ImageImageImageImageImage

Nets 2018-19 Win Prediction Thread

Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

bud29
Junior
And1: 139

Re: Nets 2018-19 Win Prediction Thread 

Post#61 » by bud29 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:26 am

My official prediction is that we get 28 wins again. I'm guessing we start off (relatively) strong but then really take our foot off the gas in March/April to jockey for a better draft spot. We could probably get to 32-33 wins if we went full throttle for the entire season.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 35,864

Post#62 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:46 am

shakendfries wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
shakendfries wrote:
This season is a a failure if we win 35 games.

It's kind of catch 22. If the Nets win 35 games, that means the young players have taken a leap, but we will fall out of range for a top 8 pick. If the Nets remain stagnant or worse, we get a great lottery pick and a shot at say Cam Reddish, but it also means that most likely we failed to see improvement. Which means the rebuild will be even longer.

I can't fathom how upset I'll be if the Nets don't wind up with a legitimate prospect next year

With the draft odds being changed and just looking at it realistically, I think we walk away with a solid prospect regardless even if we have to package someone to trade up. But in general it would be best if we can land a pick within the top 10 while also showing internal improvement. If Russell repeats what he's done over the first three years of his career the Nets will have to renounce his rights. LeVert needs to become more consistent. RHJ needs to expand his range. Allen needs to get stronger. if those things fail to happen in 18-19 I think that will be the larger disappointment.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#63 » by Prokorov » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:48 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
shakendfries wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
It's kind of catch 22. If the Nets win 35 games, that means the young players have taken a leap, but we will fall out of range for a top 8 pick. If the Nets remain stagnant or worse, we get a great lottery pick and a shot at say Cam Reddish, but it also means that most likely we failed to see improvement. Which means the rebuild will be even longer.

I can't fathom how upset I'll be if the Nets don't wind up with a legitimate prospect next year

With the draft odds being changed and just looking at it realistically, I think we walk away with a solid prospect regardless even if we have to package someone to trade up.

even if we are late lotto 12-14 range we will likely end up with something alot better then what we have been getting the last few years. we should be able to get a legit day 1 starter with an all-star potential
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#64 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:51 am

Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
shakendfries wrote:

With the draft odds being changed and just looking at it realistically, I think we walk away with a solid prospect regardless even if we have to package someone to trade up.

even if we are late lotto 12-14 range we will likely end up with something alot better then what we have been getting the last few years. we should be able to get a legit day 1 starter with an all-star potential

yeah and with Marks and the Nets scouting department I'm pretty sure they already have multiple targets in mind with all star upside.

thats a lot better than having to find diamonds in the rough at the back end of a draft class.

Prokorov
RealGM

Post#65 » by Prokorov » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:55 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

yeah and with Marks and the Nets scouting department I'm pretty sure they already have multiple targets in mind with all star upside.

thats a lot better than having to find diamonds in the rough at the back end of a draft class.

based on some recent updates, you could be looking at zion williamson in the late lotto
Yit
Junior
And1: 31

Post#66 » by Yit » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:05 pm

Yit wrote:I am predicting 31 wins based off what I can count off the EWA of our players. Sigh still haven't completed my GCP scores for all nba players last season. May modify my predictions once I get the final computations and comparisons done (hopefully before the new season starts).

Am adjusting my prediction to 34 wins. Had forgotten to add Ed Davis' EWA.
Stability is a myth perpetuated by the agents called homeostasis and status quo....
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#67 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:13 pm

Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

based on some recent updates, you could be looking at zion williamson in the late lotto

Whats your take on him? I need to see a full season of his college tape but honestly outside of his size and athletic ability (which is something the Nets lack) I really didn't find any of his high school tape to be impressive at all. He looked like he was playing against children.

bws94
Head Coach
And1: 1,222

Post#68 » by bws94 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:43 am

MrDollarBills wrote:yo, mark me down for 29 wins officially unless something changes before October. i'll still bet the over because i think Allen, RHJ and LeVert will take upward strides. Russell, I don't know. he's a wildcard. 32 wins is too high.

The issue of w's vs. L's will be team execution in the clutch as well as getting defensive stops. If it comes down to last shots from DLo or Dinwiddie or possibly Lin, then you don't win a lot of games that way. Allen plays a big role in terms of rebounding and being a rim protecting presence. Then the guards, will they make good decisions and winning plays or not? Here's where I think Lin can matter, but I don't assume Lin will be on the team or healthy. Then it's up to CLV and DLo and at times Dinwiddie to make the decisions, at both ends of the court. I like CLV to be the one to execute and DLo to make the big baskets but also plays down the stretch of the 4 with Din being another PnR guard and secure ballhandler. CLV and DLo have to cut down on TOs.

Last season the team was in a lot of close games. Didn't execute when needed, also there were letdown games where they played down to the competition. Have to avoid both to get a better record this season. I also think had this team been healthy and Lin, DLo without the months out, and RHJ and CLV without their extended weeks out, definitely would have been around 33 plus wins for the season.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#69 » by Prokorov » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:06 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Whats your take on him? I need to see a full season of his college tape but honestly outside of his size and athletic ability (which is something the Nets lack) I really didn't find any of his high school tape to be impressive at all. He looked like he was playing against children.

no idea all i saw was monster dunks on rich white kids.

we need athleticism bad though. like you said we need to see him at duke for a year
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#70 » by Paradise » Mon Aug 6, 2018 1:12 am

Vegas Over/Under: 10th in the East w/ 32.5 wins.

Read on Twitter
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#71 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Aug 6, 2018 1:32 am

Sign me up for those 32 wins right now as far as the season goes, that means internal improvement heading into a summer where we can improve this team in a plethora of ways. Whether or not I'm going to bet on that is another question entirely.

jbeachboy
Assistant Coach
And1: 359

Post#72 » by jbeachboy » Mon Aug 6, 2018 2:56 am

im going with 35 wins as my guess.
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,597

Post#73 » by TheNetsFan » Mon Aug 6, 2018 1:44 pm

Just as I said last year, the safer money is on the under. With positive internal development and good fortune, we can exceed 32.5 wins, but unlikely by much. However, injuries, trading vets, etc. can all put negative pressure on the win total. Our range is probably about 27 wins (with bad injury luck/selling for future asset trades) to 35 wins (with good health, development & continuity).
Claud
Sixth Man
And1: 872

Post#74 » by Claud » Mon Aug 6, 2018 2:18 pm

If healthy and no major injuries put me down for 42 wins.

If injuries strike put me down for 34 wins.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#75 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Aug 6, 2018 4:12 pm

^^^if this team 42 games that would mean that Russell, RHJ, LeVert and Allen made massive leaps. I honestly don't see that happening all at the same time.

NetSymptom
Junior
And1: 115

Post#76 » by NetSymptom » Mon Aug 6, 2018 5:19 pm

I think we added some good depth, but no one that is going to dramatically move the needle in terms of Ws and Ls. I think we are going to see some development from our young guys, but I think we are still a few pieces away before we have enough of an overall talent base to be winning much more than where we are now.

I'm saying 29 wins
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#77 » by Prokorov » Mon Aug 6, 2018 5:52 pm

NetSymptom wrote:I think we added some good depth, but no one that is going to dramatically move the needle in terms of Ws and Ls. I think we are going to see some development from our young guys, but I think we are still a few pieces away before we have enough of an overall talent base to be winning much more than where we are now.

I'm saying 29 wins

I agree. We still lack startling level talent and depth among quality starting caliber players. That alone will hurt the W/L and it makes it even worse once injuries hit (all teams have multiple injuries of some form). we dont have the depth to overcome that.

I think 28-32 wins sounds right and if i had to set an over under id make it 29.5

For us to win 40 games, russell would need to have a harden/oladipo like jump, RHJ would need to played 75 improved games, crabbe, faried, harris, and carroll would all need to have good consistent seasons, and allen would need to make a huge improvement.

we would also need to win all the close games and get all the lucky bounces and get some cheap wins vs. tankers/resters late in the year
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#78 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Aug 6, 2018 8:38 pm

NetSymptom wrote:I think we added some good depth, but no one that is going to dramatically move the needle in terms of Ws and Ls. I think we are going to see some development from our young guys, but I think we are still a few pieces away before we have enough of an overall talent base to be winning much more than where we are now.

I'm saying 29 wins

Yeah I'm not changing my prediction either. Too many variables, not enough talent.

MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#79 » by MGrand15 » Mon Aug 6, 2018 9:32 pm

This number from Vegas is a lot more realistic + more difficult to bet. 25.5 was kind of crazy. I thought Vegas knew something that I didn't. 32 is the sweet spot. I think we just hit the over but I'll wait until training camp to make my prediction.
JiggaMan06
Sophomore
And1: 24

Post#80 » by JiggaMan06 » Tue Aug 7, 2018 1:57 pm

Im goin with a Dirty 30

Return to Brooklyn Nets