Brooklyn Nets 2017/18 End of Season Review: Awards and Grades

Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

Curns13
Pro Prospect
And1: 267

Brooklyn Nets 2017/18 End of Season Review: Awards and Grades 

Post#1 » by Curns13 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:05 pm

Brooklyn Nets Overall: B

After a 20 win year, 28 wins is a significant improvement. Factoring in losing Lin for 81 games, Dlo for 30 something and RHJ and CLV for a whole month, 28 games games is a job well done. Add in the fact that moves were made throughout the season that looked at the long term and hurt our win total. I don’t think it’s a stretch to say that with better injury luck, this team wins 35 games which would have been a huge improvement on the previous year.

The most positive aspect of the season was the tremendous development seen by so many guys. RHJ, Dinwiddie, CLV and Harris all made huge leaps. Crabbe and DLo showed flashes and Allen went from a ‘G-League guy’ to starting half the season and probably earning an all-rookie team spot.

This season was a success.
Curns13
Pro Prospect

Re: Brooklyn Nets 2017/18 End of Season Review: Awards and Grades 

Post#2 » by Curns13 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:06 pm

Grades
I have graded players based on performance against expectation, not actual production.

Jarrett Allen (8ppg, 5rpb, 1 blk, PER 17.6): A
As mentioned, many thought he’d spend significant time at Long Island, but instead led the team in blocks, PER, DBPM and WS/48. AND HE’S 19! Lobs and blocks for the next decade right here.

Rondae Hollis-Jefferson (14ppg, 7rpg, 3apg, 1spg, PER 16.9): A-
Turned himself in an offensive contributor, averaging the second most ppg and was also second in steals and blocks and led the team in rebounds. Showed he is a starting level player in this league for years to come.

Joe Harris (11ppg, 3rpg, 2apg, PER 13.4): B+
Led the team in 3P% with a crazy .419% and TS% while adding a couple more weapons to his arsenal (2nd highest shooting % on drives in the league behind LBJ!). I hope he loves BKLYN enough to still be here come October.

Caris LeVert (12ppg, 4rpg, 4apg, 1spg, PER 14.3): B+
Spent much of the season running the 2nd unit and looks like he could be that second ball handler Kenny is looking for. Led the team in steals and formed an awesome combo with JA through the middle part of the season. Had me terrified at his poor play early, but got much more consistent as the season went on.

Spencer Dinwiddie (13ppg, 3rpg, 7apg, PER 15.9): B
Was huge for this team when both Lin and Dlo went down, he kept us afloat through most of December and January. This will be a big offseason for him and us: is he a part of the long term plan or do we cash in on the value he has created for himself?

DeMarre Carroll (14ppg, 7rpg, 2 apg, PER 14.3): B
No one knew exactly what to expect from DMC, but we got the best possible version. His vet presence helped hold the team together, his on court play was good and he had some big clutch moments on both sides of the ball.

Dante Cunningham (8ppg, 5rpg, 1apg, PER 13.8): B-
Didn’t seem like an impact move when Marks brought him in, but he shot 38% from 3 on reasonably high volume and seemed like a decent backup 4. Could be worth keeping around.

D’Angelo Russell (16ppg, 4rpg, 5apg, PER 15.3): C+
He showed glimpses of what he might be capable of but not often enough. Other than increased effort on the defensive end (which didn’t always result in better defence), this is pretty much the D’Angelo that the Lakers gave up on. Hopefully with a full offseason and some injury luck, 2018/19 will be the year he turns the corner.

Allen Crabbe (13ppg, 4rpg, 2apg, PER 12.3): C+
With great salary comes great expectations. Showed improvement in all areas of his game except shooting, and that’s what he’s paid to do. If he can get his shooting numbers back up to his Portland level, and continues to defend, rebound and be more active within the offense, he might just earn that $19M.

Quincy Acy (6ppg, 4rpg, PER 8.2): C
Worked hard, cheered loud, great beard, hit some pretty big threes (also missed plenty). Quincy Acy did Quincy Acy things.

Isaiah Whitehead (16 games played, 6ppg, 2rpg, 1apg, PER 11.6): C
Barely played, even when we were down 2 point guards. Finished top 10 in ppg in the G-League so I guess that’s something. Not sure what Markison has in store for him in the future.

Jahlil Okafor (26 games played, 12 minutes per game, 6ppg, 3rpg, PER 15.9): D
Came for a second chance and didn’t really get it. Is that Jahlil or the Nets fault? Maybe both? I expected Greg Munroe or ZBo type production off the bench, but he barely played and when he did it was mostly disappointing. Not sure where he gRunner oes from here, but I don’t think its Brooklyn.

Nik Stauskas (5ppg, 2rpg, 1apg, PER 9.8): D
Replaced Sean Kilpatrick and then became him (not 2016/17 Skill unfortunately).

Timofey Mozgov (31 games played, 4ppg, 3rpg, PER 12.3): E
Nothing. We basically paid $21M this year to have to see what Dlo has.
Curns13
Pro Prospect

Post#3 » by Curns13 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:07 pm

Awards

MVP: DeMarre Carroll (Runner Up – RHJ)

DeMarre started the most games, played the most minutes per game, was third in ppg, second in rebounds and was the vet presence this team needed to stay together. Losing 54 games must take its toll, but it’s because of guys like DeMarre that we competed almost every night. Fan appreciation night showed that he is the leader of this team, the voice of this team and someone that every other guy wearing black and white looks up to. Guys like Randy Foye, Trever Booker and DeMarre Carroll are helping to mould these young men, and when we are really good, they will have been a huge part in that.

Most Improved: Rondae Hollis-Jefferson (Runner Up – Dinwiddie)

Most people are probably thinking Spencer owns this, but I believe it is RHJ that has improved the most from last season to this.
Some stats
RHJ 2016/17 – 9ppg, .434%FG, .517 TS%, 6rpg, PER 13.7, WS/48 .070
RHJ 2017/18 – 14ppg, .472%FG, .548 TS%, 7rpg, PER 16.9, WS/48 .103

Spencer 2016/17 – 7ppg, .444%FG, .581 TS%, 3rpg, 3apg, PER 12.7, WS/48 .101
Spencer 2017/18 – 13ppg, .387%FG, .527 TS%, 3rpg, 7apg, PER 15.9, WS/48 .118

They have both shown significant improvement. Both have increased minutes and usage, but RHJ’s shooting percentages have gone up with those extra opportunities whereas Spencer’s have decreased. RHJ was our most consistent performer whereas Spencer was brilliant at times but went completely missing at others. Plus I’m a huge RHJ fan, so he gets the nod from me.

Most Important: D’Angelo Russell (Runner Up – CLV)

If D’Angelo is Harden-lite then we are already in year 3 of our rebuild. If he isn’t, then we are at least a year away from acquiring the guy who might be the superstar we need. This is a superstar league and he is the only guy on our roster right now who could get there. Next year is a huge year for Dlo and this organisation, if he leaps we all breathe a sigh of relief. If he doesn’t, we start our search again.

Most Potential: Jarrett Allen (Runner Up – Dlo)

Dlo is all could be’s and what if’s. We’ve seen his elite passing, but we’ve seen him throw 6 turnovers. We’ve seen him take over games with his scoring, but we’ve seen him go cold over and over. We’ve seen him try hard on D, but we’ve seen he still sucks. There are no could be’s and what if’s with Jarrett Allen. He will be smart as hell with a high bball IQ. He will block shots and dunk on anybody. His body will fill out and he will become more polished offensively.

One last comparison:
Clint Capela (year 2, 21 yrs old) – 35 games started, 19mpg, 7ppg, 6rpg, 1.2 blk, PER 18.3, WS/48 .144, DBPM 1.7, VORP 0.9
Jarrett Allen (year 1, 19 yrs old) – 31 games started, 20mpg, 8ppg, 5rpb, 1.2 blk, PER 17.6, WS/48 .141, DBPM 1.4, VORP 0.8

And we've got this kid for the best part of a decade!!!!!
Curns13
Pro Prospect

Post#4 » by Curns13 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:13 pm

I would love to here what everyone thinks. What do you agree with? What do you disagree with? What do you all think about the season?
Roy Tarpley
Veteran
And1: 987

Post#5 » by Roy Tarpley » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:49 pm

I think Joe Harris deserves an A. His improvement was better than everyone else on the team. Naturally, he's also the "Most Improved."

I might also give Dinwiddie a B-. I can't get past the declines in his shooting percentages.

But otherwise, I agree with your assessment.
shakendfries
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,063

Post#6 » by shakendfries » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:19 pm

Good work Curns!

Mods: Please roll all of these threads into one thread, so we don't wind up with 20 different treads trying to review the Nets performance this season
ImageImage

"Kevin Durant is not coming to the Nets. If I'm wrong, I will change my avatar to anything you request no matter how humiliating it is." - MrDollarBills, 10/22/18
All Nets
Sophomore
And1: 75

Post#7 » by All Nets » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:29 pm

Good assessment. I agree with most of the grades you gave and definitely agree with Carroll as MVP.

One thing I'm not fully on board with is the feeling that our future franchise player is either DLo or future prospect/big name FA. I don't see why can't it be Jeremy Lin?

Just kidding, but why are can't it be LeVert or J-Fro? LeVert has outperformed DLo this season, per your grades and by my own perception as well. He's trended upwards throughout the season and with some hard work may be able to pull off an Oladipo type transformation. Similarly, Allen has shown flashes of being able to hit the outside 3 in addition to being a nightmare lob option for teams to defend.

But if no one steps up to become at least a perennial all-star candidate, then we agree that we're at least a year off, if not much more from finding our next franchise player.
shakendfries
Assistant Coach

Post#8 » by shakendfries » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:33 pm

All Nets wrote:Good assessment. I agree with most of the grades you gave and definitely agree with Carroll as MVP.

One thing I'm not fully on board with is the feeling that our future franchise player is either DLo or future prospect/big name FA. I don't see why can't it be Jeremy Lin?

All Nets wrote:Just kidding, but why are can't it be LeVert or J-Fro? LeVert has outperformed DLo this season, per your grades and by my own perception as well. He's trended upwards throughout the season and with some hard work may be able to pull off an Oladipo type transformation. Similarly, Allen has shown flashes of being able to hit the outside 3 in addition to being a nightmare lob option for teams to defend.

ImageImage

"Kevin Durant is not coming to the Nets. If I'm wrong, I will change my avatar to anything you request no matter how humiliating it is." - MrDollarBills, 10/22/18
Curns13
Pro Prospect

Post#9 » by Curns13 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:35 pm

All Nets wrote:Good assessment. I agree with most of the grades you gave and definitely agree with Carroll as MVP.

Just kidding, but why are can't it be LeVert or J-Fro? LeVert has outperformed DLo this season, per your grades and by my own perception as well. He's trended upwards throughout the season and with some hard work may be able to pull off an Oladipo type transformation. Similarly, Allen has shown flashes of being able to hit the outside 3 in addition to being a nightmare lob option for teams to defend.

But if no one steps up to become at least a perennial all-star candidate, then we agree that we're at least a year off, if not much more from finding our next franchise player.

I definitely can see CLV having a better career than Dlo, I just don’t see him developing into a multi-time all star. As far as Fro goes, I think its almost certain he will ve as good as Myles Turner, Capela and perhaps even peak Tyson Chandler, but none of those dudes can carry you to a championship. IMO Fro can be the 3rd maybe even 2nd best player on a very good team, but he can’t be THE guy.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 35,826

Post#10 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:39 pm

Great assessment as usual, Curns.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Curns13
Pro Prospect

Post#11 » by Curns13 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:07 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:Great assessment as usual, Curns.

Cheers, bro.
kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Post#12 » by kamaze » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:47 pm

Curns13 wrote:Awards

DeMarre started the most games, played the most minutes per game, was third in ppg, second in rebounds and was the vet presence this team needed to stay together. Losing 54 games must take its toll, but it’s because of guys like DeMarre that we competed almost every night. Fan appreciation night showed that he is the leader of this team, the voice of this team and someone that every other guy wearing black and white looks up to. Guys like Randy Foye, Trever Booker and DeMarre Carroll are helping to mould these young men, and when we are really good, they will have been a huge part in that.

Most people are probably thinking Spencer owns this, but I believe it is RHJ that has improved the most from last season to this.
Some stats

They have both shown significant improvement. Both have increased minutes and usage, but RHJ’s shooting percentages have gone up with those extra opportunities whereas Spencer’s have decreased. RHJ was our most consistent performer whereas Spencer was brilliant at times but went completely missing at others. Plus I’m a huge RHJ fan, so he gets the nod from me.

If D’Angelo is Harden-lite then we are already in year 3 of our rebuild. If he isn’t, then we are at least a year away from acquiring the guy who might be the superstar we need. This is a superstar league and he is the only guy on our roster right now who could get there. Next year is a huge year for Dlo and this organisation, if he leaps we all breathe a sigh of relief. If he doesn’t, we start our search again.

Dlo is all could be’s and what if’s. We’ve seen his elite passing, but we’ve seen him throw 6 turnovers. We’ve seen him take over games with his scoring, but we’ve seen him go cold over and over. We’ve seen him try hard on D, but we’ve seen he still sucks. There are no could be’s and what if’s with Jarrett Allen. He will be smart as hell with a high bball IQ. He will block shots and dunk on anybody. His body will fill out and he will become more polished offensively.

One last comparison:
Clint Capela (year 2, 21 yrs old) – 35 games started, 19mpg, 7ppg, 6rpg, 1.2 blk, PER 18.3, WS/48 .144, DBPM 1.7, VORP 0.9
Jarrett Allen (year 1, 19 yrs old) – 31 games started, 20mpg, 8ppg, 5rpb, 1.2 blk, PER 17.6, WS/48 .141, DBPM 1.4, VORP 0.8

Agreed with your points Curns except most important. I think Carroll was more important, RHJ was more important, Dinwiddie, Levert were more important. DLO has the talent as one minute he'll play great the next he'll make a boneheaded turnover. Add to that he is consistently a bad defender the team played it's best defense while he was injured.

moonpie wrote:
Read on Twitter

"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't want to work hard"
I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton
Curns13
Pro Prospect

Post#13 » by Curns13 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:04 pm

kamaze wrote:
Curns13 wrote:Awards

Some stats

One last comparison:

Agreed with your points Curns except most important. I think Carroll was more important, RHJ was more important, Dinwiddie, Levert were more important. DLO has the talent as one minute he'll play great the next he'll make a boneheaded turnover. Add to that he is consistently a bad defender the team played it's best defense while he was injured.

moonpie wrote:
Read on Twitter

"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't want to work hard"

I see what you saying. The ‘Most Important’ and ‘Most Potential’ awards were more about looking to the future. To me Dlo is the most important player for our future for all the reasons I said above.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#14 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:35 am

Russell taking a step forward next season is hugely important to this team's long term success. He's the most talented player on the team. If he doesn't that just makes this rebuild even longer.

I love LeVert and RHJ as well but there's a reason why they were selected in the 20s and Russell was taken at #2. His upside is huge. He just needs to become consistent and find the right balance between scoring and passing. The nights where he's at his best, if he can give us games like that 4 out of every 5 nights like most all star players do, that will be huge from this franchise. A lot is riding on him doing just that, to pretend otherwise is not realistic.

His defense in the long run is irrelevant, the real change needs to come from how the Nets as a team defend. Period. Russell isn't the only one on this team who struggles against the pick and roll.

Overall, this franchise's future success rides a lot on Russell becoming consistent, cutting down the carelessness, and getting physically stronger. It rides on Jarrett Allen getting stronger and continuing to add more tools to his offensive game. It rides on RHJ getting that three point shot of his into the 33-35% range. It rides on LeVert becoming more consistent. It rides on the 2019 and 2020 picks being cash money draftees.

shakendfries
Assistant Coach

Post#15 » by shakendfries » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:32 am

NBA Math was pretty harsh with their assessmnt of the Nets, but I can't blame them. They're typically objective with their analysis. Does any of this change how you view the roster's performance this season? Does this change any pieces you believe to be untouchable?

Spoiler:
That’s the question NBA Math staff members and contributors sought to answer, ranking each and every player in the sport’s premier league on a 1-to-12 scale and then seeing who emerged with the highest averages. The distant past was irrelevant. Long-term potential doesn’t matter. Only the level at which we expect them to play right after the conclusion of 2017-18 matters, assuming health for those currently healthy and full recoveries from those presently injured. For example, Gordon Hayward will still be included in this analysis; we just assume he’s already completed his rehab and now has that as a prior portion of his overall injury history.

All players—classified by the team for which they last appeared, even if they were since waived or released in some alternative fashion—were graded on the following scale by each evaluator, and ties between players with identical averages were broken by sorting the scores from best to worst and propping up the men who had the highest mark at any point in the top-down progression:

1. Shouldn’t Get Minutes
2. End-of-Bench Pieces
3. Depth Pieces
4. High-End Backups
5. Low-End Starters
6. Solid Starters
7. High-End Starters, Non-All-Stars
8. All-Star Candidates
9. All-NBA Candidates, Non-MVP Candidates
10. Lesser MVP Candidates
11. MVP Frontrunners
12. Best Player in the League (only one player could earn this grade on each ballot)

Now, for the Brooklyn Nets:

Shouldn’t Get Minutes: 1.00 to 1.49
16(tie). Milton Doyle, 1.00 (No change)

16(tie). James Webb, 1.00 (Unranked preseason)

16(tie). Jacob Wiley, 1.00 (No change)

End-of-Bench Pieces: 1.50 to 2.49
14(tie). Timofey Mozgov, 2.00 (0.81 down)

14(tie). Isaiah Whitehead, 2.00 (0.56 down)

13. Nik Stauskas, 2.18 (0.76 down)

12. Jahlil Okafor, 2.27 (1.04 down)

11. Quincy Acy, 2.36 (0.32 down)

Depth Pieces: 2.50 to 3.49

10. Dante Cunningham, 2.73 (0.59 down)

High-End Backups: 3.50 to 4.49
9. Jarrett Allen, 4.00 (1.69 up)

8. Joe Harris, 4.19 (1.68 up)

7. Caris LeVert, 4.36 (0.8 up)

Low-End Starters: 4.50 to 5.49
6. Jeremy Lin, 4.55 (0.52 down)

4(tie). D’Angelo Russell, 4.73 (0.71 down)

4(tie). Allen Crabbe, 4.73 (0.1 up)

3. Rondae Hollis-Jefferson, 4.82 (1.19 up)

2. DeMarre Carroll, 5.00 (0.69 up)

Solid Starters: 5.50 to 6.49
Spencer Dinwiddie, 5.55 (2.86 up)

High-End Starters: 6.50 to 7.49
None

All-Star Candidates: 7.50 to 8.49
None

All-NBA Candidates: 8.50 to 9.49
None

Lesser MVP Candidates: 9.50 to 10.49
None

MVP Frontrunners: 10.50 to 12.00
None
ImageImage

Curns13
Pro Prospect

Post#16 » by Curns13 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:23 am

MrDollarBills wrote:Russell taking a step forward next season is hugely important to this team's long term success. He's the most talented player on the team. If he doesn't that just makes this rebuild even longer.

I love LeVert and RHJ as well but there's a reason why they were selected in the 20s and Russell was taken at #2. His upside is huge. He just needs to become consistent and find the right balance between scoring and passing. The nights where he's at his best, if he can give us games like that 4 out of every 5 nights like most all star players do, that will be huge from this franchise. A lot is riding on him doing just that, to pretend otherwise is not realistic.

His defense in the long run is irrelevant, the real change needs to come from how the Nets as a team defend. Period. Russell isn't the only one on this team who struggles against the pick and roll.

Overall, this franchise's future success rides a lot on Russell becoming consistent, cutting down the carelessness, and getting physically stronger. It rides on Jarrett Allen getting stronger and continuing to add more tools to his offensive game. It rides on RHJ getting that three point shot of his into the 33-35% range. It rides on LeVert becoming more consistent. It rides on the 2019 and 2020 picks being cash money draftees.

I could not agree more. RHJ, Caris and Allen could all become 3rd best guys on a contender. They may even be able to become 2nd best guys, but Dlo is the only one with the skills to be THE guy. If he can be that superstar, then we have already got him acclimated to the offense, we’ve got through the rookie struggles, we’ve got him trusting the organisation and we are only a year or two away from having a year after year all star. If he isn’t then we have to hope we find that guy in the 2019 draft and build him up from there. IMO we are either entering year 4 of our rebuild or we are another year away from it really beginning.
Curns13
Pro Prospect

Post#17 » by Curns13 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:27 am

shakendfries wrote:NBA Math was pretty harsh with their assessmnt of the Nets, but I can't blame them. They're typically objective with their analysis. Does any of this change how you view the roster's performance this season? Does this change any pieces you believe to be untouchable?

Spoiler:
That’s the question NBA Math staff members and contributors sought to answer, ranking each and every player in the sport’s premier league on a 1-to-12 scale and then seeing who emerged with the highest averages. The distant past was irrelevant. Long-term potential doesn’t matter. Only the level at which we expect them to play right after the conclusion of 2017-18 matters, assuming health for those currently healthy and full recoveries from those presently injured. For example, Gordon Hayward will still be included in this analysis; we just assume he’s already completed his rehab and now has that as a prior portion of his overall injury history.

All players—classified by the team for which they last appeared, even if they were since waived or released in some alternative fashion—were graded on the following scale by each evaluator, and ties between players with identical averages were broken by sorting the scores from best to worst and propping up the men who had the highest mark at any point in the top-down progression:

1. Shouldn’t Get Minutes
2. End-of-Bench Pieces
3. Depth Pieces
4. High-End Backups
5. Low-End Starters
6. Solid Starters
8. All-Star Candidates
11. MVP Frontrunners
12. Best Player in the League (only one player could earn this grade on each ballot)

None

None

None

None

None

I agree with most of that. I think they have undervalued JA and overvalued Dinwiddie although I don’t know how those number have been calculated. This time next year hopefully RHJ, JA and Dlo will all be solid starters and Caris will be a low end starter. Still need to find that All NBA candidate.
kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Post#18 » by kamaze » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:32 am

MrDollarBills wrote:Russell taking a step forward next season is hugely important to this team's long term success. He's the most talented player on the team. If he doesn't that just makes this rebuild even longer.

This has been a rocky road for DLO. He was picked 2nd in the draft but he was also traded away by that team. We all want him to be a consistent good player but that's not what he showed this year. He showed flashes of brilliance couple with bad turnovers and bad defense.

DeMarre wants to help him out, be a big brother to him so we'll see.

https://www.netsdaily.com/2018/4/12/17231396/demarre-carroll-wants-to-take-dangelo-russell-under-his-wing-this-summer
I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#19 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:29 am

shakendfries wrote:NBA Math was pretty harsh with their assessmnt of the Nets, but I can't blame them. They're typically objective with their analysis. Does any of this change how you view the roster's performance this season? Does this change any pieces you believe to be untouchable?

Spoiler:

1. Shouldn’t Get Minutes
2. End-of-Bench Pieces
3. Depth Pieces
4. High-End Backups
5. Low-End Starters
6. Solid Starters
8. All-Star Candidates
11. MVP Frontrunners

None

None

None

None

None

Doesn't really change much imo. The players we are concerned most with are all ages 19-23. These grades will improve next year.

It's not about right now. It's about how these guys will be when they are in their professional primes. Jarrett Allen and Caris LeVert won't be high end back ups two years from now. RHJ continues to get better each season. These guys won't be stuck in neutral for their entire careers.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#20 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:32 am

kamaze wrote:

This has been a rocky road for DLO. He was picked 2nd in the draft but he was also traded away by that team. We all want him to be a consistent good player but that's not what he showed this year. He showed flashes of brilliance couple with bad turnovers and bad defense.

DeMarre wants to help him out, be a big brother to him so we'll see.

https://www.netsdaily.com/2018/4/12/17231396/demarre-carroll-wants-to-take-dangelo-russell-under-his-wing-this-summer

Yeah, but he needs a chance to do so. Writing him off or acting like he can't improve right now is premature.

Return to Brooklyn Nets