GT: Hornets vs Nets - Wednesday, 03/21/18, 7:30pm EST

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

LKIRNets
Starter
And1: 598

Re: GT: Hornets vs Nets - Wednesday, 03/21/18, 7:30pm EST 

Post#161 » by LKIRNets » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:42 am

Curns13 wrote:
IceManBK1 wrote:We need fire this joker coach..hire Jeff Van Gundy or a more defense oriented coach. sign a star big and focus our offense on russell and that big.

Your boy had his chances, didn’t make them.

Russell had no shots in the last minute.

Homie when he left the game they were up 20. Coach waited until it was a 6 pt. game to put him back in. Dlo's fault. :lol:
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,883

Post#162 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:42 am

Mosdefinition wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Paradise wrote:Lol what?

The Heat dealt their entire draft picks for Dragic and spent all their cap on Whiteside. They have no choice but to be a playoff team.

They developed their young core through the G-League. Tyler Johnson, Josh Richardson, etc. Their last lotto selection is a bust in Winslow.

So idk what is your point? We’re doing the same thing. We don’t have a D-Wade here and this isn’t Miami.

This is a rebuild without top 5 picks. We could easily do what Miami is doing and put ourselves in cap hell overpaying role players but why when we already did that?

don't even bother. losses like tonight should be expected. these guys act like this is some nba powerhouse just **** up games. in reality, this is a team with a young core of players who are going to experience failure more times than success until things start clicking.

some fans who think lazily feel entitled to perfection. it doesn't work like that.

Demanding improvement is lazy? For accepting mediocrity because the last people in charge sucked isn't how you run a team

improvement sometimes takes longer than your unrealistic expectations.

Russell, LeVert, RHJ, Allen, etc are very young in terms of NBA years. NBA teams with young players go through all kinds of ups and downs, and several beatdowns. even Michael Jordan went through some games where it was like WTF just happened.

calm down.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach
And1: 3,584

Post#163 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:44 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
Mosdefinition wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
don't even bother. losses like tonight should be expected. these guys act like this is some nba powerhouse just **** up games. in reality, this is a team with a young core of players who are going to experience failure more times than success until things start clicking.

some fans who think lazily feel entitled to perfection. it doesn't work like that.

Demanding improvement is lazy? For accepting mediocrity because the last people in charge sucked isn't how you run a team

Russell, LeVert, RHJ, Allen, etc are very young in terms of NBA years. NBA teams with young players go through all kinds of ups and downs, and several beatdowns. even Michael Jordan went through some games where it was like WTF just happened.

calm down.

It’s ****ing stupid. Every other lottery team cheers when they lose. If someone can’t see the difference (King traded out god damn pick) then they’re clearly blinded by emotion and incapable of judging this team objectively.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

GT: Hornets vs Nets - Wednesday, 03/21/18, 7:30pm EST  

Post#164 » by Paradise » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:45 am

Mosdefinition wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

The Heat dealt their entire draft picks for Dragic and spent all their cap on Whiteside. They have no choice but to be a playoff team.

They developed their young core through the G-League. Tyler Johnson, Josh Richardson, etc. Their last lotto selection is a bust in Winslow.

So idk what is your point? We’re doing the same thing. We don’t have a D-Wade here and this isn’t Miami.

This is a rebuild without top 5 picks. We could easily do what Miami is doing and put ourselves in cap hell overpaying role players but why when we already did that?

Because it makes it very obvious that you could be in denial of the severity of the jobs Atkinson and Marks inherited.

Every single other 29 local broadcasts always include the tidbit story of how Marks and Atkinson were told by their friends, family and other NBA execs to be “insane” and “crazy” to take the Nets job. We were a dumpster fire before Marks got here. He got us a very good coach.

Most GMs will take our coach over theirs. I’m sure Milwaukee will love to ask about him but know better. I’m sure Memphis would love to ask about him but know better.

He’s learning but he’s got a lot of guys who are flawed prospects. Period. His biggest flaw as a coach is his rotations but we’re as modern as they come.

No matter who we hire, we will never change the fact 3-5 teams in our conference have a legitimate shot at a very talented group of big men and a couple flashy PGs and we will be stuck drafting 28.

It will NEVER change that unless you want them to just trade people for cap space and pretend we can sign LeBron..continue to the 2020 season when we finally make ourselves a destination organization.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#165 » by NyCeEvO » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:45 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
Paradise wrote:
Mosdefinition wrote:
What does that have to do with Atkinson's ability to build a team

The kings and suns have had there picks and both teams still suck

Pat Riley has botched multiple first round picks and the heat are a playoff team

When are people going to stop making excuses for marks

Lol what?

How is giving up a 23 point lead against a team that is 30-41 something that should be expected?

The complaints from fans aren't just kneejerk reactions to a single game.

The realization that Kenny is pretty bad with in-game adjustments and is too rigid with sticking to the pre-game plan have been espoused by some people since Day 1.

I was one of (if not) the first ones to publicly state that just like the players, Kenny needs to be judged like he's developing as well.

The irony is that as a coach Kenny has developed players into much improved versions of themselves, but in spite of his many critiques and quotes of "It's on me...I need to be better" he really hasn't gotten better as an in-game manager.

I have all praise for Kenny as a development guru. It's clear he's top notch.

But as in-game manager, he's made so many in-game decisions (whether it be rotations, clock management, defensive assignments, et al) that I think it's completely rational to question whether he is cut out for that particular aspect of coaching. Unfortunately, in-game management is usually what the head coach is supposed to be most responsible for.
LKIRNets
Starter

Post#166 » by LKIRNets » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:46 am

All I know is coach pulled a player up 20. Who was playing good defense. And waited for it to be a 6 pt. game to make the move.
Curns13
Pro Prospect
And1: 267

Post#167 » by Curns13 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:49 am

IceManBK1 wrote:
Curns13 wrote:
IceManBK1 wrote:We need fire this joker coach..hire Jeff Van Gundy or a more defense oriented coach. sign a star big and focus our offense on russell and that big.

please he took like 2 quality shots in the final 6 mins..i saw RHJ and Levert even Carroll trying score 1 against 3..what kinda stupid offense is that..they all have a tendency to do that..and crabbe's shot been off he was still firing away.

He was out there the last 6 minutes as the primary ball handler and only got up 3 shots, all of them bad. As the pg and our best player, its his job to get the team good shots. Now LeVert was even worse and KA playing so small that RHJ ended up fouling out all contributed, but Dlo was at fault as well.
Curns13
Pro Prospect
And1: 267

Post#168 » by Curns13 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:51 am

LKIRNets wrote:
Curns13 wrote:

Russell had no shots in the last minute.

Homie when he left the game they were up 20. Coach waited until it was a 6 pt. game to put him back in. Dlo's fault. :lol:

I didnt say it was Dlo’s fault. We were up 10 with 4 minutes left and Dlo on the floor. He was our primary ball handler and our best player. He has to take some responsibility for the meltdown.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#169 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:53 am

NyCeEvO wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

How is giving up a 23 point lead against a team that is 30-41 something that should be expected?

The complaints from fans aren't just kneejerk reactions to a single game.

The realization that Kenny is pretty bad with in-game adjustments and is too rigid with sticking to the pre-game plan have been espoused by some people since Day 1.

I was one of (if not) the first ones to publicly state that just like the players, Kenny needs to be judged like he's developing as well.

The irony is that as a coach Kenny has developed players into much improved versions of themselves, but in spite of his many critiques and quotes of "It's on me...I need to be better" he really hasn't gotten better as an in-game manager.

I have all praise for Kenny as a development guru. It's clear he's top notch.

But as in-game manager, he's made so many in-game decisions (whether it be rotations, clock management, defensive assignments, et al) that I think it's completely rational to question whether he is cut out for that particular aspect of coaching. Unfortunately, in-game management is usually what the head coach is supposed to be most responsible for.

alright cool my guy you want to fire the coach state your plan and where we should go from there.

Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#170 » by Paradise » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:54 am

LKIRNets wrote:All I know is coach pulled a player up 20. Who was playing good defense. And waited for it to be a 6 pt. game to make the move.

I will keep stating it but he’s too overwhelmed with this Dinwiddie/LeVert/Crabbe/ jam with DLo and he won’t admit it. He struggles to stager minutes properly. Someone has to go and it doesn’t mean be traded but someone has to take a back seat. It happened with Goodwin, Kilpatrick last year when he has to jungle minutes between Lin, LeVert, Dinwiddie.

I notice a lot of them defer so often they end up overpassing. Someone needs to be instilled with a responsibility and be held accountable for it. Dinwiddie thrived because we only had him and LeVert left on the team after DLo went down and he took it upon himself. His play falls off with DLO and LeVert next to him. No coincidence.

This is why someone like Rondae could be so consistent at the four. We’re not switching him in and out of the starting rotation or bench rotation. He’s guaranteed to see 30+ minutes win or lose at his position.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#171 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:55 am

TheBrooklynKidd wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Mosdefinition wrote:

calm down.

It’s ****ing stupid. Every other lottery team cheers when they lose. If someone can’t see the difference (King traded out god damn pick) then they’re clearly blinded by emotion and incapable of judging this team objectively.

The main reason why people bitch about things is that we don't have our pick.

the front office operates as if the pick is already gone.

i think the front office is yielding more fruit this way, instead of caring about nights like tonight.

LKIRNets
Starter

Post#172 » by LKIRNets » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:59 am

Paradise wrote:
LKIRNets wrote:All I know is coach pulled a player up 20. Who was playing good defense. And waited for it to be a 6 pt. game to make the move.

I will keep stating it but he’s too overwhelmed with this Dinwiddie/LeVert/Crabbe/ jam with DLo and he won’t admit it. He struggles to stager minutes properly. Someone has to go and it doesn’t mean be traded but someone has to take a back seat. It happened with Goodwin, Kilpatrick last year when he has to jungle minutes between Lin, LeVert, Dinwiddie.

I notice a lot of them defer so often they end up overpassing. Someone needs to be instilled with a responsibility and be held accountable for it. Dinwiddie thrived because we only had him and LeVert left on the team after DLo went down and he took it upon himself. His play falls off with DLO and LeVert next to him. No coincidence.

This is why someone like Rondae could be so consistent at the four. We’re not switching him in and out of the starting rotation or bench rotation. He’s guaranteed to see 30+ minutes win or lose at his position.

Read on Twitter
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#173 » by CalamityX12 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:08 am

Omg... I stopped watching after beginning of 3rd thinking we have this one cuz we were playing well n Charlotte was laying a duck....

Wow wtf... I just checked now n see this crap? What happened?
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
LKIRNets
Starter

Post#174 » by LKIRNets » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:14 am

CalamityX12 wrote:Omg... I stopped watching after beginning of 3rd thinking we have this one cuz we were playing well n Charlotte was laying a duck....

The starting line up played well in the 1st half, the bench took over and at one point the starters were putting the game away. Great D, offense. D'Angelo Russell and some of the starters left up 20 points in the 3rd quarter. The coach waits for it to be a 6 point game before he reinserts him in the game. And let Dwight Howard and a 3 for 21 CHECKED Kemba Walker steal the game.

Crabbe post game tweets and deletes 5 emojis screaming at the head coach.
FlipFlopShot
Pro Prospect
And1: 330

Post#175 » by FlipFlopShot » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:29 am

CalamityX12 wrote:Omg... I stopped watching after beginning of 3rd thinking we have this one cuz we were playing well n Charlotte was laying a duck....

I feel you and I watched it.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#176 » by CalamityX12 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:36 am

LKIRNets wrote:

The starting line up played well in the 1st half, the bench took over and at one point the starters were putting the game away. Great D, offense. D'Angelo Russell and some of the starters left up 20 points in the 3rd quarter. The coach waits for it to be a 6 point game before he reinserts him in the game. And let Dwight Howard and a 3 for 21 CHECKED Kemba Walker steal the game.

I see that pic of the tweet... what Kenny do? his usual? Crabbe was taking out, what was the basis of the lost lead, too many missed 3s, TOs, Hornets simply hot, etc...?
The ModFather

LKIRNets
Starter

Post#177 » by LKIRNets » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:37 am

CalamityX12 wrote:
LKIRNets wrote:

I see that pic of the tweet... what Kenny do? his usual? Crabbe was taking out, what was the basis of the lost lead, too many missed 3s, TOs, Hornets simply hot, etc...?

Rotational gaffs.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#178 » by CalamityX12 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:37 am

FlipFlopShot wrote:

I feel you and I watched it.

I'm stunned... I can't believe what I saw in a sports ticker(I was watching a movie to entertain myself on this snowy night) I come back to this?

:banghead: ****.... and here I was thinking we are balling right now and Charlotte must be really bad! but noooooooooooooo
The ModFather

CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#179 » by CalamityX12 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:38 am

LKIRNets wrote:
CalamityX12 wrote:
LKIRNets wrote:

Rotational gaffs.

same crap then... god damn it Kenny...
The ModFather

CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#180 » by CalamityX12 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:39 am

Paradise wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:This team is really bad. Really really **** ing bad.

We need a veteran big man. Simply put. I’d actually be really happy with absorbing Howard if the Hornets blow it up this summer.

We have several big man to absorb those blows... they sitting on the bench.
The ModFather

Return to Brooklyn Nets