The Official D'Angelo Russell Thread II

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,436

Re: The Official D'Angelo Russell Thread II 

Post#241 » by vincecarter4pres » Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:40 pm

TheBrooklynKidd wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:Recent pics of D-Lo he looks like he's in pretty great shape, but is still skipping leg day. His ankles look like uncooked angel hair.

I don’t think it really matters if he’s in shape or not. The guy simply has genetic limitations that are always going to hold him back at this level.

MrDollarBills wrote:improved shooting and decision making are bigger factors than him skipping leg day, but yeah the kid is 6'5 with legs that look like barked tree twigs. I can't fathom how the training team doesn't have him working on them. hell even a simple leg press routine twice a week will add some muscle to them

this is coming from someone who hates working legs but does so anyway :oops:

Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Post#242 » by kamaze » Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:41 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:improved shooting and decision making are bigger factors than him skipping leg day, but yeah the kid is 6'5 with legs that look like barked tree twigs. I can't fathom how the training team doesn't have him working on them. hell even a simple leg press routine twice a week will add some muscle to them

this is coming from someone who hates working legs but does so anyway :oops:

Atkinson never questions D'Angelo Russell's skill set, he challenges him to get stronger.

“I don’t think people realize how big he is. He’s a big guard, he’s a long guard and he has great vision. Can he get stronger, improve his body and improve his defense?

The coach wants him to work on strength if he has stronger legs he can move his feet better and play better defense.
His defense is more of a problem than his turnovers when I watch him play he doesn't make good decisions but that just might be the type of player he is.
He can get better but I'd prefer someone who fits into the offense better rather than try to bang a square peg into a round hole.
I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#243 » by ChokeFasncists » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:45 pm

kamaze wrote:
Paradise wrote:
Read on Twitter

There you have it the coach says he needs to improve his defense for all of you that said defense from the point guard isn't needed. :roll:

That's just extremist view, taking the fact that point guard defense is the least important and spinning into unimportant. A 7 footer who can guard the smallest guy on the court is definitely more important than a 6 footer, cuz the 6 footer has no chance against the big guys around the basket. But a bad point guard defender would still be pretty detrimental to the team's defense and a big good defending point guard like Lin and DVD is a big plus cuz they can guard wings.
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
kamaze
General Manager

Post#244 » by kamaze » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:37 pm

ChokeFasncists wrote:
kamaze wrote:
Paradise wrote:
Read on Twitter

There you have it the coach says he needs to improve his defense for all of you that said defense from the point guard isn't needed. :roll:

That's just extremist view, taking the fact that point guard defense is the least important and spinning into unimportant. A 7 footer who can guard the smallest guy on the court is definitely more important than a 6 footer, cuz the 6 footer has no chance against the big guys around the basket. But a bad point guard defender would still be pretty detrimental to the team's defense and a big good defending point guard like Lin and DVD is a big plus cuz they can guard wings.

The coach says work on your defense strengthen your legs come on this board knuckleheads say no we know better the point guard's defense isn't important, instead of working on your legs like the coaches want improve your shooting (you use your legs to shoot) and improve your decision making :lol: :lol: :gossip: :noway:. You guys are a trip.

kamaze
General Manager

Post#245 » by kamaze » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:46 pm

This clown called the coach's off season goals that D'Angelo should work on extremist. :no: He's only a good developmental coach but what does he know. :crazy:

MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,813

Post#246 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:41 pm

dude you're going off the rails, relax. Choke isn't a clown and we're not knuckleheads for refuting your erroneous claims that a PG's defense is the key to a team's defense being good or bad when there are several cases of this being disproven league wide.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
kamaze
General Manager

Post#247 » by kamaze » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:02 pm

I apologize Choke I go off sometimes no harm meant bruh :beer:

TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,599

Post#248 » by TheNetsFan » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:10 pm

kamaze wrote:
ChokeFasncists wrote:
kamaze wrote:

The coach says work on your defense strengthen your legs come on this board knuckleheads say no we know better the point guard's defense isn't important, instead of working on your legs like the coaches want improve your shooting (you use your legs to shoot) and improve your decision making :lol: :lol: :gossip: :noway:. You guys are a trip.

He said improve his body, not his legs specifically. That's the same thing I've been saying forever. Since he's not the quickest of players, he needs to add bulk/strength so that he can finish better & keep guys on his hip without losing balance. I don't see him getting Harden big (220lbs), but if he could get half way there, about 210lbs, I think he'll be much better off.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#249 » by ChokeFasncists » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:51 pm

kamaze wrote:
ChokeFasncists wrote:
kamaze wrote:

kamaze wrote:This clown called the coach's off season goals that D'Angelo should work on extremist. :no: He's only a good developmental coach but what does he know. :crazy:

kamaze wrote:I apologize Choke I go off sometimes no harm meant bruh :beer:

It's cool...read closer...try substituting the first "That" with "defense from the point guard isn't needed". I was actually agreeing with your position. :beer:
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
steady
Veteran
And1: 1,351

Post#250 » by steady » Sun Jul 1, 2018 9:03 am

DMCs caption : “Hard Work is a Talent.”
shakendfries
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,063

Post#251 » by shakendfries » Wed Jul 4, 2018 3:05 pm

D'Lo's trainer said the goals for the season:
- 82 games
- 90 % FT - 50% FG - 40% 3pt
- take lower degree of difficulty shots, pass to the open man, rebound, and defend

ImageImage

"Kevin Durant is not coming to the Nets. If I'm wrong, I will change my avatar to anything you request no matter how humiliating it is." - MrDollarBills, 10/22/18
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,177

Post#252 » by Keith Van Horn » Wed Jul 4, 2018 4:31 pm

thanks for sharing that Shake
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,813

Post#253 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Jul 4, 2018 6:50 pm

shakendfries wrote:D'Lo's trainer said the goals for the season:
- 82 games
- take lower degree of difficulty shots, pass to the open man, rebound, and defend

I like the mindset, in reality though I would be perfectly fine with 86% FT 46%FG 37% 3PT. There is zero reason why he cannot achieve this with his talent level.

The fact that he's focused on the same things that we have been critical about is a great sign. Lets hope it comes together this fall. I'm glad he's also working with people who realize how easy this game would be for him if he just keeps things simple.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
TinmanZBoy
Head Coach
And1: 4,718

Post#254 » by TinmanZBoy » Wed Jul 4, 2018 6:56 pm

shakendfries wrote:D'Lo's trainer said the goals for the season:
- 82 games

the goal is to be an all NBA teamer then
Hi Clutchie, I love you... :kiss
moonpie
General Manager
And1: 2,684

Post#255 » by moonpie » Wed Jul 4, 2018 7:37 pm

Added a little spin after the dribble on the free throw. Hopefully helps the rhythm and consistency
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,599

Post#257 » by TheNetsFan » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:04 pm

Interesting breakdown.

Read on Twitter

If he can give this consistently, then we're in good hands.

Note: He only played in 48 games last year, and was on minutes restrictions for some post-injury.
Claud
Sixth Man
And1: 872

Post#258 » by Claud » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:05 pm

Huge year for Russell.

How the season goes will determine the type of money he will get next summer, similar to RHJ and Dinwiddie.

It's a big year for the Nets in general. Lots of guys looking to get better and take step forward.

Knock on wood no major injuries to anyone on the roster.
3pt_chucker
Head Coach
And1: 2,002

Post#259 » by 3pt_chucker » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:38 pm

He needs to stay healthy the entire season. We definitely saw flashes of how good he can be. I think year 2 in this system plus consistent minutes/role can allow him to take the leap a lot of us thinks he's capable of.
Roy Tarpley
Veteran
And1: 987

Post#260 » by Roy Tarpley » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:53 pm

TheNetsFan wrote:Interesting breakdown.

Read on Twitter

If he can give this consistently, then we're in good hands.

Note: He only played in 48 games last year, and was on minutes restrictions for some post-injury.

This is the most promising thing I've seen on Dlo. Dude needs to get the FT% up. If you can't hit 80% as a guard, that's an issue.

Return to Brooklyn Nets