ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: Grizzlies vs Nets - Monday, 03/19/18, 7:30pm EST

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Shark
Lead Assistant
And1: 980

Re: GT: Grizzlies vs Nets - Monday, 03/19/18, 7:30pm EST 

Post#81 » by Shark » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:42 am

Good to see things coming together when it matters most.
shakendfries
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,063

Post#82 » by shakendfries » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:42 am

brooklyn grit baby
ImageImage

"Kevin Durant is not coming to the Nets. If I'm wrong, I will change my avatar to anything you request no matter how humiliating it is." - MrDollarBills, 10/22/18
All Nets
Sophomore
And1: 75

Post#83 » by All Nets » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:42 am

LeVert's length and athleticism... Always impresses me during fastbreak opportunities
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,883

Post#84 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:43 am

LeVert!!!!! yessir.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,436

Post#85 » by vincecarter4pres » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:43 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:I don't think D-league teams would 20+ games in NBA season. More like 12-70...

They've certainly been playing like it often the last 25ish games, maybe 30...

d league teams get blown out by 30 by NBA teams, even the worst of them. Both you and Prok need to calm down.

a d league team isn't winning 20+ games in the NBA. i know this is coming from frustration so i understand but yall sound crazy right now lol

RHJ, LeVert, Russell, Allen damn sure aren't d leaguers. stop hating on your own team. things will get better

I know you've seen my post before this one and so obviously I don't believe they are individually, but collectively, this team is one of the worst in the league. There are issues top to bottom. There are also a lot of legitimate NBA players on this roster, a lot of those who are starter level, or at least big minute rotation guys. But the team as a team, has played like **** lately, even though they've competed.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
bws94
Head Coach
And1: 1,222

Post#86 » by bws94 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:43 am

NyCeEvO wrote:While we have some promising individual players, this "team" is embarrassing.

I haven't been able to watch enough games this season to cogently make a case for who is responsible, but this is NOT a good look for Atkinson.

I may have been the first one to post that we have to be patient with Kenny and let him develop.

Well, we're coming to the close of year 2. It's clear that Kenny is a fantastic player developer, but my reservations about his ability to coach a "team" grows by the month.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I don't know. There is a lot of youth on the team. Only one full-time veteran on the floor. If he has 2 or 3 full-time vets and they play like this, I would fully agree with you.
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,572

Post#87 » by DarkXaero » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:43 am

Prokorov wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:The W/L column would indicate this.
I don't think D-league teams would 20+ games in NBA season. More like 12-70...

memphis has 19 going on 20. but they are D-league according to you
They haven't been playing this team the entire season. They have Marc Gasol, a player better than anyone on our team. Also Tyreke Evans, who hasn't played tonight and has had a great season.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#88 » by Prokorov » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:43 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:I don't think D-league teams would 20+ games in NBA season. More like 12-70...

They've certainly been playing like it often the last 25ish games, maybe 30...

d league teams get blown out by 30 by NBA teams, even the worst of them. Both you and Prok need to calm down.

a d league team isn't winning 20+ games in the NBA. i know this is coming from frustration so i understand but yall sound crazy right now lol

RHJ, LeVert, Russell, Allen damn sure aren't d leaguers. stop hating on your own team. things will get better

the point wasnt that we are really a d-league team... it was that memphis is an nba team too... and their "d-leaguers" led them to just as many wins as us. we shouldnt just expect to beat them or anyone
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,436

Post#89 » by vincecarter4pres » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:44 am

Still have to love LeVert and Allen, those guys are oozing with potential.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Re: RE: Re: GT: Grizzlies vs Nets - Monday, 03/19/18, 7:30pm EST 

Post#90 » by NyCeEvO » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:44 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
NyCeEvO wrote:While we have some promising individual players, this "team" is embarrassing.

I haven't been able to watch enough games this season to cogently make a case for who is responsible, but this is NOT a good look for Atkinson.

I may have been the first one to post that we have to be patient with Kenny and let him develop.

Well, we're coming to the close of year 2. It's clear that Kenny is a fantastic player developer, but my reservations about his ability to coach a "team" grows by the month.

yeah, lets give this roster at this age to stan van gundy, see what happens.
I'm talking about Kenny Atkinson.

I did not offer a suggestion for another coach.

At least address the critique before creating strawmen.

Prokorov
RealGM

Post#91 » by Prokorov » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:44 am

vincecarter4pres wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:Dinwiddie needs to go, serious ball stopper.

when they switch everything you need your PGs to go 1 on 1 vs. centers.

I get that, but dude just continually pounds the air out of the ball. He obviously doesn't trust anyone but himself and I don't know if you can totally blame him, but he is not a great influence on a developing team imho. Even though a lot of his best moments have been takeover hero ball stuff, he's a guy who imo would kill on a good team where he doesn't feel he needs to be the man and knows the main pieces on the floor with him are better than him.

idk... i think him and russell need to do alot of that when teams switch everything cause no one else can.

and i mean, he is dropping 7 dimes a game. doesnt turn it over. and the staff encourages being aggressive
Sweetdownlow
Senior
And1: 308

Post#92 » by Sweetdownlow » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:45 am

Levert shooting really good tonight.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,883

Post#93 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:45 am

vincecarter4pres wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:They've certainly been playing like it often the last 25ish games, maybe 30...

I know you've seen my post before this one and so obviously I don't believe they are individually, but collectively, this team is one of the worst in the league. There are issues top to bottom. There are also a lot of legitimate NBA players on this roster, a lot of those who are starter level, or at least big minute rotation guys. But the team as a team, has played like **** lately, even though they've competed.

well yeah as a collective we suck. doesn't mean that these guys are d leaguers. we will get better as time goes on. we're rebuilding. why you and others think that we should be destroying teams during a rebuild without control of our draft picks is baffling honestly.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
3pt_chucker
Head Coach
And1: 2,002

Post#94 » by 3pt_chucker » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:45 am

LeVert is our best player. No question in my mind.
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets

Post#95 » by NyCeEvO » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:45 am

Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:They've certainly been playing like it often the last 25ish games, maybe 30...

the point wasnt that we are really a d-league team... it was that memphis is an nba team too... and their "d-leaguers" led them to just as many wins as us. we shouldnt just expect to beat them or anyone
Exactly.

Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

GT: Grizzlies vs Nets - Monday, 03/19/18, 7:30pm EST 

Post#96 » by Paradise » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:45 am

DarkXaero wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

memphis has 19 going on 20. but they are D-league according to you
They haven't been playing this team the entire season. They have Marc Gasol, a player better than anyone on our team. Also Tyreke Evans, who hasn't played tonight and has had a great season.

We beat them with all those guys in already. Gasol isn’t that good this season either. Tbh.
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets

Post#97 » by NyCeEvO » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:45 am

vincecarter4pres wrote:Still have to love LeVert and Allen, those guys are oozing with potential.
No love for RHJ?

Prokorov
RealGM

Post#98 » by Prokorov » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:46 am

NyCeEvO wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

yeah, lets give this roster at this age to stan van gundy, see what happens.
I'm talking about Kenny Atkinson.

I did not offer a suggestion for another coach.

At least address the critique before creating strawmen.

i think atkinson has been near elite. i dont think there is much he could do better. he is working miracles with this roster developmentally. its hard to win and develop when you have bottom 3 talent and injuries
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,572

Post#99 » by DarkXaero » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:46 am

vincecarter4pres wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

I agree with that, our last third of the season has been a disaster. It's hard to describe the problems with this team, because like you said we have some pretty solid players individually but collectively, the results just hasn't been there. Too many blown close games, and too many embarrassing performances against teams we should have been beating.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#100 » by Prokorov » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:47 am

going small ball. i like it.

Return to Brooklyn Nets