ImageImageImageImageImage

Woj: Dwight is (finally) a Brooklyn Net; [[Update]] D12 Bought Out

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

steady
Veteran
And1: 1,351

Re: Woj: Dwight is (finally) a Brooklyn Net; [[Update]] D12 Bought Out 

Post#521 » by steady » Fri Jul 6, 2018 6:42 pm

Yes, the chances of Nets playing a Russell/Crabbe/DMC/RHJ/Allen starting line up this year seem pretty low. Is that what you would want to see .. when we have Dinwiddie and LeVert.. and Russell plays better as SG?
3pt_chucker
Head Coach
And1: 2,002

Post#522 » by 3pt_chucker » Fri Jul 6, 2018 6:58 pm

steady wrote:Curious what Marks is able to get from Dwight in buyout.

Nets do not NEED buyout for purposes of (a) avoiding luxury tax like OKC, or (b) tanking, or any other reason. On the other hand. Dwight needs buyout to get a chance to start for a playoff caliber team to show what he can do in his contract year.

Its a preference for the Nets not a need, which should give them some leverage in negotiations.

I saw that they approached him first though, so they might be pretty generous on the number. I have a feeling Howard would've been fine playing/starting the season in NYC.

Pretty sure the buyout number will be about the amount he signed for at Washington.
steady
Veteran
And1: 1,351

Post#523 » by steady » Fri Jul 6, 2018 7:55 pm

3pt_chucker wrote:

Nets do not NEED buyout for purposes of (a) avoiding luxury tax like OKC, or (b) tanking, or any other reason. On the other hand. Dwight needs buyout to get a chance to start for a playoff caliber team to show what he can do in his contract year.

Its a preference for the Nets not a need, which should give them some leverage in negotiations.

I saw that they approached him first though, so they might be pretty generous on the number. I have a feeling Howard would've been fine playing/starting the season in NYC.

Pretty sure the buyout number will be about the amount he signed for at Washington.

Have we ever seen Sean Marks be generous in negotiations? - although it is somewhat different negotiating against a player versus a FO, he may want to play it more easy

Howard would not have been fine coming off the bench.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#524 » by Paradise » Fri Jul 6, 2018 8:25 pm

3pt_chucker wrote:

Its confirmed he had an initial issue with the role we wanted him to have here which is why Rondae took a jab at him on twitter.
jtsmith
Junior
And1: 87

Post#525 » by jtsmith » Fri Jul 6, 2018 9:24 pm

Read on Twitter
Paradise

Post#526 » by Paradise » Fri Jul 6, 2018 9:59 pm

jtsmith wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Shark
Lead Assistant
And1: 980

Post#527 » by Shark » Fri Jul 6, 2018 10:37 pm

I shed a single tear. One more than the number of games Dwight played for the Nets.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,437

Post#528 » by vincecarter4pres » Fri Jul 6, 2018 11:29 pm

Worldwide Wob posted an epic montage lol.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
TinmanZBoy
Head Coach
And1: 4,790

Post#529 » by TinmanZBoy » Fri Jul 6, 2018 11:37 pm

Paradise wrote:
jtsmith wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

:lol: :lol: :lol:

nice toughing video...I almost cried...
Hi Clutchie, I love you... :kiss
chabber
Veteran
And1: 826

Post#530 » by chabber » Sat Jul 7, 2018 12:59 pm

Question for you guys? I know we traded Dwight to just get him off the team and I’ve viewed Mosgov as a contract only so far.
How playable is Mozgov as a stop gap against bigger Centers like Embiid? Really just as a situational player for a few minutes when needed and then get DNP-CD most of the time. I do not know how far he’s fallen off in 3-4 years since l last watched him play. Reason being our back up Centers consist of Kaminsky and Hernangomez who aren’t known for their defense.
brook
Senior
And1: 115

Post#531 » by brook » Sat Jul 7, 2018 1:46 pm

Totally useless. He's a former player.

Inviato dal mio ALE-L21 utilizzando Tapatalk
Paradise

Woj: Dwight is (finally) a Brooklyn Net; [[Update]] D12 Bought Out 

Post#532 » by Paradise » Sat Jul 7, 2018 4:51 pm

chabber wrote:Question for you guys? I know we traded Dwight to just get him off the team and I’ve viewed Mosgov as a contract only so far.
How playable is Mozgov as a stop gap against bigger Centers like Embiid? Really just as a situational player for a few minutes when needed and then get DNP-CD most of the time. I do not know how far he’s fallen off in 3-4 years since l last watched him play. Reason being our back up Centers consist of Kaminsky and Hernangomez who aren’t known for their defense.

He's pretty useless outside of maybe 5 minutes per game. We tried to get him to expand his range but it didn't work. He can give spot minutes in certain games due to size but he's virtually unplayable after awhile (10 minutes?)

He fell out of the rotation after Tyler Zeller outplayed him and we started seeing how good Jarrett Allen is. He briefly returned back to the rotation after the Zeller trade and due to how out of shape Okafor was but he immediately ended up back on the bench when Jahlil started getting minutes.

He was a professional about it throughout the season until he started complaining about not understanding why Kenny didn't use him a few months ago. He still thinks he's good lol. His PnR D is bad, his hands are bad, he doesn't finish at the rim unless it's a wide open dunk, no consistent rebounding ability and racks up fouls like the stock exchange.
chabber
Veteran

Post#533 » by chabber » Sat Jul 7, 2018 5:05 pm

Paradise wrote:
chabber wrote:Question for you guys? I know we traded Dwight to just get him off the team and I’ve viewed Mosgov as a contract only so far.

He's pretty useless outside of maybe 5 minutes per game. We tried to get him to expand his range but it didn't work. He can give spot minutes in certain games due to size but he's virtually unplayable after awhile (10 minutes?)

He fell out of the rotation after Tyler Zeller outplayed him and we started seeing how good Jarrett Allen is. He briefly returned back to the rotation after the Zeller trade and due to how out of shape Okafor was but he immediately ended up back on the bench when Jahlil started getting minutes.

He was a professional about it throughout the season until he started complaining about not understanding why Kenny didn't use him a few months ago. He still thinks he's good lol. His PnR D is bad, his hands are bad, he doesn't finish at the rim unless it's a wide open dunk, no consistent rebounding ability and racks up fouls like the stock exchange.

Damn I was OK with everything you said till you got to not finishing and rebounding. I expected all of the other things. I know our other guys will out play him, but sometimes you just need that different look to body some of the bigs. We don’t really have that atm. Cody is pretty good at it and irritates guys like Whiteside etc.. with scrappyness, but if he gets caught too low in the post it’s an easy score. Hopefully he won’t bitch too much for not playing, then again it’s better than what Dwight would have done.

Thanks for the info. I’m rooting for Lin to get healthy for you guys! Also glad you didn’t end up with Dwight taking time from Allen.
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,573

Post#534 » by DarkXaero » Sat Jul 7, 2018 6:36 pm

He's pretty terrible, even for backup center standards. Maybe he can give 10 minutes per game off the bench, some pick & rolls, and short midrange jumpers. Aside from that, don't expect him to do anything in low post or on the defensive end. He's a terrible contract all things considered, and I have no idea how he got that contract. It's one thing for a player to be very overpaid but still be productive on the floor. I'm not even sure if you can give Mozgov minutes. I know that he certainly wasn't good enough to get minutes for a lotto team (Nets) last season.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 37,597

Post#535 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Jul 7, 2018 8:01 pm

MGrand15 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:Makes no sense at all. breaking things down:

Primary ball handlers: Russell, Dinwiddie, LeVert

Wings: Crabbe, Carroll, Harris

Frontcourt: Allen, RHJ, Davis

that's already a 9 man rotation and realistically whoever gets signed as back up PF will be added to the above mix.

I really don't see where Lin gets a ton of time on this team unless someone goes out with injury.

I expect the nonsense from Prok but not you.

The whole point is that Carroll should be our smallball 4.

Doesn't matter if Lin plays a second or not. Crabbe should be at the 3. Carroll should be at the 4. Makes our team way more dynamic.

I'm not benching RHJ for DMC.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Paradise

Post#536 » by Paradise » Sat Jul 7, 2018 10:32 pm

chabber wrote:
Paradise wrote:

Damn I was OK with everything you said till you got to not finishing and rebounding. I expected all of the other things. I know our other guys will out play him, but sometimes you just need that different look to body some of the bigs. We don’t really have that atm. Cody is pretty good at it and irritates guys like Whiteside etc.. with scrappyness, but if he gets caught too low in the post it’s an easy score. Hopefully he won’t bitch too much for not playing, then again it’s better than what Dwight would have done.

Thanks for the info. I’m rooting for Lin to get healthy for you guys! Also glad you didn’t end up with Dwight taking time from Allen.

I'd be concerned about that more than anything. I'm sure desire to want to be in a Russian market helped ease his displeasure with minutes.

Kenny was his first coach when he signed on with the Knicks during the D'antoni era. He threw him under the bus fairly quickly a week before the draft and we were all anticipating a buyout agreement prior to the Dwight deal.

Good luck as well, I'm excited to what Monk can do with you guys under a different coach.
moonpie
General Manager
And1: 2,684

Post#537 » by moonpie » Sat Jul 7, 2018 10:55 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Roy Tarpley
Veteran
And1: 987

Post#538 » by Roy Tarpley » Sat Jul 7, 2018 11:09 pm

moonpie wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Wait, if the buyout is for $5m, and Dwight's contract with the Wiz is for $5.5m per, did Dwight actually make money off the whole deal?
bud29
Junior
And1: 139

Post#539 » by bud29 » Sat Jul 7, 2018 11:23 pm

Roy Tarpley wrote:
moonpie wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Wait, if the buyout is for $5m, and Dwight's contract with the Wiz is for $5.5m per, did Dwight actually make money off the whole deal?

Signed for the taxpayer MLE of 5.3MM/yr, so if the 5MM figure is exact, he made about $300k.
chabber
Veteran

Post#540 » by chabber » Sun Jul 8, 2018 12:10 am

Paradise wrote:
chabber wrote:
Paradise wrote:He's pretty useless outside of maybe 5 minutes per game. We tried to get him to expand his range but it didn't work. He can give spot minutes in certain games due to size but he's virtually unplayable after awhile (10 minutes?)

I'd be concerned about that more than anything. I'm sure desire to want to be in a Russian market helped ease his displeasure with minutes.

Kenny was his first coach when he signed on with the Knicks during the D'antoni era. He threw him under the bus fairly quickly a week before the draft and we were all anticipating a buyout agreement prior to the Dwight deal.

Good luck as well, I'm excited to what Monk can do with you guys under a different coach.

Thanks! Monk looked great yesterday and coach said he’s going to be featured this year. Unfortunately he just found out he broke his thumb... he’s been working out the last two months in Charlotte. Hopefully he won’t fall too far behind.

Return to Brooklyn Nets