ImageImageImageImageImage

Lumber Joe, Joey Moses, Beef Jerky Joe - The Official Joe Harris Thread

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

jbeachboy
Assistant Coach
And1: 359

Re: Net Sign Joe Harris 

Post#61 » by jbeachboy » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:36 pm

foye is resting tonight and harris gets start. atkinson said he likes bojan instant offense off bench.
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#62 » by NyCeEvO » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:37 pm

Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:Joey Buckets takes a dump that stiff Karasev. More aggressive, confident, assertive. The guy has stones. Karasev was a scrub who smoked cigarettes and spent more time **** ing hookers and drinking than working on his game.

Buckets fits in easily in the rotation. If LeVert shows serious potential someone's going to get benched. Bojan had better show more than he did the other night i'll say that much.

where do you fit him in the rotation? who sits?

Bogs
RHJ
Skil
Foye

thats before levert gets back and not counting any minutes lin, grevis, or whitehead may play at SG

I don't see anyone getting over 32mpg with the exception of Lin. Plus, I think we'll play a ton of small ball. It wouldn't surprise me in the least to see Atkinson put Bogs in as a super smallball "stretch" 4, once every few games.

As far as positions go, they've already talked about everyone having the ability to play multiple positions.

Mentally, I have them marked out as being capable of playing the following positions:
Harris: 2-3
Bogs: 2-3 (occasionally spot minutes at 4)
RHJ: 2-3 (more minutes at 4)
Skil: 2-3 (A few minutes at 1)
Foye: 1-2
Greivis: 1-2 (although he's big enough to handle some spot minutes at 3)
Whitehead: 1-2 (but I'm sure he'll get a lot of minutes in the D-League)

By the end of the year, the Nets hope that Whitehead will take minutes away from Foye and RHJ will be good enough to hold his own for a few minutes at 4 to allow Levert some breathing room. Plus, I think Levert is going to get worked in very slowly. He's their prized project and they want to make sure they do their due diligence in making sure he only plays when he's 100% healthy.

Here's my take at what things will look like at the start of the season:

Estimate of minutes distribution at position
Lin (32)/Greivis (10)/ Foye (6)
Bogs (20)/Skil (20)/Foye (8)
RHJ (24)/Harris (12)/Bogs (12)
Booker (25)/Scola (10)/ RHJ (8)/Bennett (5)
Lopez (30)/Hamilton (12)/Bennett (6)

D-League: CMC, Ferrell, Beech
hood30
Rookie
And1: 229

Post#63 » by hood30 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:47 pm

Prokorov wrote:
hood30 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
Atkinson has said foye will be in the rotation, and probably start. i doubt he gets dropped.

What about Bogs?..I'm pretty sure they promised Bogs he will be part of the starting unit...I think you could use another good shooter beside RHJ...Foye has been average at best for his career, so I'm not sure whether he'd be the best fit on a team that is lacking shooting.

i dont think they promised bogs anything, but either way he is going to see big minutes. bogs percentages are better, but his splits home and road are ugly and he is inconsistent month to month. Bog is also one of the 5 worst defenders in the league, just ahead of bargani statistically.

it will be interesting to see how it shakes out. originlly i liked bogs starting, but i like him on the second unit with all euros and all offense minded. i think its a better fit for him with that group, and he can be the primary ball handler there

Foye is about 6'3 which will be a problem wen facing guys like Derozen, Beal and other top SG..and Foye has never been known as a good defender,,,At least, Bogs is 6'8.

I don't think Foye ball handling is enough for him to start..at the very least, if he was a good career 3PT shooter, him on the starting unit would be sellable....I still think he doesn't make the rotation at all unless he starts.
steady
Veteran
And1: 1,351

Post#64 » by steady » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:58 pm

Prokorov wrote:
hood30 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
Atkinson has said foye will be in the rotation, and probably start. i doubt he gets dropped.

What about Bogs?..I'm pretty sure they promised Bogs he will be part of the starting unit...I think you could use another good shooter beside RHJ...Foye has been average at best for his career, so I'm not sure whether he'd be the best fit on a team that is lacking shooting.

i dont think they promised bogs anything, but either way he is going to see big minutes. bogs percentages are better, but his splits home and road are ugly and he is inconsistent month to month. Bog is also one of the 5 worst defenders in the league, just ahead of bargani statistically.

it will be interesting to see how it shakes out. originlly i liked bogs starting, but i like him on the second unit with all euros and all offense minded. i think its a better fit for him with that group, and he can be the primary ball handler there

Is Bogs a good ball handler? Looking forward to getting a sense of his game..
jbeachboy
Assistant Coach

Post#65 » by jbeachboy » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:22 pm

bogs is ok at ball handling, gets stripped often and fumbles alot.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#66 » by Prokorov » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:51 pm

NyCeEvO wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:Joey Buckets takes a dump that stiff Karasev. More aggressive, confident, assertive. The guy has stones. Karasev was a scrub who smoked cigarettes and spent more time **** ing hookers and drinking than working on his game.

Buckets fits in easily in the rotation. If LeVert shows serious potential someone's going to get benched. Bojan had better show more than he did the other night i'll say that much.

where do you fit him in the rotation? who sits?

Bogs
RHJ
Skil
Foye

thats before levert gets back and not counting any minutes lin, grevis, or whitehead may play at SG

I don't see anyone getting over 32mpg with the exception of Lin. Plus, I think we'll play a ton of small ball. It wouldn't surprise me in the least to see Atkinson put Bogs in as a super smallball "stretch" 4, once every few games.

As far as positions go, they've already talked about everyone having the ability to play multiple positions.

Mentally, I have them marked out as being capable of playing the following positions:
Harris: 2-3
Bogs: 2-3 (occasionally spot minutes at 4)
RHJ: 2-3 (more minutes at 4)
Skil: 2-3 (A few minutes at 1)
Foye: 1-2
Greivis: 1-2 (although he's big enough to handle some spot minutes at 3)
Whitehead: 1-2 (but I'm sure he'll get a lot of minutes in the D-League)

By the end of the year, the Nets hope that Whitehead will take minutes away from Foye and RHJ will be good enough to hold his own for a few minutes at 4 to allow Levert some breathing room. Plus, I think Levert is going to get worked in very slowly. He's their prized project and they want to make sure they do their due diligence in making sure he only plays when he's 100% healthy.

Here's my take at what things will look like at the start of the season:

Estimate of minutes distribution at position
Lin (32)/Greivis (10)/ Foye (6)
Bogs (20)/Skil (20)/Foye (8)
RHJ (24)/Harris (12)/Bogs (12)
Booker (25)/Scola (10)/ RHJ (8)/Bennett (5)
Lopez (30)/Hamilton (12)/Bennett (6)

D-League: CMC, Ferrell, Beech

i think thats in the right ball pak... here is my take.

foy is likely to get more then 14 minutes. id that happens OR if RHJ gets 0 minutes then thats basically 6 mpg for harris. and RHJ is far and away our best player when it comes to RAPM/RPM/BPM. so i think 28-30 minutes is a possibility for him.

although what you outlined is also certainly plausible
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#67 » by Prokorov » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:53 pm

hood30 wrote:

Foye is about 6'3 which will be a problem wen facing guys like Derozen, Beal and other top SG..and Foye has never been known as a good defender,,,At least, Bogs is 6'8.

I don't think Foye ball handling is enough for him to start..at the very least, if he was a good career 3PT shooter, him on the starting unit would be sellable....I still think he doesn't make the rotation at all unless he starts.[/quote]

Being 6'8" is irrelevant. bog is arguably the worst defensive wing in the league. and thats not hyperbole. statistically the past 2 seasons he is bottom 3 in nearly every advanced defensive metric. bargani type metrics on that end.

Foye can hold his own despite his size, and with Lin being taller they can cross match with foye on the PG and Lin on the SG. even if thats not working great, there is no scenario were bogs doesnt make us worse defensviely then foye.
jbeachboy
Assistant Coach

Post#68 » by jbeachboy » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:30 pm

bogs plays no defense, unless he improved, he shouldnt start.
TinmanZBoy
Head Coach
And1: 4,720

Post#69 » by TinmanZBoy » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:31 pm

Prokorov wrote:
hood30 wrote:

I don't think Foye ball handling is enough for him to start..at the very least, if he was a good career 3PT shooter, him on the starting unit would be sellable....I still think he doesn't make the rotation at all unless he starts.

Being 6'8" is irrelevant. bog is arguably the worst defensive wing in the league. and thats not hyperbole. statistically the past 2 seasons he is bottom 3 in nearly every advanced defensive metric. bargani type metrics on that end.

Foye can hold his own despite his size, and with Lin being taller they can cross match with foye on the PG and Lin on the SG. even if thats not working great, there is no scenario were bogs doesnt make us worse defensviely then foye.[/quote]

so far I've been pleasantly surprised by Bojan's defense...
Hi Clutchie, I love you... :kiss
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,572

Post#70 » by DarkXaero » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:51 pm

Bogdanovic's defense would be better if he wasn't played at SG often. He would do a better job of guarding SFs.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,911

Post#71 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:55 pm

Prokorov wrote:
hood30 wrote:

Foye can hold his own despite his size, and with Lin being taller they can cross match with foye on the PG and Lin on the SG. even if thats not working great, there is no scenario were bogs doesnt make us worse defensviely then foye.

Randy Foye is a career 36% 3pt shooter, and his ball handling is good enough be used as a secondary handler, unlike Bojan and Kilpatrick. I think he's going to play unless LeVert blows the coaching staff away when he's given the green light.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
GoodDayLa
Junior
And1: 45

Post#72 » by GoodDayLa » Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:34 am

Just curious, was that Harris slash layup against the Heat a goal tend or not? Harris seems like he can move somewhat but he has low NBA level athleticism so his layups will get blocked or rejected a lot against teams like the Clippers, Miami, even Portland with bouncy bigs.

I'd also like to see Harris get some screens like D Williams screened Harris off for Wayne Elington to hit that first 3. Wonder if Harris has that in him.
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Re: RE: Re: Net Sign Joe Harris 

Post#73 » by NyCeEvO » Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:19 am

GoodDayLa wrote:Just curious, was that Harris slash layup against the Heat a goal tend or not? Harris seems like he can move somewhat but he has low NBA level athleticism so his layups will get blocked or rejected a lot against teams like the Clippers, Miami, even Portland with bouncy bigs.

I'd also like to see Harris get some screens like D Williams screened Harris off for Wayne Elington to hit that first 3. Wonder if Harris has that in him.

He seems to run off screens ok so I don't see his lack of superior athleticism as an insurmountable negative. I think he'd be fine.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
GoodDayLa
Junior
And1: 45

Post#74 » by GoodDayLa » Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:25 am

NyCeEvO wrote:
GoodDayLa wrote:Just curious, was that Harris slash layup against the Heat a goal tend or not? Harris seems like he can move somewhat but he has low NBA level athleticism so his layups will get blocked or rejected a lot against teams like the Clippers, Miami, even Portland with bouncy bigs.

He seems to run off screens ok so I don't see his lack of superior athleticism as an insurmountable negative. I think he'd be fine.

I think you're probably right. I guess also with time the sets will get faster and executed even better so Harris can get that flip off his fingers a split second faster.

Lin and Harris have good 2 man passing chemistry. If Harris was a smidge more athletic, this guy would be off the charts as a diamond in the rough. The good thing is he seems to play within himself and understands not to do too much and stick to the coach's game plan and let the other parts of his game show through time while right now just establishing he's a great 3 ball man and off ball mover.

I'd like to see Lin and Bojan start a game in the backcourt or at least at the 3 to see how that goes as well.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#75 » by ChokeFasncists » Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:05 am

DarkXaero wrote:Bogdanovic's defense would be better if he wasn't played at SG often. He would do a better job of guarding SFs.

Agreed, especially backup SFs and backup stretch fours.
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#76 » by ChokeFasncists » Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:08 am

GoodDayLa wrote:
NyCeEvO wrote:

If Harris was a smidge more athletic, this guy would be off the charts as a diamond in the rough.

I suspect he's a bit too buff for a wing. Loses mobility.
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
jbeachboy
Assistant Coach

Post#77 » by jbeachboy » Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:44 am

ChokeFasncists wrote:
GoodDayLa wrote:
NyCeEvO wrote:He seems to run off screens ok so I don't see his lack of superior athleticism as an insurmountable negative. I think he'd be fine.

If Harris was a smidge more athletic, this guy would be off the charts as a diamond in the rough.

I suspect he's a bit too buff for a wing. Loses mobility.

cavs and magic gave up on joe harris fast. he was a nice cheaper replacement when we lost crabbe and johnson.
JohnStockton
Senior
And1: 877

Post#78 » by JohnStockton » Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:57 am

Harris has been pretty good, especially as a free pickup. I think he's kind of useless without a proper PG to pair with though. He's not that quick on the floor to do anything by himself, and though it's obvious he can swish threes, his release is actually kind of slow. He can't shoot over the top of the defense and needs to be wide-open to hit his 3s (but he does this very well...).

I'd like to see the team run him off staggered screens off-ball and see if he can get a few open 3s here and there.
On October 31, 2009, against the Kings, a bat descended onto the court causing a stoppage of play. As the bat flew past, Ginóbili swatted the bat to the ground with his hand. He then carried the creature off the court, earning the applause of the crowd.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#79 » by Prokorov » Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:30 pm

TinmanZBoy wrote:
so far I've been pleasantly surprised by Bojan's defense...

glad parts of 2 preseason games has you pleasantly suprised. i feel bad once the season starts. he is a horrible defender
playteamball
Senior
And1: 73

Post#80 » by playteamball » Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:23 pm

Play Harris more. Bogs too. I'd actually like to see Lin-Harris-Bogs together. Great offense. As for defense, Harris seems solid and Bogs at least puts out effort, and smart, unselfish team defense can be just as important as individual athleticism.

Return to Brooklyn Nets