Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Re: The Rodions Kurucs Thread 

Post#82 » by Prokorov » Tue Oct 9, 2018 12:18 pm

Paradise wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
:lol: hey Prok, do you still think everyone's reaction to Kurucs was kneejerking still?

And frankly, we need all the help that we can get so if he can crack the rotation, great. It's still early though.

yes. id be surpised if he makes any impact before 2020.
Chris mccullough had some preseason flashes too... fans were on his nuts. he just got cut from like his 3rd or 4th team.

I’d take the opinion of someone who’s seen him since the draft and day in, day out. All indications are he’s looked good enough to get minutes. Why are you doubting a rookie on the team?

Read on Twitter

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

Who is doubting him? second round picks rarely make an impact and if they dont thats not doubting them. I think at some point he may be able to find a role on the NBA team. for now, i doubt he sees much/any action.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#83 » by Prokorov » Tue Oct 9, 2018 12:21 pm

Paradise wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
:lol: hey Prok, do you still think everyone's reaction to Kurucs was kneejerking still?

And frankly, we need all the help that we can get so if he can crack the rotation, great. It's still early though.

yes. id be surpised if he makes any impact before 2020.
Chris mccullough had some preseason flashes too... fans were on his nuts. he just got cut from like his 3rd or 4th team.

I’d take the opinion of someone who’s seen him since the draft and day in, day out. All indications are he’s looked good enough to get minutes. Why are you doubting a rookie on the team?

Read on Twitter

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

What do you expect the coaches/GMs to say "yeah the guy is a second rounder with maybe late first round talent we dont expect much so dont get excied he may not see the court for a few years or ever"

I can pull training camp/preseason quotes on: McCullough, Cory Jefferson, Isiaah Whitehead, Douglass-Roberts, etc...
LKIRNets
Starter
And1: 598

Post#84 » by LKIRNets » Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:42 am

This kid looks 5 tool

speed + range + defense + rebound + motor
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#85 » by Paradise » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:32 am

steady
Veteran
And1: 1,351

Post#86 » by steady » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:21 am

KA does not seem like he is just trying to encourage the kid; he sounds genuinely excited, talking about his unexpected Athleticisn ; his fearlessness, his speed and skills.

Nice to see afte how humble and happy to be in BKN the kid has been
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#87 » by NyCeEvO » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:06 pm

steady wrote:KA does not seem like he is just trying to encourage the kid; he sounds genuinely excited, talking about his unexpected Athleticisn ; his fearlessness, his speed and skills.

I find this to be a bit funny considering how Musa was the one who came in with greater fanfare and hype. I like what I've seen from Kurucs although I haven't had the opportunity to catch full games yet.
JohnWillow
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,699

Post#88 » by JohnWillow » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:34 pm

I remember while watching back in 2016 Euroleague youth tournament, Kurucs had a pretty big dunk there, and in the front row there was now a Brooklyn Nets player Kenneth Faried, and I could see he was hyped up after that dunk.

Just funny now that they are teammates now haha

Dunk is at the 1:45:55 (and yall can see Faried in the bottom right corner in the video in the black hoodie). :lol:

Celtics fan. :crazy:
We also face the Kings twice in the near future. I think it's time Yabu pays back some of that free money he's been given his entire career and bounces Fox for a nice 2 week ankle sprain.
kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Post#89 » by kamaze » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:25 pm

NyCeEvO wrote:
steady wrote:KA does not seem like he is just trying to encourage the kid; he sounds genuinely excited, talking about his unexpected Athleticisn ; his fearlessness, his speed and skills.

I find this to be a bit funny considering how Musa was the one who came in with greater fanfare and hype. I like what I've seen from Kurucs although I haven't had the opportunity to catch full games yet.

W didn't see either in summer league all there was to go off of was their play and Kurucs team didn't play him out of spite knowing that he wanted to play in the NBA mow we see why. He's a gem.
I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton
kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Post#90 » by kamaze » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:11 am

NyCeEvO wrote:

I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

The Rowdy Rodi Kurucs Thread 

Post#91 » by Paradise » Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:41 am

Read on Twitter
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,559

Re: The Rowdy Rodi Kurucs Thread 

Post#92 » by DarkXaero » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:27 pm

Glad to hear its just a minor sprain, he's doing exceptionally well for a 2nd round pick rookie, his production has been immense. Obviously I don't expect him to keep it up, but I do expect him to reduce the turnovers eventually.
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#93 » by MGrand15 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:38 pm

Rodions looks very legit and he fills a need.

This guy is a very real athlete, really skilled, with a high motor. Obviously needs strength and experience but the potential is there.

A 6'10 guy grabbing a rebound a flying coast to coast for a layup or a dunk is pretty rare. He plays pretty wild and gets himself into trouble but gets out of it with his extra high skill level. Floaters, fadeaways, contested pullups. His 3pt shot looks very good. He's out there guarding PGs. Super impressive lateral footwork for a big.

Rodi is way ahead of schedule and has me really excited. Not saying he has star potential but he could be our PF of the future. Versatile skilled stretch 4 with size. That's exactly what we've been looking for.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 35,837

Post#94 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:15 am

Yeah I have to say so far Rodi has been a massive steal thus far. He's got tools that can't be taught.

He could become a perfect compliment to Jarrett Allen in the frontcourt.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#95 » by MGrand15 » Fri Nov 9, 2018 6:08 pm

Kinda lame that we went away from him in favor of playing Crabbe at the 4. With Carroll coming back, minutes at the 4 are gonna be even harder to come by. I'm sure he'll get his chance later in the year.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#96 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Nov 9, 2018 6:34 pm

MGrand15 wrote:Kinda lame that we went away from him in favor of playing Crabbe at the 4. With Carroll coming back, minutes at the 4 are gonna be even harder to come by. I'm sure he'll get his chance later in the year.

I don't know why he isn't in the rotation. He was hitting 36% from downtown before he got hurt

Claud
Sixth Man
And1: 872

Post#97 » by Claud » Fri Nov 9, 2018 8:36 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
MGrand15 wrote:Kinda lame that we went away from him in favor of playing Crabbe at the 4. With Carroll coming back, minutes at the 4 are gonna be even harder to come by. I'm sure he'll get his chance later in the year.

I don't know why he isn't in the rotation. He was hitting 36% from downtown before he got hurt

Dudley + Crabbe + now DMC being back means even less pt.. that injury probably cost him a spot in the rotation.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#98 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Nov 9, 2018 9:53 pm

I would have loved to see him and RHJ in at the same time. Both of them are disruptive and push the ball off of rebounds.

Claud
Sixth Man
And1: 872

Post#99 » by Claud » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:42 pm

Rodi looks like a perfect fit in Kenny's system as PF.

Fierce competitor, hits the boards hard, can handle the ball, shoots 3s, hustles, slashing ability, finishes in the paint, etc.

I understand he's very green but I'd much rather watch him grow on the court even if it means he makes mistakes than Dudley or even DMC if I am being completely honest.

I wish Kenny would have a long-term view approach in this situation.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#100 » by Prokorov » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:07 pm

Claud wrote:Rodi looks like a perfect fit in Kenny's system as PF.

Fierce competitor, hits the boards hard, can handle the ball, shoots 3s, hustles, slashing ability, finishes in the paint, etc.

I understand he's very green but I'd much rather watch him grow on the court even if it means he makes mistakes than Dudley or even DMC if I am being completely honest.

I wish Kenny would have a long-term view approach in this situation.

ive been really impressed. granted my expectations are not high for a second round pick but he seems to have that innate ability to just always be in the right place wehter its back door cuts or offensive rebounds or in the corners the ball find him in the right spots and he works hard... he also doesnt play scared which is big for a rookie.

id like to see him cut into carroll/RHJs minutes a bit

Return to Brooklyn Nets