ImageImageImageImageImage

Sean Marks/Kenny Atkinson Exit interview

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Sean Marks/Kenny Atkinson Exit interview 

Post#1 » by kamaze » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:42 pm

It deserves it's own thread big shout out to Paradise for posting the quotes.
Paradise wrote:The Markinson Exit Interview

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton
shakendfries
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,063

Re: Sean Marks/Kenny Atkinson Exit interview 

Post#2 » by shakendfries » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:54 pm

Read on Twitter

sounds like Sean Marks might be ready to trust the process
ImageImage

"Kevin Durant is not coming to the Nets. If I'm wrong, I will change my avatar to anything you request no matter how humiliating it is." - MrDollarBills, 10/22/18
kamaze
General Manager

Post#3 » by kamaze » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:08 pm

shakendfries wrote:
Read on Twitter

sounds like Sean Marks might be ready to trust the process

He keeps everyone guessing lol nobody knows what this guy is thinking.

vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,436

Post#4 » by vincecarter4pres » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:12 pm

It's definitely a good thing they keep a tight ship with rumors and the such. Very cryptic and Spurs/Rockets like.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
moonpie
General Manager
And1: 2,684

Post#5 » by moonpie » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:31 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
shakendfries
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,063

Post#6 » by shakendfries » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:43 pm

Read on Twitter

:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

ImageImage

"Kevin Durant is not coming to the Nets. If I'm wrong, I will change my avatar to anything you request no matter how humiliating it is." - MrDollarBills, 10/22/18
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,844

Post#7 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:06 pm

One thing that I did gather was that the team is probably going to move on from Okafor.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#8 » by NyCeEvO » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:27 pm

I'm glad to read that Kenny knows how bad our defense is and our "conservative" approach will remain only until we have the right personnel. At the same time, I do wonder why he believes we need better personnel for things as simple as contesting midrange shots with a hand up by our big men.

I understand that he may not want to contest those shots all of the time, fearing that the would-be shooter will instead pumpfake and drive to the basket for a more efficient layup, but you won't get that if your big men at least take a a full or halfstep toward the shooter and keep their feet planted to the ground regardless of whether they shoot it or not.
steady
Veteran
And1: 1,351

Post#9 » by steady » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:25 am

MrDollarBills wrote:One thing that I did gather was that the team is probably going to move on from Okafor.

... and that Joe Harris is likely staying.

Both of which are the right calls, IMO.
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets

Re: RE: Re: Sean Marks/Kenny Atkinson Exit interview 

Post#10 » by NyCeEvO » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:29 am

steady wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:One thing that I did gather was that the team is probably going to move on from Okafor.

... and that Joe Harris is likely staying.

Both of which are the right calls, IMO.

Agreed. I really like Harris. Thankfully, most of the league is capped out, so I hope we won't have to compete with another team for his services.

Sent from my SM-N900T using RealGM mobile app
steady
Veteran
And1: 1,351

Post#11 » by steady » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:39 am

I think 1-11 (including Mozgov, Cunningham) are pretty likely to remain. Okafor, Stauskas and even Acy and Whitehead, seem less certain to me.

Ball handlers
Russell, LeVert, Lin, Dinwiddie

Wings
Crabbe, Harris

Forwards
RHJ, DMC, Cunningham

Centers
Jarrett Allen, Mozgov
kamaze
General Manager

Post#12 » by kamaze » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:01 am

NyCeEvO wrote:I'm glad to read that Kenny knows how bad our defense is and our "conservative" approach will remain only until we have the right personnel. At the same time, I do wonder why he believes we need better personnel for things as simple as contesting midrange shots with a hand up by our big men.

I understand that he may not want to contest those shots all of the time, fearing that the would-be shooter will instead pumpfake and drive to the basket for a more efficient layup, but you won't get that if your big men at least take a a full or halfstep toward the shooter and keep their feet planted to the ground regardless of whether they shoot it or not.

Maybe because the guys do try on defense but are still lacking. The players they bring in should be more athletic because of this.
I've said it before when your starting point guard is a bad defender and the face of the franchise you're not going to be a defensive team.

iamworthy
RealGM
And1: 8,909

Post#13 » by iamworthy » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:54 am

Sounds like Russell will be on a strict regiment this summer. He bought into the 4hr rehab days so you'd think he'd buy I this summer especially because he has a pay day coming up. Should be interesting.
DeRoma
Veteran
And1: 525

Post#14 » by DeRoma » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:14 am

I’m just glad we aren’t too sold to any positions. Adding talent should still be the goal for this team. No one is safe. Except for Allen :)

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#15 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:27 pm

kamaze wrote:
NyCeEvO wrote:I'm glad to read that Kenny knows how bad our defense is and our "conservative" approach will remain only until we have the right personnel. At the same time, I do wonder why he believes we need better personnel for things as simple as contesting midrange shots with a hand up by our big men.

Maybe because the guys do try on defense but are still lacking. The players they bring in should be more athletic because of this.
I've said it before when your starting point guard is a bad defender and the face of the franchise you're not going to be a defensive team.

Let's not rehash this, because it was debunked overwhelmingly. There are teams in the playoffs right now who have subpar to bad defenders as their starting PGs and their defenses are some of the best ones in the league. It's a mix of personnel and team defensive philosophy, period.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#16 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:32 pm

Yep. we know that is all on Kenny because the same thing we watch the big men do this year was the same thing that Brook was doing last year. That's by design and it needs to change.

Watch Golden State's defense. We need to be doing it like that. They really don't have these all world athletes on their roster but their team defense, rotations, traps and defense versus the pick and roll looks so crisp while we look all out of sorts once someone gets screened. If I'm going to be critical of Kenny, it is in two areas: in game adjustment/rotational decisions and his entire philosophy to defense.

NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets

Post#17 » by NyCeEvO » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:41 pm

kamaze wrote:

The Nets were doing this last year with Brook Lopez and before DLo was on the team. We thought/hoped Kenny was doing this only because of Brook's lateral footspeed. But we realized that wasn't Brook when Kenny had Acy, Allen, and others defending PnPs same way this year.
kamaze
General Manager

Post#18 » by kamaze » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:49 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
kamaze wrote:

Let's not rehash this, because it was debunked overwhelmingly. There are teams in the playoffs right now who have subpar to bad defenders as their starting PGs and their defenses are some of the best ones in the league. It's a mix of personnel and team defensive philosophy, period.

I'm asking for the guy to become a better defender you say it's ok to be a subpar defender what matters is what the coach and front office think.

kamaze wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

kamaze
General Manager

Post#19 » by kamaze » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:58 pm

NyCeEvO wrote:
kamaze wrote:

The Nets were doing this last year with Brook Lopez and before DLo was on the team. We thought/hoped Kenny was doing this only because of Brook's lateral footspeed. But we realized that wasn't Brook when Kenny had Acy, Allen, and others defending PnPs same way this year.

They'll get more athletic players that can defend. They need to build the team around defensive players if they want a better defense. At least Brook blocked shots and was somewhat of a deterrent at 7 feet.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#20 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:42 pm

kamaze wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
kamaze wrote:

I'm asking for the guy to become a better defender you say it's ok to be a subpar defender what matters is what the coach and front office think.

kamaze wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

I never said that it's okay to be a sub par defender, I am refuting the falsehood that you keep spreading on here that a bad defender at PG makes an entire team's defense bad.

Rely on facts and statistics, not conjecture and false claims.

Return to Brooklyn Nets