The Official D'Angelo Russell Thread II

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Re: The Official D'Angelo Russell Thread II 

Post#1241 » by kamaze » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:17 pm

LKIRNets wrote:
kamaze wrote:You're a funny guy overpay when you don't have to. :lol: Good thing Sean Marks makes the decisions.

Who's better a former champion and perennial all star (Kyrie Irving) or a first time all star (D'Angelo Russell)? Ask 10 people and 9 out of 10 would take the former only you would take DLo. Or do others here agree with him...Would you pay $156 million for DLO?
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1806262

You don't understand RFA. Good thing ya aint ever taken serious here.

Kyrie has won nothing wit out Lebron. He on a Celtics roster that is underachieving. Ask 9 out of 10 if Kyrie's knee and hips arent an issue? Bruh Dlo is averaging 20-6 at 22 wit out pieces and in the flow of the offense. He's not getting more than $20-21M on RFA cap hold. Teams can't offer more than 25. To answer your question. 156 for 6 would be 26M for a 23 year old. Would probably start 19-20-21-22-37-37. Russell is playing ELITE. Why would ya dumb self give Kyrie on his knee that contract when Russell right there? especially when he running from a team underachieving? just dumb. That's worst case scenario for Russell's contract. 22-23 year old who flipped the switch and is probably the 2nd best scoring PG in the NBA East. There's no way you turn it down.

Now seeing that no team would go Houston Rockets mode and I doubt PHX is that insane for Russell's RFA offer, his offer is looking more like

19-19-20-20-25-25 that would give him until ag9e 29 for his final major contract. Russell knows this business, he's seen bad flexibility on the Lakers and seen good on the Nets. The Nets Sean Marks who scouted him and praised work ethic and attitude per quote even understands his game is becoming elite is realizing he's a max guard and worth it boy.

Another one that thinks he knows the future lol. In reality Levert and Din have been signed for next year because they both play team ball we'll see what happens with him in the off season.
I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,575

Post#1242 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:29 pm

kamaze wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:The idea that Russell isn't going to be paid fair market value is asinine. If the Nets don't pay him, someone else will, guarunteed. You just don't let 22 year olds averaging 20/4/7 walk in the NBA. The hate for Russell is to the point where people become 100% illogical.

I don't know whether kamaze is trolling or being serious, because he has done nothing but troll this board regarding Russell non stop, but the idea that restricted free agency is somehow a method to keep Russell from getting max dollars is completely wrong and a gross misunderstanding of what RFA actually is. Otto Porter is out there in Chicago filthy stinking rich right now thanks to Sean Marks, you think D'Angelo Russell who is a superior player isn't going to get his cash?

and I 100% agree with LKIR about the general sentiment of running to pay Kyrie Irving 35 million a year with what we're seeing from him this season but dudes are hand wringing over going above the cap to resign Russell to a lesser deal that is agreeable to both him and ownership.

In all seriousness bruh I don't have faith in him. He started playing great AFTER the team gave an extension to LeVert and gave Dinwidde a contract.

That being said I do want him back next year I just don't want to overpay him.

Marks screwed up Washington's cap by giving Porter that contract he knew that if Washington kept him at that price it would screw up their cap and it did.

There's a difference between Otto Porter being overpaid and DLO being on the Nets at a ridiculous amount. The difference is Washington or Chicago are 11th and 13th in the standings.

I don't want to give him a Devin Booker type contract that can make them not bring a player like Demmare Carroll back. DeMarre's a part of the reason this team is over .500. They wouldn't be as good if they chose to overpay DLO and had to let a good role player walk.

The team never gave an extension to LeVert. At least get your facts right if you're going to keep trolling this board. .

Also, the idea that you would value bringing Demarre Carroll back over retaining an all star is hilarious. Keep trolling dude, one day the mods will finally catch on to your crap and send you packing.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
kamaze
General Manager

Post#1243 » by kamaze » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:31 pm

LKIRNets wrote:
kamaze wrote:You're a funny guy overpay when you don't have to. :lol: Good thing Sean Marks makes the decisions.

Who's better a former champion and perennial all star (Kyrie Irving) or a first time all star (D'Angelo Russell)? Ask 10 people and 9 out of 10 would take the former only you would take DLo. Or do others here agree with him...Would you pay $156 million for DLO?

Kyrie has won nothing wit out Lebron. He on a Celtics roster that is underachieving. Ask 9 out of 10 if Kyrie's knee and hips arent an issue? Bruh Dlo is averaging 20-6 at 22 wit out pieces and in the flow of the offense. He's not getting more than $20-21M on RFA cap hold. Teams can't offer more than 25. To answer your question. 156 for 6 would be 26M for a 23 year old. Would probably start 19-20-21-22-37-37. Russell is playing ELITE. Why would ya dumb self give Kyrie on his knee that contract when Russell right there? especially when he running from a team underachieving? just dumb. That's worst case scenario for Russell's contract. 22-23 year old who flipped the switch and is probably the 2nd best scoring PG in the NBA East. There's no way you turn it down.

Now seeing that no team would go Houston Rockets mode and I doubt PHX is that insane for Russell's RFA offer, his offer is looking more like

19-19-20-20-25-25 that would give him until age 29 for his final major contract. Russell knows this business, he's seen bad flexibility on the Lakers and seen good on the Nets. The Nets Sean Marks who scouted him and praised work ethic and attitude per quote even understands his game is becoming elite is realizing he's a max guard and worth it boy.

I can type a longer response off the cell phone and on the computer. Will one of yous explain what they believe RFA is or will you all just keep saying "you don't understand" without giving your own definition of RFA? Nevermind I know how it works see someone respond a certain way and copy that poster.

But he has won no? I'd rather have DLo but not at his max hopefully he signs for less and we don't have to argue about this and trade insults it's childish really. I've been warned and will ease up on DLO. I haven't insulted you why do you chose to do so?

I apologize to the board.

kamaze
General Manager

Post#1244 » by kamaze » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:48 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
kamaze wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:The idea that Russell isn't going to be paid fair market value is asinine. If the Nets don't pay him, someone else will, guarunteed. You just don't let 22 year olds averaging 20/4/7 walk in the NBA. The hate for Russell is to the point where people become 100% illogical.

I don't know whether kamaze is trolling or being serious, because he has done nothing but troll this board regarding Russell non stop, but the idea that restricted free agency is somehow a method to keep Russell from getting max dollars is completely wrong and a gross misunderstanding of what RFA actually is. Otto Porter is out there in Chicago filthy stinking rich right now thanks to Sean Marks, you think D'Angelo Russell who is a superior player isn't going to get his cash?

and I 100% agree with LKIR about the general sentiment of running to pay Kyrie Irving 35 million a year with what we're seeing from him this season but dudes are hand wringing over going above the cap to resign Russell to a lesser deal that is agreeable to both him and ownership.

In all seriousness bruh I don't have faith in him. He started playing great AFTER the team gave an extension to LeVert and gave Dinwidde a contract.

Marks screwed up Washington's cap by giving Porter that contract he knew that if Washington kept him at that price it would screw up their cap and it did.

There's a difference between Otto Porter being overpaid and DLO being on the Nets at a ridiculous amount. The difference is Washington or Chicago are 11th and 13th in the standings.

I don't want to give him a Devin Booker type contract that can make them not bring a player like Demmare Carroll back. DeMarre's a part of the reason this team is over .500. They wouldn't be as good if they chose to overpay DLO and had to let a good role player walk.

The team never gave an extension to LeVert. At least get your facts right if you're going to keep trolling this board. .

Also, the idea that you would value bringing Demarre Carroll back over retaining an all star is hilarious. Keep trolling dude, one day the mods will finally catch on to your crap and send you packing.

Did you even read what I wrote? I don't want them to overpay him and let a good role player walk. They wouldn't be as good without Carroll this year and they'll need role players next, it's a team game bruh one player's stats aren't enough.

Again you don't value the role players.

TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,599

Post#1245 » by TheNetsFan » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:47 pm

Let's stop throwing around invalid contract structures.

CBA 101:
DLo's max starts at 25% of the cap which is projected at $109mil. His max starting salary would be $27.25mil.

We can sign him to 5 years at most. Other teams can sign him to 4 years at most.

The max a contract can increase or decrease year to year is based on the first year's salary. 8% if we sign him. 5% is anybody else signs him.

6 year deals or $5mil jumps from one year to the next are illegal.

The max another team can offer is 4/$117.2. That's a $29.3mil average. I'd expect us to be proactive and try to lock him up for 5 years. 5/$125mil ($25mil average) would be a nice discounted compromise, and we can structure it to be team friendly, i.e. frontloaded declining similar to Aaron Gordon.
LKIRNets
Starter
And1: 598

Post#1246 » by LKIRNets » Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:20 pm

kamaze wrote:
LKIRNets wrote:

19-19-20-20-25-25 that would give him until age 29 for his final major contract. Russell knows this business, he's seen bad flexibility on the Lakers and seen good on the Nets. The Nets Sean Marks who scouted him and praised work ethic and attitude per quote even understands his game is becoming elite is realizing he's a max guard and worth it boy.

I can type a longer response off the cell phone and on the computer. Will one of yous explain what they believe RFA is or will you all just keep saying "you don't understand" without giving your own definition of RFA? Nevermind I know how it works see someone respond a certain way and copy that poster.

But he has won no? I'd rather have DLo but not at his max hopefully he signs for less and we don't have to argue about this and trade insults it's childish really. I've been warned and will ease up on DLO. I haven't insulted you why do you chose to do so?

bruh you are a Nets board troll. A notorious one.

Kyrie's knee might be jello, his next injury might be his last one at his rate. We've been through Deron Williams why would you do this again? No one insults you. You just have an act that is tiresome. Had this been Jeremy Lin or Spencer DinWiddie you'd jizz all over your pants to keep him.

A 22 year old breaking Nets, and NBA records. Put away some of the biggest teams in the East and West, Toronto nearly twice, Boston, Utah. He averaging 20-6-4 at 22. Do you realize Kyle Lowry is getting $31M this season and next? Do you realize Sean Marks gave Otto Porter that deal not just to snatch him but b/c he thought 25M would dictate the finished product in Otto Porter. Same wit Tyler Johnson who we thankfully didn't get. Allen Crabbe is making 20M, Mike Conley 30, 31-32. The market for Russell is not going to be cheap. Players like him in the NBA are a rarity. He's doing this at 22, his prime will be 28-29.

As for your apology save it. Show us instead of giving these attempts to put out your own fire which you cause.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#1247 » by Prokorov » Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:35 pm

kamaze wrote:
LKIRNets wrote:

I'm going to respond to this in a non-combative way in order to hopefully move this forward and just eliminate any posts that are not realistic scenarios.

Russell is an RFA, if a team signs him to an offer sheet, we have the right to match. thats like the "duh" part. what the intricate parts that really matter are:

1) Russells Cap Hold is 21 million. The Max another team can offer him is 26 million. The nets allowing Russell to sign an offer sheet with another team (even if they plan to match) would cost the nets 5 million in cap room. Once a team signs russell to an offer sheet, we have just a few days to match. that means we cant use our cap and then go over the cap to sign russell.

it would put marks in a serious bind because if that happens then we no longer have a max slot to offer. that 5 million makes a big difference.

2) Russells cap hold is 21 million. The nets can sign russell to a 5 year deal starting at 21 million with 8% annual raises. That would bring the average salary to about 24.5 million per year. (or 1.5 million less then what other teams can offer).

It would be in marks best interest to offer Dlo a 5 year 120 million dollar offer from day 1. This does not change our cap space even if Dlo pushes to sign it right away since it would start at 21 million and his cap hold is 21 million. while being 1.5 million less per year it would also be 1 year longer then any offersheet he could sign, giving him 20 million more in total money then anyone else could give him

*** HERE IS EXACTLY WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN ***

Marks will approch Russell a week or so prior to free agency and give him 2 options:

1) we will give you a 5/120 offer you can sign right now. It wont effect the teams cap and allow the nets to put more talent around Dlo. Dlo gets slightly less then other teams can offer per year but get 1 more year, 20 million more in total money and he doesnt have to wait

2) we will give you your max (or just below it but more then any other team can offer -- say 27 million per year) with the stipulation that you have to wait until we spend our cap first, and then sign so we can put the most talent around you, You get your near max/max, we dont lose our cap space

There is no realistic scenario i can see where russell would ever really hit free agency or entertain any other offers. he can sign right away for more years at similar money or wait and get his max with the nets (which would be a higher max then other teams can offer since we have his rights)
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#1248 » by Prokorov » Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:36 pm

kamaze wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
kamaze wrote:

Did you even read what I wrote? I don't want them to overpay him and let a good role player walk. They wouldn't be as good without Carroll this year and they'll need role players next, it's a team game bruh one player's stats aren't enough.

Again you don't value the role players.

you are making zero sense.... you say "one players stats arent enough" but want us to get rid of an all-star so we can resign one 33 year old role player?
LKIRNets
Starter
And1: 598

Post#1249 » by LKIRNets » Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:52 pm

Prokorov wrote:
kamaze wrote:
LKIRNets wrote:

I'm going to respond to this in a non-combative way in order to hopefully move this forward and just eliminate any posts that are not realistic scenarios.

Russell is an RFA, if a team signs him to an offer sheet, we have the right to match. thats like the "duh" part. what the intricate parts that really matter are:

1) Russells Cap Hold is 21 million. The Max another team can offer him is 26 million. The nets allowing Russell to sign an offer sheet with another team (even if they plan to match) would cost the nets 5 million in cap room. Once a team signs russell to an offer sheet, we have just a few days to match. that means we cant use our cap and then go over the cap to sign russell.

it would put marks in a serious bind because if that happens then we no longer have a max slot to offer. that 5 million makes a big difference.

2) Russells cap hold is 21 million. The nets can sign russell to a 5 year deal starting at 21 million with 8% annual raises. That would bring the average salary to about 24.5 million per year. (or 1.5 million less then what other teams can offer).

It would be in marks best interest to offer Dlo a 5 year 120 million dollar offer from day 1. This does not change our cap space even if Dlo pushes to sign it right away since it would start at 21 million and his cap hold is 21 million. while being 1.5 million less per year it would also be 1 year longer then any offersheet he could sign, giving him 20 million more in total money then anyone else could give him

Marks will approch Russell a week or so prior to free agency and give him 2 options:

1) we will give you a 5/120 offer you can sign right now. It wont effect the teams cap and allow the nets to put more talent around Dlo. Dlo gets slightly less then other teams can offer per year but get 1 more year, 20 million more in total money and he doesnt have to wait

2) we will give you your max (or just below it but more then any other team can offer -- say 27 million per year) with the stipulation that you have to wait until we spend our cap first, and then sign so we can put the most talent around you, You get your near max/max, we dont lose our cap space

There is no realistic scenario i can see where russell would ever really hit free agency or entertain any other offers. he can sign right away for more years at similar money or wait and get his max with the nets (which would be a higher max then other teams can offer since we have his rights)

Teach them bro.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#1250 » by Paradise » Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:59 pm

Prokorov wrote:
kamaze wrote:
LKIRNets wrote:

vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,433

Post#1251 » by vincecarter4pres » Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:04 pm

Lake fans out in full force in that DLo thread on the GB lol.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1252 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:02 am

LKIRNets wrote:
kamaze wrote:
LKIRNets wrote:

bruh you are a Nets board troll. A notorious one.

Kyrie's knee might be jello, his next injury might be his last one at his rate. We've been through Deron Williams why would you do this again? No one insults you. You just have an act that is tiresome. Had this been Jeremy Lin or Spencer DinWiddie you'd jizz all over your pants to keep him.

A 22 year old breaking Nets, and NBA records. Put away some of the biggest teams in the East and West, Toronto nearly twice, Boston, Utah. He averaging 20-6-4 at 22. Do you realize Kyle Lowry is getting $31M this season and next? Do you realize Sean Marks gave Otto Porter that deal not just to snatch him but b/c he thought 25M would dictate the finished product in Otto Porter. Same wit Tyler Johnson who we thankfully didn't get. Allen Crabbe is making 20M, Mike Conley 30, 31-32. The market for Russell is not going to be cheap. Players like him in the NBA are a rarity. He's doing this at 22, his prime will be 28-29.

As for your apology save it. Show us instead of giving these attempts to put out your own fire which you cause.

re: Otto Porter, I know its only been a few games but he's showing out in Chicago in a manner where now all of a sudden maybe Marks wasn't crazy after all.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1253 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:06 am

vincecarter4pres wrote:Lake fans out in full force in that DLo thread on the GB lol.

Those dudes are saltier than overseasoned chicken :lol: :lol: :lol:

ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#1254 » by ecuhus1981 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:06 pm

OK, hard left on the direction of this thread: do you think we could/would/should S&T Russell this summer?

As a 22yo All-Star, he could be the key piece in trading for a superstar like Anthony Davis. At this point, he's the only player who is both agitating for a departure form his current team, and worth it to trade D'Angelo IMO.

We already have a stud floor general under contract in Dinwiddie, and Kyrie is rumored to hold great interest in the Nets. As much as I've been amazed at his ascent into genuine rare air (25/8/4/1 in February!), I think we should take the opportunity to assemble a superstar-laden contender.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1255 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:15 pm

ecuhus1981 wrote:OK, hard left on the direction of this thread: do you think we could/would/should S&T Russell this summer?

As a 22yo All-Star, he could be the key piece in trading for a superstar like Anthony Davis. At this point, he's the only player who is both agitating for a departure form his current team, and worth it to trade D'Angelo IMO.

We already have a stud floor general under contract in Dinwiddie, and Kyrie is rumored to hold great interest in the Nets. As much as I've been amazed at his ascent into genuine rare air (25/8/4/1 in February!), I think we should take the opportunity to assemble a superstar-laden contender.

And Russell agrees to this because?

Why would he agree to this when an offer sheet from Phoenix most likely comes swooping in the moment that the Nets brass even attempt to pull this?

ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#1256 » by ecuhus1981 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:59 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
ecuhus1981 wrote:OK, hard left on the direction of this thread: do you think we could/would/should S&T Russell this summer?

And Russell agrees to this because?

Why would he agree to this when an offer sheet from Phoenix most likely comes swooping in the moment that the Nets brass even attempt to pull this?

Yes, the players has to play ball in these negotiations as well, it's true. We would need D'Angelo's buy-in to execute the S&T.

For the record, I don't know what PHX is trying to do with their PG position, but they don't seem highly motivated to resolve it. You may say that they have been holding that spot open for Russell, but I don't see that happening. If they were really that dead-set on acquiring him, they would not have made a bunch of Band-Aid trades to shore up their guard rotation.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#1257 » by Prokorov » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:50 pm

Russell isnt getting traded.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#1258 » by Paradise » Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:08 pm

The Wade and D’Lo Jersey exchange is going to be lit.

Read on Twitter
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1259 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:54 pm

Paradise wrote:The Wade and D’Lo Jersey exchange is going to be lit.

Read on Twitter

I like Wade telling him that it doesn't end there. I hope Russell comes out tonight looking to torch Portland

Prokorov
RealGM

Post#1260 » by Prokorov » Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:33 pm

where does one watch "the bridge"?