. the rest of the problems are easy to resolve.

Yit
Junior
And1: 31

Post#77 » by Yit » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:03 pm

Tracking players performance against the mavs 17 Mar 2018

DMC - 42 (++)
RHJ - 39 (+)
DAR - 36 (+)
Dinwiddie - 24 (+)
CLV - 20 (+)
Allen - 19 (-)
Harris - 18 (-)
Acy - 15 (=)
Okafor - 1 (-)

Nice to win after that stretch of losses. Hopefully, our players stabilize their performances moving forward.
Stability is a myth perpetuated by the agents called homeostasis and status quo....
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,599

Post#78 » by TheNetsFan » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:35 pm

PG13 wrote:
moonpie wrote:No Barnes, Matthews, Mejiri, Barea, Noel for the Mavs

So the Mavs think they need to take out five players to secure a loss against this Nets team :lol: :lol:

Tankapalooza!

They were right.
Iceman66
Ballboy
And1: 3

Post#79 » by Iceman66 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:31 pm

Nice to win again, although Dallas didn’t play with all of their best players in the end. But the development looks good to me Dlo seems to be more confident with every game except for his turnovers but i think he will fix that problem in the future he will learn from his mistakes.

But i really think we should play LeVert, who looks awesome the last couple of games and Russell in the end. I mean i like Dinwiddie and he did a lot of great things this season but he clearly didn’t work with Russell. While LeVert and Dlo could work because their skills are different from each other with Caris driving to the Basket while Dlo is more of a Shooter from Midrange and Downtown at the moment.

So i think next Season we should definitely try the lineup of:
LeVert
Russell
Crabbe
RHJ
Allen
N:0W
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#80 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:43 pm

Iceman66 wrote:Nice to win again, although Dallas didn’t play with all of their best players in the end. But the development looks good to me Dlo seems to be more confident with every game except for his turnovers but i think he will fix that problem in the future he will learn from his mistakes.

But i really think we should play LeVert, who looks awesome the last couple of games and Russell in the end. I mean i like Dinwiddie and he did a lot of great things this season but he clearly didn’t work with Russell. While LeVert and Dlo could work because their skills are different from each other with Caris driving to the Basket while Dlo is more of a Shooter from Midrange and Downtown at the moment.

So i think next Season we should definitely try the lineup of:
LeVert
Russell
Crabbe
RHJ
Allen

Agreed. We may have to move Carroll in the summer since I don't necessarily think he warrants benching, he's been pretty damn awesome this year.

Return to Brooklyn Nets