ImageImageImageImageImage

The Rowdy Rodi Kurucs Thread

Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Re: The Rowdy Rodi Kurucs Thread 

Post#181 » by Prokorov » Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:20 pm

Kid has been unreal. still waiting for him to hit a spell of rookie mistakes and it just doesnt happen. his knack for sneaky cuts is something you cant teach. He is up to 33% from three, which was one of the few question marks...

this thing where he now gaurds 1 through 5 effectively is all kinds of awesome.

im officially on the Rodi hype train
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,597

Post#182 » by TheNetsFan » Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:31 pm

Prokorov wrote:Kid has been unreal. still waiting for him to hit a spell of rookie mistakes and it just doesnt happen. his knack for sneaky cuts is something you cant teach. He is up to 33% from three, which was one of the few question marks...

Rodi's emergence has provided us with a lot of leverage over RHJ in FA. Assuming we find a way to upgrade one of the F positions (Kawhi, Tobias, Middleton, etc.), I just don't see us opening up the wallet much for RHJ. We'll keep him for under $5mil, but I don't see us willing to do MLE+ money.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 35,865

Post#183 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:54 pm

Prokorov wrote:Kid has been unreal. still waiting for him to hit a spell of rookie mistakes and it just doesnt happen. his knack for sneaky cuts is something you cant teach. He is up to 33% from three, which was one of the few question marks...

He tossed the ball out of bounds last night in overtime :lol:

You live with it though when you're getting production in nearly every category from him and versatile defense.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#184 » by MGrand15 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:16 pm

And he got T'd up like a boss yesterday.

He keeps showing these little flashes of star type potential. He had a mid-range pull up fadeaway that looked really advanced. He had 2 HUGE buckets in crunch time yesterday. He had an iso on Marvin Williams with 3 minutes left after Kemba hit those crazy 3s. He went by him and got a layup. That corner 3 to tie it up was big time.
SpeedyG
RealGM
And1: 1,310

Post#185 » by SpeedyG » Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:22 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:

He tossed the ball out of bounds last night in overtime

You live with it though when you're getting production in nearly every category from him and versatile defense.
He needs to get stronger (same with Musa). He loses the ball too easily when there's contact below. But if he gets a free lane, he's got such a quick long stride that he gets from point A to point B in a hurry.

Still has some awareness stuff he needs to pick up especially defensively but that comes with age and experience.

Can't remember him going left much either.

Sent from my SM-G925T using RealGM mobile app
Bless the man if his heart and his land are one ~ FrancisM, R.I.P. 3/6/09
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,559

Post#186 » by DarkXaero » Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:23 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:

He tossed the ball out of bounds last night in overtime :lol:

Yea he definitely makes rookie mistakes (there was also the the technical where he slammed the ball in frustration). But still, he's such an intriguing prospect, and the AK-47 comparison is becoming more and more apparent. His height & wingspan, combined with his motor and natural instincts is what brings up the AK47 comparison for me. Probably not as good of a passer or as a defender (ceiling wise) because AK47 was phenomenal as a defender and passer. But Kurucs looks to be the better shooter and slasher, and its something I didn't see coming.

When I watched draft workout videos of Kurucs, I didn't think he'd be quick/athletic enough to play anything other than PF in the NBA. So it has been a really pleasant surprise to see him switch on to and defend elite, athletic guards like Kemba & Oladipo. It's early days but if Kurucs development continues like this, we essentially have a lotto prospect in our hands with a 2nd round pick.

Also on a side note, Kurucs is featured on the home page of NBA.com today and on the Weekly Rookie ladder at #5.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 35,865

Post#187 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:14 pm

MGrand15 wrote:And he got T'd up like a boss yesterday.

He keeps showing these little flashes of star type potential. He had a mid-range pull up fadeaway that looked really advanced. He had 2 HUGE buckets in crunch time yesterday. He had an iso on Marvin Williams with 3 minutes left after Kemba hit those crazy 3s. He went by him and got a layup. That corner 3 to tie it up was big time.

That T was complete bull ****, he bounced the ball out of frustration with himself not at the refs.

I definitely think he's got star potential. 20 years old, very mature on the court, not afraid to make big plays with the ball in his hands at high intensity moments. If he can raise that 3PT% into the 37-40% range watch out.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#188 » by Paradise » Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:16 pm

The rise of Rodi for ROY.

Read on Twitter
-soul fist-
Junior
And1: 96

Post#189 » by -soul fist- » Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:37 pm

I think he'll end up with 1st team rookie honors by the end of the season if his playing time remains constant.
MrOrange
Senior
And1: 417

Post#190 » by MrOrange » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:05 pm

SpeedyG wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

He tossed the ball out of bounds last night in overtime

He needs to get stronger (same with Musa). He loses the ball too easily when there's contact below. But if he gets a free lane, he's got such a quick long stride that he gets from point A to point B in a hurry.

Still has some awareness stuff he needs to pick up especially defensively but that comes with age and experience.

Can't remember him going left much either.

Sent from my SM-G925T using RealGM mobile app

Left-hand dribble is the only real issue with him. I have seen him since he was 15 and it was always mentioned as something that should be resolved. I think it can be addressed by the Nets coaching staff in the offseason. Nothing terminal. Decision making and stuff like that will come from experience.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#191 » by Prokorov » Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:15 am

MrDollarBills wrote:

That T was complete bull ****, he bounced the ball out of frustration with himself not at the refs.

I definitely think he's got star potential. 20 years old, very mature on the court, not afraid to make big plays with the ball in his hands at high intensity moments. If he can raise that 3PT% into the 37-40% range watch out.

if you bounce it and it goes over your head thats an automatic T at every level. no big deal but thats a T every time
Paradise

Post#192 » by Paradise » Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:46 am

Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

if you bounce it and it goes over your head thats an automatic T at every level. no big deal but thats a T every time

I literally just saw Embiid do the same thing and it looked like he was about to toss the ball at Joe Ingles...no tech on Embiid.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#193 » by Prokorov » Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:32 pm

Paradise wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

I literally just saw Embiid do the same thing and it looked like he was about to toss the ball at Joe Ingles...no tech on Embiid.

its an automatic T... if it doesnt happen its an exception not the rule. every level thats a T
Paradise

Post#194 » by Paradise » Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:09 pm

I need Dick Vitale to say “ohh ohh it’s rodi the ridiculous baby, ohh yeah baby”

Once in my lifetime.

Read on Twitter
Paradise

Post#195 » by Paradise » Tue Jan 8, 2019 4:01 am

Rodi ties his career high.

Don7
Senior
And1: 820

Post#196 » by Don7 » Wed Jan 9, 2019 1:13 pm

http://www.euroleague.net/main/results/showgame?gamecode=75&seasoncode=JT14#!boxscore

4 years ago , head to head with Doncic.He looked impressive in the tournament.To bad he spend next three years in Barcelone(just a mess for 5 years already on every level).But then again if he didn't , he would probably be first rounder and out of your range.

http://www.euroleague.net/competition/players/showplayer?pcode=005713&seasoncode=JT14

After this U18 tournament he was picked by Barca.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#197 » by CalamityX12 » Wed Jan 9, 2019 4:38 pm

I luv this guy!!!
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
shakendfries
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,063

Post#198 » by shakendfries » Wed Jan 9, 2019 4:57 pm

Nets always find tough players from Europe

Rodi's future with the team looks bright
ImageImage

"Kevin Durant is not coming to the Nets. If I'm wrong, I will change my avatar to anything you request no matter how humiliating it is." - MrDollarBills, 10/22/18
Paradise

The Rowdy Rodi Kurucs Thread 

Post#199 » by Paradise » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:40 pm

3pt_chucker
Head Coach
And1: 2,001

Post#200 » by 3pt_chucker » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:00 pm

Rowdy Rodi gets an article in the Ringer. Hoping this is not a curse.

link

The Nets found an unlikely spark over the holiday season. Brooklyn was left for dead in early December, when it bottomed out at 8-18 and seemed headed for the Zion Williamson sweepstakes. But the team has gone 12-4 since moving rookie second-round pick Rodions Kurucs into the rotation, pushing itself to the no. 6 seed in the Eastern Conference. It’s not that Kurucs is carrying the team by himself, it’s what his presence on the floor allows his teammates to do. His two-way ability creates more balanced lineups that put everyone around him in a better position to succeed. The Nets have had to look far and wide for quality players over the past few seasons. Their latest find may finally allow them to turn the corner.

Return to Brooklyn Nets