ImageImageImageImageImage

Lumber Joe, Joey Moses, Beef Jerky Joe - The Official Joe Harris Thread

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

steady
Veteran
And1: 1,351

Re: Net Sign Joe Harris 

Post#101 » by steady » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:18 am

I take for granted that most rookies - unless they are the very exceptional case, like top lottery picks - are best served by having some time in D League to develop their skills in a more low key environment

I don't take it as any knock of them.
Ror1997
Analyst
And1: 911

Post#102 » by Ror1997 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:19 am

hood30 wrote:
Ror1997 wrote:
ChokeFasncists wrote:Yes, high BBIQ, he moves well without the ball and can pass pretty well.

Problem is on the other end of the floor, bigger problem is that we already have RHJ and Bogs at the same position. Maybe a trade makes sense.

Well they can all play both SG and SF so that makes it easier to give them all PT. When LeVert comes back, that's when I think the trade will come. LeVert will hopefully help fix the bench defense issues too.

Can we at least see how LeVert play first before anointing him as a starter and wanting to trde guys like Bogs who have shown to be decent NBA players...As for as I know, I don't even know whether LeVert can ball or how quickly can he adjust to the NBA physicality...He could look as bad as Whitehead in the next few years.

When he gets back from his injury, I would think they would take it very slow with him minutes..Under any circumstances should LeVert be starting games this year.....

Maybe if the season is well decided and you could let him start the final 10 games, but not when things matter, UNLESS he outperform the other guys in training, which is HIGHLY unlikely considering he hasn't had a preseason and the NBA is not NCAA basketball

When he gets back, he should come off the bench and probably play small minutes..take it slow.

I see too many people talk about this kid as if he's proven himself already..This is not Paul George coming back from foot injury..This is a college kid who will need to adjust his game and everything...He may take him time just like it'll take CMC time to adjust to NBA.

Literally all I said was that he could be one of the few wings off the bench who can play competent defense. Never said anything about starting him.
kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Post#103 » by kamaze » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:34 pm

hood30 wrote:
Ror1997 wrote:
ChokeFasncists wrote:Yes, high BBIQ, he moves well without the ball and can pass pretty well.

Problem is on the other end of the floor, bigger problem is that we already have RHJ and Bogs at the same position. Maybe a trade makes sense.

Well they can all play both SG and SF so that makes it easier to give them all PT. When LeVert comes back, that's when I think the trade will come. LeVert will hopefully help fix the bench defense issues too.

Can we at least see how LeVert play first before anointing him as a starter and wanting to trde guys like Bogs who have shown to be decent NBA players...As for as I know, I don't even know whether LeVert can ball or how quickly can he adjust to the NBA physicality...He could look as bad as Whitehead in the next few years.

When he gets back from his injury, I would think they would take it very slow with him minutes..Under any circumstances should LeVert be starting games this year.....

Maybe if the season is well decided and you could let him start the final 10 games, but not when things matter, UNLESS he outperform the other guys in training, which is HIGHLY unlikely considering he hasn't had a preseason and the NBA is not NCAA basketball

When he gets back, he should come off the bench and probably play small minutes..take it slow.

I see too many people talk about this kid as if he's proven himself already..This is not Paul George coming back from foot injury..This is a college kid who will need to adjust his game and everything...He may take him time just like it'll take CMC time to adjust to NBA.
I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,855

Post#104 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:09 pm

hood30 wrote:
Ror1997 wrote:

He was traded for a legitimate starting player in his prime, a starter that is going to be stellar for the Indiana Pacers this season.

Expectations are high. He has to hit the ground running or else that trade will have been a disaster.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#105 » by CalamityX12 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:13 pm

Expectations are high cuz of what MDB stated above IMO.

What did the trade really do for the organization? unfortunately that's dependent on what LeVert can do. But making such a move, then drafting someone, for whom all of the majority of NBA draft pundits didn't have in their first 25 picks or first rd projections along with the fact he had a leg injury or 2 to boot.... we fans are in right to know if it was worth it.
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
hood30
Rookie
And1: 229

Post#106 » by hood30 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:26 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
hood30 wrote:
Ror1997 wrote:

He was traded for a legitimate starting player in his prime, a starter that is going to be stellar for the Indiana Pacers this season.

Expectations are high. He has to hit the ground running or else that trade will have been a disaster.

Well, he's still young and I don't necessarily believe he needs to be a starter or play a large role on the team this year....The guy missed a lot of college game experience through multiple injuries to his foot and I strongly doubt he's going to come back and look even average in the NBA in his first year...There's going to be massive amount of adjustment for him to do..This is not College.

It's more likely he'll look just like McCollough who also didn't play a lot of college ball..

You see guys like Hezonja who was a lottery pick who are rotational players and still not starting..Stanley Johnson looking okay but nothing special yet, so I doubt LeVert will somehow look any better when he's coming from a far worse situation and hasn't played basketball for a while now...That is College basketball.
Ror1997
Analyst
And1: 911

Post#107 » by Ror1997 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:34 pm

hood30 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
hood30 wrote:

Well, he's still young and I don't necessarily believe he needs to be a starter or play a large role on the team this year....The guy missed a lot of college game experience through multiple injuries to his foot and I strongly doubt he's going to come back and look even average in the NBA in his first year...There's going to be massive amount of adjustment for him to do..This is not College.

It's more likely he'll look just like McCollough who also didn't play a lot of college ball..

You see guys like Hezonja who was a lottery pick who are rotational players and still not starting
..Stanley Johnson looking okay but nothing special yet, so I doubt LeVert will somehow look any better when he's coming from a far worse situation and hasn't played basketball for a while now...That is College basketball.

McCullough didn't play more than 15 games in college. Hezonja and Johnson were drafted when they were 20 and 19 years old respectively.

Caris LeVert is a 4 year player, who's 22 and played over 100 games in college.
kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Post#108 » by kamaze » Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:52 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:

He didn't fit the coach's style and we needed the cap space. Can you see him shooting threes? I can't. Brook is more of a perimeter shooter.

That cap space allowed Marks to build a team with Kenny Atkinson's vision in mind. If one or 2 free agents signed (wing players) LeVert would be an afterthought. Just goes to show you can't gamble that way.
No need to stress they can still absorb contracts and get draft picks.
I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#109 » by ChokeFasncists » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:01 am

Paradise wrote:Image

Some serious hops right there. Big plus.
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
jbeachboy
Assistant Coach
And1: 359

Post#110 » by jbeachboy » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:15 am

levert is like mcgrady jr.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#111 » by Paradise » Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:09 pm

Sweet J Joe.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#112 » by Prokorov » Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:54 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
hood30 wrote:
Ror1997 wrote:

lets not oversell thad. he is a borderline starter and 1 way role energy player who is somewhere between your 5th starter and first big off the bench for a playoff team. he isnt a difference maker. let not just put it all on levert either, that trade was mostly for cap space, not the pick. lets see how that money (Hamilton/Booker) do for us.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM

Post#113 » by ChokeFasncists » Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:41 pm

The Pacers would be better off getting a 3&D PF and have Thad come off the bench.

But it's good right now, lets beat them.

Harris might have been out of shape after the surgery and not playing for so long. He is looking lighter and quicker now. What a steal by Marks. He can most likely by our JJ Reddick (sorry even tho you might have bought a house in Brooklyn) or Korver.
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
jbeachboy
Assistant Coach

Post#114 » by jbeachboy » Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:42 pm

i hope joe harris works on his driving to the basket skills and inside game too.
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,948

Post#115 » by Trader_Joe » Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:20 pm

ChokeFasncists wrote:The Pacers would be better off getting a 3&D PF and have Thad come off the bench.

Harris might have been out of shape after the surgery and not playing for so long. He is looking lighter and quicker now. What a steal by Marks. He can most likely by our JJ Reddick (sorry even tho you might have bought a house in Brooklyn) or Korver.

I think he fits them very well.
Turner has 3 point range and PG, Ellis and Teague all are good at attacking the basket. He's gonna be a garbage man for them. Plus he would not fit well with Big Al off the bench.
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Re: RE: Re: Net Sign Joe Harris 

Post#116 » by NyCeEvO » Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:55 pm

Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
hood30 wrote:

lets not oversell thad. he is a borderline starter and 1 way role energy player who is somewhere between your 5th starter and first big off the bench for a playoff team. he isnt a difference maker. let not just put it all on levert either, that trade was mostly for cap space, not the pick. lets see how that money (Hamilton/Booker) do for us.

Additionally, no one should be expecting this kid to put up numbers immediately.

The Nets weren't simply looking to replace Thad's numbers with Levert's at a cheaper salary.

They used the cap space freed up by moving Thad to sign TJ and Crabbe to their offer sheets. And they also took a flyer on Levert because they believe that he can be really good over the long haul.

Sent from my SM-N900T using RealGM mobile app
ChokeFasncists
RealGM

Post#117 » by ChokeFasncists » Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:23 pm

Trader_Joe wrote:
ChokeFasncists wrote:The Pacers would be better off getting a 3&D PF and have Thad come off the bench.

I think he fits them very well.
Turner has 3 point range and PG, Ellis and Teague all are good at attacking the basket. He's gonna be a garbage man for them. Plus he would not fit well with Big Al off the bench.

Ya, having Big Al there is a problem. 3&D 4 would fit next to him even more. But it could still work?

I dunno, I just don't think having a garbage man on offense does that much for a starting lineup. Bigger problem is that their backcourt doesn't play very good D so it would be three subpar defenders in the starting lineup. It's gonna tire out PG quickly and get Turner into foul troubles.
Thanks for the honesty.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#118 » by Paradise » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:18 pm

Thanks, LeBron. Joe Harris doesn't end up traded and waived if he didn't return.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
jbeachboy
Assistant Coach

Post#119 » by jbeachboy » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:25 pm

cavs gave up on joe harris fast. im really liking joe harris ability. if joe can ever learn that driving and in between game, he will be some pickup.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#120 » by Prokorov » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:26 pm

Before last nites game Harris was shooting 24% from three.

after the game he is shooting 34% from three.

thats a good example of why should knee jerk so early in the season. these guys Are mostly role players and guys who have not seen big minutes in the past. its going to be inconsistent. bogs is the whipping boy now that whitehead/RHJ have looked good after struggling. it will take just 1-2 games from bogs before his numbers look good again.

Return to Brooklyn Nets