SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Roy Tarpley
Veteran
And1: 987

Re: Woj: Dwight is (finally) a Brooklyn Net; [[Update]] D12 Bought Out 

Post#542 » by Roy Tarpley » Sun Jul 8, 2018 12:30 am

Hornets fans realizing that they took on an extra year of Mozgov for no reason. :o :lol:
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,897

Post#543 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Jul 8, 2018 12:42 am

Roy Tarpley wrote:Hornets fans realizing that they took on an extra year of Mozgov for no reason. :o :lol:

The Marksman never misses.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#544 » by Paradise » Sun Jul 8, 2018 1:02 am

chabber wrote:
Paradise wrote:
chabber wrote:Question for you guys? I know we traded Dwight to just get him off the team and I’ve viewed Mosgov as a contract only so far.
How playable is Mozgov as a stop gap against bigger Centers like Embiid? Really just as a situational player for a few minutes when needed and then get DNP-CD most of the time. I do not know how far he’s fallen off in 3-4 years since l last watched him play. Reason being our back up Centers consist of Kaminsky and Hernangomez who aren’t known for their defense.

He's pretty useless outside of maybe 5 minutes per game. We tried to get him to expand his range but it didn't work. He can give spot minutes in certain games due to size but he's virtually unplayable after awhile (10 minutes?)

He fell out of the rotation after Tyler Zeller outplayed him and we started seeing how good Jarrett Allen is. He briefly returned back to the rotation after the Zeller trade and due to how out of shape Okafor was but he immediately ended up back on the bench when Jahlil started getting minutes.

He was a professional about it throughout the season until he started complaining about not understanding why Kenny didn't use him a few months ago. He still thinks he's good lol. His PnR D is bad, his hands are bad, he doesn't finish at the rim unless it's a wide open dunk, no consistent rebounding ability and racks up fouls like the stock exchange.

Damn I was OK with everything you said till you got to not finishing and rebounding. I expected all of the other things. I know our other guys will out play him, but sometimes you just need that different look to body some of the bigs. We don’t really have that atm. Cody is pretty good at it and irritates guys like Whiteside etc.. with scrappyness, but if he gets caught too low in the post it’s an easy score. Hopefully he won’t bitch too much for not playing, then again it’s better than what Dwight would have done.

Thanks for the info. I’m rooting for Lin to get healthy for you guys! Also glad you didn’t end up with Dwight taking time from Allen.

Annnnnd he's gone. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Read on Twitter
chabber
Veteran
And1: 826

Post#545 » by chabber » Sun Jul 8, 2018 1:41 am

Paradise wrote:
chabber wrote:
Paradise wrote:He's pretty useless outside of maybe 5 minutes per game. We tried to get him to expand his range but it didn't work. He can give spot minutes in certain games due to size but he's virtually unplayable after awhile (10 minutes?)

He fell out of the rotation after Tyler Zeller outplayed him and we started seeing how good Jarrett Allen is. He briefly returned back to the rotation after the Zeller trade and due to how out of shape Okafor was but he immediately ended up back on the bench when Jahlil started getting minutes.

He was a professional about it throughout the season until he started complaining about not understanding why Kenny didn't use him a few months ago. He still thinks he's good lol. His PnR D is bad, his hands are bad, he doesn't finish at the rim unless it's a wide open dunk, no consistent rebounding ability and racks up fouls like the stock exchange.

Damn I was OK with everything you said till you got to not finishing and rebounding. I expected all of the other things. I know our other guys will out play him, but sometimes you just need that different look to body some of the bigs. We don’t really have that atm. Cody is pretty good at it and irritates guys like Whiteside etc.. with scrappyness, but if he gets caught too low in the post it’s an easy score. Hopefully he won’t bitch too much for not playing, then again it’s better than what Dwight would have done.

Thanks for the info. I’m rooting for Lin to get healthy for you guys! Also glad you didn’t end up with Dwight taking time from Allen.

Read on Twitter

OMG. I have no idea what Biz contract looks like now, but I love him! So glad to have him back! He can’t score but he’ll do what we need him too. Woohoo!
bud29
Junior
And1: 139

Post#546 » by bud29 » Sun Jul 8, 2018 1:46 am

chabber wrote:
Paradise wrote:
chabber wrote:

Read on Twitter

OMG. I have no idea what Biz contract looks like now, but I love him! So glad to have him back! He can’t score but he’ll do what we need him too. Woohoo!

Slightly more expensive than Mozgov - 2/34 remaining as opposed to 2/32.5.
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#547 » by ecuhus1981 » Sun Jul 8, 2018 5:27 am

bud29 wrote:Wait, if the buyout is for $5m, and Dwight's contract with the Wiz is for $5.5m per, did Dwight actually make money off the whole deal?

Signed for the taxpayer MLE of 5.3MM/yr, so if the 5MM figure is exact, he made about $300k.[/quote]
Yup, it's good to be Dwight right about now.

We had every bit of leverage in negotiations, except time. It seems like the only reason we gave Howard a favorable buyout amount is because we want to do something IMMEDIATELY with whatever capspace the buyout gives us. I would bet we offload Crabbe for a large amount of expiring contract, and open up EVEN MOAR '19 capspace. As I have discussed in other threads, this buyout gives us enough to execute Crabbe/Anthony, and OKC would save while returning a needed asset (shooter) in return. We probably end up buying out Melo also, and come away with about $8mil in capspace remaining after THAT process.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#548 » by ChokeFasncists » Sun Jul 8, 2018 7:43 am

ecuhus1981 wrote:
bud29 wrote:Wait, if the buyout is for $5m, and Dwight's contract with the Wiz is for $5.5m per, did Dwight actually make money off the whole deal?

Signed for the taxpayer MLE of 5.3MM/yr, so if the 5MM figure is exact, he made about $300k.

Yup, it's good to be Dwight right about now.

We had every bit of leverage in negotiations, except time. It seems like the only reason we gave Howard a favorable buyout amount is because we want to do something IMMEDIATELY with whatever capspace the buyout gives us. I would bet we offload Crabbe for a large amount of expiring contract, and open up EVEN MOAR '19 capspace. As I have discussed in other threads, this buyout gives us enough to execute Crabbe/Anthony, and OKC would save while returning a needed asset (shooter) in return. We probably end up buying out Melo also, and come away with about $8mil in capspace remaining after THAT process.[/quote]
Even tho I like Crab, this should be done, OKC needs to throw in something nontrivial cuz they're paying 300mil and getting a good player. This would ease the glut at G, let DRuss play his natural position.
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,897

Post#549 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Jul 8, 2018 11:48 am

if we traded Crabbe for Carmelo's expiring deal and we buy him out I'd crap myself. Marks is good but if that is what he is angling for oh my god how much space would we have this summer from a deal like that?

I'd do it. I like Crabbe but the idea of having cap space nearing 50 to 60 mil armed with a 2019 lottery pick is a lot better.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
bud29
Junior

Post#550 » by bud29 » Sun Jul 8, 2018 1:10 pm

Guessing we won’t see the numbers until Friday when it becomes official.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
bud29
Junior

Post#551 » by bud29 » Sun Jul 8, 2018 1:12 pm

bud29 wrote:Guessing we won’t see the numbers until Friday when it becomes official.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

This was a draft from several days ago. Neat phone.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
bud29
Junior

Post#552 » by bud29 » Sun Jul 8, 2018 1:24 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:if we traded Crabbe for Carmelo's expiring deal and we buy him out I'd crap myself. Marks is good but if that is what he is angling for oh my god how much space would we have this summer from a deal like that?

I'd do it. I like Crabbe but the idea of having cap space nearing 50 to 60 mil armed with a 2019 lottery pick is a lot better.

Excluding the cap holds of DLo and RHJ, we’d have around 80 million in space next year without Crabbe. Would be a fantastic deal for OKC from a basketball perspective since Crabbe is way better than 2018 Melo. Financially, though, their ownership is probably looking to trim that enormous tax bill and they’d be taking on more total salary (assuming Crabbe opts in next year, and he would be a fool not to).
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#553 » by Prokorov » Mon Jul 9, 2018 3:38 pm

Hold on... our buyout of howard was only 5 million? that cant be right. if so he leaves 16 million on the table?
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#554 » by MGrand15 » Mon Jul 9, 2018 3:57 pm

Prokorov wrote:Hold on... our buyout of howard was only 5 million? that cant be right. if so he leaves 16 million on the table?

Nah he left 5 million on the table
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#555 » by NyCeEvO » Mon Jul 9, 2018 7:15 pm

ecuhus1981 wrote:Yup, it's good to be Dwight right about now.

We had every bit of leverage in negotiations, except time. It seems like the only reason we gave Howard a favorable buyout amount is because we want to do something IMMEDIATELY with whatever capspace the buyout gives us. I would bet we offload Crabbe for a large amount of expiring contract, and open up EVEN MOAR '19 capspace. As I have discussed in other threads, this buyout gives us enough to execute Crabbe/Anthony, and OKC would save while returning a needed asset (shooter) in return. We probably end up buying out Melo also, and come away with about $8mil in capspace remaining after THAT process.

MrDollarBills wrote:if we traded Crabbe for Carmelo's expiring deal and we buy him out I'd crap myself. Marks is good but if that is what he is angling for oh my god how much space would we have this summer from a deal like that?

I hope we get a good lotto pick this year too, but I don't think we should do any and everything to obtain the most cap space. We already have a good amount but along with cap space, we need good assets that can be used in a trade for a star.

Anthony Davis will almost certainly become a free agent in 2020. We all should be looking at how can we get Anthony Davis and resist blowing our cap space on a non-superstar like Jimmy Butler. We either need to have the best trade package for NOP or have the best team (with max cap space) that Davis would want to join.

From now on every signing we make should be a potential asset and every trade should net us a pick that can be used in a future deal. We need to keep collecting more assets. Trading Crabbe for Melo is only good in my eyes if a 2020 or 2021 1st rd pick is attached, so it can be used in a later trade.

Return to Brooklyn Nets