Re: ***The Official Musa Thread*** 

Post#262 » by Papi_swav » Tue Feb 5, 2019 6:19 am

Might as well give this guy some minutes. Napier will chuck us out of games
Joel Embust
Head Coach
And1: 3,055

Post#263 » by Joel Embust » Wed Feb 6, 2019 6:05 pm

Musa and Trent Jr. are two of the youngest players in the G-league and they're tearing it up.
Claud
Sixth Man
And1: 872

Post#264 » by Claud » Wed Feb 6, 2019 6:11 pm

I would much rather have Musa handling the rock over Napier.

Considering Dinwiddie will be out for another month or so... Unleash Musa!
SpeedyG
RealGM
And1: 1,310

Post#265 » by SpeedyG » Wed Feb 6, 2019 6:47 pm

yeah watching him in garbage time, he looks much bigger than early in the season. One injury free off season and he could be a legit secret weapon for us

Sent from my SM-G925T using RealGM mobile app
Bless the man if his heart and his land are one ~ FrancisM, R.I.P. 3/6/09
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#266 » by Paradise » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:37 pm

30 Pts, 11 Rebounds, 6 Assists, 6-12 3PT vs Knicks.

Aussienet3
Junior
And1: 90

Post#267 » by Aussienet3 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:41 am

Any chance we can bring him out west for this road trip? He has been playing some good ball. He could bring some fresh energy. Whilst giving some others a much needed rest.
Just a thought
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#268 » by Prokorov » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:05 pm

Aussienet3 wrote:Any chance we can bring him out west for this road trip? He has been playing some good ball. He could bring some fresh energy. Whilst giving some others a much needed rest.
Just a thought

i think they would rather give minutes to RHJ, Graham, Naper, Dudley but i think its possible
SpeedyG
RealGM

Post#269 » by SpeedyG » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:57 pm

Honestly, they should but they won't. He's inexperienced and likely prone to mistakes. Every time there's been injuries and we needed a call up it's been Pinson, not Musa.

But if our slide continues? I hope they give him a shot. We are badly needing another playmaker right now.

Dzon Dilindzer
Veteran
And1: 4,158

Post#270 » by Dzon Dilindzer » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:08 pm

i think two most important segments of his game are ability to create his own shot and create plays for others

those things are important, but his confidence, fearlessness and competitivnes are the things that will make him succeed in the nba... hes shooting 35.3% from three point line on 6.5 attempts per game... he was never known for his shot, but i think his shot started to improve while he was still in europe and now hes working on his shot with pablo prigioni

hes natural scorer, so the only thing he needs is to bulk up... be patient brooklyn fans, be patient!
Dzon Dilindzer
Veteran

Post#271 » by Dzon Dilindzer » Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:34 pm

Read on Twitter
Sleepyazn
Sophomore
And1: 55

Post#272 » by Sleepyazn » Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:38 pm

I'm sad he won't be able to contend for ROY next season since he played 8 garbage time games this year
SpeedyG
RealGM

Post#273 » by SpeedyG » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:14 am

Dzon Dilindzer wrote:
Read on Twitter
It's unfortunate that he got hurt just as our backcourt got depleted after Spencer's injury. That would have been his chance to show he belongs.

At least LI is giving him a bit of a playoff taste

CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#274 » by CalamityX12 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:37 am

Musa is playing and that's great... a big plus in this G League era of the NBA. Hopefully Musa continues to progress and grow into next season.
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
Claud
Sixth Man
And1: 872

Post#275 » by Claud » Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:29 am

Yeah it's a shame Musa was not integrated into this group since I think he is good enough to be part of the rotation, specially when guys were out injured throughout the season. Still, spending time in the G-League will help him grow as a player/person and should be even better next season. We don't need Napier.
Dzon Dilindzer
Veteran

Post#276 » by Dzon Dilindzer » Tue Apr 9, 2019 11:24 am

dloading is impressed

Dzon Dilindzer
Veteran

Post#277 » by Dzon Dilindzer » Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:31 pm

hi guys, im waiting for upcoming free agency as much as any brooklyn nets fan, cause it could determine future of dzanan musa on this team... if brooklyn brings in a small forward, lets say either kevin durant, tobias harris or jimmy butler, what would the rotation be on shooting guard and small forward positions

obviously, caris levert and one of these free agents would start at those positions, so which players would be backups... will joe harris backup levert or someone at small forward... if he backups levert, then i dont see minutes for musa, but if he backups someone at small forward, then musa should be backup for levert i would assume

of course, that brings another questions, what about taurean price and rodions kurucs who are both small forwards, would they play at power forward

after all, youre the fans of this team, so you know better than i do and i would appreciate some info
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,507

Post#278 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:47 pm

Dzon Dilindzer wrote:hi guys, im waiting for upcoming free agency as much as any brooklyn nets fan, cause it could determine future of dzanan musa on this team... if brooklyn brings in a small forward, lets say either kevin durant, tobias harris or jimmy butler, what would the rotation be on shooting guard and small forward positions

obviously, caris levert and one of these free agents would start at those positions, so which players would be backups... will joe harris backup levert or someone at small forward... if he backups levert, then i dont see minutes for musa, but if he backups someone at small forward, then musa should be backup for levert i would assume

of course, that brings another questions, what about taurean price and rodions kurucs who are both small forwards, would they play at power forward

after all, youre the fans of this team, so you know better than i do and i would appreciate some info

Musa will most likely back up LeVert at SG this season.

Most likely, the Nets will use Prince and Kurucs at PF.

Don't fret my dude, Musa will get his shot. Believe me, we're waiting for his turn because the guy can ball.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Dzon Dilindzer
Veteran

Post#279 » by Dzon Dilindzer » Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:17 pm

before the draft, i was hoping nets or hawks will land musa cause they were rebuilding teams and i believed he would get chance there, which cannot be said for some playoff teams that could have drafted him like spurs, blazers, utah jazz, pacers...

but in just one season, a lot of good things happened to the nets, they became playoff team, dangelo, dinwiddie and levert improved a lot, and some other players of course, like allen, harris, kurucs showed he has potential

so if musa was on this years draft, im not sure i wouldve wanted him on this team, cause theyre good and they have two max slots... of course, i appreciate the nets culture, coaching staff, front office, just a great place for young players

i know what happened to the nets in the past and i know this front office is much, much better and they will give a shot to any player if he has some potential... they did that with dinwiddie, dangelo, harris, levert, kurucs, so its only logical they do the same with musa... i think thats thankfully to what billy king did (at least something good came for that guy - learn on your own mistakes)

cant wait to see dzanan in summer league, heres hope he has a good one!
Dzon Dilindzer
Veteran

Post#280 » by Dzon Dilindzer » Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:26 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:Musa will most likely back up LeVert at SG this season.

Most likely, the Nets will use Prince and Kurucs at PF.

Don't fret my dude, Musa will get his shot. Believe me, we're waiting for his turn because the guy can ball.

ill admit i didnt watched nets regularly, but i watched some games

if im not mistaken, nets used some small forwards at power forward position this past season... demare carroll i think, maybe kurucs too... now dudley is gone, so is carroll, so its only logical some small forwars will have to do it again and you said it will be kurucs and prince... i guess nets play more of a position-less basketball

man i hope dzanan backs up levert, that would be great opportunity for him... he can play, no doubt, potential is there, mentality is there, i just hope he gets stronger and bigger... just live in the gym until off-season begins and then some

Return to Brooklyn Nets